Creating Templates

Why does excel drop zip code digit(s) when creating labels?
0
gwj248 (1)

gwj, have a look here  http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm

--
Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"gwj248" <gwj248@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Why does excel drop zip code digit(s) when creating labels?

How to create a calendar in cell
I want to be able to insert a calendar into a cell so that the date can be entered from a drop down box type in a list of dates you want in a column anywhere on the sheet click in the cell you want the drop down box click on DATA then Validation Click on allow and select list Click in Source Box and highlight th list of dates you typed in and press enter, it should now all b available in a drop down bo -- scottymellot ----------------------------------------------------------------------- scottymelloty's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=380 Vi...

Creating a rule based on domain
Firstly, I am running Office 2007. I would like to be able to create a rule that would take every incoming email from "everyone@domain.com", and move them to a seperate folder. So if anyone at this domain sends an e-mail to me, it will go to this folder. I tried creating a rule just using "@domain.com" and "domain.com", of course it gave me an error, but it left the rule. It works when i manually run it, but not the automated part when an new e-mail comes in. Does anyone have any ideas how I can do this? Thanks! Scott Christopher <schristopher@struthers-...

Template Wizards in Publisher 2000
Recently the Template Wizards (notably for Letterheadings) has stopped working. On trying to load I get an error message saying Publisher could not complete the operation. I am also unable to update personal information (if I load a previous document with persoanl information and re save I get an out of memory message in resoect od saving personal information). This only recently started and to try and fix I uninstalled Disk 2 of Office then reloaded. At that point Publisher worked Ok but after reinstalling the Office Security updates the same problems reoccurred so I can no longer ope...

A diary/journal/calendar template?
With Onenote 2007 I'm looking for a diary/journal/calendar template. I'd like each page or note to be a date from January 1, 2010 to December 31, 2010. So in the end I'll have 365 pages or notes. I'd like to be able to add text to each dates note or page. I want to be able to enter info/data to any date's page at any time. It's sort of a calendar template with each day of the year in the template ready for text entry. Anyone know of a way to do this in Onenote? I don't want a "things to do" list where items need to be entered o...

creating MDB files for office 95
Hi, When my application was compiled with VS6.0 it created Access 95 MDB files (using CDaoDatabase::Create()) When I moved to VS.NET, the same application created Access 2000 MDB files. I assume that since the mfc dll was changed (mfc42-->mfc71) started to use the new file format. Is it possible that my application will continue to create Access 95 MDB files eventhough it is compiled with VS.NET (and using MFC71.dll)? Thanks, Ram. Hi Ram, Thanks for posting in the community. From your description, I understand that you want to created Access 95 MDB files (using CDaoDatabase::Create(...

Template for tracking insurance premiums
I am trying to create a database, in which I can track monthly insurance premiums and payroll deductions for several insurance plans and many employees. I want to use this information to quickly print out an employees balance or a balance for all employees for one insurance plan as of a specific date. Does anyone use a similiar database or know of where I could find a template? Thanks ...

Access Templates 12-26-07
Each time I try to download a template for ACCESS 07 I get the following message: "SQL Distribution management Objects (SQL-DMO) must be on the machine running microsoft office access" I have uninstalled and reinstalled Office 07, I have recently restored my PC to a time before the first installation of Office 07. No change. All other application work and templates download fine. I have found others with this issue but the only solution has been to rebuild. Not a vailid option. OS--Windows XP with SP2 Productivity--Office 2007 -- Roy Mack-Todd Are you doing a custom, q...

Trouble creating new mailboxes
I needed to set upa new user the other day and Exchange no longer auto-creates the mailbox and email address. In ADUC, I opened the OU, and did New|User... and indicated that they would require and exchange mailbox. This is the procedure that I have always used. I tried manually adding the email address and the mailbox does not get created. I have tried accessing the mailbox with outlook2003 and OWA. Neither worked. What should I be looking for that might have been turned off? Thanks, Steve "Stephen M" wrote: > I needed to set upa new user the other day and Exchange no ...

