Creating a summary Page

I am a surveyor and am currently working out quantities of pipework etc.

I have an electronic take off sheet that works out the various lengths and
depths and sizes of pipe. I am trying to create a summary page for this.
There are several different pipe sizes from 150, 200, 225, 250 etc.

But i need to summarise these to various lengths and pipe sizes into depth
ranges. So say for every length of 150 pipe at 1m to 1.5m in depth i need it
to sum up the total length on a separate sheet within the same workbook.

I have played about wth array formulas etc but with little success

Can anyone help?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thankyou
Grant

Newbie81

Grant,

If i understand your question right, is your problem that you have several
lenght's of pipe's. And you want to know what the total size is of the used
pipes per pipe size.

I think that you can resolve this by using the formula (a) sumif()  or (b)
countif() and multiply this with the size per pipe.

Example (a)
=Sumif(Range where you see the used size;the size u want to summarize;range
which can summarize)

Example (b)
=Countif(Range where you see the used size;the size u want to
summarize;range which can summarize)*1,50 or b1, etc

Good luck and if this doesn't solve your problem I'll read it here.

Greetings

Stefan

"Newbie81 via OfficeKB.com" wrote:

> I am a surveyor and am currently working out quantities of pipework etc.
>
> I have an electronic take off sheet that works out the various lengths and
> depths and sizes of pipe. I am trying to create a summary page for this.
> There are several different pipe sizes from 150, 200, 225, 250 etc.
>
> But i need to summarise these to various lengths and pipe sizes into depth
> ranges. So say for every length of 150 pipe at 1m to 1.5m in depth i need it
> to sum up the total length on a separate sheet within the same workbook.
>
> I have played about wth array formulas etc but with little success
>
> Can anyone help?
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated
>
> Thankyou
> Grant

Stefan1 (43)
1/5/2006 5:24:02 PM
The trouble is that there is a third argument to the formula i need to add in
and that is the depth range.

The average depth of each pipe is calculated and needs to be summarised not
only in size of pipe but also by the depth range it falls into. I need it to
look something like this:
                                        Depth Ranges
Size of pipe        1.0 - 1.5       1.5 - 2.0     2.0 - 2.5
150                       Length?      Length?     Length?
200                       Length?      Length?     Length?

I have tried various formulas the one below is the best so far. Trouble is it
picks up all of the lengths at every depth range
{=SUM(IF(('Foul runs'!$E$6:$E$100>1)+('Foul runs'!$E$6:$E$100<1.5),'Foul
runs'!U$6:U$100))}

On the foul runs page i have got it to split out the various sizes into
different columns using an 'IF' formula ( Would be better if i could
incorperate this in the summary formula). So basically i need to add an
argument that says If the pipe is deeper then 1 but not deeper then 1.5 then
sum the length.

Can you help?

Thanks Grant
Stefan wrote:
>Grant,
>
>If i understand your question right, is your problem that you have several
>lenght's of pipe's. And you want to know what the total size is of the used
>pipes per pipe size.
>
>I think that you can resolve this by using the formula (a) sumif()  or (b)
>countif() and multiply this with the size per pipe.
>
>Example (a)
>=Sumif(Range where you see the used size;the size u want to summarize;range
>which can summarize)
>
>Example (b)
>=Countif(Range where you see the used size;the size u want to
>summarize;range which can summarize)*1,50 or b1, etc
>
>Good luck and if this doesn't solve your problem I'll read it here.
>
>Greetings
>
>Stefan
>
>> I am a surveyor and am currently working out quantities of pipework etc.
>>
>[quoted text clipped - 14 lines]
>> Thankyou
>> Grant

Newbie81
1/6/2006 7:40:04 AM
Hi grant,

I have a solution for you.
Your problem can be resolved by using the following format:

Worksheet Foul runs
A                B                  C                    ===> Columns,
vertical the rows ;-)
length	size	Length & size
 1,25 	 150 	 1.501,25 (formula: =value(B2&A2)
 1,25 	 150 	 1.501,25
 1,30 	 150 	 1.501,30
 1,65 	 150 	 1.501,65
 1,70 	 150 	 1.501,70
 1,25 	 200 	 2.001,25
 1,40 	 200 	 2.001,40
 1,65 	 200 	 2.001,65
 1,65 	 200 	 2.001,65
 1,80 	 200 	 2.001,80
14,90

Explanation formula
I need to combine the numbers for making the formula.
Because the format of the numbers is text when you use the & function, I had
to make it values by the function value.

