create yearly summary from monthly worksheets

How do create a yearly summary worksheet using data from monthly worksheets?
0
Chys (1)

Without much data, difficult to answer without assumptions, but her
goes...
Assuming each sheet is named bu month and you want to sum the same cel
(let's say B5) in all tabs, Insert a new tab at the end, named Yea
summary.

In Cell B5, on the Year summary, your formula would b
=sum(Jan:Dec!B5)
This will of course only work if your furthest left tab is named Ja
and your second last to the right is named Dec with the Year Summar
being farthest rught.

Let me know if this works for you or provide more information regardin
how sheets are set up

--
flydecode
flydecoder's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2728

Opening Excel to a particular worksheet
Hello, I have created a spreadsheet for a number of users to access. I would like the spreadsheet to open on a particular worksheet every time no matter where it is saved. The Worksheet that I would like to have as the default page acts as a coversheet and has hyperlinks to other input & savings worksheets. Can someone please tell me how to open my spreadsheet up at the 1 default worksheet every time. Is it a macro or is it the way the shortcut is written? If it is one of the above, how can I accomplish my goal? Hi Aaron! Try: In the VBA editor double click on 'ThisWorkboo...

Password protecting certain worksheets in a file
How do I set passwords to protect just certain worksheets in a file? If you mean worksheet passwords, one way: Public Sub ProtectSomeButNotAll() Const sPWORD As String = "drowwsap" Dim vSheets As Variant Dim i As Long vSheets = Array("Sheet1", "Sheet3", "Sheet5") For i = LBound(vSheets) To UBound(vSheets) Worksheets(vSheets(i)).Protect sPWORD Next i End Sub In article <071001c53487$7cdd3bb0$a601280a@phx.gbl>, "Mike" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:...

using scripts to create mailboxes for users
SCENERIO: I've used a script to add users to my Active Directory 2003 and now I need to add mailboxes to only those that currently have email on my old unix system. i have a script that will read a database of users that are in an OU on my new server and compare it to the old server to see if they currently have email. The part of the script that isnt working right is the mailbox creation. when i run the script it adds all the approprate exchange tabs in the gui for the user but I am unable to send the user email or even log into the OWA. NOTES:: Active Directory 2003 windows 20...

Creating a New private information store
Hi, We have an information store (Back Office 4.5) that has reached the 16GB limit and is corrupt with only 6GB left on the hard disk. We are unable to optimize or move the information store and the integrity check fails. Our plan is to: Manually copy the information store to a new disk Edit registry Run repair Run optimize Failing this we may be forced to create a new information store, and extract the data from the old private informaton store. I am unable to find information on re-initialising or re- creating the private information store? If all you want to do is create a new...

Creating a public folder (Calendar) as a resource. in Exchange 2003
I want people to be able to use this resource for scheduling a meeting and blocking time for the confrence room. the calendar would be the confrence room. I want to have users be able to look at the calendar as a public folder and not have to open another users file. can this be done in Exchange 2003... If this works I will be setting up 4 confrence rooms and a speaker phone as resources. I really would appreciate your help ..... James There are a few ways to set up resources in Exchange, but if you want to do it this way, then when you create the new PF (or any new folder in Outlook),...

Create a sequence when the first cell has text and numbers
This might be a silly question, but I haven't been able to find the answer. I have one cell that will always have the the following format: ABCD1111111111111111 (4 letters and 16 numbers). That will be my first cell, I want to be able to create that number plus 1 on the cell below, and repeat (scroll down) as many rows as there is information on the left column. I t can be either using a formula or a macro: A B 1 Apples ABCD0000000000000005 2 Oranges ABCD0000000000000006 3 Pears ABCD0000000000000007 4 Coconut ABCD0000000000000008 I tried Autofill but it doesn't work, ...

How to rename autoshapes on a worksheet
I did it once but don't know how. Basically I just want to rename an autoshape from "autoshape61" to "somethingmeaningful" I think it involves pressing the control and then a + sign appears but can't remember exactly; any help much appreciated. Thanks, Mark To the extreme left of the formula bar is the 'Name box.' Click the autoshape of interest. Click in the name box. Type the desired name, complete the change process with the ENTER key. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Offi...

