Cursor highlights the wrong rows in excel?

I find that I have to select 3 rows above the row I want to highlight in
excel. This carries forward when selecting multiple rows. My mouse is always
about 3 lines above the cells being acted upon.

Smtp addresses export to excel file
I have and exchange 5.5 server. We have another location seperate from us that would like all of our smtp address in an excel format. I have tried several KB articles regaurding this. One uses the save window in exchange admin to create a csv file. This would work fine however when I open the file the only thing that is listed in the spreadsheet is the name of the mailbox, phone #, and date modified. No Smtp addresses are included. Is there an easier way. Any help much appreciated. Thanks! Hi Aaron, Thank you for your post! You can use Outlook to realize this feature. Just follow the step...

Pivot Table update without opening the Excel file.
Hi, I have a spreadsheet saved as an xlt. It has three pivot tables which connect to CSV data files using Microsoft Text Driver. The CSV files are updated overnight by an external application. The Excel file is in \\Server\Viewers The Data files are in \\Server\Data Local users use a shortcut to open the Excel file on \\Server\Viewers which the does an auto-update from the CSV files. The pivot table data is updated. All that has been working perfectly for years, internally. Now I need to send the same excel file to another company by email. I have succeeded in writing a vbscript that creates...

Row to Column #2
I have a row with 94 entries. I would like this data converted to a column instead. Is there an easy way to accomplish this? Thank you. Brian Copy the row. Assume row 1 Select A2 and Paste Special>Transpose>OK>Esc. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 6 Dec 2004 16:45:03 -0800, "Brian" <Brian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a row with 94 entries. > >I would like this data converted to a column instead. > >Is there an easy way to accomplish this? > >Thank you. Thank you Gord, worked like a charm. "Gord Dibben" wrote: >...

Column/Row Formating
I am using Office XP which inclued Excel 2002; my problem is my row/column formating will occasionally change without any input from me. I have several cells merged and do not have width set to adjust for the amount of text,just text wrap. Any ideas, I have to keep correcting my formats. Thanks, Gary C. Gary Merged cells will allow "wrap text" from Format>Cells>Alignment but.......... Excel has a problem auto-fitting merged cells. You can resize manually or via Macro. Jim Rech has written code for this. http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=e1%241uzL1BHA.1784%40tkm...

Importing from Access to Excel
How do you import either a delimited text file or an Access table to Excel when the source file is over 65,000 lines (my maximum with Excel 2002). I would like to be able to import the text file to muliple worksheets on Excel. Thanks Since an Excel worksheet has 65,536 rows (period) your best bet may be to break your source file up into several, each have no more than that. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP ...

Excel.exe has generated error/Days calculation from date
An error message occure while opening specific file "Excel.exe has geneated Errors and will be closed by the windows you need to restart the program." How can we get the No. of days using two date calculation because days360() is not solving the problem. I would highly appreciate for help ...

macro in excel to copy from excel to word
i have a database in excel...which i would like to take more advantag of. I also have some forms in Word that I was hoping to be able to get the to be automatically completed using the excel database. Initially thought this would be quite simple.... just record the macr then modify it to suit. This using simple copy from excel and paste into word document, o pasting into form..field..values. I have done a little before with excel macros - to a level of 'usin excel programming for dummies' book. But really do not know where t start now. Have seen this: "Dim appWD As Word.Appl...

In Excel, why sort function fails when applied to a list of date?

Excel trouble
Chris & Jerry Macrthy roml12@aol.com Maureen & Mike Mulligan momulligan@home.com Ann & George Raab araab7@hotmal.com Tom & Kathy Flaim tomkathy@nycap.rr.com Tom & Sally Ford tiford51@aol.com John & July Ford john9444@aol.com Ford pegtom-42@webtv.net Teresa-Irland stod37teachglass@eircom.net I have a user with an excel spreadsheet like this. Other users can just click on the email address to the right and have it open up an email client. On this users P/C he clicks on the address and it says that the operation can not be completed beacuse de...

