Creating an email list

I have a column of email addresses, and I want to combine them all into one
cell seperated by commas. I want to make an group email list that I can just
copy into an email without having to enter each individual emaill address.

Say your email list is in column C starting in C1.  In D1 enter "=C1"
without the quotes.  In D2 enter =D1&","&C2.  Drag this formula down as far
as your email list goes.  The last cell will show all the emails.  HTH  Otto

"ILunacy" <ILunacy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have a column of email addresses, and I want to combine them all into
> one
> cell seperated by commas. I want to make an group email list that I can
> just
> copy into an email without having to enter each individual emaill address.

0
Otto
3/5/2010 5:00:49 PM
Hopefully not for all the 500 mentioned in another thread... ;-)
Again..., Assuming your E-Mail list resides in range A1:A10:
Press ALT+[F11] > declare a Module (if doesn't exist) and type the following
UDF:
Function Concat(Rng As Range, Delimiter As String)
    For Each ST In Rng
        If ST <> "" Then S = S & ST & Delimiter
    Next
    Concat = Left(S, Len(S) - Len(Delimiter))
End Function
=Concat(A1:A10,",")
Micky

"ILunacy" wrote:

> I have a column of email addresses, and I want to combine them all into one
> cell seperated by commas. I want to make an group email list that I can just
> copy into an email without having to enter each individual emaill address.

receving email size limit
Hi, I have email send/receiving size limit setup for 5mb in exchange 2003 srv - globe setting/message delivery, but I'd like to permit certain users to receive emails > 5mb size, how can I set this up? I tried in user's exchange general setting/delivery restriction, it seems not working... do I have to restart anything after making changes? thanks al -- 007 You must override the global setting in the individual user account. ...

creating a file of particular extension
dear friends, i am using ms access 2003, vb6. i want to create a file of extension ".gms" . how can i do this? also after creating it, i want to run it with default viewer application( default opening application for that particular type extension). how can i do this? thanq There's nothing magic about file extensions: you can use whatever you want. To associate your extension with a specific application, see what Randy Birch has at http://vbnet.mvps.org/code/reg/association.htm -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "r...

Creating Control with multiple comboboxes
Hello, I am using MFC VC6 and I am trying to create an activex control which contains multiple combo boxes but I am at a loss where to start. Does anybody know of a simple sample that could point me in the right direction. Thanks, Shaun Shaun wrote: > > Hello, > > I am using MFC VC6 and I am trying to create an activex control which > contains multiple combo boxes but I am at a loss where to start. Does > anybody know of a simple sample that could point me in the right > direction. > > Thanks, > Shaun The wizard sets up a skeleton ActiveX control project...

HELP with adding email accounts
I have Outlook 2000 and I am trying to add email accounts for my various businesses. I can add one and the other two give me the error message 0x800ccc0d. I run Windows XP and I am on DSL. Can anyone advise? Hi Wendy, WORKAROUND To work around this problem, use one of the following methods, depending on your situation. Method 1: Confirm that your e-mail server settings are correct For information about the correct settings for your e-mail server, contact your Internet service provider (ISP) or system administrator. Note Some ISPs do not permit message routing through another SMTP ser...

junk email has a mind of it's own
Help would be appreciated. Using Outlook from Office 2000. Some mail I want is being diverted stright to the junk mail folder. I get the new mail box, not mail in the inbox and the new mail in junk. In the past this meant that I had accidentally sent an email to junk. I go to the list and delete the entry, but in this case, there is no entry to deleye, but it still is sent to junk. I have had to turn my junk filter off. Any idea where this is located and how to flush it so I can get this mail normally? TIA Phil Phil <flipspam@cospamco.ca> wrote: \> Using Outlook from Office 2...

Moving email folders, accounts, rules etc from Outlook 2003 to 200
Please would you be willing to help me [a raw beginner] to retrieve email folders, the emails in the folders, accounts, rules etc from harddrive with Outlook 2003 and Windows XP, and move them successfully to new laptop with Outlook 2007 [Windows 7]. So far I have 1. searched for all pst files on old harddrive and copied all of them to memory stick using another XP laptop. Could not successfully do with the new laptop due to "access" issues. 2. imported pst files to outlook 2007--contacts folders arrived, calendar arrived, some of inbox, some of deleted, some of sen...