Worksheet summary:

A                 B              C                             D
   E             F ==> Columns
	 1,00 	 1,50 		 1,50 	 2,00 	 Total
 150 	 3,80 			 3,35 		 7,15
 200 	 2,65 			 5,10 		 7,75
						 14,90

I have merge the cells B2&C2 by cell properties. I did this als for B3&C3,
D2&E2, etc.
I did this, because in mine formula I am going to use the headers of this
summary (rows and colums).
The Formula for cel B2 (merged cell b2&c2) is as followed)

=SOM.IF('Foul Runs'!$C$2:$C$11;">"&VALUE($A4&B$3);'Foul
Runs'!$A$2:$A$11)-SOM.IF('Foul Runs'!$C$2:$C$11;">"&VALUE($A4&C$3);'Foul
Runs'!$A$2:$A$11)

This formula can you copy into the summary thanks to the $-sign.
But I'll explain the formula also.

In this formula I say:
Check if column C > 1501 (formula VALUE($A4&B$3));than take the sum of all
value which are bigger - (minus) check if column C >1501,50; than take the
sum of all value which are bigger.

If you need more explanation I'll read it on the site.
Good luck

Stefan

"Newbie81 via OfficeKB.com" wrote:

> The trouble is that there is a third argument to the formula i need to add in
> and that is the depth range.
>
> The average depth of each pipe is calculated and needs to be summarised not
> only in size of pipe but also by the depth range it falls into. I need it to
> look something like this:
>                                         Depth Ranges
> Size of pipe        1.0 - 1.5       1.5 - 2.0     2.0 - 2.5
> 150                       Length?      Length?     Length?
> 200                       Length?      Length?     Length?
>
> I have tried various formulas the one below is the best so far. Trouble is it
> picks up all of the lengths at every depth range
> {=SUM(IF(('Foul runs'!$E$6:$E$100>1)+('Foul runs'!$E$6:$E$100<1.5),'Foul
> runs'!U$6:U$100))}
>
> On the foul runs page i have got it to split out the various sizes into
> different columns using an 'IF' formula ( Would be better if i could
> incorperate this in the summary formula). So basically i need to add an
> argument that says If the pipe is deeper then 1 but not deeper then 1.5 then
> sum the length.
>
> Can you help?
>
> Thanks Grant
> Stefan wrote:
> >Grant,
> >
> >If i understand your question right, is your problem that you have several
> >lenght's of pipe's. And you want to know what the total size is of the used
> >pipes per pipe size.
> >
> >I think that you can resolve this by using the formula (a) sumif()  or (b)
> >countif() and multiply this with the size per pipe.
> >
> >Example (a)
> >=Sumif(Range where you see the used size;the size u want to summarize;range
> >which can summarize)
> >
> >Example (b)
> >=Countif(Range where you see the used size;the size u want to
> >summarize;range which can summarize)*1,50 or b1, etc
> >
> >Good luck and if this doesn't solve your problem I'll read it here.
> >
> >Greetings
> >
> >Stefan
> >
> >> I am a surveyor and am currently working out quantities of pipework etc.
> >>
> >[quoted text clipped - 14 lines]
> >> Thankyou
> >> Grant

Stefan1 (43)
1/6/2006 11:53:02 AM
som = sum

"Stefan" wrote:

> [...]
> > sum the length.
> >
> > Can you help?
> >
> > Thanks Grant
> > Stefan wrote:
> > >Grant,
> > >
> > >If i understand your question right, is your problem that you have several
> > >lenght's of pipe's. And you want to know what the total size is of the used
> > >pipes per pipe size.
> > >
> > >I think that you can resolve this by using the formula (a) sumif()  or (b)
> > >countif() and multiply this with the size per pipe.
> > >
> > >Example (a)
> > >=Sumif(Range where you see the used size;the size u want to summarize;range
> > >which can summarize)
> > >
> > >Example (b)
> > >=Countif(Range where you see the used size;the size u want to
> > >summarize;range which can summarize)*1,50 or b1, etc
> > >
> > >Good luck and if this doesn't solve your problem I'll read it here.