Excel can't do hex
I would like to be able to define a group of cells as (hex, oct, or bin). The effect would be that when I input numbers, or the cell displays numbers they would be in the chosen format. For example: I set up cell A1 as a hex "type" cell. I set up cell B1 as a decimal "type" cell. In cell B1 I put the simple formula (=A1). Now I enter "ff" into A1 and "255" pops up in B1. I understand that there are hex2dec, dec2hex, bin2dec, ...etc formulas. These, however, aren't much help when you are trying to work with a different base across the whole spreads...

Smartlist export to Excel #2
Quantities for Inventory Items are set-up in our database with zero decimals. When exporting 'Inventory Purchase Receipt' information to Excel, quantities receipt and quantities sold, greather than 1000, are shown only the first digit in Excel, for example 4,799 is shown for 4. Any idea how to fix it??? Thanks, -- Toni Sounds more likely that the file is being exported as a csv using the print function in smartlist. -- Mick "Toni" wrote: > Quantities for Inventory Items are set-up in our database with zero decimals. > When exporting 'Inventory Purchase ...

Export MS-Excel to HTML
I am aware of the possibility to save an Excel document as html, but this generates a massive amount of html-code. The program xls2html do what I need where a link between each cell is created via a template. This would do the trick for me, but unfortunately this program is no longer supported and it does not include the hyperlinks in the html-code. Any ideas on how to update an html-document linked to an MS-Excel document? Real time linking is not needed - just a relatively easy way to do this every week or so to reflect price changes. Thanks. Mogens Hi Mogens See if you can find ...

How do I return to the start of the next row
I am typing in a row of 8 numbers in EXCEL...when I finish and hit enter, I want to the cursor to move back to the FIRST column of the next row??? How can I command the machine to do this? Thanks Hi one way: - select your entry range before entering your data - now ENTER should bring you to the next row -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Barbara Retzko" <Barbara Retzko@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:0023940B-9946-4E73-9772-10198D728A4E@microsoft.com... > I am typing in a row of 8 numbers in EXCEL...when I finish and hit enter, I >...

Linked Excel table with forced text wrap
I have an Excel table linked to Access. The text in Excel is forced to wrap (I've tried both Alt-Enter and using Char(10) in an expression - same result). Char(10) or Alt/enter code shows up as a little box in Excel with no forced wrap. Any ideas? Here's the text in Excel (shows up as text, not dates) "12/12/05 1/03/06 3/22/06" Here's what I get in Access 12/12/05(little box)1/03/06(little box)(little box)3/22/06 ...

How do I use a password to protect an Excel file from peeping eyes?
Basically I finished my account tracker, but I would rahther use a password to prevent others from openning at all, I tried the Protect>>Protect workbook, but it doesn't work. Thanks. Do a file|SaveAs (you can use the same name). Then on that dialog Tools|General Options|provide a password to open (xl2002 wording) I think it was: tools|Options in earlier versions (but still under the file|saveas dialog) Fat Cat wrote: > > Basically I finished my account tracker, but I would rahther use a password > to > prevent others from openning at all, I tried the Protect>...

pasting linked excel cell and maintaining formatting no matter wha
I am linked pasting a data cell from Excel into Word. I am using the paste special, paste link: unformatted text I make adjustments to the font and font size in Word. I goto Excel, and I modify the text in the cell and go back to Word and it changes. How can I get the formatting to stay the same, no matter what? In Word, make sure to modify the *paragraph style* applied to text. That way you would prevent any unexpected changes when the OLE link is updated. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "JEB" wrote: > I am linked pasting a data cell from Exce...

Cells Highlighted
I have a very large excel file, which when I click on an individual cel many other cells are all highlighted in a group. Any ideas, is it something obvious ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ~~Now Available: Financial Statements.xls, a step by step guide to creating financial statements Conditional Formatting might be engaged. To see all cells in a sheet that have CF, at the menu, Edit, Goto, SpecialButton, Check Conditional Formatting, OK Delete, or modify....

