Creating new series requires div cell val by itself . How to do t.

I am trying to rebase a time series which requires dividing the first value
in each series by itself. I keep getting circular error messages regardless
of how I format the calculation. Is ther a way around this issue?
0
Texastom (1)

Texas

When you divide a number(and time is a number) by itself you will get 1.

Is that what you want?

You could use a couple of helper columns.

Assume data in column A.

In B1 enter =A1.

In C1 enter  =A1/B1.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 12:35:08 -0800, "Texastom"
<Texastom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I am trying to rebase a time series which requires dividing the first value
>in each series by itself. I keep getting circular error messages regardless
>of how I format the calculation. Is ther a way around this issue?

0
Gord

need cell appeat blank if no data in that row
I have a data in columns, I want data to be shown only if there is data in that row if no data then leave it blank (here is what I am asking for) Stock trade Gain/Loss Gain/Loss all trades abc 4.18% 4.18% def 3.77% 7.95% [no trade] N/A 7.95% [no trade] N/A 7.95% i want trade column to appear blank in cell of gain/loss for all trade instead of showing 7.95%. if no trade made If there is no data but the formula is in column, third line shows 7.95%, 4th line shows 7.95%, 5th line 7.95...

Best wa to Read, Write/Create XML-Files
Hello, I have to solve the following task: - create an editor-application in c# to read, modify and create xml-files - .xsd-schema-file is available and can be used Currently, I am thinking of the following way to do the job: - use xsd.exe to create basic c#-classes from xsd.file (modify these classes according to my particular needs) - read xml-file and create according object-hyrarchie with the classes (READ) - serialize the classes to create xml-file (WRITE) Is this a good way to do the job? Do you have better suggestions? Is it necessary to create static classes from the xsd-file (us...

R4 ds/dsi firmware-drivers de R4 Sdhc. R4 ultra, R4 new, R4 III upgrade, R4 v3
Hola,, aqui teneis una web donde encontre una recopilacion de firmware o drivers de las R4 Sdhc ,R4 Ultra,R4 New, R4 III Upgrade. R4 Dsi, R4 ui. http://www.r4spain.com/tienda Pinchas en el enlace de arriba y en la parte inferior izda haces click en el boton DESCARGAR, aparecera un menu con muchos driver para distintas R4 DS. Espero que os sirva de ayuda. Saludetes Gorka ...

Adding Existing IMAP Account PST to New Profile
I'm trying to add an existing IMAP account to an Exchange Server Profile in Outlook 2007. I've read a ton of search material on the subject, but can't seem to crack the code. I can move the existing IMAP PST data file to the profile, but I can't figure out how to add the account data so that it points at the existing IMAP PST file. If I name the account the same name as the existing file, Outlook says it's a duplicate. If I name the account something else, it opens a new PST. Any suggestions? Thanks! Dennis -- drdean http://forums.slipstick.com ...

create an exe to set up friends email accounts in outlook/oe
Hello, I would like to find a way to create an .exe for my clients that can set up their mail program for an email account that I set up for them. It would be nice to find a little utility that I could plug in the relevant info, and it would spit out an exe that the client could run. Or spit out a .bat? I was thinking about creating an account on my OE, exporting it, then sending it to the client, where they could import it. Not sure if that ..iaf file contains more than just the popserver, names, passwords, etc. That still would mean me explaining something, I'm looking for a no-brai...

Getting a macro to see the next available empty cell
One of my sheets has several identical forms with different data in the cells. There is a button on each form linking that sheet to another. When I press that button it goes to the other sheet and autofill 3 cells from the previous sheet and form. What I need to do, as the new sheet has space for multiple entries, is when I click the button from another form it recognises that data already exists in the 3 cells and automatically fills the next 3 available unprotected cells. I have been at this for weeks and I am unable to find a solution in the help file. Much obliged to any assist...

how to generate a series with a suffix?
I want to generate a series but I can't get to do it well because ther is a suffix at the end of the series. i.e.(what I want) DSA00001S DSA00002S DSA00003S DSA00004S When I try to pull and drag the corner of the boxed information, i comes out with,(Not what i want) DSA00001S DSA00002S DSA00001S DSA00002S How to do it -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Try something like: ="DSA"&TEXT(ROW(),"00000")&"S" and fill down. Once done, you might want to fix the values with Copy and Paste Special. . . Values. -- Andy. "leasaac...

view of folders created
Using winxp, outlook 2002. I have created folders under my inbox to organize emails. When I set up my view I would like it to be the default for all of the folders under my inbox. for example, if i select the field received to be shown i want it to show in all the folders i created by applying this view. What i do now is i have to go to every individual folder and change the view. i have tried define views and apply view, could it be that we have to go into every folder. thanks. ...

