Counting the amount of paydays between two dates

Hello

I am currently unemployed but I have just created a spreadsheet i
Excel 97 to help me to work out some savings when I get a new job(!)

In A1 I have a start date (01/11/2004)
In A2 I have an end date (01/11/2005)

Is there a formula that will tell me how many paydays there will b
between the two dates, if I specify the date of the first payday in
for example, cell B1

Sample only:
In B1 - enter say 14 (If paid Bi-Weekly) or  enter   7 (If Paid Weekly)
In C1 - enter    =INT((A2-A1)/B1)
HTH

"Prospero >" <<Prospero.1bssw2@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message
> Hello
>
> I am currently unemployed but I have just created a spreadsheet in
> Excel 97 to help me to work out some savings when I get a new job(!)
>
> In A1 I have a start date (01/11/2004)
> In A2 I have an end date (01/11/2005)
>
> Is there a formula that will tell me how many paydays there will be
> between the two dates, if I specify the date of the first payday in,
> for example, cell B1?
>

> ---

jmay (696)
8/30/2004 11:04:15 AM
On Mon, 30 Aug 2004 05:58:52 -0500, Prospero
<<Prospero.1bssw2@excelforum-nospam.com>> wrote:

>I am currently unemployed but I have just created a spreadsheet in
>Excel 97 to help me to work out some savings when I get a new job(!)
>
>In A1 I have a start date (01/11/2004)
>In A2 I have an end date (01/11/2005)
>
>Is there a formula that will tell me how many paydays there will be
>between the two dates, if I specify the date of the first payday in,
>for example, cell B1?

Why not just put the first pay date in A1?

However, working from the example that you gave, bear in mind that it
will ALSO depend on how often you get paid. Let's say that you put the
number of days between payments in B2, directly under your first pay
date. The following formula will do it for you:

=INT((A2-B1)/B2)+1

Good luck with finding a job.

Hank Scorpio
scorpionet who hates spam is at iprimus.com.au (You know what to do.)
* Please keep all replies in this Newsgroup. Thanks! *
0
ApolloXVIII (173)

CDateTime and how to get current date/time format
HI, I would like to display a 24H-hour format in a CDateTime Control so I know the SetFormat method but how can I get the current date/time format string ? mosfet a �crit : > HI, > > I would like to display a 24H-hour format in a CDateTime Control so I > know the SetFormat method but how can I get the current date/time format > string ? > > > Ok I answer to myself : GetLocaleInfo(LOCALE_USER_DEFAULT, LOCALE_STIMEFORMAT, szTimeFtm, 32); ...

Wrong date/time format
I have a table that is written to programmatically that has fields for INDATE and OUTDATE. In my stupidity, the line of code that records the date for these fields is: !INDATE = Now, instead of: !INDATE = Date The date is recorded in General format a la: 1/12/2008 3:01:57 PM. AFAIK, there is no way to query the table for a days worth of records, unless the query asks for them down to the second, which is impossible. Is there some way to write the query that will extract based on only the days in either of these fields? Also, can I write an update query or some code that will truncate th...

how are dates formated in a newsletter
Would like to know the formal way to enter dates in newsletters With elbow length white gloves, of course. (It's a matter of personal preference.) -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Newsletter Dates" <Newsletter Dates@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:08814980-224D-4668-8807-001C7C93CBE9@microsoft.com... > Would like to know the formal way to enter dates in newsletters Insert, date and time, there are a variety of choices. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "N...

Payment Terms, Due Date
Dear friends, I'm using the Microsoft Money Plus Home & Business, and don't know how to create new Payment Terms (like Net90) in the Invoice Details. One other question that I have is: How to change the Due Date in the Accounts Receivable? I'm trying to change the Invoice's Due Date to a specific date but don't have success. Tks, Olyntho ...

Set Deafult time for a date
hi I have a date-time field on the form. however when the user enters a date it always sets the time to 12:00 AM. i want to change this to 12:00 PM or something reasonable. can someone please advice me how to go about this. thanks heaps in advance regards Ridhima You could try this: http://www.w3schools.com/jsref/jsref_setHours.asp The place to put your script is the onchange event of the date field/ on save event of the form. *********************************** var dateVar = crmForm.all.<date field>.DataValue; dateVar.setHours(12); crmForm.all.<date field>.DataValue = da...

Counting if settings are "Final", or "Draft"
Hello Good Samaritans, I have a spreadsheet which has a list of documents in it. Some are classified as "Draft" and some are "Final". The classification is always stored in Column B. I want to extract the number of "Draft" and "Final" each week (ending on Friday) . The problem is COUNTIF doesn't do this without a unique formula for each week. Is there another function that can be used? Here's a sample of my spreadsheet: A1 S:/Tax1Volume/Forms_03/01_Sep_03 A2 Draft Doc A A3 S:/Tax1Volume/Forms_03/02_Sep_10 ...

