Currency Style button

When I click the Currency Style button on the Formatting toolbar my data is
formatted as Accounting. Wouldn't it logically be formatted as Currency? I'm
assuming that the Currency Style button actually refers to the type of
currency (English dollar, British pound, etc.) rather than the type of
formatting applied. However, doesn't the use of "Currency Style" on the
button name imply that it will apply the Currency style formatting? Any
thoughts on this?
--
Anita
0

It is what Redmond decides it is!?!?<g>

However, you can change it to suit your own preferences.

<Format> <Style>
And expand the "Style Name" window,
And then click on "Currency".

Click on "Modify", which brings up the standard, familiar Format window.

Adjust the format to what you wish, then <OK> <OK>.
--

HTH,

RD
==============================�================
==============================�================

"Anita" <Anita@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
When I click the Currency Style button on the Formatting toolbar my data is
formatted as Accounting. Wouldn't it logically be formatted as Currency? I'm
assuming that the Currency Style button actually refers to the type of
currency (English dollar, British pound, etc.) rather than the type of
formatting applied. However, doesn't the use of "Currency Style" on the
button name imply that it will apply the Currency style formatting? Any
thoughts on this?
--
Anita

0
ragdyer1 (4060)
4/16/2005 5:52:15 PM
RD,

Thank you so much for your quick response...your information was very helpful.

Anita

"RagDyeR" wrote:

> It is what Redmond decides it is!?!?<g>
>
> However, you can change it to suit your own preferences.
>
> <Format> <Style>
> And expand the "Style Name" window,
> And then click on "Currency".
>
> Click on "Modify", which brings up the standard, familiar Format window.
>
> Adjust the format to what you wish, then <OK> <OK>.
> --
>
> HTH,
>

> RD
> ==============================­================
> ==============================­================
>

> "Anita" <Anita@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I click the Currency Style button on the Formatting toolbar my data is
> formatted as Accounting. Wouldn't it logically be formatted as Currency? I'm
> assuming that the Currency Style button actually refers to the type of
> currency (English dollar, British pound, etc.) rather than the type of
> formatting applied. However, doesn't the use of "Currency Style" on the
> button name imply that it will apply the Currency style formatting? Any
> thoughts on this?
> --
> Anita

0
Anita (41)
4/17/2005 8:07:02 PM
Appreciate the feed-back.
--
Regards,

> RD,
>
> Thank you so much for your quick response...your information was very
helpful.

> Anita
>
> "RagDyeR" wrote:
>
> > It is what Redmond decides it is!?!?<g>
> >
> > However, you can change it to suit your own preferences.
> >
> > <Format> <Style>
> > And expand the "Style Name" window,
> > And then click on "Currency".
> >
> > Click on "Modify", which brings up the standard, familiar Format window.
> >
> > Adjust the format to what you wish, then <OK> <OK>.
> > --
> >
> > HTH,
> >

> > RD
> > ==============================­================
> > Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit!
> > ==============================­================
> >

> > "Anita" <Anita@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > When I click the Currency Style button on the Formatting toolbar my data
is
> > formatted as Accounting. Wouldn't it logically be formatted as Currency?
I'm
> > assuming that the Currency Style button actually refers to the type of
> > currency (English dollar, British pound, etc.) rather than the type of
> > formatting applied. However, doesn't the use of "Currency Style" on the
> > button name imply that it will apply the Currency style formatting? Any
> > thoughts on this?
> > --
> > Anita

0
ragdyer1 (4060)

Command Button Help.
I have command buttons on the top of a Form I have created. I want to be able to print the Form using the command button I added to print the active form but not the command buttons on the Form. I cannot find an option to hide the buttons when I print. Any help is greatly appreciated. Set the Display When property of the command button to Screen Only. -- Ken Snell <MS ACCESS MVP> "avw410" <user@domain.com> wrote in message news:Or7QF5HLIHA.1208@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... >I have command buttons on the top of a Form I have created. I want to be &g...

Restore button minimizes instead of restores!
For some reason whenever my user hits the restore button in excel, the application is minimized to the task bar instead of just becoming smaller on the screen. How can I reset the function for restore so that it doesn't minimize it? Thanks, Leslie Lesile, I had this happen once on a computer, don't know why, in my case the window looked like it was minimized to the task bar, but it was actually going off screen, try this after you hit the restore button, press (shift + alt + spacebar), then press m. now you can try to move the window with the arrow keys and see if you can find it...

