Creating a Form #2

Hi:
I am trying to create a database of people that attended my mortgage 
seminar. But instead of giving them a 4x6 piece of paper to write their 
information on, I will have my laptop at the booth and have them fill out the 
information that is created in an excel form. It's just to hard to read 
people's handwriting these days. I am trying to create a form that once 
someone's fills it out their information will automatically go to another 
part of the worksheet. But what I don't know how to do is get rid of the 
previous person's information before the next person fills it out. I would 
like to have some sort of submit but at the end which would then clear the 
form, is that possible?
-- 
Marcia3641
0
Marcia3641 (20)
7/18/2005 11:05:03 PM
excel.misc 78881 articles. 5 followers. Follow

10 Replies
888 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 57

If you've already got the data going to another worksheet, then clearing the
form should be easy.
Just select all the cells you want to clear, hit Insert-->Name-->Define and
type clearme (or similar), and then record a macro fo yourself hitting
Edit-->Go to-->Clearme, and hitting your delete key and then go to some nice
landing cell.
http://www.officearticles.com/excel/record_a_macro_in_microsoft_excel.htm

*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com


"Marcia3641" <Marcia3641@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:3F0A77DD-EA45-4EE7-86B7-6A15DCE0C68C@microsoft.com...
> Hi:
> I am trying to create a database of people that attended my mortgage
> seminar. But instead of giving them a 4x6 piece of paper to write their
> information on, I will have my laptop at the booth and have them fill out
the
> information that is created in an excel form. It's just to hard to read
> people's handwriting these days. I am trying to create a form that once
> someone's fills it out their information will automatically go to another
> part of the worksheet. But what I don't know how to do is get rid of the
> previous person's information before the next person fills it out. I would
> like to have some sort of submit but at the end which would then clear the
> form, is that possible?
> -- 
> Marcia3641


0
ng1 (1444)
7/18/2005 11:15:33 PM
yes there is.  when after you have entered all your program events o
the cmdSubmit (command button) just add this line at the very end.

Call UserForm_Initialize

This will make it "re-initialize" the form after the other function
have taken place.  I am still learning forms too though, so if anyon
knows fo a better way to do this, please don't hesitate to post it!

PZa

--
PokerZa
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
PokerZan's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2348
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=38818

0
7/18/2005 11:24:29 PM
Sounds like you are going to be sitting in the booth anyway, either way.

Haven't really looked at it but I think  Martin Green's  user forms
course material  would help.  Overall view looks like it would cover everything
you can download Spreadsheet and a PDF (or word) document.
  http://www.fontstuff.com/downloads/index.htm#excelvba

Other tutorials on for Excel then VBA beginning at
  http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie//excel/excel.htm#tutorials
  http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie//excel/excel.htm#vbatutorials
but that was the only one I've listed as for forms.
---
HTH,
David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel    [site changed  Nov. 2001]
My Excel Pages:  http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm
Search Page:        http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/search.htm

"Marcia3641" <Marcia3641@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3F0A77DD-EA45-4EE7-86B7-6A15DCE0C68C@microsoft.com...
> Hi:
> I am trying to create a database of people that attended my mortgage
> seminar. But instead of giving them a 4x6 piece of paper to write their
> information on, I will have my laptop at the booth and have them fill out the
> information that is created in an excel form. It's just to hard to read
> people's handwriting these days. I am trying to create a form that once
> someone's fills it out their information will automatically go to another
> part of the worksheet. But what I don't know how to do is get rid of the
> previous person's information before the next person fills it out. I would
> like to have some sort of submit but at the end which would then clear the
> form, is that possible?
> -- 
> Marcia3641


0
dmcritchie (2586)
7/18/2005 11:47:56 PM
Sorry, Marcia. I assumed you meant a form on a worksheet and not a userform,
so... my instructions aren't any good if you've got a userform.
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com


"Marcia3641" <Marcia3641@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:3F0A77DD-EA45-4EE7-86B7-6A15DCE0C68C@microsoft.com...
> Hi:
> I am trying to create a database of people that attended my mortgage
> seminar. But instead of giving them a 4x6 piece of paper to write their
> information on, I will have my laptop at the booth and have them fill out
the
> information that is created in an excel form. It's just to hard to read
> people's handwriting these days. I am trying to create a form that once
> someone's fills it out their information will automatically go to another
> part of the worksheet. But what I don't know how to do is get rid of the
> previous person's information before the next person fills it out. I would
> like to have some sort of submit but at the end which would then clear the
> form, is that possible?
> -- 
> Marcia3641


0
ng1 (1444)
7/19/2005 12:52:40 AM
Martin Greens material are what I used when teaching myself how to build
UserForms, good stuff.  In this tutorial it doesn't answer the question
that Marcia3641 had about clearing the form automatically once the
"submit" button was pushed.  

