counting same text from different cells

Hi I was Trying to count text such as "p" for pass from different cell in
excel but i am not sure what is the formula for that.

It will be really helpful if u could send me the solution

thank you

om
0
Om1 (12)

Hi
=COUNTIF(A1:A100,"p")

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"om" <om@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Hi I was Trying to count text such as "p" for pass from different
cell in
> excel but i am not sure what is the formula for that.
>
> It will be really helpful if u could send me the solution
>
> thank you
>
> om

0
frank.kabel (11126)

Customized Text Fields
I am having a problem seeing the data from customized text fields in the Resource Usage view. For example I have a text field for charge numbers that are assigned to each task. I can view it in the Ghantt Chart. However, when I go to the Resource Usage view and insert that text column the data doesn't appear. -- DJW In article <2A53FDE3-F008-4134-838C-268B567209F8@microsoft.com>, DWilliams <DWilliams@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am having a problem seeing the data from customized text fields in the > Resource Usage view. For example I...

Copy contents of cells if cell contains information
I have a column of cells, say A1:A30 in a few different spreadsheets. Some of these spreadsheets contain information within these cells (not formulae, but just typed info) and some don't contain information. Now, in a new spreadsheet, I would like to copy the contents of these cells (columns) if there is information in them. So for example, in spreadsheet 1, i have information, speadsheet 2 i don't, spreadsheet 3 I do, i would like my information to be copied into a new cell as follows:- information 1 information 2 Any advice? Thanks Hi, Test this on sample (or backed-up) work...

How do I change the text on each label? I dont want the same info.
I want to print labels 6 per page; however, I want to control whats on each label. Only one label appears on screen at one time. How do I get all the labels to appear on the screen prior to printing so I can modify each one. You will have to setup your page manually. Take a look at the margins and gaps when you select your preferred label. Using these dimensions -- for example, label 5164 -- Arrange, Layout guides, type .16 left & right, .5 top and bottom, grid guides, 2 columns .19 spacing, 3 rows, zero spacing. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "CCU" <CCU@disc...

Can you move text boxes in slide show view
I'm doing a project and on 2 of the slides I am writing about disposal of waste with gaps where given words can be entered. Is it possible to place these given words in text boxes that the student can choose the correct text box and move and put in the right location in Slide Show view. Only with pretty complex vba cose. There's an example here: http://officeone.mvps.org/vba/mousemove_shape.html -- john ATSIGN PPTAlchemy.co.uk Free PPT Hints, Tips and Tutorials http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/powerpoint_hints_and_tips_tutorials.html "PP Darlington" ...

Scatter Chart Axis as text in C# Web appl
Hi, I've created a Scatter Chart in OWC11 in C# and the X axis must display dates instead of numbers, I do it using the code below: .... string x= "10/2/2004 12:00:00 AM\t10/2/2004 12:00:00 AM\t10/5/2004 12:00:00 AM\t10/5/2004 12:00:00 AM\t10/6/2004 12:00:00 AM\t10/7/2004 12:00:00 AM\t10/8/2004 12:00:00 AM\t"; string y = 1\t2\t76\t67\t...."; objChart.SeriesCollection[0].SetData(OWC11.ChartDimensionsEnum.chDimCategories, (int)OWC11.ChartSpecialDataSourcesEnum.chDataLiteral, "Scatter Charts Series 1"); objChart.SeriesCollection[0].SetData (OWC11.ChartDimensi...

Correct formulas in cells, have to retype to work
At work we have a worksheet that was used for all of 2004. Formulas worked fine. At the beginning of the year we made a new worksheet from 2004 and called it 2005. Lately when we put numbers in the cells are not adding up. Example...cell reads =p64+s+64. So the formulas is correct but for some reason it is performing the way it should. If I re-enter the formula then it is fine but I do not want to have to redo all of the page. Any suggestions Is calculation set to manual? Try Tools / options / Calculation - change to automatic Does hitting F2 and then enter on any of these cells...

Cell Linking to Chart Headings
I need to work out how to link part of a chart heading within excel to a cell from another tab within the same excel spreadsheet. The purpose of this is to be able to change one cell in another tab and have it link through to the headings of various charts in other tabs. Can anyone help? You can link a chart title, axis title, data label, or textbox in a chart to a cell. Select the text element in the chart, press the equals key, then select the cell with the mouse. The cell reference appears after the equals sign in the formula bar: =Sheet1!$A$1 The text element in the chart will ...

how can you view cells from different worksheets in to one sheet,.
hi, I have multiple worksheets, more than 200 of them, and i wanted to summarize some cells in to one sheet, I know how to do it by entering the code manually (='7'!$D2), this shows cell d2 in sheet 7, but is there a function to do that like drag or something? You can use this macro myasin http://www.rondebruin.nl/summary.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "myasin" <myasin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:07759D01-70FE-416A-B54B-009646C2C365@microsoft.com... > hi, > I have multiple worksheets, more than 200 of them, and i...

