Creating a chart from two tables of Times

I have created a spreadsheet that includes a worksheet of the
availablility of my staff including their start and finish times, and
another worksheet that has the times that they take lunch on. Is there
any way of creating a bar chart from this info that shows how many
people I have in the office throughout the day no a given date? I have
the spreadsheet available if anyone wants to look at it, as you can
tell I'm not really a whizz at Excel! Any help would be greatly
appriciated.
Steve

Stevie,

You can use cells in any sheet(s) in your charts.  Make your chart, and in
step 2 of the wizard, switch to the "Series" tab.  If you've already made
the chart, right-click it, Source data, Series tab, and you're there again.
Select the series you wish to specify, then use the the Category (X) axis
labels (same for all series), Values (y data), and series name (for the
legend).  Click in any of those boxes, then switch to the sheet and select
the cells.
--
Earl Kiosterud
www.smokeylake.com

"Stevie_J" <stephen.j.johnson@virgin.net> wrote in message
>I have created a spreadsheet that includes a worksheet of the
> availablility of my staff including their start and finish times, and
> another worksheet that has the times that they take lunch on. Is there
> any way of creating a bar chart from this info that shows how many
> people I have in the office throughout the day no a given date? I have
> the spreadsheet available if anyone wants to look at it, as you can
> tell I'm not really a whizz at Excel! Any help would be greatly
> appriciated.
> Steve

0
someone798 (944)

Military Time #4
I am looking for a way to calculate military time by adding minutes and coming up with a new military time. For example, in one cell military time is posted '0645....then next cell for minutes is posted 25 minutes. I would like the next cell to post 0710. How can that be done? Thanks in advance. From a previous post this week: >One way >=--TEXT(TEXT(A1+B1,"00\:00"),"hhmm") >format as 0000 >Peo Sjoblom best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "SteveTALL" <SteveTALL@discussions.microsoft.co...

Length of time
I am trying to keep track of time spent on a job. I put in the start time and the stop time. Individual day tallies are fine, but when I try to get a total I have 00:50 right now. How can I go from clock time to length of time? Thanks -- Mike D. www.stopassaultnow.org Remove .spamnot to respond by email --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.512 / Virus Database: 309 - Release Date: 8/19/2003 Hi Format the cell as Custom "[h]:mm" Arvi Laanemets "Mike Dobony" <tkdchap@hotmailspam...

look way to map form at CRM frontend to tables at CRM database
How can I find out what tables which new record has been added on when I enter data through a form in CRM front end? I try to find way to map form in the CRM frontend to the tables at the CRM database at backend? It is CRM 3.0 Thank in advances for help! ...

Out of Office Assistant replies multiple times
The situation: The user of a fully patched Outlook 2003 SP1 sets an Out of Office reply using the Out Of Office Assistant.. The result: The first time someone sends a message while the OOA reply is turned on, they get the full text of the OOA reply as it is configured. The second and subsequent emails from that same sender gets a truncated version of the OOA message. In my testing, my second message (which isn't supposed to be replied to), got me 2 truncated replies. Examples from my testing: 1st reply: "I am out of the office and will return on Monday, February 28, 2005. At th...

Two different cells
I have a file with more the 1000 names and addresses. My proble is that the firat and last names are in 2 differents cells. I i would like to put it in teh same cell. Is there anyway I csn do that? Please help too many names to re-type Carlos Assuming that Column A contains the first name and Column B the last name... =A1&" "&B1 OR =B1&", "&A1 ....depending on your preference. Hope this helps! In article <520FA0CA-1940-42E5-B84D-22BA15D59638@microsoft.com>, "Hombreck" <Hombreck@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have a...

Editing more than 1 table at a time with SQL.
Say I have two tables in a DB called TABLE1, and TABLE2. TABLE1 [IDNUMBER] [FIRSTNAME] 1 Ryan 2 Jennifer 3 Monica TABLE2 [IDNUMBER] [LASTNAME] 1 Johnson 2 Snipes 3 Smith My question is would I be able to use SQL in code to Edit, Delete or Insert data to both tables in one string rather than one table at a time? For instance what if I want to change both tables with a [IDNUMBER] = 2 to a [IDNUMBER] = 4, OR change the ...