Annotating charts in Excel
I am creating a line chart in Excel, and want to annotate various movements in the line. It is a share price graph, with price against date (and volumes on a secondary axis), and I want to explain the significant peaks, troughs, movements etc. Ultimately I want arrows to point to the line which are sequentially numbered - I will have a separate table which shows the date and narrative for each number (space is limited on the chart itself, as I'll have about 10-15 arrows). Rather than drawing the arrows on manually, and adding text boxes with numbers, is there any quicker way of doing it...

How can I translate text in many cells of an Excel sheet from English to Greek with VBA
Hi all, I have a spreadsheet with thousands of rows and columns of text that I'd like to translate into Greek. Can anyone tell me how I might do that using VBA with some free service or API online? Many thanks in advance. Kim Kim wrote, on 01st March 2012 00:11 UTC + 1 : > Hi all, > > I have a spreadsheet with thousands of rows and columns of text that > I'd like to translate into Greek. > > Can anyone tell me how I might do that using VBA with some free > service or API online? > > Many thanks in advance. > > Kim Hello, This is a quite classical...

locking a row?
Running Excel 97 SR-1 and have forgotten what you call locking a row in a sheet so that it stays in view and you can see the names of each column. How do you do it also? Thank you, Steve T Steve T wrote: > Running Excel 97 SR-1 and have forgotten what you call locking a row in a > sheet so that it stays in view and you can see the names of each column. How > do you do it also? Thank you, Steve T Steve -- 1st position your cursor on the row below the one with the titles that you want to show. Next, go to the Window on your Menu Bar and select "Freeze Frames". That s...

exporting report into Excell
When I export a report into Excell, the bin location for some items shows as a date rather than a number or general. These items were created at different times. I have deleted the bin location, exited the item and the reentered the bin location to no avail. Any suggestions? Format the destination column as text and use the 'Paste Special... | Values Only' function. Also good for retaining leading zeroes. Tom -- Stop fishing for e-mail "Sandy" wrote: > When I export a report into Excell, the bin location for some items shows as > a date rather than a number...

Excel ? how to get data points to be crosses
In MS excel the plotted data point options are triangles, squares and circles, all solid. How do I creatt them in just outline and how do I represent data points by crosses rather than those other shapes? Double click on a series of points, and click on the Patterns tab. You can choose any of the marker styles, including a cross, from the dropdown. To get an outline of the shape, select None for the background color of the marker. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ STEJHA wrote: > I...

Excel 2003
Hi - quick question, if you have a moment - I've got a (tall) column of names of the format: FirstName LastName I want to convert them to the format: LastName, FirstName Is this possible in Excel 2003? Thanks very much - Assume they start in A1, insert a new column B or use the one you have if it is empty, then in B1 put =MID(A1,FIND(" ",A1)+1,255)&", "&LEFT(A1,FIND(" ",A1)-1) press enter Select B1 again, move the cursor to the lower right corner of B1 and when it changes from a thick cross to a think double click and copy down the formula. S...

CListCtrl Changing the row height
Hello, I'm trying to change the the row height of a CListCtrl ( not the total length of the listCtrl) i.e. I want the text to be displayed with the same font size but the height of this text (item) should be increased. This way on a touch screen the distance between the items is large enough to select an item in the ClistCtrl. Currently the clistctrl has one column, and each row data has a small icon and text beside it. Do you have any suggestions. Thanks, Regards, Suresh I think the only way to do it is to use a custom draw list control. This article should explain how to do...

wrong format for month in cell
Hi all, Using Excel 2003 on Windows XP Pro. sp2 I have a date in a cell like this 03/01/2008. let say cell B1 Under format cell; Category = Date , Type = *03/14/2008 In another cell I have a formula like this; =MONTH(B1) Under format cell; Category = Custom, Type = mmmm the result = January. what??? I want it to be March, don't understand why it thinks 01 = month? Not sure why it would not be; 03 = month, 01 = Day, 2008 = year Will on top of wanting the correct format that I mentioned for month above, I also need it be be the previous months name? so the value in the c...