Stefan1 (43)

cannot create profiles in win 7 mail 32 bit
I upgraded to WIndows 7 professional 64 bit and still cannot get my MS Office 2003 to work properly. All the programs except Outlook seems to work fine. I am totally unable to open outlook without mail profiles. I click on mail in control panel and I get low memoery or resources too low. That's impossible. I have 4GB RAM and 1GB VRAM. In addition, I noticed to night that while I created a profile for myself as Admin, I do ot have admin permissions EVEN IF I say 'run as admin" If I open my profile, it syas Admin under my name yet shows up as standard user. I...

Creating a table
There's probably an easier way to do it but... I have a series of numbers in column A (150 in all) and a series of letters in column B (22 in all). In total there are 4800 rows. What I am trying to do is create a table with the number down the left hand side and the letters across the top. In each cell within the table I need to count how many times the combination of number/letter appears. Eg: A B C 201 0 2 2 202 3 0 1 203 3 6 4 I tried combining the number/letter into a single text field using the CONCATENATE function then filtering ...

Creating a letter from template
Is it possible in CRM? So far the only way i figured out to use templated is in an email and /KB-article. (And order offcourse) The thing i'm looking for is when selecting a contact, somehow i can make a letter activity and call a template that puts name & adress data etc. After that i should be able to print the letter, to put it in an enveloppe and send it someplace... So far it seems to me this cannot be done, but then again, i'm certainly not a CRM expert... Is it possible? If so, can anyone provide me the actions to be taken step by step ? thanks Kas "_Kas_&...

Somehow I created a Macro in a worksheet.
I created a macro in an Excel worksheet somehow. I didn't try to, it just happened. Now everytime I open that workbook, it asks me if I want to run the macro, disable it, etc. How the hell do I get rid of the macro? It doesn't show up under tools, macros. And it apparently doesn't do anything either because I can disable it and nothing different happens. Who invented this system anyway? Thanks, V When you record a macro, a module is created to store the macro code. There are instructions here for removing the module that is causing the prompt to appear: http://www.c...

Menu Page
I'd like to make a menu page with buttons to jump between spreadsheets of a workbook. I will turn off the tabs at the bottom in order to do this, but I'm looking for code for my menu buttons to flip to each spreadsheet. Also to return to the menu from a specific spreadsheet, I'd like to use a right click to jump back to the menu. Can someone help me with this. I'm used to programming in MS Access, so programming in MS Excel is a new venture for me. Thanks, PC How about an alternative... Create that index worksheet and put hyperlinks to A1 of each sheet. And then put a hyp...

we do not create seperate http virtual server anymore?
Hi all, Just want to confirm that we do not need to create the seperate http virtual server for FE/BE (backend two node A/P Exchange 2003 cluster), right? I remember I need to create it in Exchange 2000 FE/BE clustering envir. Thanks in advance. On Wed, 2 Aug 2006 11:44:26 -0700, John <John@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi all, > >Just want to confirm that we do not need to create the seperate http virtual >server for FE/BE (backend two node A/P Exchange 2003 cluster), right? I >remember I need to create it in Exchange 2000 FE/BE clustering envir. > >...

Error creating new task
Error .. "Could not complete operation. One or more parameter values are not vaild" ...

View as web page in OWA
in OWA 2002, i remember there is a feature "View as web page" on the right side of the email. in OWA 2003, after open the received email, such feature no longer there. Anyway to enable this feature? ...

create main configuration file for solution.
Hello. How can I create main configuration file for my solution (Win-Form : VS 2008. VB.NET), like a general ini-file. Thanks :) "Mr. X." wrote: > Hello. > How can I create main configuration file for my solution (Win-Form : VS > 2008. VB.NET), like a general ini-file. > It's called an app.config. There is a name space you can use to mainulupate the app.config from a program. I see it on the project source directory (not for solution). I cannot see it on the release directory. Is there any convention to read / write from app.config...