I pretty much tried "re-intializing" the form at the end of its event
sequence and it worked.  It seems that this was the correct thing to do
as I have not had any adverse effect happen (yet :) ).

PZan


-- 
PokerZan
------------------------------------------------------------------------
PokerZan's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=23480
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=388184

0
7/19/2005 8:11:59 PM
Thank for your feedback. 

Okay, I have now created the form based on the website Anne Troy provided. 
But the website indicates "lets move on to saving the infor into 
spreadsheet", but doesn't have a link for me to click to find out how. HELP 
PLEASE!
-- 
Marcia3641


"PokerZan" wrote:

> 
> Martin Greens material are what I used when teaching myself how to build
> UserForms, good stuff.  In this tutorial it doesn't answer the question
> that Marcia3641 had about clearing the form automatically once the
> "submit" button was pushed.  
> 
> I pretty much tried "re-intializing" the form at the end of its event
> sequence and it worked.  It seems that this was the correct thing to do
> as I have not had any adverse effect happen (yet :) ).
> 
> PZan
> 
> 
> -- 
> PokerZan
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> PokerZan's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=23480
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=388184
> 
> 
0
Marcia3641 (20)
7/20/2005 10:52:04 PM
I'm sorry, Marcia. I don't see that text anywhere in the article I gave you.
Perhaps it was someone else's article. If you can point out the link, maybe
I can help you continue...
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com


"Marcia3641" <Marcia3641@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:7860320F-3DB5-4EF5-A7F3-D60A0C908C40@microsoft.com...
> Thank for your feedback.
>
> Okay, I have now created the form based on the website Anne Troy provided.
> But the website indicates "lets move on to saving the infor into
> spreadsheet", but doesn't have a link for me to click to find out how.
HELP
> PLEASE!
> -- 
> Marcia3641
>
>
> "PokerZan" wrote:
>
> >
> > Martin Greens material are what I used when teaching myself how to build
> > UserForms, good stuff.  In this tutorial it doesn't answer the question
> > that Marcia3641 had about clearing the form automatically once the
> > "submit" button was pushed.
> >
> > I pretty much tried "re-intializing" the form at the end of its event
> > sequence and it worked.  It seems that this was the correct thing to do
> > as I have not had any adverse effect happen (yet :) ).
> >
> > PZan
> >
> >
> > -- 
> > PokerZan
> > ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> > PokerZan's Profile:
http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=23480
> > View this thread:
http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=388184
> >
> >


0
ng1 (1444)
7/21/2005 12:18:51 AM
http://www.officearticles.com/excel/record_a_macro_in_microsoft_excel.htm

Here is the link to the article. I did the Lesson 2 and Lesson 3 of the 
tutorial. Then at the end of Lesson 3 is there the text is.
-- 
Marcia3641


"Anne Troy" wrote:

