Create Labels in Word

I am having difficulty creating labels using the mail merge wizard in word.
I followed the directions exactly and it does not show my labels after I
create them.
0
jlmctx (1)

In Excel how do I label the axis of a chart with 2 sets of labels
I wish to put two labels on a chart say a time function together with a quantity function against the same axis (usually x). I run Excel 2003 If you plot two series You can select one of them and change the axis to secondary. In chart options you can then modify the Y axies as needed. "Alan" wrote: > I wish to put two labels on a chart say a time function together with a > quantity function against the same axis (usually x). > I run Excel 2003 If it's a category axis, put the two sets of labels into adjacent columns (or rows), select the chart and choose Source D...

Font sizes not saving (W2007 opening document originally created in W2003)
Hello, I have a 375 page document originally created in W2003 (or perhaps W2000). It was creeated with a Normal style of TNR 10 pt. Everytime I open it I have to change the font size from 11 pt back to 10 pt. When I modify, the radio button for "Only in this document" is checked but the changes don't keep. I really don't want to change my Normal template for new documents, but I'd like the font size to be retained. Am I missing something simple or do I have to mess with templates? Thanks, CJ This should not be happening unless you have "Automat...

Creating a rule with people not in contacs
I haven't been able to find a way to create a rule where I forward the incoming email to someone not in the contact list. I want to immediately forward certain spam to the ISP's abuse email address (aol, yahoo, etc). I see no reason to have to add those addresses to my contact list, yet I see no way to do it without adding. When I get to the dialog for forwarding it tells me to type an address or find it in the list. However, if I type an address not on the list it won't let me add that name. Using help I've found out how to build a rule on an inbound email address not in my ...

QUICK WORD on Exchange 2003 Consolidation
We have 8 Exchange 5.5 and 23 at another subsidiary - all across the world. Asides from reading the hundreds of pages on the consolidation to Exchange 2003 - CAN someone please just highlights some of the things 2003 brings to the table - technology wise the enables us to consolidate? I would hate to migrate to Scalix (not cause of platform - just cause it is untested and unnown). Thanks. MK: Exchange 2000/2003 bring a lot to the table for an Exchange shop. Basically, it adds the capability to host more accounts per server. Instead of being locked in to a single mailbox store p...

How do I copy an Excel chart with added text boxes into Word or P.
I have created a chart in Excel and added a number of text boxes on top of the chart. I need to paste the entire chart & text boxes into Word and/or Powerpoint; however by selecting the chart and copying, the text boxes are excluded. MS help suggests entering the text boxes outside the chart then moving them into the chart and grouping the chart and text boxes; however there does not seem to be the ability to group the chart with the text boxes. If you had clicked on the chart before making the textboxes, all the items would have been grouped. But you can do it later: Hold down SHI...

OL2003 Signature Advanced Edit
I just installed Outlook 2003 on a new laptop (I've been using it on a previous laptop without this problem). I have Word 2003 selected in Outlook to edit my email messages (in the Tools:Options:Mail Format menu). When I attempt to create a new email signature using the Advanced Edit option (to open Word as the editor), Word Pad is launched instead of Word. I have searched all the menus, the Knowledge Base and archives here, scratched my head 'til I'm nearly bald... I can't come up with a solution. I've always had Word launch with the press of that button before. And ...

Changing Source excel file causes links in word to fail
I've got a Word document with about 600 links to an excel spreadsheet. Updating the links works fine until the source excel file is changed thenword changes some portion of the links from Unformatted Text to a spreadsheet cell. Changing the links manually or with a macro there are some observed changes in the links. The cells that change are changed from Automatic to Manual and this happens to all of the cells on a single Excel row. There's nothing wrong with the data and the spreadsheet formats are identical. When I go back to the original settings I can change the ...

Column Labels #5
I have a coworker who changed the column labels from letters to numbers. She does not know how she did it. Does anyone know how to change them back to letters. The columns are numbered in all of the worksheets that she opens. Stephanie tools>options>general>settings>ric1 uncheck -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Stephanie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3d7701c52341$aceff2e0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I have a coworker who changed the column labels from > letters to numbers. She does not know how she did it. Do...

how do i set an auto date function in excel or word?
I would like all documnts in both word and excel to automatically date as the document or report is prepared. =NOW() "hpkcommish" wrote: > I would like all documnts in both word and excel to automatically date as the > document or report is prepared. for excell Go to View> Header & footer >custom header footer then click on the clock pic & the date pic (choose 1st if you want it in the left middle or right feild) For word basically the same Cheers peterm "hpkcommish" wrote: > I would like all documnts in both word and excel to automatica...

after native mode switch can't create new mailboxes
We recently switched to Exchange 2003 native mode. Email is working fine in all sites, however when we tried to create our first user post-switch we've found that the mailbox never gets created. Same procedures as before the switch, we run AD Users on the local Exchange server, create the account, specify the server, mailbox store it's part of.... The account gets created and replicated throughout the domain environment, but the email address never gets generated for the user, and the mailbox never gets created on the destination server. We followed all the guidelines for switching ...

Use the same cell from many worksheets to create a chart?
I have a new worksheet for each day, labeled with the date. I want to pull data from the same cell (like "P-3") in each worksheet and put it into a chart. Example: On ten worksheets, pull the data from cell P-3 (arbitrarily called "income"). Then, put that P-3 data into a chart that tracks daily income: the date itself (taken from the worksheet name) plus the data. Any idea how to do this? You need to create a summary region on a worksheet, and use this as the data source for your chart. See this page for more details: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/Char...