Creating Contacts For Accounts Using...

WdfUsbTargetDeviceCreate creates NULL Control Pipe Handle
Hi, We have a usb composite device which has one mass storage interface and another as a network interface. We are developing a WDF driver (NDIS-USB) for the network interface. Immediately after WdfUsbTargetDeviceCreate if I break into the debugger and examine the newly created device, then I see that the Control Pipe Handle is NULL! Here is the actual output: -------- kd> !WDFUSBDEVICE 0x0000057f`fe5905f8 WDFUSBDEVICE 0000057ffe5905f8 ============================= Config descriptor fffffa80037216b0, device descriptor fffffa8001a6fb58 Control USBD_PIPE_HANDLE 000000000000...

Scroll horizontaly with mouse, create same system used to scroll .
Hi, I think it would be great if mouses adopted a second scroll button, for horizontal scrolling, just like the vertical one .... Indeed, when you work with wide Excel spreadsheets, you can easily scroll down but to scroll from left to right or vice-versa, you have to use the scroll bar or arrows and it's annoying... So, am I a millionnaire yet??? Hi Frederic, > I think it would be great if mouses adopted a second scroll button, for > horizontal scrolling, just like the vertical one .... Indeed, when you work > with wide Excel spreadsheets, you can easily scroll down b...

How do I print only odd pages in Publisher and then only even page
I am attempting duplex printing with a printer that is unable to do duplex printing by printing odd pages first and then flipping the pages over and printing only even pages. No option is given that I can find in the print window. Help! Sarah Wright wrote: > I am attempting duplex printing with a printer that is unable to do > duplex printing by printing odd pages first and then flipping the > pages over and printing only even pages. > > No option is given that I can find in the print window. > > Help! The duplex printing add-in can be found here (http://publisherm...

Create individual files from a row

Add a blank page separator
How do I add a blank page automatically as a separator after every 15 pages when printing a document of 250 pages? Use a macro containing the following code to print the document: Dim i As Long Dim blank As Document For i = 1 To 240 Step 15 ActiveDocument.PrintOut Range:=wdPrintFromTo, From:=i, To:=i + 15 Set blank = Documents.Add With blank .PrintOut .Close wdDoNotSaveChanges End With Next i -- Hope this helps, Doug Robbins - Word MVP Please reply only to the newsgroups unless you wish to obtain my services on a paid professio...

Detect page change in PropertySheet?
Hi, I have a property sheet that is the parent of several property pages. If the user clicks a tab to change to another page, is there a way I can detect this (and possibly prevent the change) in the PropertySheet dialog? Does windows/MFC send any kind of message to the PropertySheet dialog? I looked at all of the over-rides and WM_ message, but cannot see anything. Thanks! Not directly. You can catch that in the CPropertyPage and relay the message to the CPropertySheet. (I know you are asking, why doesn't the CPropertySheet get the notificatio first? who knows!) AliR. "...

Force a page break in code
I need to force a page break in the Detail_OnFormat Event when a value changes. How do I do that? Thanks, Bill Bill wrote: > I need to force a page break in the Detail_OnFormat > Event when a value changes. How do I do that? > > Thanks, > Bill Insert a PageBreak control from the ToolBox bar at the desired location. Even though such a control is never "visible" other than in design view they do still have a Visible property. That property effectively turns on and off the PageBreak so you can minipulate that in your code. -- Rick Brandt, Microsoft Access MVP...

Publisher created webpage
I have created a web page in publisher, and am having a problem uploading it to a hosting site(angelfire). Any tips??? Thanks In the future utilize the webdesign forum at microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign You don't specify your version nor state what the problem is. I'd have to recommend you start by going over my tutorial at www.davidbartosik.com/ppt.htm on uploading to identify if you are following the correct procedures. If afterwards you are having a specific difficulty post as such in the web forum for follow-up. -- David Bartosik - MS MVP for Publisher help: www.davidbar...