> I'm sorry, Marcia. I don't see that text anywhere in the article I gave you.
> Perhaps it was someone else's article. If you can point out the link, maybe
> I can help you continue...
> *******************
> ~Anne Troy
> 
> www.OfficeArticles.com
> 
> 
> "Marcia3641" <Marcia3641@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:7860320F-3DB5-4EF5-A7F3-D60A0C908C40@microsoft.com...
> > Thank for your feedback.
> >
> > Okay, I have now created the form based on the website Anne Troy provided.
> > But the website indicates "lets move on to saving the infor into
> > spreadsheet", but doesn't have a link for me to click to find out how.
> HELP
> > PLEASE!
> > -- 
> > Marcia3641
> >
> >
> > "PokerZan" wrote:
> >
> > >
> > > Martin Greens material are what I used when teaching myself how to build
> > > UserForms, good stuff.  In this tutorial it doesn't answer the question
> > > that Marcia3641 had about clearing the form automatically once the
> > > "submit" button was pushed.
> > >
> > > I pretty much tried "re-intializing" the form at the end of its event
> > > sequence and it worked.  It seems that this was the correct thing to do
> > > as I have not had any adverse effect happen (yet :) ).
> > >
> > > PZan
> > >
> > >
> > > -- 
> > > PokerZan
> > > ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> > > PokerZan's Profile:
> http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=23480
> > > View this thread:
> http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=388184
> > >
> > >
> 
> 
> 
0
Marcia3641 (20)
7/21/2005 4:36:04 PM
I still don't see it, Marcia. You say it says "Let's move on to saving the
information...", but there is nothing even remotely like that on that page.
So what's missing? What do you need to finish? The page tells you how to put
the button on your toolbar and how to run the macro from the button.

*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com


"Marcia3641" <Marcia3641@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:B5340CE9-ED1C-4955-9782-9A3398C67CD6@microsoft.com...
> http://www.officearticles.com/excel/record_a_macro_in_microsoft_excel.htm
>
> Here is the link to the article. I did the Lesson 2 and Lesson 3 of the
> tutorial. Then at the end of Lesson 3 is there the text is.
> -- 
> Marcia3641
>
>
> "Anne Troy" wrote:
>
> > I'm sorry, Marcia. I don't see that text anywhere in the article I gave
you.
> > Perhaps it was someone else's article. If you can point out the link,
maybe
> > I can help you continue...
> > *******************
> > ~Anne Troy
> >
> > www.OfficeArticles.com
> >
> >
> > "Marcia3641" <Marcia3641@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > news:7860320F-3DB5-4EF5-A7F3-D60A0C908C40@microsoft.com...
> > > Thank for your feedback.
> > >
> > > Okay, I have now created the form based on the website Anne Troy
provided.
> > > But the website indicates "lets move on to saving the infor into
> > > spreadsheet", but doesn't have a link for me to click to find out how.
> > HELP
> > > PLEASE!
> > > -- 
> > > Marcia3641
> > >
> > >
> > > "PokerZan" wrote:
> > >
> > > >
> > > > Martin Greens material are what I used when teaching myself how to
build
> > > > UserForms, good stuff.  In this tutorial it doesn't answer the
question
> > > > that Marcia3641 had about clearing the form automatically once the
> > > > "submit" button was pushed.
> > > >
> > > > I pretty much tried "re-intializing" the form at the end of its
event
> > > > sequence and it worked.  It seems that this was the correct thing to
do
> > > > as I have not had any adverse effect happen (yet :) ).
> > > >
> > > > PZan
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > -- 
> > > > PokerZan
> > >
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> > > > PokerZan's Profile:
> > http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=23480
> > > > View this thread:
> > http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=388184
> > > >
> > > >
> >
> >
> >


0
ng1 (1444)
7/21/2005 5:04:37 PM
Okay, no wonder I you don't see what I am talking about. The website I 
included isn't the one I was following the directions for. Sorry about that, 
as you can tell I am so confused. 

Okay, I have created the userform and I hit F5 to run it to see if it work 
but my drop-down list don't show up.
-- 
Marcia3641


"Anne Troy" wrote:

