CTRL+PAGE UP/DOWN isn't working. Any advice?

Any advice?  CTRL+PAGE UP and CTRL+PAGE DOWN don�t move me from on
worksheet to another on my computer. I�ve searched the ExcelTip.co
forums for solutions already given for this problem and haven�t found
solution that works on my machine yet.

I�ve tried using:
-Tools, Options, Transition(tab), turn off Transition shortcut keys: M
transition shortcut keys are turned off.
-Scroll Lock is off.

I�m using:
-Excel 2002 for Office XP
-WindowsXP Professional platform
-Dell Inspiron 8100 (which is about 2.5 years old)

I welcome all suggestions.

Thanks

Hi tettrick

If you start Excel in Safe mode do you have the same problem then?

Close Excel if it is open

Start>Run
Type   Excel.exe /Safe

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"tettrick >" <<tettrick.1cl9vl@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:tettrick.1cl9vl@excelforum-nospam.com...
> Any advice?  CTRL+PAGE UP and CTRL+PAGE DOWN don't move me from one
> worksheet to another on my computer. I've searched the ExcelTip.com
> forums for solutions already given for this problem and haven't found a
> solution that works on my machine yet.
>
> I've tried using:
> -Tools, Options, Transition(tab), turn off Transition shortcut keys: My
> transition shortcut keys are turned off.
> -Scroll Lock is off.
>
> I'm using:
> -Excel 2002 for Office XP
> -WindowsXP Professional platform
> -Dell Inspiron 8100 (which is about 2.5 years old)
>
> I welcome all suggestions.
>
> Thanks.
>

> ---

rondebruin (3790)
9/14/2004 8:06:15 PM
Hi Ron,

Thanks for your reply.  I've just followed your instructions to ru
Excel in Safe Mode and still couldn't use the keyboard to change sheet
within a workbook.

If you have other suggestions, I'll try them gladly.

Thanks!
tettric

Hi

>If you have other suggestions, I'll try them gladly
I never hear of this but try this :

My first step will be register Excel again to see if this fix it

Close Excel first and
On the Windows Taskbar

1 ) Start>Run "excel.exe /unregserver"(no quotes)>OK.
2) Start>Run "excel.exe /regserver"(no quotes)>OK.
See the space between exe and /regserver

You might have to designate a full path to excel.exe.
In that case Start>Run "C:\yourpath\excel.exe /regserver"(no quotes)>OK.

Then my next step will be this one

Try to rename your .xlb file

maybe you have a corrupt or bloated xlb file
*normal* size is < 30 kb.
The .xlb file has all Toolbar customization in it.

Close Excel
Do a search for .xlb in windows
Rename the file you find (mine is named Excel10.xlb in 2002)
Start Excel

Deleting the file or renaming will do no harm on your system
Excel will create a new one for you.
(You lost your customization remember that)

If you make your own toolbars or add buttons to the others
This file is important (backup it so you can restore it)

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"tettrick >" <<tettrick.1clb4f@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:tettrick.1clb4f@excelforum-nospam.com...
> Hi Ron,
>
> Thanks for your reply.  I've just followed your instructions to run
> Excel in Safe Mode and still couldn't use the keyboard to change sheets
> within a workbook.
>
> If you have other suggestions, I'll try them gladly.
>
> Thanks!
> tettrick
>

> ---

rondebruin (3790)
9/14/2004 8:49:17 PM
Inspiron's are laptops, right?

Maybe it's not excel.  Maybe it's the laptop?

I've never used an Inspiron, but maybe there's a keyboard problem (stuck??)

Or if it's a programmable keyboard, maybe someone programmed it differently--do
you have a pet cat <vbg>?

(or maybe one of those fn (function) keys got stuck.)

"tettrick <" wrote:

> Hi Ron,
>
> Thanks for your reply.  I've just followed your instructions to run
> Excel in Safe Mode and still couldn't use the keyboard to change sheets
> within a workbook.
>
> If you have other suggestions, I'll try them gladly.
>
> Thanks!
> tettrick
>
> ---

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com
0
ec35720 (10082)
9/14/2004 11:01:58 PM
Ron & Dave,

Thank you both for your suggestions.  I'm sorry to report to you tha
so far, no success.

