Create List/Add Row

Hello,
I used the "Create List" function for a number of columns in a worksheet -
but not all.

I need to add a row, and I keep getting a message that says, "This operation
is not allowed. The operation is attempting to shift cells in a list on your
worksheet."

I can add a row IN a list, but it only adds it in one column and doesn't
carry it across the worksheet. It's when I try to add a row outside of a list
that I get the error.
Is there a way to correct this, so I can add/delete rows as needed?

Thank you, in advance.

Maybe you can convert each list back to a range, delete the row and then change
the ranges back to lists.

--

Dave Peterson
-1

how to create a custom 'security role' like grid?
Hi, I want to implement a custom 'grid' like the one used in 'security roles - core records', where you can select certain items with a 'litle circle' Can anyone tell me how to do this? regards, Natascha On Jun 15, 12:41=A0pm, Vantuykom <Vantuy...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi, > I want to implement a custom 'grid' like the one used in 'security roles = - > core records', where you can select certain items with a 'litle circle' > > Can anyone tell me how to do this? > regards, Natascha Hi you should use imag...

Lists Questions
i have a list that i have 10 different accounts listed in on my form. I have it setup so that i can select multiple options. how do i get this list to show up in the actual table? I had to create this list on the form itself. is there a way to take that list that i made and convert it into a text field when i run a report? and have it display what was selected? Are you trying to put multiple accounts in the same table field? That doesn't seem right. A multi select list box will not return a value if you use it like Me.txtAccount = Me.lstAccountList You have to loop through the Item...

how to create a dynamic descending list of months & years
I'm trying to create a spreadsheet whereby in cell A1 I enter in any given Month and Year ("January 2005", formatted as a date), and in cells B1:J1 the previous months and years show up (December 2004; November 2004; October 2004; etc....) If I type in "April 1985", the adjacent cells would read "March 1985; February 1985; January 1985; December 1984; etc... I've thought of a couple laboriuos, crude, potentially faulty ways of doing this, but it seems like there should be an eloquent solution. Very much appreciated!!! Marika :) Can you put the followi...

fixing phone list
Thanks again for all your help yesterday. I went to input all my phon numbers and came up with a new problem I hope you can help with. I have the numbers in the correct format now eg. 555555555 the proble is that I now need to add a 1 in front of these to show the fax machin that it is long distance. I need it to look like this now 1555555555 can this be done?? If so can you walk me through it?? I sure appreciat any help or advise you can provide. Thanks Jod -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com You can format the column to do this. Select all the cells you want to format then...

FRx 6.7: Accounts Not Displaying In Row File
I have successfully created Financial Statements for two of our three companies. However, I’m having a problem with the third one. In creating the row file, I specify a range from account 30000 through 99999. Most accounts show up in the list. Some don’t. The following account string will be my example of an existing account, with a balance, that does not show up in the row file: 00000-30035-00000 (30035 is the main account) If I manually insert a row into the row file, type in the description, and click the down arrow for the GL Link, the account does not display in the drop down. Ho...

templates in folder list in Outlook 2002
I was wondering if anybody has figured out a way to get templates to appear in the folder list using Outlook 2002. I have numeous templates that I use daily and having them in the folder list would be so much easier than the 'choosing form' dialog box each time. Thanks. ...

Add-on for Sales Question
Hello, I need to add sales functionality to Outlook, for a single user. I was told about BCM. Do you use BCM or a similar product? I would appreciate any recommendation on this. Thank you very much. Talal Itani "Talal Itani" <titani@verizon.net> wrote in message news:10QTh.20$Da6.3@trnddc02... > Hello, > > I need to add sales functionality to Outlook, for a single user. I > was told about BCM. Do you use BCM or a similar product? I would > appreciate any recommendation on this. Thank you very much. Read replies to the prior thread you already ...

hide row/cols
How can I hide my row/col numbers, like the built-in Invoice Template does? Thanks, Andre Hi goto 'Tools - Options - View' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Andre wrote: > How can I hide my row/col numbers, like the built-in Invoice Template > does? > > Thanks, Andre perfect - thanks! ...

Re: Add email address to outlook
Ben, Thanks for the reply. When I right click on the sender's name I don't have the option to "add sender to address book". Is there a way to add it. I did have that option when I used Outlook Express. thank you ...

Customizing the "Details:" list for an entity?
I've created my own custom entities as an alternative to the default Product and Opportunity Product entities. This is because the whole price-list model doesn't fit my organization at all, and I can't seem to remove those attributes/relationships. So now, the Details: list for an Opportunity looks like this: Details: - Information - Products - Relationships - Sales Process - Activities - History - My Custom Opportunity Products Questions: 1) How do I rename that last entry, which is the relationship to my custom entity? 2) How do I move it up in the list? 3) How do I rem...

Chart with merged rows
Another question for EXCEL gurus ! I have a chart with 56 rows (corresponding to 56 weeks in a year), each of which is composed of merging 7 rows (corresponding to 7 days/week). How can I get a graph with the values in these merged columns ? Selecting these and clicking the chart icon does not produce anything ! X-axis C, Y-axis - D -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- A B C D --------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 13. Aug. Sunday ...

Problem with List Control Box
I have a list control with 3 columns. For some reason when I try to insert an entry into the list control, sometimes, only the item's first value gets added, but the values for the 2nd and 3rd column are not there. If i continue to add the same entry consistently, eventually the entry will be added correctly with all three values. Why is that? For example: sometimes I will add (a,b,c) into my List control box, but only (a) gets shown. But if i keep inserting an item, eventually the entry (a,b,c) will be added... >I have a list control with 3 columns. For some reason when I try ...

