Creating an email list

I have a column of email addresses, and I want to combine them all into one
cell seperated by commas. I want to make an group email list that I can just
copy into an email without having to enter each individual emaill address.

Say your email list is in column C starting in C1.  In D1 enter "=C1"
without the quotes.  In D2 enter =D1&","&C2.  Drag this formula down as far
as your email list goes.  The last cell will show all the emails.  HTH  Otto

"ILunacy" <ILunacy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have a column of email addresses, and I want to combine them all into
> one
> cell seperated by commas. I want to make an group email list that I can
> just
> copy into an email without having to enter each individual emaill address.

0
Otto
3/5/2010 5:00:49 PM
Hopefully not for all the 500 mentioned in another thread... ;-)
Again..., Assuming your E-Mail list resides in range A1:A10:
Press ALT+[F11] > declare a Module (if doesn't exist) and type the following
UDF:
Function Concat(Rng As Range, Delimiter As String)
    For Each ST In Rng
        If ST <> "" Then S = S & ST & Delimiter
    Next
    Concat = Left(S, Len(S) - Len(Delimiter))
End Function
=Concat(A1:A10,",")
Micky

"ILunacy" wrote:

> I have a column of email addresses, and I want to combine them all into one
> cell seperated by commas. I want to make an group email list that I can just
> copy into an email without having to enter each individual emaill address.

Unable to create email rules! Any suggestions...??
Hi, I would like to create a rule for Outlook 2003 email, but I find no "rules and alerts" option under the "Tools" menu. It is entirely absent, not grayed out. (When I've looked up how to create a rule, it states you click on "rules and alerts" under "Tools") Would appreciate suggestions. Do you have a mail account installed? Are you in the in-box when you look for this option? -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted wi...

How to create 20% off coupon?
Any ideas? HI JHO, the idea is that if you have do not want to keep complete information of customer then create the customer default for coupon as "COUPON customer" and give 20% discount in customer option. Second if you don't wanted to apply this then other option is apply the specific pricing to specific customer i.e. price a,b,c,d and setup the sales prices. Let me know if this help you. "jho" wrote: > Any ideas? ...

why can't I get outlook to send when I'm emailing a webpage?
Hi. When I try to email a webpage to someone, Outlook immediately opens with the email template but it is always missing the send button and there is no option under actions to send it either. What is going on? Thanks!!! If you tell us your Outlook version and Windows version, and exactly what you're doing to send the page, then you'll have a better chance of getting a response. The Internet Explorer version might also be helpful. -- TechieBird http://bwain-dump.blogspot.com "reinadelmar" wrote: > Hi. When I try to email a webpage to someone, Outlook immediately...

produce list automatically from choice of drop down list
I have a drop down column where the choices are say 1 to 100 From the choices listed, I want to create a list automatically from the results so I can set up if formulas against the choices selected. Column A Column B Column C Choice (drop down box) Automatically adds look up selections from column A formula using column B 1 to 100 ...

End user wants to create items in Global Address List
I have an end user who wants to be able to create distribution lists and entries in the global address list. Any idea how I can configure him to do this? Douglas he would have to have Exchange permissions, and that isn't a particularly good idea... "Douglas McIver" <douglas@nospam.com> wrote in message news:OFGd$QhiEHA.1104@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > I have an end user who wants to be able to create distribution lists and > entries in the global address list. Any idea how I can configure him to do > this? > > Douglas > > ...

Excel macro list
In Excel 2003 I used to be able to list all macros in a workbook by pressing Alt+F8. Now all I get is a series of ribbon help letters... What's changed? Is there still a way of accessing macros via Alt+F8? Any suggestions appreciated. Hi, ALT+F8 works for me in E2007. What do you mean by 'I get is a series of ribbon help letters' Mike "pbaker6" wrote: > In Excel 2003 I used to be able to list all macros in a workbook by pressing > Alt+F8. Now all I get is a series of ribbon help letters... What's changed? > Is there still a way of...

Shared/Group Email
I'm coming from having worked with FirstClass as an email and calendar system and had access to a shared group that all members of the organization could both post and read mail items in. Is there a way in Outlook that this can also be done? thanks "Jo-Anne" <Jo-Anne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FEA38DD5-1895-455B-BAA4-0D5FB8DE5D4A@microsoft.com... > I'm coming from having worked with FirstClass as an email and calendar > system > and had access to a shared group that all members of the organization > could > both ...

