Counting number of dates in a column earlier than today

Hi,
Please can someone advise me on the formula I require for this problem.

I would like to calculate the number of dates in a specified column, that
equal to the current date or the date has passed.

Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated
0
dnmnas (1)

Hi,
Try
=COUNTIF(G:G,"<="&TODAY())
Will return the number of dates in column G that are =< today

"dnmnas" wrote:

> Hi,
> Please can someone advise me on the formula I require for this problem.
>
> I would like to calculate the number of dates in a specified column, that
> equal to the current date or the date has passed.
>
> Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated
0
mzehr1 (59)
11/10/2004 8:14:08 PM
Hi
see your other post

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"dnmnas" <dnmnas@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Hi,
> Please can someone advise me on the formula I require for this
problem.

> I would like to calculate the number of dates in a specified column,
that
> equal to the current date or the date has passed.
>
> Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated

0
frank.kabel (11126)

Convert weekno to a date
I have a week no. (say week 2) in cell A4 and I want to convert that to the Fiday of that week (in cell B7) in the format Fri 14th Jan 2005. Could anybody tell me how to achieve this please. See if this is something you can work with: A4: 2 (The week number) A5: 2005 (The year..you didn't mention if the formula might apply to other years) B7: =DATE(A5,1,CHOOSE(WEEKDAY(DATE(A5,1,1),2),5,4,3,2,1,7,6)+(A4-1)*7) Does that help? •••••••••• Regards, Ron "Box666" wrote: > I have a week no. (say week 2) in cell A4 and I want to convert that > to the Fiday of that week ...

Any word on CRM 1.2 release date?
Has anyone heard a firm release date yet for CRM version 1.2? And will CRM 1.2 work with SBS2003 that was just released? -kw "Jim" <jim@nospam.com> wrote in message news:ehxGoPvnDHA.644@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Has anyone heard a firm release date yet for CRM version 1.2? > > This depends on where you are based. I've just got home from an MS course, and we told that in Australia it will release to the partners at the conference late next month, and will be released to customers on 12/1/04. It was also confirmed that it will run on SBS2003 - it will ru...

date problem #10
Thanks a lot, Dave This piece of code works great. M P Redd -- mpredd ----------------------------------------------------------------------- mpreddy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1327 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26358 ...

Go To the next empty cell in Column A
Using Vista and Excel 2007, I will be constructing a mailing list with 10 columns. In the first empty row of column A will be added a new name for the list. With 10 columns it is not possible to view Column A from Column L on screen. With hundreds of names to add to the list, I need a fast way to go to the next empty cell in column A to add the next name.. I am familiar with tables in Access where there is an icon that will take me to the next empty cell in column A. Is there a similar one stroke command to take me to the next empty cell in column A from anywhere in an Excel ...

Auto-numbering of Opportunities
Hello all, I have one question: considering that Opportunities are not meant to be auto-numbered by design, what is the best practice to implement auto-numbering on such entities? Thank you in advance, Hrvoje Try this blog: http://blogs.msdn.com/crm/archive/2008/05/13/auto-numbers-in-microsoft-dynamics-crm.aspx Greetings Patrick H "Hrvoje Vrbanc" wrote: > Hello all, > > I have one question: considering that Opportunities are not meant to be > auto-numbered by design, what is the best practice to implement > auto-numbering on such entities? > > Tha...

copy date in a cell if within a date range
Column M is a listing of percentages Column A is various dates, anywhere from Jan 1, 1998 to the present. I need to copy the contents of let's say M3 into cell T3 is the date in cell A3 is any date in the year 2010. If the date is in another year, leave cell T3 blank Thanks "carrerapaolo" wrote: > Column M is a listing of percentages > > Column A is various dates, anywhere from Jan 1, 1998 to the present. > > I need to copy the contents of let's say M3 into cell T3 is the date in cell > A3 is any date in the year 2010. If the ...

Number of wsheets in an excel workbook???
hey guys, how many wsheets does one excel workbook have? I need to have about 66 - is that possible? Thanks. Maria -- mariasa ------------------------------------------------------------------------ mariasa's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=31726 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=521656 Yes I have created a workbook with more sheets in it that that. obviously depending on the amount of data on each sheet your workbook could be getting quite large and possibly unmanageable! I guess you will have to try it! D...