GP should allow you to create a return for drop ship items!
What is the reason behind not being able to create a return for drop ship items? Do you think customer who receive their product via drop ship never have to return an item? This is really short sided on your part. 95% of our business is drop ship and we have return all the time. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsread...

E-commerce add in?
I have a customer who is looking to implement RMS as well they are going to put some items in on there website. Is there a good/reccomended shopping cart site that would allow them to integrate the store and virtual store together. I have never done anything on the web side of things so I am looking for some info. Thanks. Zack Anderson ...

Number of rows in a worksheet
I have a very large data file. It has 110,000 records approximately. want to import it into an excel worksheet. I did so using the Impor Text function and defining the field widths with !. Now the most I can seem to import onto a worrksheet is approximatel 65,500 records. The wizard then advises me to import the rest ont another data sheet, excluding the data already imported on to the firs sheet. When I try to do this, the wizard will only allow me to exclude th first 32,000 records from the second import and then will only impor approxiately 32,000 more records. In effect the second impor...

Create list to choose from
Hi, I'm just trying to create a short pulldown list in a spreadsheet. Instead of having to retype repetitve selections for this spreadsheet that gets used a lot, I'd like to create a pulldown list, but I'm not sure which kind of list to choose and I'm not sure how to enter the list. Can anyone help. Thanks a bunch. Diana Hi Dianah i'ld go with data / validation check out Debra Dalgleish's site for details http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html cheers JulieD "Dianah" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message news:OLWdR3GWEHA.2716@tk2msftngp13.phx....

Global Adress list not updating
Outlook Global Address List in Outlook is not updating when users are added or deleted in Active directory. I have clicked on "Update Now" under Recipient Update Service In Exchange System Manager. This does not update the list. Any ideas anyone? Which version of Exchange? Which version of Windows? Which version of Outlook? E "Brendon" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:045601c3c42e$bb8ee630$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Outlook Global Address List in Outlook is not updating > when users are added or deleted in Active direct...

List Webpart Installs fine, but crashes Sharepoint
Ok, I read the readme, and see that others have had trust delegation issues. I have a single SBS 2003 server. When I install the CRM Webpart, go to Sharepoint and add the webpart to the home page, subsequent visits give me a Sharepoint Timeout error. When I uninstall the list webpart, the company webpage comes back up fine. Where would I find a log file or something to help diagnose this? I've googled the issue and can't find anyone else having this problem. Any other ideas? Thanks, James ...

protect row color
I have a spread shhet that I have alternating row colors. If I do a data sort it moves the color along with the data. How do I protect the rows format so this does not happen Sounds as if the rows were coloured manually. Remove the colours, select the rows to shade using Format|Conditional Formatting. One way to specify every second row is MOD(ROW(),2)=0 Bernard "KIRK" <awm@cyberport.net> wrote in message news:1c4bd01c38850$83f15ba0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I have a spread shhet that I have alternating row colors. > If I do a data sort it moves the color along with the &...

combobox list in userform
Hi How do I compile the list for a combobox? Where do I put it? -- robzrob You put it in code. When the form initializes, use either the AddItem method or the List property to set the rows. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook 2007 Programming: Jumpstart for Power Users and Administrators http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?id=54 "robzrob" wrote: > Hi > > How do I compile the list for a combobox? Where do I put it? > -- > robzrob ...

How do I create a pdf or txt file?
I need to get my word files that save as (.doc) to a (.txt or .pdf) file. Is there anyway to do that without the software? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0012_01CA7C42.604BDA30 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi Deana, This newsgroup is specifically for matters dealing with Microsoft = Project. I suggest you try to find a more appropriate newsgroup that = deals with Word problems. However, from the Save As... dialog, at the bottom is Type selection = which should ha...

Is there a way to disable quick create
The quick create screen is very annoying, is there a way to force only the use of full forms when clicking new from the lookup dialogue. Anyone? Is this possible system wide? I did find one thing regarding the web.config file but it doesn't seem to work. Adding the following to web.config under <appSettings> <add key="RenderQuickCreateControl" value="Off"/> Any advice would be good. I don't want end users to be able to create using the quick create funtionality. "Simon W3st" wrote: > The quick create screen is very annoying, is t...

create new mail item from current item
Greetings, How can I create a new mail item from the active inspector current item? Thank you, Please provide more details on what you want to do. In other words, what does the current item have to do with the new item you want to create? -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook 2007 Programming: Jumpstart for Power Users and Administrators http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?id=54 "lindstrom" wrote: > Greetings, > How can I create a new mail item from the active inspector current item? > Thank you, > > --- > fr...

Deleted items
I'd like for my deleted items to be listed in date order when deleted rather than the date they were originally received. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=d66c023f-3eed-461f-bfa3-01769e...

How I can set highlighted active cell in row & colmun cross
I want to set active cell highlighted in row & colmun cross as it was possible in Lotus 123. Is it possible? if yes, how is it? Option Explicit '---------------------------------------------------------------- Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) '---------------------------------------------------------------- Cells.FormatConditions.Delete With Target With .EntireRow .FormatConditions.Add Type:=xlExpression, Formula1:="TRUE" With .FormatConditions(1) With .Borders(xlTop) ...