Creating a summary sheet

I have a spreadsheet that is about 200 rows down and 60
columns accross.  I want to create a second summary tab
that will pull over only certain columns from
the "detail" sheet.  As I update the detail sheet I want
to also update the summary sheet - so far no problem, but
if I add a new row in the detai sheet - how can I also
add the same row in the summary sheet and only bring over
columns I want on the summary sheet (the columns are not
next to each other)
Paste link does not insert the row in the summary sheet
unless I drag the formulas - which I do not want to do.

Is there a way to do this?
Thanks
0
anonymous (74722)

Patricia

As yOu do not want to use formulas the only way I know of would be
macro.

If you are not familuar with macros post a reply here giving details o
the :
sheet name to be copied from
sheet name to be copied to
which columns is to be copied from and pasted into which columns on th
summary sheet

Is the same row number to be used on the summary sheet the row numbe
that the data was copied from

How do you want the macro to be triggered.

By a button
or
by the contents of a certain column being changed
or
some other metho

Creating Resources as users in Exchange
Could someone please point me in the right direction on how to add resources (conf rooms, projectors, etc.) - that users can book as part of their meetings - in exchange. There is a way to define items as "resources" and when you book a meeting you can include those resources as part of the meeting invite. Please help. ...

DoModal has not yet created objects
Hello, I have set up a dialog, containing just a Dropdown list, and I have a linked list (CTypedPtrList MFC implimentation) and I am trying to dump a name, and associated session number to the list for each item in the list to allow the user to select one from a list. I am doing this using: void AddItem(char* appear, long val) { int index = m_Combi.AddString(appear); m_Combi.SetItemData(index, val); } Inside the dialog class containing the drop down combo, unfortunatly this blows up in my face because the m_Combi has not yet been assigned (???) at this point and its hWnd == 0,...

to create a T like 3 splitter window
I tried to create a T like 3 splitter window, 2 child windows on top, one at bottom, with the following codes, but got exception, what's wrong with that? m_wndSplitter.CreateStatic(this, 2, 1); //In which windows to put the view. m_wndSplitter.CreateView(1, 0, RUNTIME_CLASS(CUsbRevealerView), CSize(100, 100), pContext); m_wndSplitterNext.CreateStatic(&m_wndSplitter, 1, 2, WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE | WS_BORDER, m_wndSplitter.IdFromRowCol(1, 0)); m_wndSplitterNext.CreateView(0,0,RUNTIME_CLASS(CUsbRevealerView),CSize(100, 100),pContext); m_wndSplitterNext.CreateView(0,1,RUNTIME_CLA...

macro to copy columns to sheet
I have got a workbook wiht 10 sheets that I want to make a summary of on a new shteet I need a macro to copy Range B1:C up to where the cells with data ends in the first sheet to the new sheet then go back to the next sheet and copy the same range (the amount of lines can differ)and paste where in the frist sell with no data underneath the first copy paste data Hope I make sense. The sheets has got diferendt names like Floraland, JFK, Franay. Maybe this little macro will get you closer to what you want. Option Explicit Sub testme() Dim mySelectedSheets As Sheets Dim wks As Wo...

Cascading style sheets in CRM 3.0's email creator
When I cut/paste from design view in an html editor like Frontpage 2003 into CRM 3.0's email interface CRM picks up the text, pictures just fine, BUT it doesn't pick up the CSS....instead it just applies the default CRM 3.0 email font type/size. Is this just a limitation of CRM 3.0 since it does not actually have an integrated raw html editor? ...

How do I create a hyperlink to a playlist in powerpoint 2007?
I want to make a program seamless and really want to create a hyperlink to a playlist I have created. Is that possible? I can link one song... but how to grab a playlist??? Thanks. Are you talking about a 'playlist' in a piece of music software ? (eg. itunes or windows media player) or a playlist in powerpoint (.lst file) cheers TAJ Simmons PowerPoint Master http://www.awesomebackgrounds.com awesome - powerpoint templates, powerpoint backgrounds, free samples, ppt tutorials... "MMc" <MMc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FB2790A9-63...