How can I line up 2 columns with similar information?
I have 2 columns with names in each and I'd like to line them up next to each other. I think we'll need more information, Kathy. I don't understand what you're trying to do. Can you give exactly what's up? ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "Kathy" <Kathy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A5C0BC96-7E27-4C55-89A3-03513FC0D409@microsoft.com... >I have 2 columns with names in each and I'd like to line them up next to >each > other. Column A has employee number, Column B has the same employee numbers but has addi...

Bill Summary skips Apay due dates
I know I saw something about this some time ago but I can't find the info anymore. Microsoft Money 2007 Deluxe Version 16.0.120.1303 Bank - Wachovia Issue: I have 2 monthly Apays that I set up on Wachovia's website which were downloaded into Money's Bill Summary. I looked today and, though the next payment that hadn't posted to the register should be due 10/20/2008 the Due Date showing in Bill Summary was 3/20/2009. I've canceled the Apays and re-created them but I know this is a chronic issue. I already went through the full file repair process a while ago and ...

how to write a number with 0
Hi how to write number starting with 0 for eg. i want to write number 021495566 i had tried but it gives 21495566 pls do the needfu -- NITESH ----------------------------------------------------------------------- NITESH G's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1759 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=48272 Hi Nitesh, Try using the custom format: 000000000 --- Regards, Norman "NITESH G" <NITESH.G.1y475y_1131346800.4507@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:NITESH.G.1y475y_1131346800.45...

How do I make a particular column required in Excel? #2
Our NPO is creating a reimbursement chart in Excel. We're trying to make it so that if employees do not fill in one particular column entitled "Projects," they will get an error or will be unable to have a final sum filled in. Is there any way I can make this particular column required so that if it is not filled in, the chart will not complete properly? Thank you in advance for any advice or help--I'm a bit of a novice to this! ...

sp_columns does not return NVARCHAR data type columns
Hi, our SQL Server Version is 2000 SP4. For several days the SP "sp_columns" does not return NVARCHAR data type columns any more. I reviewd the SP "sp_columns" and it seems, that the used SP "spt_datatype_info" does not return that type any more. A second production server returns that column type. The SP "sp_columns" is used by the ODBC-Driver to determine the table columns. Any suggestions? Thanks a lot, Nils Ok, my fault, it seems that "spt_datatype_info" is a table and there is no NVARCHAR row. After insert...

How do I create a running subtraction column?
In other words, how do I create a column which subtracts from the preceeding cell? Hi you may provide some more details what you're trying to do exactly. Maybe post some example rows -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany aschneider wrote: > In other words, how do I create a column which subtracts from the > preceeding cell? If you want the balance in column B, and you are making entries in column A which are to be subtracted from the balance, put the starting balance in B1. In B2 put the formula =B1-A2 On Mon, 4 Oct 2004 08:35:08 -0700, "aschneider" <aschne...

Date Problem #2
Hi All Please can someone advise me what to do, I have a date in a textbox where I am using the AddDate method to increment the day , but I am getting strange results. Is this because the US date? if so how do I change this to work for the UK date? Any help would be greatly appreciated regards Subs Hiya- i'm not sure what formula you're using- I put a random date in A1 and pasted the following formula in B1 & C1: =DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1),DAY(A1)+1) it increased the day by 1 in both cells. I then changed the format to UK and it worked just fine. Is this what you're l...

Text to Date
I have been given a database dump (thousands of rows) that put the dates in a text format like this: Aug/11/2009 Is there any way to put this into a date format? Even if it means creating a new field breaking it up and doing some extra steps. Thanks. Change to appropriate cell reference: =DATEVALUE(SUBSTITUTE(A1,"/",", ")) -- Best Regards, Luke M "PAL" <PAL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2E5E64F4-8B6A-44D5-95C9-8FD45A326DB3@microsoft.com... >I have been given a database dump (thousands of rows) that put the da...

Expiration Date on Trial Period
Is there a way to determine what the expiration date of a trial period installation is? ------=_NextPart_0001_3829F12C Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Cindy, Thanks for posting in. This is Ken in Online Partner Support. The trial program will be expired in 90 days from installation date so why don't you confirm the installation date? If you use Windows Server 2008, you are able to confirm the date from Programs and Features and if you use Windows Server 2003, how about check the create date of install folder? Kind Regards, Ken Microsoft Online Partne...