> I still don't see it, Marcia. You say it says "Let's move on to saving the
> information...", but there is nothing even remotely like that on that page.
> So what's missing? What do you need to finish? The page tells you how to put
> the button on your toolbar and how to run the macro from the button.
> 
> *******************
> ~Anne Troy
> 
> www.OfficeArticles.com
> 
> 
> "Marcia3641" <Marcia3641@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:B5340CE9-ED1C-4955-9782-9A3398C67CD6@microsoft.com...
> > http://www.officearticles.com/excel/record_a_macro_in_microsoft_excel.htm
> >
> > Here is the link to the article. I did the Lesson 2 and Lesson 3 of the
> > tutorial. Then at the end of Lesson 3 is there the text is.
> > -- 
> > Marcia3641
> >
> >
> > "Anne Troy" wrote:
> >
> > > I'm sorry, Marcia. I don't see that text anywhere in the article I gave
> you.
> > > Perhaps it was someone else's article. If you can point out the link,
> maybe
> > > I can help you continue...
> > > *******************
> > > ~Anne Troy
> > >
> > > www.OfficeArticles.com
> > >
> > >
> > > "Marcia3641" <Marcia3641@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > news:7860320F-3DB5-4EF5-A7F3-D60A0C908C40@microsoft.com...
> > > > Thank for your feedback.
> > > >
> > > > Okay, I have now created the form based on the website Anne Troy
> provided.
> > > > But the website indicates "lets move on to saving the infor into
> > > > spreadsheet", but doesn't have a link for me to click to find out how.
> > > HELP
> > > > PLEASE!
> > > > -- 
> > > > Marcia3641
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > "PokerZan" wrote:
> > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > Martin Greens material are what I used when teaching myself how to
> build
> > > > > UserForms, good stuff.  In this tutorial it doesn't answer the
> question
> > > > > that Marcia3641 had about clearing the form automatically once the
> > > > > "submit" button was pushed.
> > > > >
> > > > > I pretty much tried "re-intializing" the form at the end of its
> event
> > > > > sequence and it worked.  It seems that this was the correct thing to
> do
> > > > > as I have not had any adverse effect happen (yet :) ).
> > > > >
> > > > > PZan
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > -- 
> > > > > PokerZan
> > > >
> > ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> > > > > PokerZan's Profile:
> > > http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=23480
> > > > > View this thread:
> > > http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=388184
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> 
> 
> 
0
Marcia3641 (20)
7/21/2005 5:15:02 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Question #2
Hey I have a pretty complicated question, it's probably easy for wel versed users, but I'm not sure what the cleanest way to do this is Here's what I'm doing. I'm taking a column of numbers, then in th column next to it I want to do the following =(B2/(AVERAGE(B2:B29))*75 I've figured it out to that point, but rather than adjusting each o the other cells when I use the format painter to find this value in th column, I'd like to just be able to format them all the same and hav them all find their value I hope this explains what I'm trying to do well enough,...

Get the max value of a column given the current date (this is hard!!!) #2
It's nice that it was able to recognize its reason code and its ma value for the date located at B2, but what if the date at a1 wa changed, let's say the value of a1 is 11/2/04? How can it locate the column of the current date located at a1? an find its max value and its reason code? the value of a1 is the current date. I hope that you can still help me with this one, thanks! Grac -- Shadow_Otix ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Shadow_Otixz's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1597 View this thread: ...

2/4 rounded corners?
I wan to create boxes (both text and image) that have the top right and bottom left corners rounded; retaining sharp corners on the top left and bottom right. Can this be done in Publisher? Autoshapes, create a rounded box, copy/paste special as a .wmf. Select the image, Arrange, ungroup, yes, ungroup again, edit points, hold down control, delete the corner points, adjust your lines. You cannot do this with a text box, but you can use your new creation as a border for a text box. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com &q...

creating and distributing autoshapes / graphics
I'm looking for guidance on what would be the best method to achieve the following... I would like to create a series of ppt graphics, perhaps autoshapes, or grouped objects including text boxes and "save them" somehow for distribution to other PPT users in my organisation...(as a .pot?..or add-in?...or toolbar?)so they can insert them easily into any presentation. Ideally I would like the graphics to look exactly as I have designed them, but maybe with the option for users to edit the content of text boxes, once they have inserted them on a slide, if that's ...

creating drop down menus #2
Still relatively new at REALLY using excel. I would like to ideally create a drop down menu containing several choices, and then based on that highlighted selaection, more selections are displayed in another drop down menu. For example, the drop down menu would first list several systems (systemA, systemB, and systemC). If systemA is highlighted by the user, then another menu pops up for them to select more choices from. Same with systemB and systemC. Kinda like a "cascading" menu effect. How do I do this? Please help!!! I have a workbook that does this for any number of link...

Creating a Macro the right way?
Hello, I am wanting to know where to start and if this is possible. 1.) I have a multi-tabbed work book which consists of product numbers and pricing. Is it possible to have a macro update all tabs with the pricing information that was updated say on the last tab (main update tab)? Thanks in advance... Hvns If desired, send your file to my address below. I will only look if: 1. You send a copy of this message on an inserted sheet 2. You give me the newsgroup and the subject line 3. You send a clear explanation of what you want 4. You send b...

