Creating a Macro to Delete Commas #2

I have an excel file that the size will varry. I need a macro that will
check all the fields for a comma. If there is one I would like to get
rid of it. Does anyone have any idea how to do this? I have no idea and
I have been assigned this task.

Help

---

No macro required.

ctrl-H for find/replace. find , replace nothing (leave the
replace field blank). You can of course record that within
a macro if you wish.

Drabbacs

0
anonymous (74722)
2/18/2004 10:50:09 PM
Make sure this is what you want and start with a copy of
the original.

Select the data area then choose Edit->Replace. In
the "Find what:" put your comma and then click on the
Replace All button. When you have the steps down exactly,
you can record a macro (like running a VCR - record, stop,
play) and then do it whenever you wish.

Excel Support Technician
www.canhelpyou.com
-----------
Every member of the CanHelpYou team holds at least a
Microsoft Level 1 Excel certification.  In addition, we
have experts in PowerPoint, Word and other products such
as IIS, SQL Server 2000, network connectivity.

0
anonymous (74722)

Killer macro idea for business mailings
One of you programmers should write a macro to validate a city from zip code. I receive excel files from response cards and a lot of people will put some random letters for their city instead of the actual city name, or maybe they'll put the wrong abrieviation for their state. It would be awesome if all the zipcodes could validate the state field and change if necessary and the same for the city fields too. Okay, have at it :) Okay, well good idea I think anyways, but it turns out that my columns just weren't wide enough so it didn't display more then 2 letters. ...

How do I create a sample in Excel?

Delete dead mailbox from active directory
We have four exchange servers - two E2K and two E2k3. One of the E2k server just died due to corrupt array control. We had no mailboxes or anything else on that server. One of our administrator must have created one mailbox on that server by mistake and he never realized that until now. server died and we deleted that mailbox from active directory but, when i try to remove the server from system manager i get message saying can't remove because there are mailboxes associated with this information store. Is there any other way i can remove that server from active directory or s...

Formatting a subtotal line with a macro

How do you delete an Assembly Item?
I have an assembly item code, and I want to delete it to make it inactive. I cannot find any help on this, nor can I actually FIND the assembly item. Please help!! This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0461_01C6F844.55DE89B0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Nutribodies, You can't make an Assembly inactive as its not really an item, just a = reference to a group of items. You can delete it though. One way of finding items is by their Item type. Click on the Item Type = column header and th...

Can you delete Business Alerts?

VB Macro #2

VCR to DVD Part 2

set print area #2

OEM publisher 2002 Sp1-2

Macros not performing correctly
I recorded a macro to place a vlookup formula in four cells that are side by side. When I run the macro it only performs the first task, it does not go on to do the other three. I used the tab key to go to the next cell while recording the macro, I don't know if that's why it's not working or if it's something else. The script looks like this: Sub EERates() ' ' EERates Macro ' Macro recorded 3/4/2005 by BCBSOK ' ' ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "=VLOOKUP(RC[-2],Sheet1!R3C1:R102C2,2,0)" Range("F15").Select ActiveCell.FormulaR1C...

Creating Exchange 2003 organization

How can I print on 8 1/2"x17" paper?

Money Updates #2