Toolbar Buttons #2
Our IT recently installed XP on my machine (yes, still using 98!). When using Excel now, I can add buttons to the toolbar, but once I close Excel, I lose the one buttons that were added. This was not a problem when using 98. Is there a default Book1 page that XP is not letting Excel see? Or some other problem? Thanx! -- bmac Maybe you have a couple of *.xlb files fighting each other. I'd do this to see if it helps. Close excel windows start button|Find|*.xlb rename all the ones you find to *.xlbOLD Start excel make a change to a toolbar close excel windows start button|Find|*...

Option Button
Hello, I'm using Office 2000 (Excel) and I'm trying to recreate a form from a hard copy. My computer version needs to look exactly the same. In this form there are circles that need to be filled in. I think I'm headed in the right direction by using the control toolbar and inserting option buttons since multiple circles may need to be filled in. I'm able to get all of them filled in but once they are filled in I can't get them to clear (toggle from filled in to not filled in). Any help or ideas for other ways to accomplish this task would be greatly appreciated...

Where to find the Security Access for LookUp CTRL+L Button?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_004F_01C9C7E8.74C7EFD0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello People, I am using GP 10 SP3 and some of my Users do not have the access to = LookUp ( Magnifier) Button which is also accessible with CTRL+L but I = can't find any place to enable access for this. Regards, ------=_NextPart_000_004F_01C9C7E8.74C7EFD0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD ...

Finetune formula to get currency format?
I've managed to put together two different formulas from two different sources and it seems to be working okay except in terms of the format of the numbers. The formula is this: =IF(G2="?",TEXT(G2,"$0")&" ttl unknown",G2*I2) The "$0" in there is a remnant from the original. I don't know what to do with it so I've left it in. The purpose of this formula is to deal with situations where a list price is unknown and a user puts a question mark in G2. This formula goes into the totals column but there is no total known so th...

Unrestrict Style Templates
Word 2007's Style Changes was restricted thru Style Manager. I want to unrestrict, but can't find the Manage Style button to unrestrict the styles. How do I do this? On Fri, 20 Nov 2009 17:22:01 -0800, bretsharon <bretsharon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Word 2007's Style Changes was restricted thru Style Manager. I want to >unrestrict, but can't find the Manage Style button to unrestrict the styles. >How do I do this? Either click the little launcher button in the bottom right corner of the Styles group on the Home ribbon, or press Ctr...

Problem with MS Money misreading fund currencies
Hello, I have a Luxembourg registered Japanese Yen investment fund. The ticker number is LU008366012. The value of this fund is quoted in Yen, for example here: http://moneycentral.msn.com/detail/stock_quote?Symbol=NL%3ALU008366012 How can I make MS Money update the value of this fund in Yen? The problem is that the fund is only registered in a few European countries (eg Netherlands) and so if I add the ticker symbol NL:LU008366012 to MS Money it assumes the nominal value is in the currency of the Netherlands - Euros (thereby suddenly making me very rich!). Unfortunately the fund is n...

Access 2003
I know just enough about acess to get in trouble. So here's my question. -I would like to create a form that has a labeled text field that defaults blank. -I would then like to enter data to be queried in that text field. -Next I want to create a button that then querries the entered data against the data in a specified column of one table. When/if it finds a match, I would like ONLY the entire requested record to generate in a table/worksheet view. Below is an example [IMG]http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c125/txczshooter/AccessQuestion.jpg[/IMG] <a href=&qu...

Dropdown button in a toolbar control
Hi all, I'm trying to implement the dropdown button in a toolbar control. I try to handle the TBN_DROPDOWN message with the ON_NOTIFY macro: ON_NOTIFY(TBN_DROPDOWN, AFX_IDW_TOOLBAR, OnToolbarDropDown) afx_msg void OnToolbarDropDown(NMTOOLBAR* pnmtb, LRESULT *plr); and get the following error: error C2440: 'static_cast' : cannot convert from 'void (__thiscall CMainFrame::* )(NMTOOLBARA *,LRESULT *)' to 'void (__thiscall CCmdTarget::* )(NMHDR *,LRESULT *)' Does anyone know how to fix it? Cheers Kozlo Here's something to try... Change the function to be...