Complex Count function with a condition
Hello, I have a table named, tbl_pt_records as shown below. ID AdmitDate EndDate AdType Place Comments NH 1*01 4/15/2009 4/27/2009 InitialAdmit Hospital Discharge to Home ABC 1*01 5/1/2009 5/3/2009 Readmit Hospital Discharge to Nursing ABC 1*01 5/3/2009 5/5/2009 InitialAdmit Nursing Still at Nursing ABC 1*01 5/5/2009 5/15/2009 Readmit Hospital Discharge to Nursing ABC 2*05 9/1/2009 9/5/2009 InitialAdmit Hospital Discharge to Nursing ABC I need to count all cases where AdType = "Readmit" with the condition...

Two bars for a Chart with a Secondary Axis
I need to create a bar chart that shows hours worked and documents reviewed by about 6 individuals. Because the hours worked are between 2 and 18 hours and the documents reviewed range from 45 to 1800, I edited the chart to have a secondary y axis. My problem is that as soon as I did it, the 2 bars that show each individual's work (hours and docs) that were adjacent to one another now are combined into a single bar per individual. Is there any way to separate them back into separate bars? Thanks for any help! Greg Greg, You can do so by adding a set of dummy series to the chart. T...

Synchronisation between two locations
Hi, We are having Primary Mail Server at one location on windows 2003/Exchange 2003. Same set up is there at Another location acting as a secondary server. Users can work at any place. We are getting mails too like that. Only problem is When Primary server is Down or our WAN is down Secondary Server should act independently means local users should get mails within the Unit. Any thing we can do with Member Server concept? We are having the remote location set up as Member Server. Any thing needs to be changed in the setting ? Or Additional Domain Controller Helps in any way? Will it ...

count the number of rows with entries greater than zero
i need a formula that will look at the information in a range of column within a row. if the number in a column is greater than zero, then i need to add one to the total. this will allow me to know the number of columns with values greater than zero. =COUNTIF(A2:Z2,">0") -- Best Regards, Luke M "r2rcode" <r2rcode@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3C5B05F0-39E5-49F7-B93C-45F70851AD50@microsoft.com... >i need a formula that will look at the information in a range of column > within a row. if the number in a column is great...

formula for multiple criteria inc. date range
Hello, I am new to this site and need help with a problem I am having on Excel. I am trying to count the number of cells in column Q that have a "Y" in it, provided that the date in column A is between 27/02/10 and 06/03/10. Does this make sense?? I have tried; =SUMPRODUCT((A14:A1000<="06/03/10")*(A14:A1000>="27/02/10")*(Q14:Q1000="Y")) but this just returns a 0. Can anybody help please? Hi, One way =SUMPRODUCT((A14:A1000<=DATE(2010,3,6))*(A14:A1000>=DATE(2010,2,27))*(Q14:Q1000="Y")) But I suggest you keep the...

Bank of America Bill Payment Dates
Hey guys, I have been using BOA for bill payments through Money for a while. A few months ago my payments started showing up in my register up to one week earlier in dates and dont fix untill the payment posts on the day I actually set it up to pay. This is annoying becouse my money register is never accurate becouse of this. Anyone know now to make it so when I schedule EPAYments they show the correct date in the register????? Thanks, Bryan I use BoA bill pay and have seen the same thing. It appears that the day they have to pull the money to meet the payment (4 days on one that wil...

Macro to goto specific cell (todays date)
i have a sheet set up as follows A B C 1 John Andrew Steve 2 01-01-2010 3 01-02-2010 4 01-03-2010 5 01-04-2010 this sheet goes up to the end of the year 12-31-2010 what i am looking for is a macro that when upon opening the document brings the user to the row corisponding to the current days date. Hi One way Sub Auto_Open() Sheets("Sheet1").Activate Rows(Date - DateSerial(2010, 1, 1) + 2).Activate End Sub -- Regards ...

Email problem between two domains
If anyone has any suggestions to this problem, I would love to hear them. I have a domain (trpcomm.com). I have a business partner with a domain (oci.cc). We have sent email between the two domains for 3+ years. Recently, email sent from either domain to the other domain do not go through. I have no idea what happened but can not figure it out. The oci mail is handled by SBS 2003. They host their own mail. My server is running SBS 2003 but is using the POP3 connector to download mail from my mail server and deliver it to the correct exchange mailbox. I have made sure no spam filters ar...

Can we apply the payable invoice by two different checks?
For example: The amount of invoice is $500k Can we use two different checks (200K & 300K) to apply it? What is the detailed steps of doing so? Thanks, Alexis Alexis, you most certainly can do that. When you are creating or entering the check, click on Apply and manually type in the amount you want to pay in the Apply Amount column. -- Victoria Yudin Microsoft MVP - Great Plains "Alexis" <Alexis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:749FCEE7-EA32-4476-AA7C-1D69D89FD8A5@microsoft.com... > For example: > The amount of invoice is $500k > Can we use...

