Create a check box for each row

I am trying to create an issues list in excel, and I want to add a check box
in the field as the issue is resolved.
0
Nicholas (5)

Hi Nicholas,

Install by rightclick on sheettab then view code then insert the following:

Private Sub Worksheet_BeforeDoubleClick(ByVal _
       Target As Range, Cancel As Boolean)
   If Target.row = 1 Then Exit Sub  'row 1 s/b column titles
   If Target.Column <> 2 Then Exit Sub
   If UCase(Target.Value) = "P" Then
        Target.Value = ""
   Else
        Target.Value = "P"
   End If
End Sub

Format the entire column  with Symbol Font
 then fix the first row formatting for normal (probably  Arial)  usage so you can see column headings.

If you don't like the style of the tick mark then see
    http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/rexx/htm/symbols.htm#ticks

More information on Event macros

A doubleclick event is a much more positive action than merely
activating a cell.

---
HTH,

"Nicholas" <Nicholas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F653484C-FD2E-4D42-A1F3-DD765C7BDDF0@microsoft.com...
> I am trying to create an issues list in excel, and I want to add a check box
> in the field as the issue is resolved.

How does one view a document created in Publisher.
I have gotten a document (calendar) in .pub format. Word does not recognize it. Is there a viewer? What's the link? I have Office 2000 with the converters installed. Collins wrote: >I have gotten a document (calendar) in .pub format. Word > does not recognize it. Is there a viewer? What's the > link? I have Office 2000 with the converters installed. ==================================== There is no viewer for Publisher files. Maybe you could ask the sender to convert it to a .pdf file. Or you could order the Trial version of Pub2003... which will still function as a viewer a...

Delete Rows #2
I would like to be able to delete a row with a name in it based on a cell with that name from another cell in a different worksheet. Any ideas? Thanks, Bernie That worked great, thank you so much. How do I run the same macro for another name right after this one? Bernie Gary''s Student wrote: > This macro: > > Sub remover() > v = Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A1").Value > For Each r In Sheets("Sheet2").UsedRange > If r.Value = v Then > r.EntireRow.Delete > Exit Sub > End If > Next > End Sub > &g...

Unreconciling Multiple Rows In Money
I would like to know if there is a way to unreconcile multiple rows in Microsoft Money? I can do one at a time, but I need to do a large number of them and don't want to do them one at a time. I've tried to contact Microsoft directly about this but got passed to the company that I bought my machine from, who passed me off to another support number in their company - which tried to charge me for asking this question. Any info on this would be great! Doug In microsoft.public.money, Doug wrote: >I would like to know if there is a way to unreconcile multiple rows in >Microsoft ...

how do i highlight every odd row
I have a spreadsheet that I am constantly deleting and adding rows to but in order to make it easier to read I have every other row highlighted. Well, everytime I cut and paste or insert I lose the formatting on that row and have to spend more time fixing it. How do I highlight every other row and have it stay that way? select your range of rows then delete the current formatting that you got Then go to Format--> conditional formatting Select from the drop down "formula is" and type this =MOD(ROW(),2)=0 and select the desired format by selecting format-pattern "HEA...

Importing five row list from word 2003 to excel
I have a Word five row list I would like to import into Excel in a five column list. Every hundred items or so their is a new heading. What do I do? If it is in a word table you can cut and paste it. But you will have to reformat it. Once you get it into excel you can sort it and delete the duplicate headers. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Slow mail delivery from new Exch 2003 box
I have Exch 2003 installed on my network on a Win2000 server. I've just installed Exch 2003 on a 2003 member server joined to that domain. Now I have two Exch 2003 servers in my Org. I created a test mailbox account on the new Exch 2003 server. Whenever I send email from the test account, it is very slow to arrive (28mins). If I move that mailbox to the old Exch 2003 on the Win2000 server, it arrives to the recipient instantly. If I run the DCDiag & Netdiag tools; Is there anything in particular in need to look for? Please Help anyone! Post some more info on your AD infrastuct...

Creating conditional clause in a module
I am in the process of writing module using vba in ACCESS 2003 which imports forecasted financial data from a particular excel file based on three inputs. I am trying to include an "error check" that will end the process if the three inputs do not match specific data in the excel file. I'm not sure how to go about doing this. Do you have any ideas what the best way to do this would be? Below is the code I have for the import part so far if that is helpful. Sub Test1() Dim ImportDir As String Dim Forecast As String Dim Version As String Dim Country As Stri...

How to create web-based reports from RMS database.
The reports available in RMS is not specific enough for my apparel retail store. I need sell the through rate, average sale, sales/sf, return rate, discount analysis, all broken down by date, week, month, year, category, supplier, and then compare against last year's numbers. I want to create my own web-based reports accessing RMS's SQL database. Does anyone have a template of data access web page so all I have to do is change the SQL statement in getting to the right database table? mas wrote: > The reports available in RMS is not specific enough for my apparel retail > ...