How to create Automatic Filenames in Excel
I am trying to work out how to get Excel to automatically create the File Name when the Workbook is saved. I want a filename to be create using the contents of a given Cell + the current date/time... Ideally, I want a Macro attached to the sheet which Saves the document. Option Explicit Sub testme03() Dim myFileName As String myFileName = ThisWorkbook.Worksheets("Sheet99").Range("a99").Value _ & "--" & Format(Now, "yyyy_mm_dd__hh_mm_ss") & ".xls" ThisWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:=myFileName End Sub Not much testi...

Template keeps requiring resizing/fitting after data imported
I have a template to re-import text files and the column headings and column sizes keeps adjusting for some of the columns. Is there any way to keep the settings from the template the same once the data is imported ? Any ideas or suggestions ? I'm using Excel 2003 TIA George Your might record your headings and column sizes in a macro. Either create a macro button and call the result from there or call it from worksheet change. The latter requires no effort to update. Depending how your worksheet is used it may give an unacceptable performance hit. -- Steve "George Lewyck...

How do I find a resume template "Career Change/Volunteer Work?
I am looking for a resume template "Career Change with Volunteer Work". Help! Microsoft's Help system has landed you in the wrong newsgroup: this one is for the database program Microsoft Access. Please use the dropdown box (the one that says "Access" by default) to select a more appropriate newsgroup, or search on http://www.google.com. -- Joseph Meehan Dia 's Muire duit "Susen0" <Susen0@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8C230661-D45D-4CA8-B456-D4A186CEED3A@microsoft.com... >I am looking for a resume template "Caree...

Creating multiple Support Dist Groups
HI, I have an Exchange 2003 server. I host multiple domains on this server and want to have a support@domain.com distibution group for each domain. How can this be done? Thanks David Hi if you are working in exchange 2003 native mode you can create "Query-Based Distributed Group" Regards, Shai Netanel "David" wrote: > HI, I have an Exchange 2003 server. I host multiple domains on this server > and want to have a support@domain.com distibution group for each domain. > How can this be done? > > Thanks > David > > > Thanks for the reply...

cannot change format of out of office template
When i try to make a new out of office template i cannot change the message format. When I click on tools - out of office assistent -add rule - reply with template. The message is in plain text format. when we try to change it to rich text or html, it doesnt give an error message but the format still stays in plain text. We have this issue on multiple pc's but not all. I tried to change the default message format and turned using word as editor off/on but i have still the same problem Can somebody help me to solve this issue as i cannot find anything similar on the internet Regards, Wim...

How do I create contact lists?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Power PC Email Client: pop You would think this would be easy enough to figure out on my own, but alas, I cannot find the answer after about 45 min of searching, so here I go..... <br><br>I want to create a list/grouping of 15-20 email addresses so that I can send an email to these 15-20 people simultaneously by simply typing in the list name. Does someone know how to do that? I can do this on Webmail, gmail, and most other email systems but the ability eludes me on Entourage. <br><br>I tried a &a...

Creating a help page opened from dialog
Hi, Are the help pages that are typically opened from dialogs using a "help" button simply additional dialogs with fixed text? If the answer is yes, what resource is typically used in the help dialog to enable the text display? Thanks Typically the answer is No. You would normally create a help files and display that. Create a new MFC Dialog based application and on the Advanced Features section select Context-sensitive help. AliR. "Alexh" <alexh1@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:b7fcee1d-0938-4dad-8282-f73c0d55cc24@j22g2000hsf.googlegroups.com... >...

How to create rule for no name no subject line messages
Hi, I ahve been getting messages with no From and Subject. I certainly do not open tehese mesages. To automate deleting these message how can I create a rule that deletes them? Thank you. Cem See http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/2004/20041018.htm for blank subjects - for blank senders, try From does not contain @ (as long as you don't use an exchange server) - you may need to set it up as an exception, similar to how the blank rule is configured. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual...