Creating a CUserAuth
I'm working on a Windows service that will update CRM objects from an other application. I'm trying to use a specific CRM account. From my search it appears that just creating a new CUserAuth, passing in the Business Unit guid as the MerchantId and the User guid as the UserId would be sufficient and then I could pass that to my SDK calls. However in doing this I get the following error. "Invalid user auth. The user ID does not match the thread token." Am I correct? Did I miss a step? You can override the credentials used when you authenticate with the following co...

Create New Style in MS Word 2007
Hi I am trying to create a new style in MS Word 2007 that should go after "Heading 3". I am can't use Heading 4 since it is not numbered. So my document has levels 1 1.1 1.1.1 1.1.1.1 << This is the new style I am trying to create. But unfortunately I am not able to find a way to number it and use the "Continue Number from previous list". Also how to add levels to the style. Is there any way to copy Heading 3 and start from there? Thanks in advance. -- kuul13 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ k...

Smart List export to Excel #2
Hi, We are using Dynamics 9.0 and Office 2003. When we try to do a Smart List export to Excel, we keep getting an "Exception_Class_Object_Exception" that references varying object errors, such as 'Cells' or 'Value'; the object errors will change each time we try an export. As a workaround, I've found that closing Excel before doing the export allows the export to complete successfully. However, that solution isn't acceptable, as our Dynamics users would like to be able to work in Excel, doing other tasks, while the export is processing. Does anyone...

Only receiving some of my emails
I had 3 identities in OE (business and personal). I'm not happy with the change to Windows Mail, but I set up the 3 accounts with their own folders just fine and emails were downloaded immediately. (I didn't do any importing yet.) Today I open my email to find only a few new messages dated today, e.g., my personal acct. folder had one new msg., which is unheard of. In the setup, I had checked the box to leave msgs. on server, so I checked my ISP server's webmail to discover that I had 25 new msgs. in my personal email account. Why did only 1 of the 25 msgs. come ...

finding 600 emails in a column
Hi! Thank you for taking the time to read this. I run an internet retail business. We advertise on search engine large and small. I have to make a decision on whether or not one of our smaller ad site is paying off. Basically, the ad site supplies us with a list o POTENTIAL CUSTOMER emails. We send out monthly promotional emails t them. Now i need to track these emails to see if any of them have becom ESTABLISHED CUSTOMERS. So far, I fed information from our main data base of ESTABLISHE CUSTOMERS into EXCELL so all the ESTABLISHED CUSTOMER emails are in on column. But i don't kn...

Delay sending mass emails until the evening?
Hi there, In work, we use Outlook 2003 with Exchange 2003. Is there a way that a user can manually choose to send a mass-email email with a delay? i.e. after hours? For example, we have users who might send an email to 50 people, with a 500kb attachment. Rather than do this in working hours (and slow down our Citrix network), I'd prefer it if they could manually choose for it to be sent in the evening. However, the only way I can figure out how to do this, is to to into the email options and choose to 'not send before' a certain time. However, this keeps the email in q...

How do I get email in Outlook Express on an XP machine into Outlook 2007 on Windows 7 Machine?
The instructions for importing Outlook Express files from another machine assume that Outlook Express can be run on the target machine. I don't believe there is a way to do that on a Windows 2007 machine. So How do I accomplish this? On Fri, 20 Nov 2009 18:03:05 -0800, MikeH <mikeh@somewhere.net> wrote: > The instructions for importing Outlook Express files from another > machine assume that Outlook Express can be run on the target machine. I > don't believe there is a way to do that on a Windows 2007 machine. So > How do I accomplish this? F...

Contacts with 2 or more Email addresses
I have a couple of contacts that have more than one email address. When I send an email, it wants to send it to ALL there email address when I ricght click on a persons contact name and choose create a new mail message. Is there a way to make it default to a certain email address? I have office 2007 on Windows XP delete the addresses you don;'t want to include. The send to contact action doesn't have a way to identify the address you wish to use, so rather than pop up a dialog first, it adds all the addresses so you can choose which address (or send to all). -- Diane Poremsky...

Managing spam emails
Hello, I have recently started using Outlook 2k3 and have a couple of questions about handling spam emails. I know you can just right-click on the Junk folder and delete all the messages inside. But, I like to at least preview the message list in the Junk folder before deleting everything, so that I can make sure that messages I want aren't being misdirected there and deleted by mistake. I know that often, just opening a spam email will activate an invisible "web bug" in web-based email that alerts the spammer that you've opened their message, and then they send you...