Message Box Title
Is there a way to Center the Title of a Message Box in Access 2003? Thanks No. -- Ken Snell http://www.accessmvp.com/KDSnell/ "accesshacker" <accesshacker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0A383C6B-143C-49D8-ABAC-D705D6A616DB@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to Center the Title of a Message Box in Access 2003? > > Thanks There is a possible kludge with something like: MsgBox("This is a test",vbQuestion+vbYesNo," Centered") It ain't pretty but might work. -- Duane Hook...

MRP not creating planned orders in version 10.0
I'm testing version 10.0 on a test system and using a copy of my live database. Version 8.0 creates a planned PO when QTY Available falls below Order Point Qty. It's not working in 10.0. I've checked all my settings from 8.0 to 10.0 and they all look the same. Is there a setting I'm missing? Thanks, Ken Have you rebuilt your low level codes after the upgrade? -- Tim Foster "KRoy" wrote: > I'm testing version 10.0 on a test system and using a copy of my live > database. Version 8.0 creates a planned PO when QTY Available falls below > Ord...

How to use excel file created in version earlier than 4.0a in 4.0
Thanks to whomever answered my query but when I opened the email the screen was blank. My laptop is sick. My question was and still is, how can I use my Excel files created in a recent version on my laptop in my PC which is loaded only with Excel 4.0a . Please and thanks. -- Thanks, Ajimmo Hi Ajimmo You can't, the file format changes twice since version 4. You need a newer Excel version, a compatible spreadsheet program, or simply a viewer if all you want to do is view / print the file. HTH. Best wishes Harald "ajimmo" <ajimmo@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i m...

How to paste a cells row from Excel to a PowerPoint 2003 Table row?
Hello! How to paste a row of cells from Excel to a PowerPoint 2003 Table row? PowerPoint 2003 pastes all the row cells values in every cell in the row in the PowerPoint table if I select the row in the PP table before the pasting. PP pastes the row as an overlapping column if I place cursor in the first cell of the target row before pasting. Best regards, Dima +7 9163876746 +7 9035093892 ...

Create Pivot Table Reports
I just finished installing Analysis Cube on the server, everything seemed working fine until when I try to create the Pivot Table Report (Tools->Analysis Cubes->Create Pivot Table Reprots). After I called up the pre-defined 'Definition ID' and click on the Excel icon, a message popped up saying " The WHTemplate.XLT file was not found." Anybody have any idea what that is, and how to resolve it?? Thanks. 1.) There are two pieces of software. Did you install both the server piece, and the client piece? 2.) Is Excel installed on the machine, on which you'r...

coloring in rows
Hi Could somebody please help me with the following problem? How do I set a conditional format that if L5,M5, or N5 = �BAD� the highlight the row yellow, otherwise leave it the standard non fil color (clear) Thanks Andre -- kob ----------------------------------------------------------------------- koba's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2863 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=48371 Select Row 5. Format> Conditional Formatting. Formula is: =OR($L5="Bad",$N5="Bad",$M5="Bad") Set ...

Help with creating a formula
Hello! I am trying to create a formula that will sum up certain criteria from one column as it relates to criteria in the same row in another column. For example, I want to sum up all the entries that begin with the letter "H" in column A as it relates to an entry of "2" from column B that is in the same row as the "H" entry from column A. COLUMN A COLUMN B H10 2 G01 2 H09 3 H15 2 H12 2 If there is such a formula...

Creating only a mailbox
I'm doing some DR testing and I was wondering if there is any way to create just a mailbox that isn't associated with an AD account. I could create an account with a mailbox and then disconnect it, but I'd like a way to build hundreds of mailboxes that aren't associated with any AD account. Any help would be great. Thanks. Eric In AD just add it as a Contact instead of a user, this will allow you to give it exchange attributes without an AD account. >-----Original Message----- >I'm doing some DR testing and I was wondering if there is >any way to cre...

Auto-create activity from Mobile
Hi all, We have CRM 4.0 Roll Up 7. We are looking for a solution that offers advanced mobile integration to CRM. We would like the mobile client to auto-generate an Activity in CRM whenever a phone call is made to a CRM contact. Has anyone done this? //Johan Johan; There are a few vendors that offer good mobile solutions. I know for certain that MobileAccess from Ten Digits (http://www.tendigits.com/) has that specific feature. Dave Ireland "Jobro" <Jobro@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4F1B3A1D-E23E-4E49-933F-B221C0DD1ECE@microsoft.com... >...