Changing date formats?
I'm pretty sure this can be done but if I tried on my own, I'll probabl fail or do a lot more than I need to... so here's my problem. In on column, I have data (about 10,000 rows or more) in terms of a dat format, BUT it's not really the format I want. How do I go from: Original: 20060105 to New: 1/5/2006 I don't want to manually change each record because it'll be too long I tried format cells and it didn't work. However, I noticed that if I put a "/" between the year, month, an day, like so: 2006/01/05, it automatically becomes 1/5/2006. Is there s...

Formula to Count keywords in cells
I have a spreadsheet that has a Column I want to contain either of the following words "STOCK" or MODERATE" or "EXTREME". I want to get a count of each Value and place that in a different Cell I know it can be done I just cant seem to get the proper syntax. Can someone show me how?? One way: =COUNTIF(I:I,"STOCK") =COUNTIF(I:I,"MODERATE") =COUNTIF(I:I,"EXTREME") if the words might show up with other words in the cell: =COUNTIF(I:I,"*STOCK*") etc. In article <khrdj05r850rj5f21t197378ns1v9lj13a@4ax.c...

Combine two loans? 2003
This question come from a 'lender' perspective. I hold two loans which I want to combine into one. How do I set this up so that the new loan pays off the balance on the original loans? There is a way to do this which is not documented on the Knowledge Base. Unless someone out there can give you the steps via the newsgroup, I'd call Money tech support. >-----Original Message----- >This question come from a 'lender' perspective. > >I hold two loans which I want to combine into one. How do I set this up so >that the new loan pays off the balance on th...

Find most recent date
I'm somewhat of a newbie....so bear with me. What I've got is a table that has contains various companies, products, pricing, and what I'd call a time stamp date.....basically as a price for a product changes....it is input in the table and the current date is input. It consists of the following: TrackingID Autonumber Company Number Product Number Date Date/Time Price Currency How could I create a query from this that would prompt the user for a date. Once the date is input, what I'd like to have it retrieve is esentially a pr...

Microsoft CRM in two domains in same forest?
Hi, I'd like to ask if it is possible to install Microsoft CRM in two domains within the same forest. Each domains would have its own Domain Controllers, Web Server and SQL Servers to install Microsoft CRM. What do you think? Thanks ! Sylvain "Sylvain Belanger" <sylvain.belanger@proximi-t.com> wrote in message news:%238YS1XyaEHA.3476@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I'd like to ask if it is possible to install Microsoft CRM in two domains > within the same forest. Each domains would have its own Domain Controllers, > Web Server and SQL Servers to i...

How do I make a two-sided placecard?
I would like to make a placecard on an 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of paper so that when it is folded, it will show the name on the front and back. Consequently, the back would have to appear upside down before it is printed. Set the page to Landscape orientation. Then insert either a 2-column-by-1-row table or two text boxes to occupy the two halves of the page. Use the Text Direction command on the right-click menu to turn the text in the left-hand box 90 degrees clockwise, and the text in the right-hand box 90 degrees counterclockwise. An alternative is to use WordArt, or paste in ro...

2005, Deposits, and sales tax, or one depsoit into two different a
Is it possible in Money 2005 to do the following: Let say for example that I receive a payment for $90.00, and there is 5.9 percent tax on that item. The total purchase price is 95.31. In stead of having the entire 95.1 go into one account, I want the 90.00 to go into a different account then the 5.31. You can do something like this with Spliting the account, but that only works for the categories, I want the entire deposit to be split between the two accounts. Is there a way to do this? In microsoft.public.money, Airport wrote: >Is it possible in Money 2005 to do the follow...

Timeline with critical date markers
I want to create a chart which shows a series of data inflating over time, with vertical bars marking critical points in time. These critical dates are input in individual cells in the spreadsheet, rather than being series. I don’t want to just ‘draw’ lines and overlay them on the chart because the critical points will change when the dates change. Any ideas? Hi, Here is a collection of examples for adding lines to charts. http://andypope.info/charts/averageline.htm http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/charts/straight_lines/index.html http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/DummySeries.html#Ad...

Two Condition
I am trying to pull value when two conditions are met. want to count column "B" when it = "ETARC" and when column "J" is = "0" or a negative number. I have tried =COUNTIF(B11:B26,"=ETARC")+COUNTIF(J8:J24,""<>0) the formula is only pulling the column "B" infor and the same number for column "J". My answer should be 6 for column "B" and 2 for column "J", instead I am getting the same 6 for the entire data reading only column "B" xl2007 has a new =countifs() functi...

Combining Two Seperate Companies Window's Infrastructure
My company just did an acquisition and we are in a process of Integrating our networks. For discussion sake lets call Company A & Company B. For now, Company A has windows 2003 environment. It's in native mode. We have one forest for Company A which has an empty root domain. We have two child domains in this forest. One child domain is for corporate office network and other is for Our production network. We do have users and service accounts in both Domains and a two way trust relationship is built between both domains. We have a Exchange server 2003 (with Sp1) in corporate network d...