Emailing information from a query
I would like to email the information from a query in the body of my email message, Ex. Query Name.emaildates with the following 3 fields id# date due assigned to 0001 05/01/2007 M. Smith 0002 05/02/2007 J. Smith etc Can someone please help. I looked at http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/email/formatted.htm. but that totally confused me. ...

OWA with multiple email addresses
I currently have SBS 2003 w/ Exchange. I have the 2 SMTP domains assigned to the default recipient policy so I can assign the 2nd domain to the people that I choose and remove it from the people that I don't want to have it. Currently, they can log into OWA with their account to check email, but they want to be able to send email from either of the 2 email addresses (just like everyone else in this discussion group). Can I accomplish this by setting up 2 mailboxes for each email address and have them log into OWA using their entire email address as the username? If so, how do I ...

How do I change the elements displayed in the message list
How do I change the elements displayed in the message list. For example, to list "To" or "From" edit the view - to change just one folder, click on the row of field names and choose custom. To make all folders the same see http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/grouping.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips...

Distro List Managed by Users
I would like to create a list that 2 or 3 users have rights to add to and remove names from. The email distro list is comprised of all email addresses of customers that want daily updates from us. I would like this list to either show up in Contacts or the GAL. I am not sure how to do this in Exchange 2003 and I dont even know what kind of info i should be searching for to find this out. THanks. Autodl "Ken Cheney" <digexrules@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:eEtxVmBLGHA.3352@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... >I would like to create a list that 2 or 3 users have rights t...

How do I assign a set of values to a selection from a drop list?
Hi. I am trying to assign a set of values, in separate fields ,to a each selection from a drop-down list in Excel (using data validation). What I am trying to do is very smilar to, say, to selecting a SKU from a list and having the product description, unit price etc. fill into their corresponding fields automatically. For example, I pick SKU "11111" from a drop-down list to fill the SKU field, then, automatically, "5-inch widget" comes up in the product description field and "$5.00" shows up in the unit price field. Please help. Mike Along with the d...

Junk E-mail folder
Is it possible to configure the Junk E-mail folder to automatically and permanently delete items older than 30 days? Thanks. You can use the AutoArchiving to do that. Right click on the folder, choose Properties and go to the AutoArchive tab "Jaycee" <jaycee131973@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%232IGo%238NGHA.2300@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Is it possible to configure the Junk E-mail folder to automatically and > permanently delete items older than 30 days? ...

Sent Email is deleted
After I sent my email they get deleted. I use to see them inside the sent item directory but know I they get deleted after they are sent . Any thing I should change in order to keet the email I sent Thank you for help Go to Tools, then Options. Under the Preferences Tab, click on Email Options. Make sure the 4th check box is checked. "msw" <moataz@warshanna.com> wrote in message news:e58pFrOyDHA.604@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > After I sent my email they get deleted. I use to see them inside the sent > item directory but know I they get deleted after they are sent . ...

Help! Lost all email from inbox
Hi, hoping someone can advise me. Somehow my fingers fumbled when reaching for mouse to open an email and every email in my inbox disappeared. I have outlook 2000 and do have it set to automatically delete when i highlight and press delete key. But in this case, i didnt highlight anything and must have hit some combination of keys and poof - over 100 emails from inbox disappeared. They are not in deleted items folder and many were not even opened yet. tia kate <kate@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi, hoping someone can advise me. Somehow my fingers fumbled when >...

How to create a floating bar chart vertically not horizontally...
Hi, The technique is the same for both column and bar charts, which is to use a stacked chart and remove the formatting from the series used to 'float' your data. See Jon's explanation. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/FloatingColumns.html Cheers Andy Cristina wrote: -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

Outlook Express Imported Email
I've recently imported mail from Outlook express to Outlook 2007. The "From" fied of all the old imported email does not display the email address. It just shows the sends full name. I therefore cannot reply to old email or click on the From field and add the email address to my contacts. Anyone come across this problem before? thanks, "Pryan" <Pryan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8B86DF03-5BC4-40B3-ADE4-F73674833190@microsoft.com... > I've recently imported mail from Outlook express to Outlook 2007. It's be...