Creating a Formula to Format Column automatically? #3

Can I record it as a macro or anything like that? I have to run it o
five sheets. I've tried to conditional formatting, and it works only o
one cell, unless I'm doing it wrong

--
bludovic
bludovico's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1480

not sure what you are trying to do but conditional
formating can be coped and pasted. you have also
conditional format an entire column/row by selected the
entire column.
if conditional formating is what you are after, try that.

to run it on
>five sheets. I've tried to conditional formatting, and it
works only on

--------------
>bludovico's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?
action=getinfo&userid=14805
>View this thread:
>
>.

0
anonymous (74722)

Format Cells --> Hyperlink
I might have chosen the wrong N/Gs for this enquiry, if so please accept my apologies. I use WebFerret a lot to search the Internet. Occasionally I E-mail the results to a friend who's been searching for something. WebFerret will export its results to a .csv file which the recipient can open with their spreadsheet application if they don't have WebFerret. To make life easier for my friends I'd like to change the contents of the cells into hyperlinks. This would require that I send a .xls file to my friends, but that would be a small sacrifice of bandwidth for functionality gained...

background image formatting
Hi All, How can I make a background image stretched instead of tiled? I am using a default picture in publisher of clouds and they of course don't look right being tiled. Thanks a lot David Resize the image? --- If you're asking about web bg's, you can but the result is u g l y -- Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP - FrontPage "David" <David@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9E6E0F22-9511-4EEC-963B-0B359D511FA2@microsoft.com... | Hi All, | How can I make a background image stretched instead of tiled? | I am using a default picture in publisher ...

CRM 3.0/4.0: Views to show record that is created X Days Ago
I have a simple requirement to create a View with condition that the record is created x days ago, for example the record that is created 3 days ago. The only operator that is available for datetime (e.g. createdon) is only Last X Days, which if i show Last 3 Days, will show the records that were created today, yesterday, and 2 days ago. Is there any operator or any way to show the record that were created 3 days ago? I try to put condition "createdon Last 3 Days" and "NOT createdon Last 2 days", but there is no "NOT" operator in CRM. I try to insert new attribut...

saving format
i have a spreadsheet that i backup & copy to a new folder but the cell formulas are replaced with the cell values. how do i keep the formula format. thanks Save two copies??? One with the formulas and one after the formulas have been converted to values. bob wrote: > > i have a spreadsheet that i backup & copy to a new folder but the cell > formulas are replaced with the cell values. how do i keep the formula > format. > > thanks -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com Or are you saying that when you make the backup copy the formulas are somehow changed to values...

spreadsheet does not print as large as created
I have created a spreadsheet in Excel 2002. Simple layout with number, name, address,blank, blank,number. I created with large font size (28 or 32). I want the columns large enough for me to write in blanks and make notes. When the document is printed (hp laser 5p) the size of the font is not increased. Jim Morgan Memphis Tn Probably because that printer (driver) will not support that font and/or size. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software Granite Shoals, TX donaldb@281.com "Jim Morgan" <jmorgan7@midsouth.rr.com> wrote in message news:06ce01c34dfe$29c53d90$a401280a@phx.gb...

Create rule to run script
I have a vb script that when run takes the attachment on an e-mail and places it in a folder. Is there any way to setup a rule in outlook that when an e-mail is received from a certain person or address, to automatically run this script to place the attachment in the specified folder? Thanks in advance what version? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outl...

Creating a Combination Bar Chart with 2 Lines
I am trying to create a bar chart with 2 line series. The Y-axis for the vertical bars would be on the left and the Y-axis for the 2 line series would be on the right (3 series were defined). The horizontal axis for all series are calendar months (Jan, Feb, etc.) Every time I setup the chart my chart only displays a single line, ignoring the other line series. The vertical bars come out fine. Any thoughts on what I am doing wrong? Thanks Bill Falzone Don't use the built in types. Make the chart using all columns. Select a series that you want to change (click on it right in th...

how do i create a local client rule for outlook 2003
hello has anyone ever been able to create a local client rule for outlook 2003? exchange 2003? I can create the rule to send it to a PST (i dont know whether this can be done) then when i run the rule it says there is an error with the rule and it turns red. Does anyone have the steps for how to get this to work? Thanks A does the pst exist and is it in your profile? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: htt...

create a database
Steve can you email me I really need a database created as well and will pay you the fee. Sheryl On Sun, 21 Mar 2010 10:26:01 -0700, Sheryl <Sheryl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Steve can you email me I really need a database created as well and will pay >you the fee. Sheryl Luckily for you, he can't, because he doesn't know your email address. Don't post it here, or even worse spammers than Steve will pick it up. I would recommend that you find someone (perhaps locally) who can help you, rather than paying someone who has habitually and constantl...