I tried running: excel.exe /unregserver

And I tried renaming then removing "Excel10.xlb" from th
"...application data\microsoft\excel" directory.  (My "Excel10.xlb" i
a 10kb file.)

I don't think that stuck keys are the problem because the CTRL  an
PAGE UP / PAGE DOWN keys work for separately for other functions i
other programs.

I'll check Dell's user forums too incase it's a Dell or Inspiro
keyboard thing instead of a Microsoft or Excel thing, but I hope yo
and others will continue to make suggestions.  I'm looking forward t
the added convenience of this feature!

Many thanks,
tettric

I don't have any other guesses.  (If it didn't work when you started excel in
safe mode, then it's not a macro--which was my initial guess, too.)

"tettrick <" wrote:

> Ron & Dave,
>
> Thank you both for your suggestions.  I'm sorry to report to you that
> so far, no success.
>
> I tried running: excel.exe /unregserver
>
> And I tried renaming then removing "Excel10.xlb" from the
> "...application data\microsoft\excel" directory.  (My "Excel10.xlb" is
> a 10kb file.)
>
> I don't think that stuck keys are the problem because the CTRL  and
> PAGE UP / PAGE DOWN keys work for separately for other functions in
> other programs.
>
> I'll check Dell's user forums too incase it's a Dell or Inspiron
> keyboard thing instead of a Microsoft or Excel thing, but I hope you
> and others will continue to make suggestions.  I'm looking forward to
> the added convenience of this feature!
>
> Many thanks,
> tettrick
>
> ---

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com
0
ec35720 (10082)
9/15/2004 9:08:21 PM
Hi tettrick

Same as Dave
Sorry we can't help you

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl

"tettrick >" <<tettrick.1clsgv@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:tettrick.1clsgv@excelforum-nospam.com...
> Ron & Dave,
>
> Thank you both for your suggestions.  I'm sorry to report to you that
> so far, no success.
>
> I tried running: excel.exe /unregserver
>
> And I tried renaming then removing "Excel10.xlb" from the
> "...application data\microsoft\excel" directory.  (My "Excel10.xlb" is
> a 10kb file.)
>
> I don't think that stuck keys are the problem because the CTRL  and
> PAGE UP / PAGE DOWN keys work for separately for other functions in
> other programs.
>
> I'll check Dell's user forums too incase it's a Dell or Inspiron
> keyboard thing instead of a Microsoft or Excel thing, but I hope you
> and others will continue to make suggestions.  I'm looking forward to
> the added convenience of this feature!
>
> Many thanks,
> tettrick
>

> ---

rondebruin (3790)
9/15/2004 9:13:27 PM
Ron & Dave,

Thanks very much for your time & ideas.  I appreciate them very much.

Sincerely,
tettric

I have a dell keyboard also and it doesn't work on mine either, common
denominator here?

Rob

"tettrick >" wrote:

> Any advice?  CTRL+PAGE UP and CTRL+PAGE DOWN don’t move me from one
> worksheet to another on my computer. I’ve searched the ExcelTip.com
> forums for solutions already given for this problem and haven’t found a
> solution that works on my machine yet.
>
> I’ve tried using:
> -Tools, Options, Transition(tab), turn off Transition shortcut keys: My
> transition shortcut keys are turned off.
> -Scroll Lock is off.
>
> I’m using:
> -Excel 2002 for Office XP
> -WindowsXP Professional platform
> -Dell Inspiron 8100 (which is about 2.5 years old)
>
> I welcome all suggestions.
>
> Thanks.
>

> ---

Robb27 (4)

calculate how many 'work days' in a month / week
hi guys, currently i have a formula (thanks to this NG) that calculates how many days there are in a month. is there a way to extend this formula to calculate the number of work days (mon-fri) there are in that month? cheers Use the NETWORKDAYS function: =NETWORKDAYS(start_date,end_date) -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "Chuck" <cvanoosbree@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1194478027.357664.102700@t8g2000prg.googlegroups.com... > hi guys, > > currently i have a formula (thanks to this NG) that calculates how > many days there are in a month. is there a way to ...