Creating an invoice
When trying to create Invoices (Sales) i get the error "you don't have security privileges to open this window. Contact you system administrator for assistance. Is this error known to anyone? Thanks At first blush Bigdaddy, it appears you don't have rights to the window. If so, this isn't an error. Your system administrator needs to grant you rights to the window in security settings. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT East Coast Dynamics Hi Frank. Already defined the right in advanced security for the correct user classes. could it be anything else? "Frank Hamelly,...

Cannot create entity
Hello, We have 2 servers with MS CRM 3.0, one is for Production envoirement the other one is for test envoirement. We made the test envoirement with an database export of the Production envoirement (through redeployment wizard). In both envoirements we had troubles making an Custom Entitiy (the goup System Customizer was deleted). In the test envoirement i made an group with the same name and entered the RoleTemplateId (from RoleTemplateBase) to the RoletemplateId in the RoleBase table. This worked fine for the test envoirement but it didn't work for the production envoirement. The ...

Creating a duplicate workbook without values
I created an inventory management workbook for 2009. I'd like to make one for 2010, complete with all headers and formulas but with the data fields blank. Can I copy the workbook without cell values, or do I have to start all over and create it from scratch? Select the region that you want to copy, go to the new book, right-click then paste-special...look at the options there. Which one suits you? Formulas? Try that and see how you get along. -- Ryan--- If this information was helpful, please indicate this by clicking ''Yes''. "JTG" w...

Create an email that send info on the case activity to customer
I want to know if there is a way (even if it need code) to send an email to the customer when we resolve a case. This email should contain All the activity and the amout of time spent in it the description of the activity the case total time A brief message. From there we make an invoice and the customer can reference to this email for the description. Any suggestion are welcome ...

Create custom button on POS screen that calls sql query
How can i create custom pos button that call's sql query and show the result of query on pos screen or open another screen that resembles pos screen. You may as well write your own executable program, and just launch that program when you click on the custom POS button. "Sam Thakkar" wrote: > How can i create custom pos button that call's sql query and show the result > of query on pos screen or open another screen that resembles pos screen. ...

Where does "Create Return" option on Extras come from?
What causes the "Create Return" option on the Extras>Additional menu of the Sales Transaction Entry screen to appear? I can see (and use) it on my workstation, but I have another user who can't, and I can't figure out what gives access to it. -- Bud Cool, Accounting System Manager HDA, Inc. Hazelwood, MO GP 9.0, SP2 Bud, That comes from the Field Service Module. -- Tim Foster "Bud" wrote: > What causes the "Create Return" option on the Extras>Additional menu of the > Sales Transaction Entry screen to appear? > > I can see ...

Can't Create/Print EPS (2000)
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000A_01C50ABD.C3DC2B50 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Crew, =20 I have a 4 page brochure I created in 1999 when I first came on with my = present company, that turned out to be useful when updated to cover a = current issue in our town...to now be mailed out to the entire community = (10,000 residents.) =20 The commercial printer of course wants an EPS file. =20 I attempted the first stage of this EPS saving process, which is to = install a PostScript...

Can't create count and sum totals at bottom of form
Hello, I'm trying to create some count and sum totals at the bottom of my form, but I keep getting #Name? error. All I'm trying to do is get a sum and count for each type of company and payroll type from the table that my form is bound to Master_Table). In this table I have 470 total records which add to $163,563,76 - I was able to create the Sum and count for these totals amounts, but when I try to be more specific, I run into problems. I have 2 companies (I'll call them acme and xyz) and 2 payroll types (Hourly and Salary). The detail (body) of my form contains all of the 470...

Matching invoice with landed cost-no A/P invoice created
When I use a landed cost with % of extended cost (eg AIR FREIGHT-CAN in Fabrikam), everything works perfectly, except when I match the invoice for the Delivery Vendor (eg MITCHELL00001). It calculates the landed cost correctly, but nothing appears in the Extended Cost field. There's a Distribution to post, but after I post, there's no invoice in A/P to MITCHELL00001. When I use a landed cost of Flat Amount, this works correctly. Why won't it with the % of Extended Cost? ...