Format cells with dates
Is there a way to format cells so that dates would change when the lead date is changed. for example, when I input monday's date, tue, wed, thur, etc will follow suit. Pat, Assuming the first date is in A1 B1: =A1+1 C1: =B 1+1 etc. -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Pat" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:115681B0-348E-447E-BB1F-F8347CFDB19B@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to format cells so that dates would change when the lead date is...

Conditional Formating Help

Conditional Formating Furmula
I have to enter a 14 digit licence number in a field this is a mix of numbers and leters. can some one please give me a formula that i can use in conditional formating tol show if there are to few or to many digits. (Using excel 2003) Thaks in advance. CF/ Formula is/ =LEN(A1)<14 Format as desired for too few CF/ Formula is/ =LEN(A1)>14 Format as desired for too many Rather than using CF you could, of course, use Data validation to require LEN(A1) to be 14. -- David Biddulph "jockj215" <jockj215@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A24...

unable to archive #3
Hi, While i am trying to archive mails, i am getting following error"can't move the items.Some items could not be moved. They were already moved or deleted, or access was denied" Please help me. Clear your Deleted Items Folder and run Compact Now. Then run scanpst.exe against your pst-file to scan it for errors and try it again. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Navigation Pane Tips & Tricks -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Akhlesh" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote...

Match formula to match values in multiple columns
Hi all, does any friend know that how can I make below formula work MATCH(A2,$K$2:$M$30,0) I am not sure I have understood correectly. Please go through the below example With data as below if you need to retrive the name of the 1st Rank holder from London. D2 = 1 D3 = London In D4 apply the below formula =INDEX($B$2:$B$9,MATCH(1,($A$2:$A$9=D2)*($C$2:$C$9=D3),0)) Please note that this is an array formula. You create array formulas in the same way that you create other formulas, except you press CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER to enter the formula. If successful in 'Formula Bar'...

Automatic Update application ignores permissions
I have a managed account on my computer - I've allowed the user to launch all Office applications except the Updater, Remove Office, and the Handheld Sync Installer. However, if the user clicks "Check for updates" in the Help menu in Word, the Updater application launches, and the AU daemon is put in the list of applications to startup on login. I guess this is the place to report such a bug - does anyone know how to prevent the user from launching the Updater application in this way? Does the user account have the "Allow Supporting Programs" box in the allow/disall...

Conditional Formatting
Hi All, I need help on conditional Formatting. I have a column of data with future DATE, such as 2 Jan 09, 4 Des 09, etc I would like to assign automatically different colors to those data that match these condition: If (TODAY's date < Data's date) And more than 30 days, COLOUR is Orange If (TODAY's date < Data's date) And more than 60 days, COLOUR is Yellow If (TODAY's date < Data's date) And more than 90 days, COLOUR is Green If (TODAY's date >= Data's date) And more than 30 days, COLOUR is Red I would like to gave it AUTO...

creating a function for dividing two columns
I am trying to keep track of softball stats. I trying to make a column of batting averages. I have at bats in column b, hits in column c with the results in column d. I cant get the function right so it will display the correct result. use this =SUM(C1/B1) in cell D1. Format D1 as a number with 3 decimal places. Steve Hubbard "cflan" <cflan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:212BF952-55B9-45DF-BC8C-E8B670FA6010@microsoft.com... > I am trying to keep track of softball stats. I trying to make a column of > batting averages. I have at bats in column b,...