DAP w/ button coding
I have a DAP form that works fine in Access. But I must be missing something to get it to function properly in DAP. Essentially, I have two buttons. The first is to save the record that has just been filled in. The other is to close out the form and return to the original report. Background on the Report: Simple report indicating who is out on vacation and until when. If someone does not appear on the list and you know that person is going to be out, you click on the "Add Proxy" button and it takes you to this form. Once you have filled in the form, you have two options:...

Extract All Button for Unzipping Gone.
When I compress a folder it compresses, for uncompressing the extract = all button is missing. What I had did? Recently I opened a zipped file with notepad, since then I cannot = uncompress any compressed file, when I right click a compressed file, it = gives me an option OPEN WITH that=E2=80=99s to chose either notepad, = word pad etc. but I cant find any Extract all button.=20 Also the logo on this compressed file is of notepad and not the usual = zipped folder. No this is happened only in one account I checked it in = other account all is fine there. I did not try to ope...

how do i disable radio buttons?
GetDlgItem(IDC_RADIO1)->EnableWindow(flag); GetDlgItem(IDC_RADIO2)->EnableWindow(flag); void CDlg_Log::OnRadio1() { // TODO: Add your control notification handler code here m_rad1 = 0; NoSel(FALSE); for (int i=0;i<1000000000;i++) { i++; continue; } NoSel(TRUE); } void CDlg_Log::OnRadio2() { // TODO: Add your control notification handler code here m_rad1 = 1; NoSel(FALSE); for (int i=0;i<1000000000;i++) { i++; continue; }NoSel(TRUE); } radio1 and radio2 are in one group,when i select radio1,i hope both buttons become disabled until the cycle in o...

Hide/Show controls based on value of radio button
I need to hide/show some controls on a form based on the value of a radio button. This is what I have so far and it doesn't seem to be working correctly. My two buttons have a value of 1 and 2 respectively. Private Sub Frame4_Click() Select Case Frame4.Value Case 1 Me.Combo15.Visible = False Me.cmdUpdateRole.Enabled = False Me.cmdEditUser.Visible = False Call ShowEditControls 'we will need the same controls as our edit form Me.txtUsername.Visible = True Call clearForm 'just in case End Sele...

Toggle betwen "editing" and "pushing" a button in excel
When I place a button in excel, I can edit it (add code and such), but to be able to "push" the button the only thing I have figured out is to quit the file and get back in it. This is Excel 2003 I believe. br You are probably still in "design mode". On the Control Toolbox Toolbar click on the top left button(looks like a ruler and a tri-square). Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Wed, 8 Dec 2004 15:19:01 -0800, "brjohnson9" <brjohnson9@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >When I place a button in excel, I can edit it (add code and such), but to be >able...

WM_ERASEBKGND & WM_CTLCOLOR don't seem to be working for my owner drawn button
Hello all, I've been stuck on this problem for days now, I have an owner drawn themed button(which draws a transparent bitmap and right aligned text). I implement this button on a dialog which has a GDI+ lineargradient which is applied via the dialogs WM_ERASEBKGND(which works fine). And I have followed the advice I've found to use WM_ERASEBKGND in my owner drawn buttons class to return a null brush , I've also done the same in WM_CTLCOLOR of the buttons' class. but these DO NOT work. I still end up with this white rectangle that is around my button . I've traced it to Draw...

Transaction coding style
Hi Am trying to code correct and are wondering which of these code blocks are the most right. Thanks --Version 1: BEGIN TRY BEGIN TRANSACTION DELETE FROM dbo.Address WHERE UserId = @userid; IF(@@ROWCOUNT = 0) BEGIN IF(@@TRANCOUNT > 0) ROLLBACK TRANSACTION; SET @statuscode = 20; RETURN; END SET @statuscode = 100; COMMIT TRANSACTION; END TRY BEGIN CATCH IF(@@TRANCOUNT > 0)ROLLBACK TRANSACTION; EXEC dbo.Error_ErrorHandler; SET @statuscode =...