Switching a Label on/off in a Report via a Form?
I have a form, if a person puts a "y" in the Jean Field I want to store that info until the person finishes filling out the form then clicks on a Command Button to open a Report/Letter. When that Report/Letter is opened, if there's a "y" in the Jean Field I want the Jean Signature label to be visible. It has a default of another name visible, with the Jean one defaulted to not visible. The name of the Label- JeanSignatureLabel Thanks. Thoughts so far, in the Form- Private Sub Jean_AfterUpdate() If Me.[Jean] = "y" Then DoCmd.RunCommand...

Contract Relationships #2
Hi, I am trying to create various many-to-many relationships to the Contract entity. One example is linking Contracts and Contacts via an intermediate custom entity called Contract Contact. A Contract can have many Contract Contacts and a Contact can have many Contract Contacts, so this should achieve the many-to-many relationship required. However, when I create my new Contract Contact entity and create a relationship to both Contract and Contact entities I encounter some problems: Firstly, I cannot create a new Contract Contact from a Contract, I don't get the new button, but I can ...

Combining Several Excel "Forms"
I have several excel "Forms" (data in non-tabular format). Is there a way to combine all of these excel documents into one tabular sheet? The data is composed of various specific data and the data is in the same cell for each specific type. Thanks a lot, Jonathan ...

How to add the quantity shipped to date to the puchase order form
When reprinting the purchase order, after partial shipments have been received, we would like to have the remaining quantity printed instead of the original quantity. The purchase order should reflect the quantities not yet received. Can anyone tell me in which table this field is stored or how to get it in the po form? -- Cindy Pool Cindy, This info is stored in POP10500 - Purchasing Receipt Line Quantities. You'll have to add this table to the PO Form definition in Report Writer and then add a couple of calculated fields to display the 'yet to be received' quantity. H...

make 2 cell in once
in cell a1 john in cell b1 smith, i want to have in cell c1 both names how do i make it -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com In C1 type =A1 & " " & B1 or =B1 & ", " & A1 depending on what you want your names to look like however, this is now a formula, if you delete column A or B you will have a problem so you then need to select column C copy it, choose edit / paste special - select values and click OK Regards JulieD "yoem >" <<yoem.1ah3xc@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:yoem.1ah3xc@excelforum-nospam.com.....

Sub form validations
Hi All: I am pretty new to this stuff, but need to figure out how control data flow in a form with a bunch of tabbed sub forms. I will try to see if I can make this make sense: We have a foirm with a bunch of tabbed sub forms used for dataentry. We need to control thins so that if someone enters data in a field of one of the sub forms, they cannot exit the form without clicking the save button and therefor cannot click on another tab in the master form until the data is saved. For instance, tab a calls for first name and last name. Once data is entered into either field, the us...

When added a record wil automatically can be chosed in other form
Hello, I have the member data which can be added in a form. This table has the child filed of Address ID in from the PK of Address table. When I add a member data and found in its combo there is no the address yet, at the same time I open the address form and I add the address, then go back to member data on address I have a problem that if the address data is current ..in the address form, I can not see it in the member update form, we should return to the previous record then we can see it in the member form. My question is how can we make it even though the record of add...

unwanted border appear on 2 sides of inserted pictures
When I insert a picture in MS Word 2007 or PowerPoint 2007, save and close the file. When I re-open the file a border apear on the top and left of the picture. It only happens once you have closed the application and re-opend it. Please help. I have the same problem. Have you been able to fix it? Yes - I have the solution !!! Right click on the picture. Then go to "Format Picture..." Then choose "3-D format". In that folder make sure that the depth and the contour color is white. If it still doesn't work use the crop tool. Left click on the image, that you will...

recovering emails #2
I had to reinstall outlook express and I can't see my old emails, folders, contacts. Can I recover these items? "mark" <mark@srta.net> wrote in message news:027801c3af91$6801c110$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I had to reinstall outlook express and I can't see my old > emails, folders, contacts. Can I recover these items? This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97/98/2000/2002/2003 from the Office suite of products. Outlook Express is actually a separate program despite the similar name. For help with your OE questions, try an OE newsgroup such as microsoft.publ...

