counting rows across multiple worksheets

I am trying to count and add all rows populated with values across multiple
worksheets. Is there an easy way to do this?
0
Aleks (11)

The *easiest* way is to perform the count and/or the totaling on each
individual sheet in the *same* relative cell.
So, say the count is displayed in X100 on *all* sheets,
And the sum is displayed in X101 on *all* sheets.

On the main sheet, use formulas similar to these:

=SUM(Sheet1:Sheet5!X100)
=SUM(Sheet1:Sheet5!X101)

--
HTH,

RD

"Aleks" <Aleks@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am trying to count and add all rows populated with values across
multiple
> worksheets. Is there an easy way to do this?

0
ragdyer1 (4060)

Outlook Multiple Profiles at the Same Time
I have two separate icons set up on my desktop to call Outlook using /profiles switch for profiles A & B. I can double click one for A, and it opens my POP3 account for profile A. Then I close it and double click one for B, then it opens my Exchange Server account for profile B. The problem is if I don't close the one for profile A and try to open the one for B, then even if the switch is set to open profile B, it just opens profile A again. Can someone tell me how I can have two separate Outlook for two separate profiles open at the same time? Adding POP3 to my Exchange S...

Displaying Counts when Filtering
Usually when using the filter function, the total records in the spreadsheet and the number of records that match the filter criteria are displayed on the lower left of the window (I guess it's the status bar). However, for certain files that I have, no counts are displayed when I filter. Does anyone know if there is a setting in the file that causes this or something else that needs to be changed? I do notice this happens frequently with files created by exporting from Access, but not always. It also happens with other files, but I can't find a common denominator. Hi To...

Multiple instances of a property sheet
I have two windows as part of my application, say W1 and W2. They are both derived from CFrameWnd. I have a class derived from CPropertySheet that is instantiated/displayed by both windows. When I create an instance of my property sheet (let's call it P1) from W1 (the property sheet is modal to W1) and then create another instance of my property sheet (P2) from W2 (modal to W2), I cannot close P1 by clicking OK or Cancel. Clicking OK or Cancel is completely ineffective; the dialog remains open. Then, if I close P2 by clicking OK or Cancel, both property sheets are closed. I augment CProp...

Moving the Area of Interest across the Video Sequence
Hello, I am capturing a live acquisition of image 1280*1024 and defined a subwindow or Area of Interest (AOI) of size 1280*40 using MFC programming .I want to move this AOI across the 1280*1024 window (across the video sequence). I am thinking of using a timer or a for loop so that it will iterate on each of the frames of the video. Can anyone please kindly help me regarding this. Thanks in advance James. ...

Merging Multiple documents having different headers and footers ma
Dear All, I am trying to merge a several word/rtf documents into a single word documents with the below macro, the problem is now each document is having a different header and footer and some fields, Can anyone suggest me a macro code for merging multiple word documents into a single document without disturbing the headers and footers of each document? Sub MergeDocs() Dim rng As Range Dim MainDoc As Document Dim strFile As String Const strFolder = "c:\tes\" 'change to suit Set MainDoc = Documents.Add strFile = Dir$(strFolder & &quo...

Row Not Found at the Subscriber
http://sanssql.blogspot.com/2010/05/row-not-found-at-subscriber-replication.html Regards, Sandesh Segu http://sanssql.blogspot.com/ ...

Selecting rows from various sheets #4
Cheers Fran -- sha ----------------------------------------------------------------------- shav's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1198 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26665 ...

conditional formatting of row based on cell
I want to apply conditional formatting to a whole row based on the contents of one cell in that row. For example, if cell L2 contains the word 'sport', i want the whole of row 2 to be shaded. I'm guessing this is pretty simple, but seem to be having a bit of a mental blockage. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks :) formula is =$l$2="sport" "Katherine" <katherine@katherine.com> wrote in message news:107b01c372ef$4ec59e30$a101280a@phx.gbl... > > I want to apply conditional formatting to a whole row > based on the contents of one...

how to create formula to divide two rows autoaatically
Is there any way to setup a sheet or create a formula so that it will divide the data in column A by Column B anytime the data is entered and put it into columnC ? What I am trying to do is create a spreadsheet for calculating fuel MPG. So I have columns as miles, gallons and the calculation as MPG. What I want to do is anytime a value is entered into miles and gallons, to calculate mpg and put it into that respective cell. Is there any way I can do this ? Thanks -- Tony Tony, in Column C, type the formula =sum(a1/b1). This should give you the result you are looking for. Hop...

Enterprise server with multiple organizations
Scenario: Organization has CRM 4.0 Enterprise version with three diffrent organizations. Goal: When CRM user goes to meeting with their client, they want "the big picture" of the customer data from all of three CRM environmets. Question: Is it possible to build report, that gathers data from multiple CRM organizations within one Enterprise server? If so, how many licenses/user is needed? If you are creating a report using SQL Reporting Services I can see no reason why you could not connect to the 3 database and get data from each. Not sure how you would know which records ar...

Creating a list of info in A1 cell in multiple worksheets
How can I create a list of the info/contents in the A1 cell in multiple worksheets? I am trying to create a summary worksheet of the data from 90 worksheets and would like to be able to list the headers in the A1 cell vertically. 'Right click on the summary sheet tab, and paste in this macro. 'Edit where appropriate: Sub CreateSummary() 'Starting row for summary: i = 1 For Each Sheet In ThisWorkbook.Sheets If Sheet.Name <> Me.Name Then 'Control What column to place data in Me.Cells(i, "A").Value = Sheet.Range("A1").Value i = i + 1...