Passwords work only when issued from the GP instance they're set f
Database is: "Microsoft SQL Server 2005 - 9.00.4035.00 (X64) on Windows 2008 Build 6002: Service Pack 2 64-bit. Dynamics is deployed via Terminal Services on a Windows 2003 SP2 32-bit server. Dynamics was installed on both servers using the base v10 CDs and then upgraded to the lates pre SP4 hotfix 10.00.1328 (KB971014) on both servers. Now the weird part. I can log in as 'sa' on both servers no problem. However, if I login to Dynamics on the TS as 'sa' and reset my password, I can log into the TS with my username & password but can't login from GP on the...

Hyperlinks Don't work in SAW VML IFRAME
Visio 2003 Prof 1. Hyperlinks in SAW to VML (no IFRAME) work OK. 2. Hyperlinks in SAW to VML (with IFRAME) do not work OK (blank IFRAME) 3. Hyperlinks in SAW to SVG (no IFRAME) work OK. 4. Hyperlinks in SAW to SVG (with IFRAME) work OK. (Hyerlinks are to other pages within the same document): Above seems to point to the JavaScript functions in the VML format option do not correctly form their hyperlinks when they are within an IFRAME. Has anyone fixed this? Are MS going to fix this? Hi David, You don't list the options you are selecting when using the Visio 2003 Save as Web featu...

macro for comparing fields in two work books
Hello, I have two excel spread sheets (say A1 & A2). A1- is the master sprea sheet and A2 is smaller spread sheet with very few details. Suppose Column B in A2 has 100 partnumbers and Column C in A1 has th superset of partumbers (1000) and corresponding details for each par number, I need to: 1. Check if all the 100 part numbers in A2 has a corresponding match i A1 2. Extract the info for the matched partnumbers from A1 and list in seprate sheet. 3. Even if there in no match A1, let's say for 40 of them, it shoul still list those parts in the new sheet. Can anybody help me with t...

Not working...
I tried to do it, but it is still not working. But, I noticed something strange today. If I open my application, then I move to another application, or minimize it - and when I retore my application, it looks fine!! I don't know what is going on... Any help will be appreciate!! Judith Just a thought... If you explained what the problem was, you would probably have a much better chance of getting someone who could figure out why it is happening. I don't know if you've already discussed it in a thread somewhere but this post was not connected with any previous posts. -- Jona...

Will Publisher 97 work with later versions of windows?
just wondering if publisher 97 will work with later versions of windows such as XP or ME and suchlike? Jon Yes... -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://dgl.microsoft.com/ http://mvps.org/msauer/ "belly483" <belly483@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:00a801c34c73$dd061820$a101280a@phx.gbl... > just wondering if publisher 97 will work with later > versions of windows such as XP or ME and suchlike? > > Jon Whilst attempting to develop brick-based storage technology, Ed reads a message from belly483 <belly483@hotmail.com> > just wondering if publisher 97 will wo...

Tree view of wiki pages: is it possible???
Hi all, I'm building a wiki site and I'd like to have on the left side menu (the quick launch menu) somehting like a tree view that let me easy navigate the wiki pages... maybe a wiki library is not what I need, because none will add or remove contents... basically I'm using a site as an "instruction book"... and the tree view should make easy to navigate the differents web pages... any suggestion??? Thanks Vit On Mar 19, 5:59=A0pm, Vit <fina...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi all, > > I'm building a wiki site and I'd like to have...