Want to see only specific number of records on a form
Hi I have a form with default view as "Continuous Forms". When I openthis form I only want to see the records equal to Recordcount i.e. ifI have 3 records I should only see three records. I dont want to seean extra one record which is blank. The easy way is simply to set the allow additions to "no".(you will still be able to add records via a code, or perhaps a "add" button you provide.Or, perhaps you don't even need add record ability...Anyway...give the above a try..it will remove that extra "new record" entry....-- Albert D. Kallal (Access MVP)...

Fill Down based on count in another sheet
I am using the following in Excel to copy a formula: ThisWorkbook.Worksheets("Results 4").Range("3:2000").FillDown I need to only copy the formula for a certain number of rows up to 2000. The number of rows I need is based on the number of rows I have in worksheet "Results Data" in column A. So, if "Results Data" has data in column A2:A16, I will need to copy down the formula for all columns in worksheet "Results 4" to column 17. Sub FillFown() Dim lStop As Long With Worksheets("Results Data") lStop = .Cells(...

Date formats, culture and globalization
Hi, ASP.NET 3.5 We are creating a 3-tier ASP.NET Web Application that needs just to understand dates as UK shortdate format (dd/MM/yyyy). It will only be used in the UK on intranet. I often come across web server and client machine that are incorrectly set up so I want to protect the app from these incorrectly set up hosts. I understand the safe date formats for passing through to the database. SQLParameters pass through a non-ambiguous format and also that 'yyyyMMdd' is also a safe format. So ignore the database side of things - I get that. At the moment all the bou...

Result of date as Month-2 digit Year
I have columns of dates that the users must enter as actual dates. I can format to display month and two-digit year...but when creating pivot tables it reconizes the entire date. Since I want to summarize only by month and year or by year only, is there a formula or statement that will change the date to month-year or year status only? Thanks. -- Linda Hi Linda Sure. Rightclick the date field header in the Pivot table, choose menu "Group and show detail" > "Group"... . You will get a list offering Seconds, minutes, hours, days, months, quarters, years. Try sel...

increasing numbers in sreadsheet
I need prepare full list with numbers, starting from 129680 and up to 129779 (in some column): 129680 129681 129682 .... 129779 what is formula? If you want a formula solution, enter your first number in A1 then in A2 enter: =A1+1 then copy this down for as many cells as you require. Alternatively you can fill the values down - enter your first value in A1, then highlight cells from A1 down (as many as you need - hold down <SHIFT> while pressing <PageDown>, then release <SHIFT>), then Edit | Fill | Series and specify Linear with a Step Value of 1, click OK. Hope th...

secondary y-axis for graph "column"
Hi! Chart type XY (scatter) > allows a secondary Y-axis column > does not allow this, or does it? I would like so, how to solve this problem? Thanks in advance! tom Hi, sorry, I understand why (risk of visual overlap) and and was able to create a secondary Y-axis but how to solve this? thanks! tom "tom ossieur" wrote: > Hi! > > Chart type > XY (scatter) > allows a secondary Y-axis > column > does not allow this, or does it? I would like so, how to > solve this problem? > > Thanks in advance! > > tom See htt...

Accumulate Sales Numbers
Having trouble getting my hands around this problem. I receive sales numbers from stores every week, I have built a workbook that totals all the weekly numbers from each file on one sheet. I would like to have a worksheet for Month, Qtr, YTD, I would like these numbers to accumulate from the weekly #'s I bring in each week. My problem is I don't want to keep the weekly numbers every week, I'd like to zero them each week and bring in the new (adding to the totals on the other worksheets) Is this possible, well I'm sure it is, but how is it possible. Thanks for your hel...

Counting Consecutive Months in Top Third
Ok. I need to have a formula which would look at a number of columns and tell me now many 'consecutive' months someone has been in the top 33% of the numbers in that column to date. IE . . .Ann was in the top 33% in Jan and Feb but not in March so in March I would want the formula to spit out '2', In April I would want it to start over again at '1' (If in fact she was in the top 33% in March, if not then it should say '0'). Hardest part in figuring this out (in my head anyway) is how to get it to give me the number as of the current date. Figures =NON() would ha...

Variable Width 100% Stacked Column Chart
Hi, I need to make a variable width 100% stacked column chart (similar t the Column chart with varying width bars from andypope.info but 100 stacked) The x-axis would contain various market segments and the width would b proportional to their size, the y-axis divides each segment up by a attribute. Any ideas? Thank ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com Earl - Stephen Bullen has a Variable Width Column Chart example on his web site (http://bmsltd.co.uk), lo...