Counting words

Can anyone help?

Is there a specific way to count each word in a spreadsheet. (same typ
of word count that you can do in Microsoft Word)  Most cells contain
more than 1 word and some sentences.

Thanks   :confused

--
Diamonell
Diamonelle's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1275

Hi
not really possible. One workaround: Copy your data to MS Word and use
the counting in MS Word

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"Diamonelle" <Diamonelle.1esgva@excelforum-nospam.com> schrieb im
Newsbeitrag news:Diamonelle.1esgva@excelforum-nospam.com...

http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=12756
> View this thread:

frank.kabel (11126)

@Count
I am using Excel 2003. How do I count rows/column with only text in it. Ex: I have 25 rows where column "B" says "PO Received" in each cell. I tried @count(B1-B24), but I only came up with "0" as an answer. What am I doing wrong? Can anyone help me with this, please??? Aurora In Excel formulas are started with an equal = sign. If you start with the "at" sign Excel will change it to the equal sign. To count *text only* : =COUNTIF(B1:B24,"*") That will include cells that contain formula blanks "". To exclude ...

Count only 315 and higher? Count shaded cells?
Hi there, I wonder if some kind soul can help me on these two issues please? I am currently using the formula =COUNT(P2:P21) to count the number of entries in a column. However I now have a need to only count those cells that contain the cost 315 and higher - i.e. ignoring anything under 315 How do I do this? Is it simply a case of altering my formula to read =COUNT(P2:P21 <315) or is there a better/proper way to do it? On a separate issue is there a way to total up the cost of only those cells that are shaded - i.e.. when I reconcile an invoice I shade the box grey to distinguish it...

Mac Word 2008: How can I tile a background or watermark?

Counting an entry to a cell
Using Excel 2007 I would like to get a formula that will allow me to count entries in column C, but if an entry is made in column D that would supersede what is in column C. When an entry is made into column H I would like the total for columns C or D to reflect this i.e. total number counted should drop. I have listed names at top of s/sheet and totals are to sit in H1, H2 etc. Hope you can assist. Let me know if you require additional info. Cheers, Paul You have an answer at your duplicate posting - please do not multi- post. Pete On Aug 7, 10:25=A0am, slavenp <slav...@discussi...

Counting text in a column
I used to think I was good at Excel until this stumped me. I have a column with a variety of text in each cell. Example: A1 bob bob ted ted ted charley charley charley charley, etc. Is there a formula or way I can take the whole column of data and hav it come back with something similar to: bob = 2 ted=3 charley=4 etc. for all the variables in the column? Please help, I am dying over here -- prom4 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- prom4x's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2901 View this thread: http://www...

Array Formula isn't summing but counting
I need to sum information based on several other criteria -- accoun number, sort codes, company names. The array formul {=SUM(A1:F25="A")*(E1:E25>0))} returns a count rather than a sum Does anyone know of a way get it to add my data rather than countin how many? Staci -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi if you want to sum column E try the array formula =SUM((A1:F25="A")*(E1:E25>0)*(E1:E25)) or a non array formula =SUMPRODUCT((A1:F25="A")*(E1:E25>0),E1:E25) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > I need to sum information ...

Count Rows When Using Auto-Filter
Using the auto-filter function I need to count the number of rows returned each time I select a new value. I can do a COUNTA (&#8211;1 to allow for the header row), on the column that counts all the rows but when I use the filter I still get the total count not a count of the reduced quantity by the filter. Can anyone help? Nick use the subtotal function with a first argument of 3 =subtotal(3,A2:A300) as an example. Make sure the column you do the counta on will have values in all rows. -- regards, Tom Ogilvy "Nick" <ner@westnet.com.au> wrote in message news:15...

Missing Fonts in Word Art

Word to Excel #2
I cant seem to find a forum for MS Word so I am posting this query here. I have a Word document with 926 pages in it. It has been created from a mail merge so each individual page is a new letter with an address at the top of it. Unfortunately we have lost the orginal source file. Does any one know of a way to strip the first 6 or 7 lines out of a Word doucment and put them into Excel? Thanks David Price Technical Support ABI Building Data Ltd www.abibuildingdata.com There is a forum for Word, it's under this section (Office) and Word (at the very bottom). >-----Original Mes...