Same image/every page
Hi I'm wondering if it is possible to have a png image appear automatically on every page. It needs to sit behind the text, and to further complicate things, needs to shift with the gutter depending on whether it is on a left or right page. This is of course a breeze with a page layout app but the client insists the project be completed in Word. Alternatively, is there something like a Paste in Place command in Word? TIA mw maxxwitt wrote: > Hi > I'm wondering if it is possible to have a png image appear > automatically on every page. It needs to sit behind the text, and ...

Rules Not Working
Hi, Is there any reason why none of the rules I created in WLM work??? They're for my ISP email, not Hotmail. When I "apply" them, WLM goes through the motions but none of my emails mentioned in the rules get moved to their designated folders. I don't have Outlook on this particular computer nor do I have any intentions of installing it. I'm using Vista as well. Thanks In Advance Abb N This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00AF_01CA8CA3.7BD84790 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transf...

Does Multi-Field Index Work For Date/Time Values Only
I created a MS-Access DB table with the following 3 columns: ColID - PRIMARY KEY Col1 - Number Col2 - Date/Time Next I created a multi-field index using Col1 & Col2. I entered the following row in the 1st row: 1 5/10/2007 Next when I tried to add the above row again, as expected, I wasn't allowed to enter the same row. Next I entered the following 2 rows: 1 5/11/2007 2 5/10/2007 Both the rows were accepted. After this I deleted the 3 records, went back to the design view & changed the data type of Col2 from Date/Time to Number keeping the multi-field index...

Page Breaks Problem ( Emergency , Gurus.. PleaseHelp)
Can any body help me immediately. Please understand the snario. I am setting the page breaks on my excel sheet. that i had generated b executing code from Visual Basic. When i first time generate the exce sheet the code used to set the page breaks executes right. but when second time execute the code. the code to set the page breaks, Fails. Below is given the code that i am using to set the page breaks. Plese help .. wrkSheet.HPageBreaks.Add Before:=Cells(Row, 1) wrkSheet.VPageBreaks.Add Before:=Cells(1, CmbMaxColumns+1) Follwing is the error that s show when i execute the code s...

Want to make complex header on 2nd and 3rd page
I need to make a quotation which consists of a first page, thats fully on its own and then two pages which has a same header. The header, though, consists of quite a lot of text and also a company logo and that was byond the header functionality. How to get the 2nd and 3rd pages with a complex upper part? Bart Exc 2003 ...

Prinding each row of Excel sheet on a seperate page dispallying one record on each pa
From a spread sheet ,I need to print out a row on each page seperately that is printout each record on the row on one page seperately. Can any one please advise how it can be done ? Fro example Row 1 Data 11 Data 12 Data 13 Row 2 Data 21 Data 22 Data 23 Row 3 Data 31 Data 32 Data 33 I would want to print out Data 11 and Data 22 on one page then Data 21 and Data 22 on the second page and data 31 and Data 33 on the third page Pleae advise if and hwo this is possible. Thank you Sanjeev --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Sorry ...

"with <string> in sender" clause works on substring (matches on too many senders)
Outlook 2002 SP-3 I don't send myself e-mails but spammers would like to pretend that I do. They often must put something in the From header to be RFC compliant, so they throw in the same e-mail address as they shoved in the To header. Say I have an account called smith@domain.tld. I define the rule: Apply after receiving a message with smith@domain.tld in sender permanently delete stop processing more rules Looks good until you realize the match is on a substring rather than an exact match on the sender's full e-mail address. The messages do get deleted if I sen...

Invalid page fault #4
When I start up Outlook a message displays this program has performed an Illegal Operation. Further explanation describes " Outlook caused an invalid page fault in clthood.dll @0197:61c05319". Just started doing this. When I try to reinstall Outlook, I get a message Unable to run setup. Any suggestions? Hi, Are you sure that the name of the file is correct ? Is it clthood.dll ??? Please verify .. Hope this helps !!! With Regards, Sudharson.AN "Mark" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4cf201c3ffcf$168c6a40$a001280a@phx.gbl... > ...

keeping footer from resizing when using the fit to page function
How do I keep the footer from shrinking in excel when i use the "fit to page" option for my worksheets. I'd like it to stay the same size no matter what the font of the worksheet is. ...