How do I sort data by date excluding time
I would like to sort a database by date and transaction type. The problem is the data sorts by time, even though the field is formatted to show date only, with the transaction type not sorting within the date because it shows up in the time order. How do I get rid of the time? If date/time column is A then you have to use an empty helper column filled with formula =INT(A2) and sort by it. -- Regards! Stefi „markd” ezt írta: > I would like to sort a database by date and transaction type. The problem is > the data sorts by time, even though the field is for...

How do I view my calendar by a label I've created?
I would like to assign label colors to items in my calendars (for home use) and then be able to view my monthly calendar by one label at a time as I choose. Is there anyway to do this? I have gone through all the help menus and can't find anything. I found instructions on how to create a filtered view, but under the instructions, I have no "Add Filtered View" as one of my options. Any suggestions? View | (Arrange By) | Current View | Customize Current VIew | Filter --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtlefloc...

Do you need MS Access to query on an Access table?
I'm asking these questions because I have looked at a lot of stuff in the discussion groups and still confused. I am fairly good at Excel programming but haven't been able to get Excel and Access to talk. First, I have Office 2003 Professional at work and Office 2003 without Access at home. I want to work on developing Excel programming at home which will get data from Access to Excel with either MS Query or with programming. Is it possible to just have the .mdb files on the home computer for Excel to work with, or do I need the Access program too? The info I want ...

I am having trouble keeping numbers formatted in a Pivot Table
I have a pivot table that won't stay formatted. The data is formatted as currency in the worksheet that the Pivot Table is drawing off of. It shows up as a general number in the Pivot. I've tried formatting it in the Pivot but it doesn't stay when I refresh the data. "Preserve formatting" is checked on the Pivot table, so it SHOULD be preserving any formatting I apply to the pivot table, but that doesn't seem to be happening. I know I could record a macro to format this, but it is happening on multiple Pivot tables in the same workbook and that would be a pain ...

Vlookup, multiple times in one column summing corresponding
I have a list that contains common invoice numbers that appear multipl times in column A and need to use the vlookup function to find and su the corresponding amounts in column B. As you would be aware the following vlookup functio =VLOOKUP(A3,DATA,2,FALSE) will only return the one amount once i reaches a match and I need it to continue down the column and sum al matching invoice numbers. Column A Column B 145768 356.87 145769 678.90 145880 80.87 * 145769 103.55 145770 56.90 145769 78.32 145880 54.09 * The answer I�m looking to return is 145880 134.96 It has to be a vlookup sty...

Bar chart & Category (x) axis labels #2
If you make a bar chart in Excel 2003, and have two columns of text as Category (x) axis labels, the first column is shown vertical and the text in the second column is shown horizontal in the chart. If you open/make the same chart in Excel 97, the text in both columns is shown horizontal. If there is a lot of text, it becomes unreadable when it's vertical. Is this by design or can it be fixed somehow? ...

EzPaste-xl2ppt Excel add-in, automating the copy/paste of charts and data
Hello, This is to notify about the release of EzPaste (http:// www.EzPaste.net), an Excel add-in intended to completely automate the transfer of charts and data from Excel to PowerPoint. EzPaste identifies automatically all the charts and the tables defined in the active workbook. The user then selects which of them he wants to paste to PowerPoint=AE , and EzPaste does all the work, would you have to paste one or one hundred tables/charts at once Even if you have to paste the selected range or chart, EzPaste does it with the click of a button Sorry if this message is a bit advertising, b...

create a boot disk when I have no floppy drive?
I have the XP Upgrade CD. How do I create a boot disk when I have no floppy drive? Thanks for any help. "Bob Tyrka" <rtyrka@cavtel.net> wrote in message news:PPedndBCv5CT7ZjWnZ2dnUVZ_gqdnZ2d@cavtel.net... > I have the XP Upgrade CD. How do I create a boot disk when I have no > floppy drive? > > Thanks for any help. > What do you need a floppy for? The XP CD is bootable in it's own right... "Bob Tyrka" wrote: > I have the XP Upgrade CD. How do I create a boot disk when I have no floppy > drive? > ...

