creating a worksheet in a worksheet?

Can you select a certain group of rows and columns, then separate tha
from the rest of the worksheet? As if it could make its own littl
worksheet, so I could edit the # of columns and the sizes of thos
columns without it changing the entire worksheet? If so, how do I d
that? thanks

Excel Forum user who thinks "skaskaska >"  suffices as their name,
or even that symbols look okay within name/author field in newsgroups.

No.

Among other things you cannot change the width of
a cell within a column,  the entire column must have
the same width.  The entrie row must have the same
width.

You can address a cell within a range, but I don't think
that matters to you at this point.

If you just want a picture on top of your spreadsheet you
might want to make a copy of your worksheet to mess with
column widths, borders, colors, fontsize etc.   then
select a range of cells and Copy  (ctrl+c) return to your
original sheet and paste as picture.   Shift+Edit, Copy Picture

There are also Text boxes that you can use that would
be on top of the spreadsheet.   Drawing Tool,  Text box,
draw from upper left corner to lower right corner from
where you want the text box to appear.

HTH,

"skaskaska >" <<skaskaska.1aj6ck@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote ...
> Can you select a certain group of rows and columns, then separate that
> from the rest of the worksheet? As if it could make its own little
> worksheet, so I could edit the # of columns and the sizes of those
> columns without it changing the entire worksheet? If so, how do I do
> that? thanks.

0
dmcritchie (2586)

cannot create profiles in win 7 mail 32 bit
I upgraded to WIndows 7 professional 64 bit and still cannot get my MS Office 2003 to work properly. All the programs except Outlook seems to work fine. I am totally unable to open outlook without mail profiles. I click on mail in control panel and I get low memoery or resources too low. That's impossible. I have 4GB RAM and 1GB VRAM. In addition, I noticed to night that while I created a profile for myself as Admin, I do ot have admin permissions EVEN IF I say 'run as admin" If I open my profile, it syas Admin under my name yet shows up as standard user. I...

Compare entries in 2 worksheets and list what does not match
Good Day All; I have 2 Excell works sheets with approx 14000 rows each. What I would like to do is compare both lists and get a 3rd list that shows what entries do not match. Is there a simple way to do ythis in Excel Thanks All Chomp Assuming A1 should equal A1 in the other sheet... =IF(Sheet1!A1=Sheet2!A1,"",Sheet!A1&" does not match "&Sheet2!A1) Auto-Filter for non-blanks. -- Best Regards, Luke M *Remember to click "yes" if this post helped you!* "The Chomp" wrote: > Good Day All; > > I have 2 ...

Creating a table
There's probably an easier way to do it but... I have a series of numbers in column A (150 in all) and a series of letters in column B (22 in all). In total there are 4800 rows. What I am trying to do is create a table with the number down the left hand side and the letters across the top. In each cell within the table I need to count how many times the combination of number/letter appears. Eg: A B C 201 0 2 2 202 3 0 1 203 3 6 4 I tried combining the number/letter into a single text field using the CONCATENATE function then filtering ...

Creating a letter from template
Is it possible in CRM? So far the only way i figured out to use templated is in an email and /KB-article. (And order offcourse) The thing i'm looking for is when selecting a contact, somehow i can make a letter activity and call a template that puts name & adress data etc. After that i should be able to print the letter, to put it in an enveloppe and send it someplace... So far it seems to me this cannot be done, but then again, i'm certainly not a CRM expert... Is it possible? If so, can anyone provide me the actions to be taken step by step ? thanks Kas "_Kas_&...

Somehow I created a Macro in a worksheet.
I created a macro in an Excel worksheet somehow. I didn't try to, it just happened. Now everytime I open that workbook, it asks me if I want to run the macro, disable it, etc. How the hell do I get rid of the macro? It doesn't show up under tools, macros. And it apparently doesn't do anything either because I can disable it and nothing different happens. Who invented this system anyway? Thanks, V When you record a macro, a module is created to store the macro code. There are instructions here for removing the module that is causing the prompt to appear: http://www.c...

Excel ask duplicate NAMES when duplicate a worksheets
I have added a NAME called "Above" where point to the cell just above the current cell. The formula is "=INDIRECT("R[-1]C",)" In some workbook, when I duplicate a worksheets, this name will remain silent and work ok. But in some workbooks, when I first duplicate a worksheets, the same name ABOVE will be duplicate and a new local name (belongs to that new worksheet) will be created. If I further duplicate that new worksheets in to a new worksheets, the third worksheets will be warned that a dupicate NAME is existed and ask whether refer to another name or use a ne...

we do not create seperate http virtual server anymore?
Hi all, Just want to confirm that we do not need to create the seperate http virtual server for FE/BE (backend two node A/P Exchange 2003 cluster), right? I remember I need to create it in Exchange 2000 FE/BE clustering envir. Thanks in advance. On Wed, 2 Aug 2006 11:44:26 -0700, John <John@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi all, > >Just want to confirm that we do not need to create the seperate http virtual >server for FE/BE (backend two node A/P Exchange 2003 cluster), right? I >remember I need to create it in Exchange 2000 FE/BE clustering envir. > >...