Maximum # of columns in a worksheet
Is there any way to get more than 256 columns in a worksheet? When I get to Column IV, it will not let me insert or add more columns!! I need a bigger sheet. Please help!! Hi no chance :-) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "frustratedwthis" <frustratedwthis@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:822F4D59-3C04-4A23-B9DE-DA449CEF0055@microsoft.com... > Is there any way to get more than 256 columns in a worksheet? When I get to > Column IV, it will not let me insert or add more columns!! I need a bigger > sheet. Please help!! ...

Bibliography unexpectedly creates duplicate entries in Current Lis
Using Word 2007 References - Manage Sources - Current List Intermittently and unexpectedly the Current List contains duplicate entries. Not all entries are duplicated Often the only difference between the "real" entry and its duplicate is the casing of, for example, the document title. Other duplicate entries appear to be identical toe the "real" entry. It MAY be that the duplcates are entries I edited at some time. It SEEMS to occur If I have another Word document open which contains citations. One consqeunce is that when updating fields the document ...

How to create a rolling list on a slide?
Trying to have a rolling list of names on a slide that will run uninterrupted until end of the list. Anyone know how? Is it possible? Thanks StevedinSF See if this helps: http://www.pptfaq.com/FAQ00207.htm -- Luc Sanders MVP - PowerPoint "StevedinSF" <StevedinSF@discussions.microsoft.com> schreef in bericht news:F7DB924D-7C34-42CF-B6DB-B04ADE9BAEB7@microsoft.com... > Trying to have a rolling list of names on a slide that will run > uninterrupted > until end of the list. > > Anyone know how? Is it possible? > > Thanks ...

Create csv
Is there an easy way in asp.net to dump out a comma-delimited file from an SQL view or stored proc? Thanks. -- David Well there's a couple ways. As a one off you could cut and paste into access and export the table. Maybe excel as well. Programmatically. Depends how experienced you are with ssis whether you count it as "easy". google ssis csv export "DavidC" <dlchase@lifetimeinc.com> wrote in message news:93BCFD0A-1944-4C9E-B0B6-7697AA070625@microsoft.com... > Is there an easy way in asp.net to dump out a comma-delimited file from an &...

create e-mail enabled contact by script
hy all im looking for a script or a tool that creates E-MAIL ENABLED contacts. a lot of scripts i found on the internet was able to create contacts, but they didn´t were e-mail enabled. I tried to modify some scripts that creates e-mail enabled user accounts, but it doesn´t work for contacts, because user accounts get their e-mail functionality by creating a mailbox object. This can´t be used for contacts because contacts don´t have a mailbox object. Does someone has an idea? greetings jc "jc" <jc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >im lookin...

Pivot table from multiple worksheets . . . possible?
Is it possible for a pivot table to pull from multiple worksheets, provided the information being pulled has the same number of columns with the same format? Thanks for any help! If you create a Pivot Table from multiple consolidation ranges, you won't get the same pivot table layout that you'd get from a single range. There's an example here: http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot08.html If possible, store your data in a single worksheet, and you'll have more flexibility in creating the pivot table. Spyder wrote: > Is it possible for a pivot table to pul...

when I enter data in my worksheet, it skips to much lower boxes
I am working with an Excel worksheet to sum up categories for my 2004 taxes, which are due 8/15/05. I must have pressed something weird, because when I try to enter data, it will not enter the correct box, and instead skips to much lower boxes in lower rows and columns. How can I correct this? Or do I just continue doing it by hand as usual.... None of my previous worksheets have had this problem. I have tried starting a new worksheet, and that didn't help. I have turned off the computer, and restarted it with a new worksheet and that didn't help. I would appreciate help ...

How do I get a hyperlink to track specific data in a worksheet?
I have Excel 2000. At Sheet1 A1 I have a hyperlink addressed to Sheet2 A1. How do I get the hyperlink address to move with the data if I cut it from Sheet2 A1 and paste it to any other cell on Sheet2? Any guidance would be much appreciated, thanks. Regards Kev Nurse Name that range (Insert|name|define) Then use that name in your hyperlink: I created a name of myCell and used this formula: =HYPERLINK(myCell,"click me") Kev Nurse wrote: > > I have Excel 2000. At Sheet1 A1 I have a hyperlink addressed to Sheet2 A1. > How do I get the hyperlink address to move with...

