Cross worksheet references cannot be easily changed

I have a 21 worksheet, workbook.  The first sheet is 'info' and contains
common information used in the other 20 sheets.  If I try to change a
reference (for instance: change an '=info!$A$1' to let's say '=info!$A$5')
what winds up in the cell is the literal '=info!$A$5', not the new common
value.  The way I am doing it is to create a new row, make it '=info!$A$5'
(the new common value is now in the created row) and move it to replace the
original cell.
Am I doing something wrong?

Cross refrence an index table and sum in one step?
Currently I get financial info broken down into accounts, the number accounts may change every month. I have an index spreadsheet that lists every possible account and what category it goes into. Currently I do a Vlookup from the financial spreadsheet to my index to get the category name on the financial spread sheet, then sumif at the bottom to summarize, not a big deal really, but I have multiple spreadsheets I do this on every month so I was wondering if there was any way possible to do this in one step. Something like a sumif(vlookup(a1:a100,indextable a1:b1000,2,false),ca...

How do I change my email address for Office Online?
How do I change my email address for Office Online? ...

Changing producet key in RMS
I input the incorrect product key while installing RMS on a client (I have mutiple clients and just input the wrong one). I would like to change the key to the correct one. How do I do this easily? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0576_01C7B447.A8CDDD50 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Richard, Either hand the Product ID sheet to the other client or put in the = correct Product ID and when the other is installed, they will have to = call for a different Product ID. Product ID's are NOT...

How do I change
When typing long text into the cell page break is not dividing it, so as a result only part of text is printed out. Changing the column width of is not the option. How I can change the default maximum row height (409 points to the larger number, and how I could devide cell with the page break? ...

How to change default date formula on Excel worksheet
Excel 2007 Want to change the default formula for date on worksheet. Currently any date input auto displays as "17-Apr" for example. I know how to format to display 4/17/2010, but want this as default when I open the worksheet. In excel 2003 it was easy set up in "Options" in 2007, I can't seem to figure how to set this default. Advises please Change it Windows CP, Regional & Language Options. -- Regards Dave Hawley www.ozgrid.com "alexanderoux" <alexanderoux@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6E394AB6-C944-4...

Changing Uppercase to Lowercase
I have been supplied a huge Excel file, but all the text has been entered as CAPS. Is there anyway in Excel that you can change this to Upper and Lowercase or just lowercase would do. I am using Excel 2000 on an XP PC. Any help would be gratefully received. You have to use helper columns and the built-in functions Proper or Lower to do that or... The free Excel add-in "Excel Extras" will do that. It has upper, lower, proper and sentence case options added to the format menu. Does other stuff too. Download from... http://www.realezsites.com/bus/primitivesoftware -- Jim Cone S...

Changing cost on IMC
Hi, I have recently joined my E2K3 to my existing Exch 55 site. both Exchange servers has IMC installed. I have changed the cost of the Exch 55 to cost 99 in the Address Space tab and hoping all outgoing email will send through the E2K3 IMC. But for users on the Exch 55, emails still going out through the Exch 55 IMC instead of the E2K3 IMC. Am I missing something here ? How can I make sure and confirm external emails will sent through the E2K3 IMC ? ps. I have waited 1 day. TIA Steven This may help: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/883407/ -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com...

Distributing Changes in Workbook
Hi, This is a newbie question. Suppose a worksheet has been developed and it was distributed to a number of people who have been entering data into their own copies of the workbook. If a change is made in the 'master' worksbook to VBA code or a cell formula to fix a problem, what is the best way to distribute the VBA / formula changes to the different users while allowing them to keep the data in their copies of the workbook? I hope this question makes sense. TIA! This sounds like a good reason to distribute the VBA code as a separate workbook (as an Addin). Then you could just...