XML Creating nodes

How do I create a watermark on an excel work sheet?
How can I create a watermark on a n excel work sheet and also change the background color? Thank you, Sue See your other thread -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "sue" <sue@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:387D92C2-8F29-4346-AFC9-2F52073C42ED@microsoft.com... > How can I create a watermark on a n excel work sheet and also change the > background color? > Thank you, > Sue ...

Euro currency error while creating Landed Cost
Hi Everyone, When i try to create a landed cost i recieve the following error message: "The euro currency ID must be assigned to all items in inventory before you can convert the functioanl currency to euro." we do not have eruo enabled in our company also we do not have eruo currency defined out our multicurrency setup. any ideas ? Regards Ashfaq Ali ...

Can't create a new or reply message in 2007
I am having a serious problem. I just got a new computer at work and our IT person put on the new Microsoft Office 2007. My Outlook 2007 is the only thing that is giving me problems. Any time I click "New" to write an email I can an error message in the bottom right hand corner of my screen that says: "Could not complete the operation. One or more parameter values are not valid." and the message screen doesn't pop up. I can receive email, but I can't get to create a message, even when I hit reply to an email the same error message comes up. Any help is greatl...

Money 2006 bills summary
I am using Money 2006 on a Vista machine. The "Current Balance" and "After Balance" are not displayed on the bills summary page. I also can't record more than one transaction at a time from the bills summary page. Any suggestions? On Thu, 26 Jul 2007 22:03:11 -0600, "Toni" <ethome@ptsi.net> wrote: >I am using Money 2006 on a Vista machine. The "Current Balance" and "After >Balance" are not displayed on the bills summary page. I can't help you with that. >I also can't record more than one transaction ...

creating a shortcut in module
Hi All, right now i use this simple module to "save_as" Sub Save_As_FileName() FName1 = Range("d2").Value FName2 = Range("d3").Value FName3 = Range("d5").Value Pth = "LOCATION" ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:=Pth & FName1 & FName2 & FName3 ".xls", _ FileFormat:=xlNormal, CreateBackup:=False End Sub is there a way i can have this module create a short cut in anothe directory at the same time -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Here's a very simple routine based upon an idea from John Green that can...

how to create a dynamic descending list of months & years
I'm trying to create a spreadsheet whereby in cell A1 I enter in any given Month and Year ("January 2005", formatted as a date), and in cells B1:J1 the previous months and years show up (December 2004; November 2004; October 2004; etc....) If I type in "April 1985", the adjacent cells would read "March 1985; February 1985; January 1985; December 1984; etc... I've thought of a couple laboriuos, crude, potentially faulty ways of doing this, but it seems like there should be an eloquent solution. Very much appreciated!!! Marika :) Can you put the followi...

Hiding "Create Quick Campaign" button
Hi, Can anybody help me on hiding the button in Account entity. I want to hide "Create quick Campaign" button in Account Record. Thank You Vinod Hi VP, Through scripts it is possible to hide the button. Write the following code in the onload event of the account form. document.all.<controlname>.style.display = "none"; where controlname is the name of Create Quick Campaign button on the CRM form. To find the name of the control press Ctrl + N on the account form. This will open the account form in another IE window with menu. Click view source to open the h...

How to create a formula with multiple contraints and answers
Please help! :) I need a formula that basically says this: If cell C7 is less than 80%, then C8 equals 0% If cell C7 is greater than or equal to 80%, but less than 90%, then C8 equals 75% If cell C7 is greater than or equal to 90%, but less than 100%, then C8 equals 85% If cell C7 is greater than or equal to 100%, but less than 125%, then C8 equals 100% If cell C7 is greater than or equal to 125%, then C8 equals 140% Any help would be appreciated! One way: =IF(C7>=125%,140%,IF(C7>=100%,100%,IF(C7>=90%,85%,IF(C7>=80%,75%,0)))) Regards Trevor "torky1" <torky1@...

i need need a grade sheet for average several assignments.
i NEED TO CREATE A GRADE SHEET THAT HAS SEVERAL ASSIGNMENTS. EACH REPRESENTS A %-AGE OF THE AVERAGE 4.0 GRADE FOR THE COURSE. THANKS FOR HELP. NEED VERY SOON. See: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/CT063455541033.aspx -- Gary''s Student "GANDALF" wrote: > i NEED TO CREATE A GRADE SHEET THAT HAS SEVERAL ASSIGNMENTS. EACH REPRESENTS > A %-AGE OF THE AVERAGE 4.0 GRADE FOR THE COURSE. THANKS FOR HELP. NEED VERY > SOON. ...

