Creating a list of info in A1 cell in multiple worksheets

How can I create a list of the info/contents in the A1 cell in multiple
worksheets?  I am trying to create a summary worksheet of the data from 90
worksheets and would like to be able to list the headers in the A1 cell
vertically.

'Right click on the summary sheet tab, and paste in this macro.
'Edit where appropriate:

Sub CreateSummary()
'Starting row for summary:
i = 1
For Each Sheet In ThisWorkbook.Sheets
If Sheet.Name <> Me.Name Then

'Control What column to place data in
Me.Cells(i, "A").Value = Sheet.Range("A1").Value
i = i + 1
End If
Next
End Sub

--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"bosch711" wrote:

> How can I create a list of the info/contents in the A1 cell in multiple
> worksheets?  I am trying to create a summary worksheet of the data from 90
> worksheets and would like to be able to list the headers in the A1 cell
> vertically.
It's easy if the sheets are named sheet1, sheet2, etc:., otherwise you'd
probably need a macro. If the former case:
=INDIRECT("Sheet"&ROW(A2)&"!A1") and fill down - starting with A2 for the
2nd sheet else you'd get a circular reference on Sheet1.
HTH

"bosch711" <bosch711@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How can I create a list of the info/contents in the A1 cell in multiple
> worksheets?  I am trying to create a summary worksheet of the data from 90
> worksheets and would like to be able to list the headers in the A1 cell
> vertically.

0
Bob
11/18/2009 9:20:49 PM
Luke,

I pasted the macro into the summary tab but I don't know what items to edit
to make it work.  Any help would be MUCH appreciated.

Thanks
Bosch

"Luke M" wrote:

> 'Right click on the summary sheet tab, and paste in this macro.
> 'Edit where appropriate:
>
> Sub CreateSummary()
> 'Starting row for summary:
> i = 1
> For Each Sheet In ThisWorkbook.Sheets
> If Sheet.Name <> Me.Name Then
>
> 'Control What column to place data in
> Me.Cells(i, "A").Value = Sheet.Range("A1").Value
> i = i + 1
> End If
> Next
> End Sub
>
> --
> Best Regards,
>
> Luke M
> *Remember to click "yes" if this post helped you!*
>

> "bosch711" wrote:
>
> > How can I create a list of the info/contents in the A1 cell in multiple
> > worksheets?  I am trying to create a summary worksheet of the data from 90
> > worksheets and would like to be able to list the headers in the A1 cell
> > vertically.
Bob,

Thanks.  I am changing my worksheet names because I have yet to get a macro
to work but your help below worked beautifully... Thank you!

"Bob Umlas" wrote:

> It's easy if the sheets are named sheet1, sheet2, etc:., otherwise you'd
> probably need a macro. If the former case:
> =INDIRECT("Sheet"&ROW(A2)&"!A1") and fill down - starting with A2 for the
> 2nd sheet else you'd get a circular reference on Sheet1.
> HTH
>
> "bosch711" <bosch711@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > How can I create a list of the info/contents in the A1 cell in multiple
> > worksheets?  I am trying to create a summary worksheet of the data from 90
> > worksheets and would like to be able to list the headers in the A1 cell
> > vertically.
>
> .

Prevent clicking on a cell

How do I create a sample in Excel?

if cell is text move left one column

[Access 2007] How to edit custom menubar created in Access2003?
Hello, This is my first post to this server, Hello everyone. We're working on a database created by my collegue in MS Access 2003. Since some time we've moved to MS Access 2007. Now we find problems editing the menubar. Each time we want to remove/add/alter a menu item my collegue goes to his MS Access 2003 and changes a menu. In 2007 the full menubar is visible under Add-Ins ribbon menu. Normally there should be a system table USysRibbon, but it is not there. There are only MSys* objects. How can we change the menubar directly in MS Access 2007? Is that possible at al...

ignore list
I have importet some contact data into mscrm, When I want to add these contacts to a marketing list (add marketing list members / use advanced find/ add all selected members), the adding stops with an error. I have done a trace during the error (occurs everytime I want to add these contacts) which shows me the following error: [2009-08-24 11:15:36.778] Process:OUTLOOK |Thread:5884 |Category: Unmanaged.Platform |User: PlatformUser |Level: Error | Found crmId {319C876A-CC39-DC11-9F61-0030485C3892} in ignore list. Update notification will be ignored Function: CItemHelper<struct Outlook::_Co...

Drop-down list #5

double worksheets?
A co-worker was working in a regularly-used workbook. Suddenly a second, seemingly identical workbook opened; the two were named *.xls:1 and *.xls:2 respectively. A week ago, a similar situation happened with the same workbook, except the duplication occured upon opening, rather than after it was already open. At that time, when we closed one of the "versions" the colon-number additional extention disappeared. But after closing the remaining document and reopening, the duplication appeared again upon opening. Can anyone tell us what this means? Did she accidentally hit a comman...

Worksheet Auto update
I need to find a way to automate a process. Is there a way to automatically replace the content of a worksheet with the content of another one? Every morning I get a sales report in excel for the previous day sales. I save it in a folder and then I do a pivot table on this sheet to determine sales by product category for example. The following day, I open the previous day file, replace the sales report with the new one and then refresh my pivot table. Is there a way to have my sales report update anytime I get a new sales report? To be more clear I have a workbook with two tabs: Pivot...

multiple email identities

Separating Date and Time in a cell

Automatic changes in cells

Creating Exchange 2003 organization