Default date format for dates entered without a year
Excel 2007: Most online docs claim that Excel's default date settings are controlled by the Regional and Language Settings (Windows XP) in the Control Panel. I have my short date format set to MM/dd/yyyy. What I don't like, is that when I leave out the year, and enter something like 1/15 in a cell (which didn't previously have any formatting) in Excel 2007, it gets formatted as dd-mmm and shows as "15-Jan". (The full date 01/15/2008 correctly shows in the Formula bar.) I don't *ever* want Excel to show "15-Jan". I *hate* that format. I would like...

Use Openargs while creating new record
Hello, I have a form "addPatient" used for the entry of new records that contains fields for Medical Record number (PK), Last Name, and First Name. This form opens when a "Create new record" command button is pressed on a search form "editPatientInfo". When the user clicks a command button to close addPatient, I would like "editPatientInfo" to be updated to the record that was just added so that the rest of the fields associated with that patient can then be edited. I've tried using OpenArgs, however, I have limited VBA experience and have run into ...

Links through multiple tables creates duplicates
I'll do my best to explain this database but its getting complicated. I have 11 tables that I'm using to calculate cost of yarn. I have a crosstab query that works perfectly to calculate my overhead expenses sort of as follows: Lot water power labor maintenance etc... I need to add one more calculation on the end for a cotton rebate (part of the rebate must be applied to overhead). So far I try to link Lot from my query to lot in lotblend table (I just have lot #'s and blendcodes in this table), then from blendcode in lotblend to blendcode in ...

Saving individual pages within a worksheet
I have inserted subtotals into a worksheet and used the pagebrea feature so that each subtotaled group is located on it's own page. Fo instance: Dept:1000 Page 1 / Dept:1001 Page 2 Dept:1002 Page 3 Etc.. Is there a way to save each page within a worksheet as a separat document? What I am trying to do is to send each of my department their own report (dept) by e-mail without manually copying and pastin each and every one of them. I would like to set up a macro to do thi but because the length of data within each dept changes each time... can't use the copy/paste function. Thank...

Merging 2 worksheets (newbie)
I'm trying to merge two mailing lists from separate worksheets, and keep getting the message that the cells must be identical. All the cells on both worksheets are the same size, the fields are named the same, but of course the content is different--so I'm not sure what the program's asking for. Can this not be done as a simple cut and paste? Think you're hitting this error because there's some merged* cells *A formatting "feature" which could result in problems downstream, and should be avoided where possible, going by posts by experienced folks here Try t...

Enter month and year as text
Hi, I maintain a list of new members to a club, and enter the new list of new members for each month. I just want to separate the new members for each month by entering the month's name in a cell. This will not be used in any calculations. So, each month I need to enter the name of the month and the year as text, like this January 09 (or January 2009 would do as well.) But after I type it in and move to the next cell, Excel 2003 switches the entry to this format: 9-Jan How can get Excel to accept what I enter and treat as simply text, not a value. It is not necessary to use the month and ...

creating object from custom DLL
Hi, I have a custom dll written in C# with a testClass object. I would like to create this object in Powershell to use but I can't seem to get the properties. Here is the C# snippet: ============================================= class testClass1 { public string FirstName{ get; set; } public string Lastname { get; set; } } ================================== The object creates fine but the properties are not there. Here is the Powershell snippet: [Reflection.Assembly]::LoadFrom("c:\test\ClassLibrary.dll") $testobj = New-Object Cla...

Pull information from one worksheet to another
I have information on many worksheets that are tied to if then formulaes. So, I may have 30 rows of information but only 5 fit the criteria. This would be the same for about 10 sheets in one workbook. What I want is for the pieces of information that fit the criteria to be pulled from each of the worksheets into one final worksheet. It kinda sorta depends on how complicated your "criteria" is........probably would be better to do your filtering on each sheet and then just linking in those specific cells........ =IF(SHEET5!A1>0,SHEET5!A1,"") Or better yet, if th...

Page Created by Wizard
Data Edited and added is not allowed when Page is created. Please help? ...

How do I create a tri-fold document from 8 by 11.5 paper
Wot's Your Real Problem? "Onglen" <Onglen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:96A9A982-BCE3-4EBE-A755-BF1FBE4F3DC5@microsoft.com... > -- John G Wot's Your Real Problem? Create brochures that help you sell in Publisher http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA010563161033.aspx -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Onglen" <Onglen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:96A9A982-BCE3-4EBE-A755-BF1FBE4F3DC5@microsoft.com... > Onglen There ...