Email created with Publisher is distorted when previewed and sent
Used email template for announcing speaker/event. Both preview screen and recipient's email show same distortion. Break in text lines that coincide with vertical margin of template boxes for Date and Time. ...

can you create a break in the chart scale
Is possible to change the scale of the chart to reflect a large range of data ie creat a break in the scale? I have a data set that consists of variables ranging from 25 to 0.1, there are roughly three variables that are in between 20 - 25 and the remainder are (25) are in the range of 0.1 to 1. As such, when I graph this data in a regular bar chart I can only see the three variables that are between 20 - 25 as the scale does not allow me to the lower valued variables. In regards to this problem I would like to break the scale so it would ready, 0.2, 0.2,0.3 ....1, 5, 10, 15, 20, 25. If y...

Create an item price level as a percent markup of another price le
Is there a utility to create an item price level (for all items) that is a percent markup of another price level. We have created a "DEFAULT" price level with a Price Method of Currency Amount. Now we wish to create another price level that is a 10% price markup of the "DEFAULT" price. Thanks, Glen Hi Glen- The standard functionality in GP does not allow this. What I would suggest is using the percent of list price pricing method instead. Then put in your standard price in the list price field, then set up price levels as 100%, 110%, etc.... Another option would b...

Creating Standard Deviation plot
Hi, It may be something obvious but I haven't been able to figure out how to produce a regular bell curve plot based on the values in a column containing the ages in years of about 400 people. Thanks for any help you can provide, Steve. I should have mentioned that I am using Excel 2002 "Steve" <abc@123.com> wrote in message news:#A2LRPT1DHA.1660@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > It may be something obvious but I haven't been able to figure out how to > produce a regular bell curve plot based on the values in a column containing > the ages in year...

creating a design set/ template
I have created a business card in publisher 2003 and would now like to use the card as a base for other publications such as letterhead, receipts, web site, etc. I have saved the card as a template, but cannot change it to a letterhead, etc. Any help is much appreciated. You'll have to copy/paste the design you created to your other publications. You can save each as a separate template. A template stays a template, you cannot overwrite it. You can open the template; edit the objects and save with a new name. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Mayan Rey" <MayanR...

print 1 paper from 2 sheets
How can i print the range a1:m10 from sheet 1 AND a11:r10 from sheet 2 on ONE piece of paper ? Anybody knows a solution ? ---------------------------------------- Mijn Postvak In wordt beschermd door SPAMfighter 203 spam-mails zijn er tot op heden geblokkeerd. Download de gratis www.SPAMfighter.com vandaag nog! Create a new sheet. Copy A1:M10 of Sheet1 to that new sheet Copy A11:R10 of sheet 2 to that new sheet Print from there. If you have to do this lots of times, you can select A1:M10 edit|copy to the new sheet shift-edit|paste picture link And the same with A11:R10. By using paste ...

Best format to share Publisher Created Documents
I have created publisher documents and need to share them so others can print them from their e-mail. What is the best format to do this? pdf, jpeg and how do I convert them? I am running Publisher 2000 and neither of these are options in my Save as drop down. Thanks--Susan Susan R wrote: > I have created publisher documents and need to share them so others > can print them from their e-mail. What is the best format to do > this? pdf, jpeg and how do I convert them? I am running Publisher > 2000 and neither of these are options in my Save as drop down. > Thanks--Susan ...

Create ability to reconcile GL to PA
It would be nice to create a single report to reconcile projects to general ledger, similiar to what there is now in version 10 for accounts receivables and payables. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/...

Printing options for all sheets in a workbook?
One of the most painful things in Excel (2003) is that you have to set up the printing options (margins, header, footer, scale etc.) for all sheets in a workbook individually. Is there a hidden option somewhere that says "apply print options to all sheets in workbook"? cheers Bill You can group sheets together by right-clicking on a sheet tab and selecting Group all sheets. Then whatever you do to one sheet will apply to all sheets. So, if you set your print options (headers, footers, margins etc) in this mode then all sheets will take on those options. Remember to ungroup t...