Data Validation Allow List
Is there a way to click on the resulting combo box and have ALL the list items show up instead of just what seems like the default of about 8--I can scroll, but would like to just point and choose? Also, is there a way to change the font of this combo box? The resulting look like they are about 6 or 8 points. Any help is appreciated. Is this the right forum doug? If you are using a combo box (from the control toolbox) as opposed to a validation list you can change visible rows but not if you use validation Debra has a solution here http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal10.html -- R...

Obtain data from list
I want to get the data from the list on to a cell in worksheet. I have 2 sheets - On Sheet 1 - I have drop downs. Whatever is selected in the list - I want to show that value in a cell on Sheet 2. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks! Hi, I think if you just change the properties of your dropdown so that the linked cell refers to the cell on your other sheet, it should work fine. Right-click on the dropdown and goto properties...Linkedcell. jeff >-----Original Message----- >I want to get the data from the list on to a cell in >worksheet. > >I have 2 sheets -...

Compare 2 Worksheets Create a 3rd depending on results
I have a unique problem that none of the other posts or shareware seems to solve. I have 2 worksheets (orig.xls and new.xls) that are 15 columns wide (to the "O"). The data is just numbers but the second column either has the words: "new" or "cancel" which is important as you will see. I need to compare the two worksheets and create a third worksheet (update.xls) depending on the three possible results: 1) If a row is removed in the new.xls file = copy the row from the orig.xls file and make the 2nd column "Cancel" 2) If a row is added to the new.xls...

Where can I delete an old/incorrect email address?
I'm using Outlook 2003 So I have, say, Sandy in my contacts book. Her email is SW@...... Later her email changes to SAW@...... I make the change in my contacts. But when I'm creating a new email and I start to type "Sandy..." in the TO field, it still finds the old "SW@..." address. Why? How can I delete that old & incorrect address forever? (Without starting from scratch and loosing all my old email?) Thanks Gary use arrow keys to highlight 'bad' address then hit delete btn "jabadoodle" <jabadoodle@yahoo.com> wrote in message n...

Creat a time book
I'm building a semi automated time book in Access. what i want is to be able to give access a two week period prefferably by specifying the beginning and end dates and have access add an entry to a table i'm going to call the 'Time Book' for each person in a personnell table for each day. the best i have been able to come up with is to pack a Macro with 14 queries, each adds one more day to a specified starting point. one of the problems i'm running into is that some of the shifts run over night and Access doesn't calculate the shift end correctly. I wo...

how do I set up my email with outlook
I have just installed outlook but I can send emails form outlook, what do I need to set up and to link to yahoo? tokyo gyoza wrote: > I have just installed outlook but I can send emails form outlook, > what do I need to set up and to link to yahoo? You have to pay Yahoo if you want to use it in Outlook (via POP). ...

How to create a scrollable dialog box ?
Hi I've created a dialog resource (it uses CDialog as the base class) that is longer than the height on the screen (this is for WinCE, but the question still applies to desktop windows). I want the user to be able to scroll down the dialog filling in data in editbox's as they go. How do I get the dialog to be scrollable (i.e. a scroll bar at the right hand side that works as a CScrollView would). In eVC++ (and in VC6 also) there is a box to tick of a vertical scrollbar (in the resource editor) but the scroll bar seems to be disabled at run time. Are there some window messages that ...

Undeliverable email message..._
My ISP migrated to a new smtp server and I had to make the necessary changes to relay my messages correctly. However, when I forward an e-mail or reply to a cashed mail address I receive the following: From: System Administrator Sent: Monday, October 04, 2004 4:26 PM To: email@domain.com Subject: Undeliverable:RE: Message Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: RE: Message Sent: 10/4/2004 4:26 PM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: email@domain.com on 10/4/2004 4:26 PM You do ...

How to paste animation in publisher for an email message
In a MS Publisher document, I have pasted animated bmp & gif files. When I send the doc by MS Outlook email, the animation doesn't work when the message is pulled up. Is there a special way to paste & activate animation in Publisher? This is not an option in Publisher. Publisher automatically changes the animated images to normal images. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Flyboy" <Flyboy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:...