And introducing... The Default Text Box Add-in!!
Default Text Box for Publisher 2002/2003 allows you to save defaults for text boxes in Publisher 2002 (which before now has been impossible) and to save these defaults for use in future publications (which isn't even possible with Publisher 2003!) Download it now from http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/Publisher/add-ins.htm Go on, give it a go - it's free! -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/ Before reading this message, view the disclaimer: http://mvps.org/the_nerd/disclaim.htm I don't want add-ons for 2002 - I want 2003! "Ed Bennett" <...

Combo Box Problems
I would like to make a combo box in my worksheet do exactly what the Name Box does. When a item in the combo box is selected scroll right or left through the worksheet and find that heading that was selected in the combo box?.....Is there a way to do this? Thanks. On Aug 13, 10:00=A0am, daphoenix <daphoe...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I would like to make a combo box in my worksheet do exactly what the Name= Box > does. When a item in the combo box is selected scroll right or left throu= gh > the worksheet and find that heading that was selected in the combo > bo...

Excel CSV leaving out empty columns from row 17 onwards
Excel omitting commas in random ways !! Anyone come across this ? When I save this file in csv using excel 2003 A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H,I,J,K,L,M,N,O,P,Q,R,S,T,U,V,W,X,Y,Z,AA A,,C,D,,21-Nov-06,27-Nov-06,S,1,2,,3.5,BP,N,O,,,,,,,,,,,, A,,C,D,,21-Nov-06,27-Nov-06,S,1,2,,3.5,BP,N,O,,,,,,,,,,,, A,,C,D,,21-Nov-06,27-Nov-06,B,1,2,,3.5,BP,N,O,,,,,,,,,,,, A,,C,D,,21-Nov-06,27-Nov-06,B,1,2,,3.5,BP,N,O,,,,,,,,,,,, A,,C,D,,21-Nov-06,27-Nov-06,B,1,2,,3.5,BP,N,O,,,,,,,,,,,, A,,C,D,,21-Nov-06,27-Nov-06,B,1,2,,3.5,BP,N,O,,,,,,,,,,,, A,,C,D,,21-Nov-06,27-Nov-06,B,1,2,,3.5,BP,N,O,,,,,,,,,,,, A,,C,D,,21-Nov-06,27-Nov-...

Text Boxes
Hi, I am currently using Excel in Office XP. I have created a small 'Text Box', but have a lot of text in it and I do not want to make the 'Text Box' any bigger. Is there any way that I can place 'Scroll Bars' on the 'Text Box' ? Regards Tappie Hi Tappie A textbox from the Controls Toolbox has a Scrollbars property. A textbox from the Drawing toolbar doesn't. HTH. best wishes Harald "Tappie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i melding news:2890e01c463ff$f1d86ec0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I am currently using ...

ALERT Pop up Box
Hi All I am running a macro that calculates and produces several workbooks for a number of people. What I would like to do is have a pop up box appear on each of their computers just before the macro is ran to ask them to "Get out of their workbooks as the macro is about to be ran". Is this possible? Thnkx Maybe you can add something like this at the start of your code: Dim Resp As Long Resp = MsgBox(Prompt:="Is your workbook closed so the macro can continue", _ Buttons:=vbYesNo) If Resp = vbNo Then Exit Sub End If mellowe wrote: > > Hi Al...

not repeating text boxes in reports with columns
Hello, I am trying to create a report with columns without repeating certain text boxes. Here is an example of what I would like to create: [Date] "Month1" [Date] "Month2" [Date] "Month3" [Product] "Product1": [quantity] [value] [quantity] [value] [quantity] [value] [Product] "Product2": [quantity] [value] [quantity] [value] [quantity] [value] [Product] "Product3": [quantity] [value] [quantity] [value] [quantity] [value] [Product] "Product4": [q...

Move data from column to rows HELP!!!
Hi thanks for taking the time to look at my problem, currently i have column that has thousands of rows of information in it, it looks lik this A 40432 432654 3432 532543 32432 523 53425 532532 532 523 532 111 222 333 666 numbers that go on into mabye the 5000-6000 range what i need to do is have that data moved So it looks like this A | B | C 40432 | 32432 | 532 432654 | 523 | 523 3432 | 52432 | 111 532543 | 532532 | 222 So on and so on, so instead of 1 column with 6000 lines it ...

Excel Question: How to Delete All Blank Rows from a worksheet?
Hi, I'm brand new, and that is my question. I just spent 2 hour laboriously mousing along deleting row by row, every other row thinkin there's gotta be a better way. (I could've done it of course if the were adjacent, but they were interspersed with my good data). I'm little behind the times: agile with keystrokes but less so with mous [think I was quicker in Lotus DOS! (actually "TWIN")]. But I do play mean piano -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Check out: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/deleting.htm#DeleteBlankRows "DaveThePianoGuy >...