3.0 Lastname change ???
I made a new user and then changed the way it show lastname name to name lastname. How can I get the first user to be in this format ? Jack Can I just change the full name for the user en the table for systemusers ??? There hasn't been created other things than this user in the system ? "Jack" <jackdSPAM@jackd.dk> skrev i en meddelelse news:OUjgKfOeGHA.3388@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... >I made a new user and then changed the way it show lastname name to name >lastname. > > How can I get the first user to be in this format ? > > Jack > You can...

Change view button sends message to view after its destroyed
I've still got a problem with my MFC code (see PreTranslateMessage called wrongly post in this forum). I've narrowed down whats happening a bit now so here are the details... I have a CScrollView derived class which is a child window of a CSplitterWnd. The view has a button on it which when pressed causes the view to be destroyed and a new CScrollView derived class to be created in its place (i.e., the pane changes to a different view when the button is pressed). Everything was working well until I tried to add a PreTranslateMessage virtual function override to the view. The pre-trans...

Customer Level Prices Changing After Additional Items Added to A Sale
Hello Ladies & Gents, Here's something wierd I have come across. If you define price levels for an item and then on the POS select a customer with a corresponding level and ring up that item, the item will show up with the level price and the bold font. However, if you ring up additional items that don't have price levels defined, the the price of the first item goes back to regular and the font changes back to normal! However, if you ring up all your items first and then select the customer, then items with price levels will be adjusted accordingly. Obviously, this is not...

merging Excel worksheets by email
If a person emails his worksheet to me which is set up the exact same way, how do I go about merging it with mine? Please be specific since this is new to me. (Excel2000) Barbara B Copy and Paste? Sorry, can't be more specific without knowing more about the problem. Anders Silv=E9n "bb" <bb@earthlink.net> skrev i meddelandet = news:Gtzob.10145$Px2.5091@newsread4.news.pas.earthlink.net... > If a person emails his worksheet to me which is set up the exact same = way, > how do I go about merging it with mine? Please be specific since this = is > new to me. (...

Reference Guide Suggestions
I would appreciate advice on which MS Publisher book or other teaching reference this group would recommend for learning MS Publisher 2007 as I convert from having previously used MS Publisher 2000. What I have found on Amazon so far is: A CD-Rom teaching the 2007 version - "Mastering Publisher Made Easy v. 2007 through 2000." A book that came out in August by author Elizaeth Eisner Reding titled "MS Pubisher 2007 Illustrated Introductory." "MS Publisher Step by Step" And, the "MS Publisher 2007 for Dummies", due out in December, 2007. None of the stor...

Retrieving current worksheet backgroud picture
It is possible to set it using the Worksheet.SetBackgroundPicture method, but is it possible to find out what the current backgroud picture of a worksheet is? ...

how would i change default user name all excel files
I am doing a learn direct course and had to use the help facility with question; Find out how you would change the default user name for all excel files. If somebody could help please email me on georginacambridg@aol.com Tools|Options|General Tab and modify the "user name" box learner wrote: > > I am doing a learn direct course and had to use the help facility with > question; > Find out how you would change the default user name for all excel files. > If somebody could help please email me on georginacambridg@aol.com -- Dave Peterson ...

internet options change and ie 8
i have ie 8 and have noticed that my internet options icon changes and im wondering what that means. the icon is a globe type image and then for some reason not of my doing (as far as i know) it changes and has a white square in front of the globe and the square has a check mark on it. its probably not a big deal but im just curious what it is doing and what it means. thank you in advance. kf. "kf" <kf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4F1B7252-67A7-4BEF-8BB6-983C8B8C2026@microsoft.com... > i have ie 8 and have noticed that my internet o...