Date difference 03-07-07
I am trying to use the DateDiff expression, but want the result to display 2 decimal places? DateDiff returns a Long Integer, so displaying decimal places doesn't make sense.-- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVPhttp://I.Am/DougSteele(no e-mails, please!)"Brian T" <BrianT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:74DD4D38-C994-49EB-9F5B-16F2759A5383@microsoft.com...>I am trying to use the DateDiff expression, but want the result to display >2> decimal places? You can format the result as a string, or convert it to a Double orSingle, but you'll only get 0&...

Excel clicking selects multiple cells instead of a single cell
Excel clicking selects multiple cells instead of a single cell try pressing the F8 key it allows you to select multiple cells and may have been hit by accident "texmaam" wrote: > Excel clicking selects multiple cells instead of a single cell If you're using xl2007, try changing the zoom factor. texmaam wrote: > > Excel clicking selects multiple cells instead of a single cell -- Dave Peterson ...

Add a tick in a cell
Hi all, I want to add a tick sign in a cell, but I don't know where to find a tick sign. Anyone can help ? et "et" <elingtse@rediffmail.com> wrote in news:#z7#YYvsFHA.3852@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl: > I want to add a tick sign in a cell, but I don't know where to find a > tick sign. You could either use a tich box or a symbol font. Wingdings has one under Alt-0252 -- It is I, DeauDeau (Free after monsieur Leclerc in 'Allo, 'allo) "et" <elingtse@rediffmail.com> wrote in message news:%23z7%23YYvsFHA.3852@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... &g...

Cell text formatting
Hi, I am working with cells that are formatted as Text and set to Wrap. However, when I enter text that wraps to multiple lines, and I move focus off of that cell, all that appears there are ##################### characters. If I select the cell again, I can see that the data still exists there. Has anyone seen this? If so, what causes this? And how does one fix this? Thanks in advance, Tom . ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ The # symbol indicat...

Wrapping Text
I have the cell set up but I have too many characters for it to display - does anyone know how many character's you can have in a cell or can you extend how many characters can be displayed in a cell? Hi the maximum is 1,024 characters. BUT you can extend this limit by manually entering linebreaks every 1000 characters with ALT+ENTER. This allows up to 32000 characters in a cell (which is not viewable of course...) >-----Original Message----- >I have the cell set up but I have too many characters for it to display - >does anyone know how many character's you can have ...

Sequentially Increment a Text Field Based on Select Criteria
I need to automatically assign a sequential number based on the last four positions of a text field on a form based on the maximum value of part of the field +1 and based on the matching the value of the same field to that of a record in another table. In Table Service-Contracts I have a text field titled ARL TRACKING NO. Sample values are as follows: ARL-2009-0001 ARL-2009-0002 ARL-2009-0003 ARL-2010-0001 ARL-2010-0002 ARL-2010-0003 ARL-2010-0004 In Table FISCAL-YEAR I have a field called FY and there is one record which equals “2009”. In the sample above, I expec...

Cells(#,#).Value conversion #2
Hey I want to grab a serialized date and turn it into an integer in my vba what is the proper conversion for this ? example: Dim startDate As Integer Dim endDate As Integer startDate = ActiveRow.Cells(1, 2).Value endDate = ActiveRow.Cells(1, 3).Value A date is already an integer, just format it as General. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Alexandre Brisebois (www.pointnetsolutions.com)" <alexandre.brisebois@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1122998952.048872.181990@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hey I want to grab a serialized...

Concatenating non adjacent cells 01-29-10
Hello - I am trying to create a field that concatenates cells that are populated from the previous 12 cells on that row, but excluding blanks and adding a * delimited character between each instance. Please find a 4 column example below ID 1 2 3 4 Result required Z A C D A*C*D Y B C B*C X A B D A*B*D I will be applying this to a 2007 version spreadsheet containing in excess of 10,000 lines. There will be at least 5 blank cells on each row. Many than...