Need help grouping charts
I have identical charts which occur on multiple sheets. Is there any wa to group them for editing? When I group the sheets themselves, it seems to deactivate the charts I tried doing it with a macro as an alternative and then flipping th sheets one by one and keying the macro, but I get a message box with: "Run-time error 1004", "Unable to get the ChartObjects property of th worksheet class". Does anyone have any ideas -- Izz ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Izzy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getin...

Create Process
if i call fork() / CreateProcess what is/are duplicated? i know that data space is duplicated for sure how about code space? the code space can be shared to save space.... but the new process may need to do rebasing... so...does the code space also shared? thx Action wrote: >if i call fork() / CreateProcess >what is/are duplicated? >i know that data space is duplicated for sure >how about code space? >the code space can be shared to save space.... >but the new process may need to do rebasing... >so...does the code space also shared? There is no fork in Windows. Creat...

Data labels for Excel 2007 Charts
Hi, I have charts that are based on dynamically populated data. I need the data labels for all of these charts to appear with 0 decimal places. The dynamic data populates with 2 decimal places (X.XX). Is there a universal setting I can apply to the worksheet or even the chart itself, so I do not have to go to each data point/data label and set the formatting to 0 decimal places? Thanks, Courtney ...

Pivot Table with Quarter Subtotals across the top
Hello, I'm constantly creating pivot tables that show sales information by date across the top from left to right. I would love to insert a subtotal at the end of each calender quarter to subtotal the last three months. As it stands right now I just drop in the "Month" field from the data into the pivot table and the months flow through the pivot table. Is it possible to insert a quarter subtotal, say "1Q07" that will sum Jan-07, Feb-07 & Mar-07? Thanks in advance, Dza In 2007- Select any date heading, on the options ribbon click Group Field in the Group g...

change exist chart to be dynamic
Hi all How can I change an existing chart to be dynamic? In series I saw a name in y axis only but no name of x axis. How can I create a series for x axis? Thanks in advance Daniel You need to understand how dynamic charts work. There are tutorials and links to more on this page: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Dynamics.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Daniel" <Daniel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FF77A61A-58A9-4629-90E1-20742E6...

Looking for a quick way to create a bunch of labels for annual mailing to diverse contacts
Using Office 2004 (11.2), I have numerous contacts that are part of diverse categories (some have not been categorized yet) I would like to create mailing labels for the annual calendar mailing. As of now I figured out how to select a large number of contacts & mark them as part of the annual card category (Command & click) and go to Word's Data Merge Manager where select the main document & then the address book as a data source. I went to Query Options and selected the category that fits (annual card). Now what? ...

Inconsistant meeting times

How do I merge two publisher files?
I am using publisher 2003. I am creating an 80 page catalog. I like to save page 1-10 as file one, pages 11-20 as file two and so on. When I am finished with my catalog I need to send one file to the printer. How can I merge all of my pages together in one file? Copy and paste. Or if you have Acrobat (not just the free Reader) you can create a single .pdf file with the parts. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "screnda" <screnda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CF96E50B-CBC8-4A5A-A854-D7EE130CE9AD@microsoft.com... >I am using publisher 200...

Using two conditions in a formula
How do I write the following formula: I am in cell I6 If g6 AND h6 is blank, then blank, else I5 minus g6 plus h -- Richard Pit ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Richard Pitt's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1533 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27042 Richard, In cell I6, enter the formula: =IF(AND(G6="",H6=""),"",I5-G6-H6) Though you don't check for case when G6 is blank and H6 isn't, etc. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "Richard ...

How do I create an HTML email message?

Create Contact View with Tasks
Outlook 2000: Is it possible to create a CONTACT view that lists each task assigned to those contacts. Here is why I don't want to do it from inside tasks - I would like to print a list of all of my contacts and the tasks assigned to them, even those contacts that don't have tasks assigned to them - that way I can catch any contacts that we havn't assigned a task to. Does that make sense? Thanks for your help!!! ...