Hide worksheet when moving back to another sheet
Hello, I have a sheet called 'calculations' that I want normally to be hidden. However, there is a button on one of the sheet (called 'inputs') for the users who are interested in detail to unhide it and see it. Sub Reveal() With ThisWorkbook If Worksheets("Calculations").Visible = False Then Worksheets("Calculations").Visible = True Worksheets("Calculations").Activate End If End With End Sub I have managed to get this working by using this forum. Now, I would like to have a code that hides the sheet 'calculations' a...

change dialog title on runtime
Hi All, is anyone know, how can i change mfc dialog during the runtime (not the resource file on offline) Thanks SetWindowText -- Vladimir "Gabi" <Gabi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:92AD60C3-4510-4745-A05C-DC06A9D8E66C@microsoft.com... > Hi All, > is anyone know, how can i change mfc dialog during the runtime (not the > resource file on offline) > > Thanks Hi, thanks for your answer but i might not explain my self well. i want to change only the tiltle of my dialog, nothing more . Thanks "Scherbina Vladimir" wrote: >...

User Class security should roll down changes only
The Class ID in security should work like all other Classes in Great Plains and roll down changes only not overwrite the user settings ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/defaul...

Need program to ask me to save changes when closing
Hi My wife has excel 2003 and she at times closes the program and the file she is working on will close without saving the changes. My machine always asks me if I want to save the changes made. I can not find out how to enable this, please help. My auto save is also not working any ideas. Thank you. Hi see your post in Excel.misc -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany yar wrote: > Hi > > My wife has excel 2003 and she at times closes the program and the > file she is working on will close without saving the changes. > > My machine always asks me if I want to ...

Excluding worksheets from printing
Hi, I currently embed an Excel macro in my spreadsheets which will print the entire workbook (40+ sheets) should the user request it: Private Sub CommandButton2_Click() Dim Sheet As Worksheet Dim lAnswer As Long lAnswer = MsgBox("This report contains " & Sheets.Count & " sheets - Do you want to print them all?", vbYesNo, "Print?") If lAnswer = vbNo Then Exit Sub Else Worksheets.Select Application.Dialogs(xlDialogPrint).Show Sheets("Total").Select End If End Sub However, I have now incorporated several workings sheets that a...

Change events for all controls on a dialog
Is it possible to have a single method that handles all change notifications to text boxes on a dialog? I want to enable the OK button if any text box changes. The application I am porting to MFC has the following code in its dialog handling procedure: switch ( uMessage ) { case WM_COMMAND: // Enable the OK button only when changes are made if ( GET_WM_COMMAND_CMD( wparam, lparam ) == EN_CHANGE ) { Button_Enable( GetDlgItem( hdlg, IDOK ), TRUE ); break; } switch ( GET_WM_COMMAND_ID( wparam, lparam ) ) { // handle other commands } break; .... It seems that in ...

Transferring track-changes
Is it possible to transfer track-change comments from a word document to an excel document? Need to document the track-change comments as a separate document, but don't know how. See the following article that includes a macro that will extract all the track changes to a Word table within a new document, obviously this table can then be copied into Excel. I have used this myself several times and after a few minor cosmetic changes got a good result. http://www.thedoctools.com/index.php?show=mt_trackchanges_extract If you are not used to working with macros, see the helpfu...

Routing and MX record change
We have an existing exchange 2000 server that is being replaced with a exchange 2003 server hosted in a data centre. The current exchange server is accepting mail for domain xyz.xom and we have instructed the users (1000+) that from Monday, they use the new exchange server via OWA to receive/send email as the mx record will be changed to the new server over the weekend. We will then go round over the following week reconfiguring their outlook with the new exchange server and domain, but until then they make do with OWA. The problem is that the mx record will not be changed over the weekend a...

Tracking PO Changes.
Hi, I hope this time I have an answer....I need tracking all changes made to PO, like changes on payment terms, promise date, shipment date, and of course, changes on qty... I need an inquiry or report to view this changes. I know if I print PO, I can see fields that has been changed, but not history, like prior value and actual value... Thanks, -- Evelin. This functionality is not available in Great Plains out of the box. "Ana Evelin Rosa" wrote: > Hi, > > I hope this time I have an answer....I need tracking all changes made to PO, > like changes on payment ...