Yahoo text has multiple deletions since '08 Word was installed
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel I've probably made some basic error with installing Office: mac 2008. Since doing so, I can't read much of anything on Yahoo. Many letters are missing; some are squished together. Is there are a problem with font compatibility? I'd welcome any suggestions on how to fix the problem. Otherwise, I'll need to uninstall and try again, which I suppose is not a bad initial strategy. Please help. Simply shut the computer down, turn it off, then restart. When you restart, you force a rebuilt of the font caches, ...

How do I create an 11 X 17 document in Word?
I am trying to create an 11X17" document in Word and I get a message that my margins don't fit. When I go to print preview about 1/3 of the document isn't showing. The same thing happens in Publisher. What am I doing wrong? I'll bet your printer can't handle an 11 x 17 sheet of paper. You need drivers for one that does. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "A vexed teacher" <A vexed teacher@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6E978CF3-208B-4174-B83A-A2469D5241CE@microsoft.com... >I am trying to create an 11X17" document ...

Counting cells which have some numerical value...
Gurus, In Excel, how do I "count" a value of a cell as "1" if it has a numerical value inside (for example, 2.50), and count it as "0" if the cell is blank, such that at the bottom of the column I will have a total count of all non-blank cells? -- Spin =count() will count all the cells with numbers =counta() will count all the cells with anything--including formulas that evaluate to "" =countblank() will count the number of blank cells--including the formulas that evaluate to "" Spin wrote: > > Gurus, > > In Excel,...

Word 2007 Find/Highlight Function
In Word 2007, the Find function allows you to find and highlight words or phrases in a document. However, saving the document with those 'found' words highlighted does not save the highlighted text. Additionally, if searching for multiple different words in a document, when you search on a 2nd or subsequent word, the 1st or previous 'found' word highlight all disappear. This functionality was possible in Word 2003 and XP environment. Question: In Word 2007, is there a way to highlight and keep highlighted multiple word searches/highlighted words and save the do...

Help with counting rows
I have a datafeed that comes to me everyday via email , every day the feed had slighty different rows as it has different updated products i.e. somedays 999 , 1001 etc. What i need to do is run a macro so when the excel file arrives to count the number of rows and then add the letter "y" in a 3 new columns . At the moment i have to do it manually is this easy to do Paul iLastRow = Range("A1").End(xlDown) Range("B1").Resize(iLastRow,3).Value = "y" -- HTH Bob Phillips (remove nothere from email address if mailing direct) <plm11111@h...

Stock Count Schedules
Does anyone know what tables the stock count schedules are located in? Our schedules are manually created line by line and we have 15 different schedules. I would like to physically copy these files so I can replace them if needed. Vinnie Not a bad plan, the two tables you want are IV10300 and IV10301. If you have serialized or lotted items or multiple units of measure, copy also IV10302 and IV10303. Be sure to visit our booth in Convergence, #624 -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP Documentation for Software Users For help learning and better using Dynamics GP,... check...

Query Does Not Count "2" Records
Good Evening Everyone... I have a bit of a logical puzzle that I need to solve. I have various queries which have various criteria for them. One query involves retirees or spouses being under the age of 65 and the other involves retirees or spouses being over the age of 65. Both the retiree and spouse are listen in the same records and on one line of the master table and queries. The situation that I am running into is that I can have a retiree who is over 65 and a spouse under 65 and the record comes up twice in the two different queries b/c it meets the criteria, which is perfect. What...

wondering if i can do this in Word
I have a document of about 40 pages, with page breaks that i have placed. At the moment I would like to get rid of these breaks and have a unified document Would it be possible to somehow eliminate all the page breaks with one action, as in for example "find and replace", or do I have to go about it individually, eliminating each page break? thanks. Find and replace should do it. Open the find and replace dialog. With the cursor in the find what box, click the More button and then Special. You'll see a list of special characters and features you can search for, ...