Copying a range to different worksheets/workbooks
I have a spreadsheet which contains a list as follows Sorted by Col A then G. A G H I J Abbot 27-Oct-2003 London 24 13 Abbot 20-Feb-2002 Norwich 22 08 Abbot 29-Apr-2001 Hull 20 02 Abbot 04-Jun-2000 Grantham 19 12 Brown 20-May-2004 Newark 35 14 Brown 06-Jul-2002 Sheffield 35 06 Brown 23-Mar-2002 London 33 12 Brown 18-Sep-1960 Wo...

count how long it will takes for a number to repeat
I need help creating a equation to count how long it takes for a number to repeat. For example: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 1 so it takes 7 calls for number 1 to repeat. thanks EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice XML/XSL VB Tester http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/5ab62461-e3bc-4e21-9b2c-13f77a74daff/xmlxsl-vb-tester.aspx >it takes 7 calls for number 1 to repeat. >>it takes 8 calls for number 1 to repeat. Try this array formula** : =IF(COUNTIF(A1:K1,1)>1,SMALL(IF(A1:K1=1,COLUMN(A1:K1)),2)-COLUMN(A1)+1-MATCH(1,A1:K1,0),"") ** array ...

Excel 2003
Hi Guys: There is probably no way to beat this, but it's worth a try. I am downloading a list and if count this list with the following formula it gives me what I would expect. Column A = 285 names (contiguious) (Starts in row 2) Formula =COUNTA(A:A) gives me 285 Because this list includes a lot of repeats and I am interested in a count of unique names, I sort the list. Then in column B(B2) I insert the formula =IF(A1=A2,"",A2) and copy it down. This gives me a list with lots of holes where the repeat name occur. I use the formula: = COUNTA(B:B) and expected a number much les...

can't edit text in text boxes
what could possibly cause this (I'm out of areas to look) I'm in the process of developing a project and have a main menu form with various controls, text boxes, tabs, etc (the usual stuff) Suddenly (by accident, I notice that I can't edit any of the textboxes... all of the other controls work, just not the text... - the boxes are enabled and allow edits... - the form is enabled... - the form's data source is correct (I think.. the text boxes are filling in with the correct information... - the data source is a 1-record table); - if I open the data table in data sheet view...

Full Text Indexing
I have enabled full text indexing on Exchange 2003 with the purpose of being able to search through all user's email folders for a key word. Even after doing this, it appears that I can only search my own folders. I am doing the search with the Advanced Find in Outlook 2003 and have disabled cached mode (have also tried OWA). I followed the steps for setting up FTI. It has generated the indexes (over 200k). I also set it to allow clients to do searchs on the FTI, but it does not seem to function... at least not how I would expect. 1. Am I wrong in assuming that I should be able to ...

Problem with Inventory Stock Count
We are currently entering our annual inventory. We have an Item that uses s/n. The count came in at 12, 12 were 'captured', 3 allocated. When we enter the 12, tab, we go to s/n window, mark all 12 s/n as counted and the system tells us we have a variance of -9! Upon enter 12 counted, the s/n window pops up and shows: s/n counted <12>, item counted 12, as we changefrom 'not set' to 'counted', it will show s/n counted 0, item counted qty, 12. PLEASE HELP! Pam What version (major and minor) are you using? Richard L. Whaley www.AccoladePublications.com &quo...

How to format an entire row a certain color depending on the value in a cell?
Howdy, Can anyone of you excel gods help me with the following? I have a small spreedsheet (excel 2003) set up like the following to help me keep track of my music collection: A B C D 1 Title Artist Year Format (1=LP, 2=CD, 3=Tape) 2 HardDaysNight Beatles 1966 1 3 Crossroads Eric Clapton 1985 2 I would like to know at a glance by color coding, what the ratio of LPs,CDs,&Tapes make up my collection. I've figured o...

Copying values into another cell
I have an average knowledge of Excel. I am looking for a formula so I can copy the values in column "a" into column "b". As I enter the value in the first column I want excel to automatically copy it into the second. =if(a1="","",a1) and drag down as far as you need. Bman wrote: > > I have an average knowledge of Excel. I am looking for a formula so I can > copy the values in column "a" into column "b". As I enter the value in the > first column I want excel to automatically copy it into the second. -- Dave P...

How to get the name of worksheet in cell?
Anybody know how to get the name of worksheet in cell? Thanks "A", Try this (in any cell on the worksheet): =MID(CELL("filename",A1), FIND("]", CELL("filename",A1))+1, 255) John "A." <Apiruk.Thunyasathukul@th.yokogawa.com> wrote in message news:f9f101c3be09$47026bf0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Anybody know how to get the name of worksheet in cell? > Thanks On Mon, 8 Dec 2003 20:02:35 -0800, "A." <Apiruk.Thunyasathukul@th.yokogawa.com> wrote: >Anybody know how to get the name of worksheet in cell? >Thanks O...