Adding a new record with a reference to another table
Not sure if this is a 'Query' question or a database design question but hopefully someone will be able to point me in the right direction. I have a database with 3 tables, Roles, Targets and Actions, defined as follows: tblTargets ========== TargetID (AutoNum, PK) TargetText (Text) tblRoles ======== RoleID (AutoNum, PK) RoleText (Text, unique index) tblActions ========== ActionID (AutoNum, PK) RoleID (Integer) TargetID (Integer) ActionText (Text) TargetID+RoleID = Unique index For each Target there may be several combinations of Roles/Actions. I'd like to be able to crea...

vbscript to display new message icon in taskbar?
I've customised the Outlook settings so that I only want a new message alert when It's from predefined senders otherwise I would be getting around 50 alerts each day (postlists etc...) the outlook filter allows me to play a sound but I'd rather like the good'n old new message icon to be displayed in the taskbar. Anyone know a vbscript to do that? thx ...

Add new record via lookup box for Custom entity
Hi, I have created a new entity(account group) and established its relation with a system entity(account). I have also defined necessary relationships between the two and have included 'account group' lookup box into 'account' form. Now, I want that, while adding new account, if user do not find suitable account group in the lookup window, he should be able to add new group from the same window. How this can be achieved? This feature is there for system entities like account, lead, contact etc. by default. regards... Afraid it's not possible. The lookup dialog h...

OWA-New button doesn't respond
When I try to use the "NEW" button in Outlook Web Access it has no effect. If I use the down arrow (Just right of the button) I can open a new e-mail, contact or appointment. ?? Post this to an Exchange group and specify which version of Exchange you are using. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer Chris <chris@cmscomputer.com> asked: | When I try to use the "NEW...

auto_print still doesn't work
With Powerpoint 2007, in 97-2003 compatibility mode: I downloaded & installed the autoevents add-in by Shyam Pillai (http:// skp.mvps.org/autoevents.htm). Several of the included demo add-ins fire properly (auto_open, auto_close). Auto_print, however, (the one I need) doesn't. Any thoughts what I might be doing wrong? THANKS. Mike, I'll take a look at it later today. I haven't done an update for PPT 2007 so I will what's up with it. Regards, Shyam Pillai "Mike Williams" <mikewill44@gmail.com> wrote in message news:6047b382-adb7-4371...

New Mail Notification #5
Does anyone know how to leave the system tray new mail icon on while having the pop-up new mail off? Sigh, what version of Outlook are you using? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Lance Cornelius asked: | Does anyone know how to leave the system tray new mail | icon on while having the pop-up new mail off? Sigh...Outlook 2000 >-----Original Message----- >Sigh, what versi...

NEW OFFICE DEVELOPER
Hi, I had Microsoft Office XP Developer (2002) with which I could package an Access database for use on a machine that does not have Access installed. I want to know if there is any Microsoft product in the market today that does something like that. Or have they stopped that line of products? -- Glint Each version of Access since Access 2 has had such a capability. In fact, the runtime is now a free download for Access 2007. Tony Toews explains what you're looking for at http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/developereditionfaq.htm -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/Dou...

How do I change the width of an individual cell?
I am trying to adjust the width of an individual cell and all I am able to do is adjust the width of the entire column. Any suggestions? Thank you That is all you can do. Ola "Tabitha" <Tabitha@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i meddelandet news:E138E608-96BB-4888-B886-36598D36E3CF@microsoft.com... >I am trying to adjust the width of an individual cell and all I am able to >do > is adjust the width of the entire column. Any suggestions? > > Thank you You can select two or more cells and merge them (Format>Cells, Alignment tab) However, this can cau...

Creating Mailboxes Error 9554
Windows 2003 Microsoft Exchange 2003 SP1 Windows 2000 Domain When I create a new user in ADUC it doesn't create the mailbox properly. It is like the request is made but something in Exchange is not tripping off. I went to check the event log and found a Error 9554. So I go and check to make sure the permissions were being propogated. The permissions for the user are correctly propogating. The permissions for the users mailbox are not. The only user that the mailbox shows is self. I can go in and alter the permissions to mimic everyone elses mailbox as a quick fix but want to...