WLM Stopped working 02-20-10
I'm running Vista Home Premium, SP2, 2 GB of RAM, Firefox, WLM, all WU's current. I was in WLM mail newsgroups earlier today and things just stopped. WLM stopped responding. Now I cannot log into WLM. It used to log into window Live by itself (password and all) from my desktop icon, but now the only thing that happens when I try to open my WLM app window is I'm taken to IE (7). Then when when I try to sign in Windows live it won't do it. I've already ran SAS, MBAM, CCleaner and Avira in Safe mode but found nothing. Then I did a system restore back to a fe...

print preview does not match page i am working on
In this white space (not the subject line), let us about the problem in more detail If print preview is showing only part of the worksheet, then you need to reset the print area in the File | Print Area dialogs best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email "gillygalloo" <gillygalloo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9739F8B9-CBC6-4722-88FA-AEC01F6348FC@microsoft.com... > ...

Reply button doesn't work in Outlook 2003
I just re-installed Office 2003 on my Windows Server 2003 SP1. Outlook kept refusing to open, wanting to send an error report to Microsoft and then ask to open in safe mode only to refuse to open in Safe Mode as well. So I installed SP1 which didn't help. Then I installed SP2 which fixed that problem. But I cannot reply to any messages. After I open an email I click the Reply but nothing happens. Can anyone help? -- Spin Sounds like office was installed before terminal services. Try uninstalling and reinstalling office. Jeff Pitsch http://www.sbcgatekeeper.com Your Termi...

how to retrieve data from password protected web pages?
how can I retrieve data from password protected web pages in excel? ...

Outlook Web Access
I cannot open e-mails forwarded to me from several AOL users. OWA shows "The page cannot be displayed" message. I can open all other e-mails. Looking at the details of the message I find these content types: multipart/mixed, text/plain, message/rfc822, multipart/alternative, text/html, application/msword. text/html is the only one represented in the registry and is in Level2MIMETypes registry entry. Any help on what may be blocking these e- mails is greatly appreciated. ...

Complusory Work Order
Hi there I am trying to make qork order as the default input screen. That is when a sale is done instead of it being a invoice or receipt it needs to be a work order. I know this can be achived via macro or using the WORK ORDER fuction already avaiable. But i was hoping if there was a way to actually get the POS started in Work order screen by default. -- Cheers Topi It can be done with an add-in. Ask your reseller for help with this... Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tibercreek.com ---------------------------------------------- Please DO NOT respo...

Formula Not Working Properly
I have the formula below and have tried copying it down column in macro. It will calculate the first cell "Q2" properly, but copies the same calculation from Q2 to all other cells. If I click in the formula and then the check mark to the left of formula, it calculates properly in the cell. How can I make it calculate properly from the macro? Also the range will change with each import to the worksheet the macro is applied to. How can I write the macro to apply to all cells in column Q where there is data in other columns in formula? Range("Q2").Sel...

Export to comma-delimited format doesn't seem to work
I apologize for the elementary question. I have an Excel spreadsheet which is simply a list of email addresses. I want to export them to a format allowing me to paste them into the "To" field of an email. (In case you're concerned, this is not unsolicited bulk commercial email). I've been able to export them to a .csv format, but it doesn't seem to have the commas, which confuses me and my email software. Any help will be much appreciated. -- Patty Ayers | www.WebDevBiz.com Free Articles on the Business of Web Development Web Design Contract, Estimate Request Form...

linked pages not working properly in mspub2000 for windows
Hi, On a pc, I created a 31 page document possibly done in Pub.98 that functioned perfectly. Now, while trying to edit/revise that document on a new computer in Pub 2000, finding that when I add new/additional text, instead of the text linking to the next page, it links to a page at the end of the document. For example, I am typing on page 20 and instead of the text continuing onto page 21, it jumps to the end of the document (page 31) I have tried to create links between pg 21 & 22, but can't create a link- I get a message that there is 'text'. It will only link to a bla...