Outline Styles
I use outlines for sermon outlines. As I am 74 and retired I don't do much preaching but I do occasionally. I am use to first line being roman numerals. The first indent be .25" and uses A, B, C The Third indent is 1, 2, 3 My problem I set up styles hang 1, hang 2 and hand 3; I call them hang because I hang the second line. My problem is in making my styles I say automatic update and when I go to II How now brown cow and then the indent under that doesn't start with A. but continues from the numbering from hang 1. Then I go to a new letter under hang 2 then ...

Separate Button for Auto Filter Selected Range
Hi, How can we creat separate button in MS excel for selected range class in auto filter. If we click on button then only selected range class appears. Should we write script on Macro in VB. For example, Button Name "XYZ" Column A (with Auto Filter) ABC XYZ DEF XYZ If we click on button "XYZ" then cell "XYZ" instead of "ABC" & "DEF". Regards EggHeadCafe.com - .NET Developer Portal of Choice http://www.eggheadcafe.com IF? you mean that you want to filter the range by the selected column then you would probably want a double_clic...

Cant apply format currency to a cell.
I copy, pasted the Access's querry result into excel. I can format one of the columns into currency. Even after I do there is no change. Please help. If you copy from Access 2002 and paste into Excel, the numbers are pasted in as text. You'll have to change them back to numbers before you can format them: 1. Select an empty cell on the worksheet 2. Choose Edit>Copy 3. Select the cells that you pasted from Access 4. Choose Edit>Paste Special 5. Select Add, click OK If you do this frequently, you can use a macro to convert the numbers. I use this one (written by Jon Pelti...

305 line Command Button Slow
I have a Command Button with 305 lines of code associated with it. Approx. 150 of the lines are Setting Objects, the rest are actual code. Granted I have them spread out, so when concatenating fields, I can have that one statement stretch out over several lines. My problem is, the button is taking a minute+ to run. I can't seem to figure out why other than it's a lot of code. Can someone help me? I've posted the code below. Any help is appreciated. Sub Save34_Click 'Sets Object Controls for Save34 Command Button On Click Set objControl025 = Item.UserProperties...

Excel should have toolbar buttons which allow subscript and super.
Excel should have toolbar buttons, similar to word, that allow you to quickly format text as subscript or superscript. Rather than having to go into the Format Cells menu. You should make your suggestion to microsoft wish, it will get the attention it deserves there -- Regards, Alvin Bruney - ASP.NET MVP [Shameless Author Plug] The Microsoft Office Web Components Black Book with .NET Now available @ www.lulu.com/owc "citizenwad" <citizenwad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C56ED9D7-9502-48D0-8BD4-6E79F1D8ABC3@microsoft.com... > Excel should have toolb...

Custom POS Button font size?
Is there any way to customize the Custom POS Button font size and possibly the background color of the buttons? I know how to change the image, what the text says and the width of the buttons but that is it. I know I can create an image with the font I want but it still shrinks the image and text too far. Our dealer did this for us; we have a coffeebar in our retail store and their buttons on the POS screen are all customized. (looks like a rainbow really) Just contact your dealer, they'll be able to tell you. (so yes it is possible) "Rob F." <RobF@discussions.micro...

Outlook 2000 SR-1 Toolbar and Buttons
I need some help on 2 issues. Just to let you know I'm a techie so, I can figure things out reasonable well but I need help on these two issues. In Outlook 2000 SR-1 I right click on the toolbar and go to customize. On the "Command" side of the window I click on a button so I can modify it and the "Modify Selection" button below the windo does not highlight so I can access the drop down list. It stays grayed out. What's up with this and how can I fix it? Next problem, In Outlook 2000 mail. I set up different email accounts and unlike Outlook Express where...

Outlook style
When typing a new message, the style defaults to paragraph rather than normal (Tools\Styles\....) and I have to manually highlight and change the entire message each time back to normal. How can I make the message default to the normal style? >-----Original Message----- >When typing a new message, the style defaults to paragraph rather than normal >(Tools\Styles\....) and I have to manually highlight and change the entire >message each time back to normal. How can I make the message default to the >normal style? >. > What is your e-mail editor? Word? Thanks for ...