No inbound email after creating a new recipient policy
Hi there, I had 2 smpt email address setup in the default policy to get the inbound email working initially. Upon researching, I understand that by default the exchange is set to mixed mode which means only default policy is the only policy that exchange applies regardless. I created a new recipient policy to query company field and applied it. I then changed the exchange to Native mode and restarted the information store. I removed the second smtp address from the default policy. Now i could not receive any emails for the secondary domain via SBS mail connector pop. It picks u...

create .tmp files when saving
Am having a problem with several of my dell machines running window xp professional and office xp pro. when users open an excel file, make a change and save it, then go back in the file, many times it says the file can be open in read only because the file is in use. it then creates a copy of the file using the .tmp as an extension. Why is this happening so frequently. any help would be appreicated. collin Hi Collin Try this first Reboot first and then Delete all the files and subfolders in your \Windows\Temp directory (Win95/98/ME), or your \Documents and Settings\<user>\loc...

Incident should be create automatically like c360 products
With any parameters or config, Incidents should be created automatically like EmailToCase c360 product. Thanks! ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=7b9224b9-28b...

bullets in Word 2007
I am making a style in Word 2007. It has bullets. When I press ENTER twice, I want to go back to the Normal style. Instead I stay in my style but with the bullet gone. Is there any way I can get back to Normal, using ENTER, ENTER? The easiest way to reapply the Normal style after a numbered list would be to just press Ctrl+Shift+N. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Maria" <ma@lexiconsult.se> wrote in message news:d0826bb6-060f-4038-8bb1-14291881cc90@s12g2000yqj.googlegroups.com... >I am making a style in Word 2007. It has bullets. When I press ENTER...

Error message on starting word
on starting up word I get the following message: "Some macros in this template will not run properly in this version of Word. Please contact your administrator or the macro vendor for an updated version of the template." Does any one have any ideas about what is causing this or even better how to fix it. You probably have installed an add-in for an earlier Word version that is incompatible with your current version. See http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm then http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/ProblemsStartingWord.htm or http://support.microso...

Creating scatter plots
How do I create a scatter plot. I've done line and bar graphs but I'm not sure how to do a scatter plot. Also, how can I use data from different tabs in the same excel file to create the graph. Will I need to copy and paste all the data onto another tab? Hi, For a scatter plot you need a set of x and y values. If you only have Y values the x ones will automatically be a sequential series 1 to number_of_Y_points. Ideally you would have you X-values in a column with the Y-values in the next column to the right. You can make Excels job easier at guessing your data layout if you...

Creating help
I wonder how to create help for my project? I've found an .rtf file in the hlp folder of my VC++ 6 project that seems to be the ground for the help. Are you supposed to edit this file somehow? How do you create different pages with links between them in the help? You do it it with a great deal of difficulty in my opinion. What you need is Help Workshop (HCW.EXE) which you already have or you can download from MS with which you edit contents files and compile/test the help. You need MS Word to edit the .rtf files. VS gives you a starter file (AfxCore.rtf) which you modify. You have...

Pasting excel into word
I am pasting excel spreadsheet items into word and all of a sudden it is pasting the grid lines...I do not want the grid lines to show...I have been doing this the same way for years...copy/paste special/picture and never had this problem....help...presentation has to be done tonight Hi, Make sure the gridlines aren't visible in Excel. Note: You'll get a better resolution image if you paste the data in the Excel workbook format. -- Cheers macropod [Microsoft MVP - Word] "Help..." <Help...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8B72F66...

Word randomly changing my figures and tables captions
I'm trying to format a large document, with over 150 tables and figures in it. I've used captions to label them all, but I'm now finding that Word is randomly changing some that I have specified as 'table' to 'figure' and vice versa. This particularly seems to be happening with tables and figures that appear on the same page, but is not restricted to these instances. As soon as I change one caption back to the correct type, the one below will change itself to the wrong type again! I need the captions to remain as I've entered them for my table of f...

How can I hide check box created via FORMS together with column?
Hey guys, how can I hide a check box created using FORMS together with column it is placed in (or in some other way). "Move and size with cell" option is not active in object positioning for check boxes created via FORMS as opposed to those created via CONTROL TOOLBOX. Thanks, Max I think you'll have better luck (pronounced easier time!) with the checkboxes from the Control toolbox toolbar. But maybe you could have a macro that hides the columns/rows and also looks at the objects to see if they should be .visible = false. And the same kind of macro to make the checkbox&#...

user Unavailable when creating an activitiy
I am using CRM 3.0. I was wondering why I keep getting an error message of My name not being available when creating a scheduled assignment and then assigning the assignment to a fellow co-worker. If someone can help it would be appreciated. thanks ...

how do I create a blank HOrizontal Document?
I am trying to make an office document for work. I want to use word just like usual, but i want it to be printed horizontally so it all fits to one page becuase of a bar graph. IDK HELP!!! On Mon, 11 Jan 2010 16:11:01 -0800, nico23 <nico23@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am trying to make an office document for work. I want to use word just >like usual, but i want it to be printed horizontally so it all fits to one >page becuase of a bar graph. IDK HELP!!! Please repost your question in a newsgroup supporting Word. There's no such thing as an "O...

Opening Publisher documents in word.
I have a manager who sends out documents in publisher format. My location does not have publisher. I must send the file to an IT for conversion before I can view it. I cannot equire my superior to change his file format, and I am not permitted to purchase software. I have looked at the news group and there are many posts from people with this problem. In business it does not pay to use a format that others cannot see, or must do extra work for. Why can I not open publisher documents in word? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the s...

Quick Campaigns should store a copy of the word document
When creating a quick campaign with mail-merge by letter, CRM does not store a copy of the word document used. Instead it just stores the name of the template (if one was used). It would be very useful to store one copy of the actual word document (perhaps in the information tab of the quick campaign itself). ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in...