Preserving Cell Formats in Excel Query
I am doing queries on a large workbook of multiple Excel spreadsheets. When I query the data, the original data formats don't carry through to the query results. Is there a way to carry original formatting through to Excel Query results Any insight would be appreciated Karen S No, you can import the data, but not the formats. If you're importing programmatically, you could apply the formatting as part of the import procedure. Karen S wrote: > I am doing queries on a large workbook of multiple Excel spreadsheets. When I query the data, the original data formats don't car...

Conditional Formating Based on Selection in a Combo Box
Hello, I am using Excel 2003. I have a combo box at the end of each row where you can select one of eight options. What i would like to do is when an option is selected the row changes to a particular colour. Is there any way to do this? Hi Adrian Do you mean a combo box from Control toolbox or a drop down..If that is a combo box then link each combobox to the cell behind say in Column J..and follow the below instructions to conditional format the cells 1. Select the cell/Range (say A1:J10). Please note that the row number referenced in the formula is the row with ...

Formulas #14
I have dollar amounts in cells A1, B1, C1 and D1. I need a formula in cell E1 to give me the sum of A1+B1 or the sum of C1-D1 if the sum of A1+B1 = 0. I have over 5000 rows. Thanks. "Rumy" <Rumy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have dollar amounts in cells A1, B1, C1 and D1. I need a formula in cell > E1 to give me the sum of A1+B1 or the sum of C1-D1 if the sum of A1+B1 = > 0. > I have over 5000 rows. =IF(A1+B1=0, C1-D1, A1+B1) Caveat: If A1 and/or B1 does not contain constants, or if they have opposite signs, their sum might appear to be ze...

Problem running MS CRM 3.0 over SSL (https)
I have setup an install of Microsoft CRM 3.0 on a high spec Windows 2003 Small Business Server and it all worked happily. I then generated an SSL certificate and applied it to the site in IIS. Initially when you load CRM (using the web client) it loads the left hand menu and navigation panes and shows the top menus and the user which is logged in however to main content area remains blank. After a time out period the error "An error has occurred. For more information, contact your system administrator" appears. The strange thing is you can navigate the menus etc and even edit...

Tricky Formula.. Please Help
I have created a time roster.. easy in each day I have start,end and break deduction.. still no probs I need to create an output formula for hours worked after a 16:00 from the start and end range on a day. So in the roster it will still display normal hours, however I will create a field for hours after 16:00. this is for calculating a different wage rate. Thanks Aaron See response in .programming -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Aaron H" <aaron@istarnetworks.com.au> wrote in message news:uU96kXI$EHA.2076@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... ...

How do i protect formulas in excel from being deleted?
to protect these formulas so that the figures can still be entered, but if the delet key is used to delete a figure entered, so that the formular still remains... Before you protect the sheet you'll need to unlock the cells in which you want to be able key in data. How to unlock a cell or a range of cells: 1. Right click on the cell(s) you want to unlock 2. Choose "Format Cells" 3. Click on the "Protection" tab 4. Remove the tick where it says "Locked" Now it is time to protect the sheet. -- Regards, Martin "Sarah" wrote: > to protect ...

If Formula total is Zero Turn it Red
For, =COUNTIF(Schedule!D8:D86,"*IV 1230*") If the result of this formula is ZERO, then I want to make the "0" turn red so it stands out on the worksheet. How can I do this. Ray Try Format|conditional formatting. You can use: cell value is equal to 0 rayscar wrote: > > For, > =COUNTIF(Schedule!D8:D86,"*IV 1230*") > > If the result of this formula is ZERO, then I want to make the "0" turn red > so it stands out on the worksheet. How can I do this. > > Ray -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com Excellent! Thanks. ...

Question about formula or marco
Hi all, Here is what I need to do: Column B will have a list of first names (John), Column C will have last names (Smith). What kind of formula or macro do I need so that I can have Column A read "jsmith" (all lower case)? Any ideas? Thanks very much. Try this formula in Cell A1:- =LOWER(CONCATENATE(LEFT(B1),C1)) "Gus Jae" <gusjae@verizon.net> wrote in message news:dn8Ue.186$sk2.153@trndny03... > Hi all, > Here is what I need to do: > Column B will have a list of first names (John), Column C will have last > names (Smith). > What kind of formu...