Moving Connectors to new server in site
I have a three sites with three exchange servers and in one of those sites, I'm moving everything (connectors, mailboxs, public folders etc) to a new server. I've already moved the mailboxs and public folders, however; now it's time to move my Site Connector and my X.400 connector. What is the best way to move them to a new server? I was thinking that I need to create new connectors all together on the new server and in the other two sites and then delete the old ones. Does that sound right to you? Are there better or different ways to do it? Any feedback greatly appreciated. ...

SSMS Won't Open Database
SSMS gives me the following error message when trying to open a PRODUCTION database: Server user 'abc' is not a valid user in database 'cbcf_new'. (Microsoft SQL Server, Error 916). This statement is correct as I am not trying to open database 'cbcf_new'. I'm trying to open a different database. Why is this happening? frankvfox (frankvfox@discussions.microsoft.com) writes: > SSMS gives me the following error message when trying to open a PRODUCTION > database: > > Server user 'abc' is not a valid user in database 'cbcf...

Cannot refer to values of cells in another worksheet
I have a worksheet named Items. I am trying to refer to the values in another worksheet called Dist (same workbook). The value in the Dist worksheet at F6 = 1906, and the value in Dist worksheet at AO6 = 100. So at Items A1, in the formula box, I type =Concatenate(Dist!F6," ",Dist!AO6) because I want to refer to the numbers as text. But instead of showing me 1906 100 all I see is the formula I typed instead of the formula's value. When I type the same formula in a cell for the Dist worksheet it works fine, but when I change to another worksheet it doesn't work.What am I doi...

Help, can't access the Web administrator
I have installed CRM 1.2, licences assigned, and roles setup (everyone has full control) but no users can open the administration webpage //localhost/ from IE ont the clients or server . I get an error "The system could not log you on. This could be because: you are not a Microsoft CRM user, your user record has been disabled in the system, you have not been assigned any security roles, or you have not been assigned a license. For more information, contact your system administrator. Can some one help I'm stuck Sveta Sveta, at first I would again check these four criterias: - you a...

New user name cannot resolve in address list
I am using all of the wizards to install a new user, configure their computer, etc. When I go to the client computer the setup files execute and complete, however when outlook is opened, the error "cannot match name in address list" is generated? Any ideas? Look in ADU&C and make sure they have Exchange tabs with valid data. Check e-mail addresses to make sure that they've been stamped by the RUS. If they haven't been stamped, then you need to look at why the RUS isn't stamping. Check the application log for any MSExchangeAL related errors. -- Cheers, Steve ...

Create Table after a record is inserted
Hi, I have a table with the name of all my suppliers. Every time I add a new supplier I want a table with a standard structure and name of the spesific supplier to be created. Is it possible to be done? Thank you, Leon So you want a table for every supplier or you want the suppliertable constantly duplicated. I don't think that's following the normalization rules and you might be in a lot of trouble with maintenance on your db. -- Maurice Ausum "Leonidas" wrote: > Hi, > > I have a table with the name of all my suppliers. Every time I add a new > supp...

Creating a MediaPlayer application
Hi, I want to create a Windows Media player kind of application that displays a 5 second clip. The clips are in RGB format. What is the easiest way to do that in VC++. I am new to this language and would really appreciate any kind of help - suggestions, tips, pointers, links to tutorials/samples et al. Hope to hear from someone out there "Rookie" <dominicjoseph@rediffmail.com> wrote in message news:<#lJf6unbEHA.1248@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl>... > Hi, > > I want to create a Windows Media player kind of application that displays a > 5 second clip. The clips ar...

Highlite current/active cell
Excel 2000 I use Edit/Find frequently, but have a hard time seeing the 'found' cell. Is there a way to change the look (background color) used for the active cell? I have come across the "RowLiner" add-in and other fancy solution, but I would just like something simple, like changing the active cell color. Thanks here is a link with directions to highlight the active cell Highlight the Active Cell, by Andrew Siffert http://blog.livedoor.jp/andrewe/archives/50061563.html Warm Regards, Crystal remote programming and training Access Basics 8-part free tutorial that cove...