Creating a timer or "stop watch" in excel.

I'm trying to create a timer in an Excel spread sheet. The spread sheet is used for timed tests etc. and I was tryingn to figure out if there is  a way of writing a macro to easliy start and stop time?

0
G1 (145)

Hi
have a look at:
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/datetime.htm
(at the bottom of this site)

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Dan G wrote:
> I'm trying to create a timer in an Excel spread sheet. The spread
> sheet is used for timed tests etc. and I was tryingn to figure out if
> there is  a way of writing a macro to easliy start and stop time?

0
frank.kabel (11126)

Creating a timer or "stop watch" in excel.
I'm trying to create a timer in an Excel spread sheet. The spread sheet is used for timed tests etc. and I was tryingn to figure out if there is a way of writing a macro to easliy start and stop time? Hi have a look at: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/datetime.htm (at the bottom of this site) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Dan G wrote: > I'm trying to create a timer in an Excel spread sheet. The spread > sheet is used for timed tests etc. and I was tryingn to figure out if > there is a way of writing a macro to easliy start and stop time? ...

Time Display in a Stop Watch fromat
Is there a way to format a cell's time in a "stop watch" format, without the date prefix or the AM/PM. Currently (1/1/1900 12:00:00 AM) Suggested (0:00). Any help is greatly appriciated. Thanks. Use a custom format of: hh:mm:ss -- Regards, Dave "Gabe" wrote: > Is there a way to format a cell's time in a "stop watch" format, without the > date prefix or the AM/PM. Currently (1/1/1900 12:00:00 AM) Suggested (0:00). > Any help is greatly appriciated. Thanks. > I am looking to have the formula bar read 0:00 as well. So when I click ...

can excel be a time clock or stop watch?
I have a project that I can't understand. I am tring to create a sign in and out workbook for my volunteers time totals. the volunteers will type in their names and click in and out. I want to make Excel keep track of the time, dates and volunteer names. is this possible? I want excel to also display the date and time on a top sheet. Am I asking to much out of what excel can do? This may be the answer you are looking for: http://office.microsoft.com/training/training.aspx?AssetID=RC060796661033&CTT=6&Origin=RP060796671033 It takes you thru a little traing session that seems t...