Pie Chart Data Labels #2
Is there a way to add more information to a pie chart data label other than manually edit, as this disables the link to source aspect. Yes, You might want to check out these resources: John Walkenbach's Chart Labeler: http://www.j-walk.com/ss/excel/files/charttools.htm Rob Bobey's Chart Labeler: http://www.appspro.com/Utilities/ChartLabeler.htm A VBA routine to add custom labels: http://www.pdbook.com/index.php/excel/add_text_range_as_chart_labels/ Finally, you can select the individual data label by clicking on it until it looks like there is a box around it. Go to the Sta...

Can the MSDN version of CRM 1.2 be converted to a production system without losing any data?
I have the MSDN version of CRM. If I install it and configure a pilot system, can I later convert it to a full licensed system without losing any data? Does it require a new installation or just change the Company Name and License Key? Bill Walter Bill, You would need to migrate the data to the new install. The AD objects & DB Names are tied to the Org Name so you can't change them once they're installed. You're best bet would probably be to use the DMF to load the data to the new install. BTW, I believe, technically, that using the MSDN license for a Pilot is not allow...

dual screens #2
can separate tabs be viewed on multiple screens you can go to <window><new window> <window><arrange....> horizontal or vertical also have a look at< window><compare side by side> synchronous scrolling -- bill k ------------------------------------------------------------------------ bill k's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=821 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=483233 ...

Problems Creating Mailboxes with Exchange2003
Greetings, I am running a new Exchange 2003 server in coexistence mode with my old Exchange 5.5 service. They are in the same org. I can move users from the 5.5 server to the 2003 server with no issues using the move mailbox tool. I get errors however when I try to create a new AD user that is mailbox enabled. I get the following messages in the application log when I try to connect to the mailbox with Outlook or OWA. Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeIS Event Category: General Event ID: 9562 Date: 4/28/2004 Time: 4:54:54 PM User: N/A Computer: EXCHANGE Description: Failed t...

Run reports on 2 different msde db's
We have 2 stores. 1 has 2 pos stations with a store ops server running the msde db. The other has just 1 pos/server combo which has a local copy of the msde db. They both sync with our HQ server via the Hq Client. What we want to do is run reports for both msde db's from the 1 store ops server. I can connect to the second msde db from the store ops server using the store ops administrator, connect option. When I run reports via the manager, the reports are based on the local msde. I can go into store ops administrator, configuration and change the Primary database Server. ...

Transfers between accounts #2
I am having a problem with transferring money between accounts at different banks, when I transfer money between accounts at my primary bank (BOA) the transaction shows up at the same time in each account, money in money out on the same day, however when I transfer to accounts at other institutions (or pay a credit card) there is a lag between the time the money leaves BOA and when it shows up somewhere else, usually about 1-3 days. This causes problems when I download statements from both places, if I mark the money leaving BOA as a transfer to the other account then the money is added to tha...

Printing Calander 2 days on 1 page
How do I print a calander so it views two days on one page? I can get it to do 1 day on 2 pages, but not vice versa. Thanks, Carol ...

OWA Forms-based authentication issue
Running Exchange 2003 SP1 FE/BE configuration. I have followed the steps in KB830827. SSL is working fine however when users browse to the OWA page the form never shows. All I get is the basic authentication dialog. Any ideas? Thanks, Jamie ...

Date #2
i would like to be able to automatically put the current date in the cell only when something is entered into another cell, but I when I go back to the worksheet I don't want that date to update to the current date I just want it to show the date that the information was entered. right click on the tab name of the sheet (say sheet1). click on view-code. When the VBE opens, enter the following code: Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) If Target.Address = "$B$1" Then ' Range("A1") = Date ' only date Range("A1") ...

creating a function
i want to create a function that will calculate a commision of a number based on %with different intervals. ex. 18,750- entered #, equals 731.25 0-5k=2.5% 5-10k=3.5% 10-15k=4.5% 15-20k=5.5% were what ever number is entered it will cal based on actual # entered Try this =A2*LOOKUP(A2,{0,0.025;5000,0.05;10000,0.045;15000,0.055}) -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "NeilPoehlmann" <NeilPoehlmann@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4DECD7EB-87E8-43B7-BDAC-496215713D32@microsoft.com... > i want to create a function that will ...