Count of Unique Items?
Hi, I have a worksheet (Sheet1) where column A consists of dates (in date order). I need to look at this column from another sheet (Sheet2) in the same workbook and return the number of unique dates in this column. For example, on Sheet1 cell A1 has the heading Date, A2 is 10/01/04, A3 is 10/01/04, A4 is 10/01/04 and A5 is 10/05/04. From cell A1 on Sheet2 I need to look at the range A2:A5 on Sheet1 and return the number 2 (the number of unique dates in the range). Any help would be greatly appreciated. Monte Sliger Try the following... =SUM(IF(Sheet1!A2:A5<>"",1/COUN...

Insert Row Under current row (with formulas/formatting)
I've got a sheet that gets appended to regularly but have to do a lot of fiddling to make sure the formatting is correct, calculated fields get added and chart series ranges collect all the data every time I add a new row. The insert (row) command seems to take care of all of this but it inserts the empty row above the current row. As I'm always appending data to the sheet, I would prefer this to be below the current row. I've tried adding a dummy row under all the data containing the formulas and formatting I need but unfortunately I get formula errors and it screws up my chart....

Inserting rows slow on large report
I have a large report I maintain with 3 data tabs and 2 report tabs, 1 for top 10 customers, about 400 rows, and another for all other customers, about 4000 rows. Every month I have to update it for any new customer/product combinations. I have optimized the formulas to the best of my abilities and gotten a full recalc time down from 3 min to 30 sec, which is acceptable. My biggest problem now is that every time I need to add a row (or delete one for that matter) it takes about 15 seconds (on the 4k row report, adding to the top 10 customers report takes 3-5 seconds), per row....

Automatcally Hiding Rows in Excel 2000 #2
Is there a way of automatically hiding rows in Excel 2000 based on a rule (ie if there is no data in a row, we want to hide that row without doing it manually)? We have a couple of ideas which involve VB code which reacts to data within that row but if anyone has done this before or knows of a way to do it, that would be great. Thanks in advance! Tom Starr http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=3F625B17.4BF93224%40msn.com Was a reply you got to your first post. Tom Starr wrote: > > Is there a way of automatically hiding rows in Excel 2000 based on a rule > (ie if there is no...

Multiple messages
Hi I am receiving the same messages a number of times to my outlook express mail box. Sometimes I have 5 or 6 of the same message. Does anyone know why this is, or how I can stop it? Thanks very much Try posting this in an Outlook Express news group - this is not one of them. Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office and is what this group supports. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and has its own news groups. You can also find some good Outlook Express information here: http://www.insideoutlookexpress.com/ --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group...

Re: Is there a way to HIDE a row based on a value of a cell ?
Hi Reddance, Try instead: Sub Tester() Dim rng As Range Dim i As Long If LCase(Sheets("Ctrl").Range("A1").Value) _ <> "yes" Then Exit Sub End If With Sheets("ToPrint") For i = 5 To .UsedRange.Rows.Count Step 2 If Not rng Is Nothing Then Set rng = Union(rng, .Cells(i, "A")) Else Set rng = .Cells(i, "A") End If Next i End With If Not rng Is Nothing Then rng.EntireRow.Hidden = True End If ...

multiple selection

Test variable range for 'Delete'; then delete the row
I’m getting a run-time error 1004 here. Application defined or object defined error. The error seems to occur here: For Each c In Application.Intersect(ActiveSheet.UsedRange, ActiveSheet.Range("O12:O" & rngFound)) Private Sub CommandButton4_Click() Dim c As Range Dim rDelete As Range Dim rngFound As Range Dim rngToSearch As Range With Range("A:A") Set rngToSearch = Sheets("Worksheet").Columns("A") Set rngFound = rngToSearch.Find(What:="Enter non-listed privately held securities or groups of assets by asset class.", _ ...

Updating 20k+ rows from Excel to access. vbscript? VBA? SQL?
Any suggestions? Some of these rows only need a few columns updated, and others need all of them updated. If possible if say row 800 column 'S' is filled in the access DB but is blank on the excel spreadsheet, if possible i like to keep the existing data in access and over right it with a blank cell. The spreadsheet is a export of the access DB, changes were made/merged from other spreadsheets so the Unique ID is the same and in column A. A script suggestions to complete this? Thanks :) dim dbe dim db dim ssql set dbe = createobj("dao.dbengine.36") set db = dbe.openda...

Xpath with multiple values..

counting seconds
=SECOND(NOW()) and holding down the F9 key starts at whatever the second hand is pointing at and counts up to 59, then starts back at 0, 1, 2, to 59, 0, 1, 2 and so on. How can I write it so it starts at 0, and counts 1, 2, 3,...,59, 60,61,...forever? Hi have a look at http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/datetime.htm (at the bottom of this site): There are some example counters / stop timer functions. This may what you're looking for -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "scott" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:143e601c3f7f9$b63ac...

how to deal with duplicate data rows
I need to interface with a program that generates a .csv file with row of data. It generates 2 or more rows for each instance uniquely identified by the docket/page combination Example: last first bank trustee docket page smith john ny bank (blank field) 12235 8907 (blank field) (blank field) cal western 12235 8907 smith janet ny bank (blank field) 12235 8907 I need to consolidate all three lines into one row by concating field that contain different data (first name column) and columns with blan spaces to look like the ...

Count with two criteria
I am working in Excel 2003, I am trying to count with two criteria and multiple sheets. I am using this formula: =SUMPRODUCT(('Sum 1Q10'!A2:A4="BKD")*('Sum 1Q10'!F2:F4="Open")) my result is 0. It should be 1. Is there another way to do this? I really need help. Lisak- There are a couple of approaches to do this; I'll give you the one I use out of habit. The sumproduct conditions evaluate to true or false. You have to force them back to a numeric format. Some folks do that with a leading double negative on each condition. I tend to ...

more than 65, 500 rows
Is there a product that allows more than 65k rows? ...