Error creating new task
Error .. "Could not complete operation. One or more parameter values are not vaild" ...

create main configuration file for solution.
Hello. How can I create main configuration file for my solution (Win-Form : VS 2008. VB.NET), like a general ini-file. Thanks :) "Mr. X." wrote: > Hello. > How can I create main configuration file for my solution (Win-Form : VS > 2008. VB.NET), like a general ini-file. > It's called an app.config. There is a name space you can use to mainulupate the app.config from a program. I see it on the project source directory (not for solution). I cannot see it on the release directory. Is there any convention to read / write from app.config...

Creating Contacts For Accounts Using...

WdfUsbTargetDeviceCreate creates NULL Control Pipe Handle
Hi, We have a usb composite device which has one mass storage interface and another as a network interface. We are developing a WDF driver (NDIS-USB) for the network interface. Immediately after WdfUsbTargetDeviceCreate if I break into the debugger and examine the newly created device, then I see that the Control Pipe Handle is NULL! Here is the actual output: -------- kd> !WDFUSBDEVICE 0x0000057f`fe5905f8 WDFUSBDEVICE 0000057ffe5905f8 ============================= Config descriptor fffffa80037216b0, device descriptor fffffa8001a6fb58 Control USBD_PIPE_HANDLE 000000000000...

Scroll horizontaly with mouse, create same system used to scroll .
Hi, I think it would be great if mouses adopted a second scroll button, for horizontal scrolling, just like the vertical one .... Indeed, when you work with wide Excel spreadsheets, you can easily scroll down but to scroll from left to right or vice-versa, you have to use the scroll bar or arrows and it's annoying... So, am I a millionnaire yet??? Hi Frederic, > I think it would be great if mouses adopted a second scroll button, for > horizontal scrolling, just like the vertical one .... Indeed, when you work > with wide Excel spreadsheets, you can easily scroll down b...

Create individual files from a row

How do I import data from lotus123 & maintain formulas/worksheets
I am trying to convert several complex Lotus 123 workbooks with formulas into Excel 2003. How do I do this and maintain my formulas and the individual tabs (worksheets). hi, if the lotus file is a wks version or earlier, xl should open it and let you save it as an xl file. if the lotus file is a 123 version or higher, you can open the file in lotus and save it as an xl file. if you don't have lotus, find someone who does. "Ineluctable" wrote: > I am trying to convert several complex Lotus 123 workbooks with formulas into > Excel 2003. How do I do this and maintai...

Can you link 2 worksheets together?
Say i have one worksheet and on my second one I want to reference cells from the first one? is there a formula for that>? To create a simple link: Select a cell in the second worksheet Type an equal sign Select the first sheet Click on the cell that you want to link Press the Enter key. Alesha wrote: > Say i have one worksheet and on my second one I want to reference cells from > the first one? is there a formula for that>? -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

Publisher created webpage
I have created a web page in publisher, and am having a problem uploading it to a hosting site(angelfire). Any tips??? Thanks In the future utilize the webdesign forum at microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign You don't specify your version nor state what the problem is. I'd have to recommend you start by going over my tutorial at www.davidbartosik.com/ppt.htm on uploading to identify if you are following the correct procedures. If afterwards you are having a specific difficulty post as such in the web forum for follow-up. -- David Bartosik - MS MVP for Publisher help: www.davidbar...

Trying to Create a pop-up form
Due to size limitations on my main form, I am trying to create a form that, when I select a button, it pops up like a dialog box with the main form, Frm_Escheat, in the background I've created a qry which is the record source on my pop-up form. In the criteria of the query is: [Forms]![Frm_Escheat]![statecode] where [statecode] is the field from the Master Form. So, my "pop-up" form is activated when I select the button, but my problem is that it just goes to the pop-up form without the main form showing in the background. Thanks for your help. It would probably hel...

Create Excel macro for barcode output
I am looking for suggestions or samples of an Excel macro that will output barcodes that can be printed and then attached onto loan documents. Example: input loan # 555 and print off 20 barcoded labels - each label contains loan number + the document type. hi, you don't need a macro for that. we just got throught barcodeing our part numbers in the ware house and used excel and no macro. bar codes are just another font. excel uses 3 0f 9 barcode font. you can download others off the net. you can format a cell with this font and it will show as barcode on the sheet and numbers in th...