Outlook 2003 and Word XP?
Outlook 2003 seems to deny me the option to use Word as its editor. Is there a way around this? MK _______________________________________________________________________ Michael Kenward Words for sale Not that I know of other then upgrading to Word 2003. Office does not like to work with mixed components. -- Tedd Riggs PDA Square Content Developer www.pdasquare.com Redmond, WA <kenward@ukgateway.net> wrote in message news:hn70701gt9liv11glcvjn5q2qu99anhi9d@4ax.com... > Outlook 2003 seems to deny me the option to use Word as its...

Set Cell Padding on word tables with merged cells
Dear Experts: Below macro sets certain padding values for the selected table. Regrettably it fails to work on tables with merged cells. Have you got any idea how to re-write the code so that tables featuring merged cells also get worked on? Help is much appreciated. Thank you very much in advance. Regards, Andreas Sub SetPadding Dim myCell As Cell Dim myRow As row Dim myTable As Table Set myTable = Selection.Tables(1) For Each myRow In myTable.rows For Each myCell In myRow.Cells myCell.TopPadding = CentimetersToPoints(0) myCell.BottomPadding = C...

How to generate MS Word documents (CRM3.0)
�ste es un mensaje de varias partes en formato MIME. ------=_NextPart_000_001E_01C8A624.D4495BB0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi: =20 We need Dynamics CRM generates MS Word documents merging CRM data and = static Word templates. As far as we know, there isn't a simple way to = have this functionality in place, so there are some third parties = selling such type of add-on. =20 Do you know any good product (and cheap) being capable to perform a mail = merge and generating Word documents? Note: Documents we need ...

search of a string in a cell and counting occurences using COUNTIF
i need to separate out items which are in a column with cells containing 1 or more of these items delimited by commas. i need to export them to another worksheet within the spreadsheet which lists down the items individually per cell and then, i need to count the occurences. i tried to use the asterisk i.e. '*cell_contents*' in the countif formula but i get an error. please help! ** Posted via: http://www.ozgrid.com Excel Templates, Training, Add-ins & Business Software Galore! Free Excel Forum http://www.ozgrid.com/forum *** To whom it may concern, I do not know what your questi...

normal was being edited by another word session
hi frnz, i am getting this error every time.how can avoid it Thanks in advance Hari.A Ensure all copies of Winword.exe are closed - check with CTRL+ALT+DEL > proocesses. Then see http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><&l...

Edit a word in many publisher files
> I need to change one word in a few hundred documents in Publisher. > I can: > open each file>Ctrl'M'>highlight and paste the text> save and open the next. > This is very lengthy, surely somone will have some software to do bulk > changes to a large numbr of files.Pleasehelp me if you can ...

Word file is not opening. Windows cannot find it..
While using word on my computer I have been getting this message. Windows cannot find 'C: /Users/XXXXXX/Desktop/Folder name/Resume.docx' (XXXXXX to protect name). Make sure you type the name correctly, and then try again. The only way I can get it open is to open word then select the file again from its location. Any help would be appreciated. Do you have any add-ins installed? Try running Word in Safe Mode to see if that resolves the problem, then remove any problematic add-ins. You can open any Office or Office family program in Office Safe Mode by pressing CTRL whi...

Word 2004 crashes when editing document
Hello, I am using Word 2004 for OS X. Today, Word 2004 began crashing whenever I tried to edit a specific document. I downloaded the Office update (11.1, I think), and it still crashed. I removed Office, removed all preferences, re-installed Office and the update, and Word still crashes. Thank you in advance for your help. The error log follows: Microsoft Error Reporting log version: 1.0 Error Signature: Exception: EXC_BAD_ACCESS Date/Time: 2005-01-16 17:18:55 -0500 Application Name: Microsoft Word Application Version: 11.1.0.040910 Module Name: Microsoft_Drawing_2001Z Module Version: 11....