CSV error when trying to save

I'm using Windows Vista X86 and Word 2007 and I'm trying to save a workbook
in the CSV file format. Everytime I save, it gives an error saying the file
name.csv may contain features that are not compatible with CSV (Comma
delimited). I was wondering if I would lose data or if data would be
corrupted because of this?

Many Thanks

Brandon G.

It is not an error, it is a warning, just letting you know that the csv will
contain plain text, no formatting, no formulas, etc.

"Brandon G" wrote:

> I'm using Windows Vista X86 and Word 2007 and I'm trying to save a workbook
> in the CSV file format. Everytime I save, it gives an error saying the file
> name.csv may contain features that are not compatible with CSV (Comma
> delimited). I was wondering if I would lose data or if data would be
> corrupted because of this?
>
> Many Thanks
>
> Brandon G.
You can look at the resultant file in notepad and see if it looks ok.

Brandon G wrote:

> I'm using Windows Vista X86 and Word 2007 and I'm trying to save a workbook
> in the CSV file format. Everytime I save, it gives an error saying the file
> name.csv may contain features that are not compatible with CSV (Comma
> delimited). I was wondering if I would lose data or if data would be
> corrupted because of this?
>
> Many Thanks
>
> Brandon G.

0
Bob
3/23/2010 9:38:51 PM
"Brandon G" wrote:
> I was wondering if I would lose data or if data would
> be corrupted because of this?

Yes and no.  It depends on how you expect to use the CSV file.

Excel does not put double-quotes around text.  Consequently, if you have
text that looks like a number, especially a number with more than 15 digits,
you will encounter trouble if you use Excel to open the CSV file unless you
take precautions.

There are probably other text strings that can be misinterpreted when saved
in a CSV file and opened by Excel because of the lack of double-quotes.

> I'm using Windows Vista X86 and Word 2007 and I'm trying to save a workbook
> in the CSV file format. Everytime I save, it gives an error saying the file
> name.csv may contain features that are not compatible with CSV (Comma
> delimited). I was wondering if I would lose data or if data would be
> corrupted because of this?
>
> Many Thanks
>
> Brandon G.

CSV File Problem

Help, I cannot Save!

.pdf save as settings

crm 3.0 error 03-01-06

Error in Outlook Today

Re: 'Uknown Error 0x800CCC97'

Budget Wont Save
I have have Money 2002 for awhile and have never been able to save a budget and start a new one. I decided to start over with a new file, but once I get all my info back in there, it still won't save. MS has no info in the KB about this. Anyone else have this issue? ...

stop error defeating me

Error in database....

error 553

80070005 error #2

Formatting in CSV
Hi I create a Comma Separated Value file (csv) from my VB application, then open that file with Excel. Excel recognises the commas, and splits the records into separate fields as expected. Can I set properties for rows or columns or cells ? Like bolding, or font size, etc. Thanks Robert -- RobertLees ------------------------------------------------------------------------ RobertLees's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26580 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=486488 Yes. Even though the .csv file contains no fo...

How to save as a high definition JPEG
Whenever we save our Advertisements file in JPEG format we get a low resolution file. Is there any way to save our file as a high resolution JPEG file? Thank You Michael Whilst attempting to develop brick-based storage technology, Ed reads a message from Michael Malone <mmalone@pdp.ca> > Whenever we save our Advertisements file in JPEG format we > get a low resolution file. Is there any way to save our > file as a high resolution JPEG file? Publisher 2003 can save JPG files at high resolution. A workaround in Publisher 2002 is to enlarge your publication to a larger size,...

CRM Error

smtp authentification errors
Hello, I just installed Exchange 2003. It all works fine. I=B4m now=20 retrieving the emails via pop-con and pop3. However I=20 cannot send any authenticicated emails, because the=20 exchange server sends a wrong authentification account to=20 the mail provider, despite the fact, that the right one to=20 be used is enterd. The mail provider tells me that he recives a smtp call,=20 but it=B4s aborted by his server. We do not have a static IP but a dynamic IP, that changes=20 every 24 hours. If a messages is sent to an existing hotmail account the=20 following error message is displayed in the ...

#error in the calculated field
Hello, I locked the data entered for some users, because their role is just to input the date of invoice for approval by Prj.Manager. My qeustion is, is it the reason we see the "# error" in the VAT checking field??. I tried to ck formula in the qrid query, nothing wrong Thanks for your explanation -- H. Frank Situmorang On Tue, 15 Jan 2008 23:33:01 -0800, Frank Situmorang <hfsitumo2001@yahoo.com> wrote: >Hello, > >I locked the data entered for some users, because their role is just to >input the date of invoice for approval by Prj.Manager. > >My q...

Error when changing average perpetual
I Have the following error in Microsoft Dynamics GP on the screen of average perpetual "Message #10577 Missing" somebody knows about this??? Thankļæ½s. Gabriela Martinez. ...

Outlook MAPI (WMS idle error message while shutting down)
I am loading the mapi32/mapisp32 dll in my program. When I shut down while my program is still running, I am getting "WMS Idle" message. 1. While shutting down, why i am not getting 'fnevCriticalError' notification in my IMAPIAdviseSink class?? and 2. What exactly is causing the WMS Idle message ? Any help will be appreciated... ...

save to email
I just used microsoft publisher 2007 and made a seven page 8.5 x 11 document with pictures in it. It only saves it in publisher if I try emailing it it emails the whole publisher program with the page. The text just saves with no pictures in my documents. I am trying to email the document. I have downloaded everything I can find on the internet. When I click email nothing happens. I have tried to save it as a pdf as a picture and it only saves the text. Please help....thanks Joy what email client are you using? you can't have a 7 page email - emails are not paginated...

Save behavior while in Edit/Enter mode
Excel's save behavior is different on my home pc from its behavior at work. At home, Excel will save the document even if I'm in edit or enter mode in a cell. At work, where we have a document management system, Excel will only save when in Ready mode. Is this an Excel setting (I've dug around and cannot locate such) or is it due to the docs management integration? -- RegalTang ------------------------------------------------------------------------ RegalTang's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26446 View this thread: http://www....

How to set excel to prompt to save before closing file?
Excel has stopped prompting to save the save before closing a changed file? I can't find how to reset so that it prompts to save the file? There is no workbook setting that I know of to stop a save prompt. The only way I know of to achieve this is by a macro that uses the Before_Close event. You wouldn't have created such a macro by error. I did find two articles discussing unusual circumstances where you might not get a prompt. I have no other ideas. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;176700 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;213513...