How to create drop down list that determines another drop down list?
Hey all, Here is an example of what I am trying to do. I have a list of ten baseball teams with 20 players on each team. I want to create a drop down box that will allow me to select one of the ten teams and then a second drop down box below the first that will give me the list of the 20 players on the team I have selected in the first box. Then I want to choose that player to enter his statistics. Is this possible? Any help is much appreciated. THANKS in advance, Darren D. Darren You can use the selection from the first pulldown as the defined name for the second selection list Then in t...

outlook 2003 missing emails offline
I am trying to setup a user with an offline folder in outlook 2003. The problem is it does not download all his emails. ON the server it shows he has 200 emails, but in his offline it is only 30. I checked and there is no filters or anything on it. I tried recreating his offline folders and everything, to no avail. Any suggestions? It looks like the emails he is missing are a month or so old, although he has older ones from a few years ago? Did you check to see which folders are set for offline synch? Is this user using Exchange Cached Mode? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post al...

how do I delete documents from the start list in word and excel?
how do I delete documents from the start list in word and excel? You can not clear it whenever you want. You can however set the no of file names to be displayed to 0 which clears the list... In Excel 2003 Tool->Options->General Enter 0 against 'Recently Used File List' of clear the check box. Click 'OK' Word has a similar option. For 2007 versions or if you want to play with Registry Settings (not advised unless you understand it well) see http://www.mydigitallife.info/2008/01/13/how-to-clear-and-delete-recent-documents-list-in-office-2007-word-excel-p...

How do I create custom stationary in Outlook 2003?
-- NYLLisa Does this help: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HP052426651033.aspx ? -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.html Author: The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2007: http://tinyurl.com/ol4law-amazon "nyllisa" <nyllisa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FB11BA76-0EA6-497F-8A6D-8B58B3CA2D45@microsoft.com... > > -- > NYLLisa ...

Creating Accounts under Windows Mail
I'm using Vista sp2 home premium . I just done a restore back to factory setting and I just now down all the Windows Updates . I am trying to create accounts under Windows Mail ... I am able to enter all the correct data for the account , /serve /pop/smtp/password ... Everything is good in that sense of it but once I finish creating account it does not appear within the program ( Windows Mail ) I don't see any folder for it . Is there some sore of setting that I need to correct ? More or less how does one see their email accounts under Windows Mail ? PS : These email ...

Keeping Archive File in Folders List
I have a colleague who placed the Archive file at the top of her list of folders in Outlook so it is easy to open the Archive file and search for a message or appointment if necessary. She can't remember how she managed to do this and I would love to do this myself.Any suggestions? Thank You File-> OPen-> Outlook Data File... and browse to archive.pst -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Joan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft....

Content Boxes not appearing on list forms (newform.aspx)
Morning, FYI: I have posted this question on the sharepoint msdn forums and got directed to the SBS newsgroup, I asked this same question there and have been directed to here, i would be very greatfull if someone could please help. I have many workstations (95% now) now not displaying text boxes/content boxes within sharepoint (2003 SBS version). Any other site will display forms but not sharepoint. This does not seem to effect all machines and seems to have nothing to do with permissions as i have tried with all types of users. I have tried changing all the security settin...

Creating a SOP transaction in TEST Company #2
I am trying to create a SOP transaction, but I keep getting the following error message in the TEST company: A save operation on table 'SOP_HDR_WORK' (45). I have tried restoring the test company from the live, but I still get this error message. I have also run checklinks. Thanks, Craig Craig, Is there a More Info button on the error message? If so, what does it say? What version and service pack of GP? Is this TEST company on the same SQL instance as the live or a different one? -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Flexible Solutions - home of GP Reports http://www.flex-so...

Arrows in Email
When I receive text in some emails, the sentences are preceeded by arrows. Can someone tell me a little information about these arrows, like if I want to send the message to to someone else without arrows, and how do they get there in the first place? Gus Gus GusGus <charlieg@charter.net> wrote: > When I receive text in some emails, the sentences are preceeded by > arrows. Can someone tell me a little information about these arrows, > like if I want to send the message to to someone else without arrows, > and how do they get there in the first place? You are using...