Counting number of dates in a column earlier than today

Hi,
Please can someone advise me on the formula I require for this problem.

I would like to calculate the number of dates in a specified column, that
equal to the current date or the date has passed.

Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated
0
dnmnas (1)

Hi,
Try
=COUNTIF(G:G,"<="&TODAY())
Will return the number of dates in column G that are =< today

"dnmnas" wrote:

> Hi,
> Please can someone advise me on the formula I require for this problem.
>
> I would like to calculate the number of dates in a specified column, that
> equal to the current date or the date has passed.
>
> Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated
0
mzehr1 (59)
11/10/2004 8:14:08 PM
Hi
see your other post

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"dnmnas" <dnmnas@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Hi,
> Please can someone advise me on the formula I require for this
problem.

> I would like to calculate the number of dates in a specified column,
that
> equal to the current date or the date has passed.
>
> Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated

0
frank.kabel (11126)

Columns Compare and Row Insertion Alignment
You are required to be a member to post replies. After logging in or becoming a member, you will be redirected back to this page. EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice WCF Workflow Services Using External Data Exchange http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/3d49fa0d-a120-4977-842a-6dafb17b6d74/wcf-workflow-services-usi.aspx ...

MSCRM record count
I have a SQL query that searched my products based on a product number. My goal is to see if the product exists, and set a BOOL value accordingly. My code (listed below) does work, but it seems a bit inefficient for what I want to accomplish. I’m looking for the equivalent to a COUNT statement. Any suggestions? QueryExpression query = new QueryExpression(); query.EntityName = EntityName.product.ToString(); ColumnSet productColumns = new ColumnSet(); productColumns.Attributes = new string[] { "productnumber" }; query.ColumnSet = productColumns; ConditionExpression newConditi...

Crosstab with multiple columns?
When doing a crosstab query based from a multi-table query, is there a way to use a count summary for more than one column? EG: I have a table of assets and related customers, and a table of customer support cases and related customers. Is there an easy way to generate a cross tab which will summarize the record count for assets AND the record count for cases which a particular customer is related to? (Apologies for, well, being a noob to Access; I'm predominantly an Excel or SQL guy.) Thanks for any assistance anyone can throw my way. Sincerely, Jamie W. This might give you...

removal of zero in column chart
I have a worksheet that charts weekly values. I put these values into a chart, which is regularly updated as I change the weekly values. I don't want any zerio values to be charted. Is there any way for me to have the chart only display the >0 values and display NO COLUMN if the value was zero? thanks. Where does the X axis cross the Y axis? If what you mean is that you dont want the catagories with 0 to be plotted, the simplest way to do it depends on whether you have the data in columns or rows. Since the charts by default only plot from visible cells, You can hide the colu...

Formatting the columns in Outlook 2007
Hello, My deleted items folder is displaying 3 lines of body text in the messages pane. I can't seem to find a way to hide it. I don't need it becuase I have the preview pane turn on. Can anyone tell me how to turn it off? It displays in this format: Attachment To From Subject Received Body Text Thank you for any help and God Bless, Mark A. Sam Did you turn off AutoPreview? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Mark A. Sam" <MarkASam@EmEssEm.Com> wrote in message news:e46eKLGJIHA.3636@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > My deleted items...

Money 2005 Statement Date
I stopped downloading statements from my bank years ago, but on the home page next to an account name I still have the date in 1999 that I last downloaded the statement. Can anyone assist with how I can clear/remove this date from my home page? Thanks. In microsoft.public.money, spook wrote: >I stopped downloading statements from my bank years ago, but on the home page >next to an account name I still have the date in 1999 that I last downloaded >the statement. > >Can anyone assist with how I can clear/remove this date from my home page? When you delete a...

Randomly alter a column of names
I have a list of place names in column A from row 1 to row 56 Its part of a game so all I want to do is alter the order of names (randomly if possible) There is only one column which is the one with the names in it. thnaks One way .. Names are assumed in col A, in A1:A20, say Put in C1: =RAND() Put in B1: =INDEX(A:A,MATCH(SMALL(C:C,ROWS($A$1:A1)),C:C,0)) Select B1:C1, copy down to C20 You'd get a random scramble of the names from col A in col B Press F9 to re-generate afresh -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- Singapore, GMT+8 xdemechanik http://savefile.com/projects/236895 -- "Scudo&quo...

Count or total a logocal field
Using Access 2k and XP, in Windows 2k and XP respectively I am struggling with generating a total count of two fields in a report footer. Both fields are "yes/No" type. I want to count the number of reported entries that have the TrxCompleted field checked(TRUE). I have set a text box in the footer and defined the source property using the following formula =Count([TrxCompleted]=True). I have tried various modifications to this, however results are either #error or -1. What am I missing here?? Thanks in advance for your ideas and pointers. JR Hester wrote: >Using Access...

return date format in function
function reads - ="Last Updated "&(MAX(MTD!I:I)) - is there any way to modify the function to the MAX value i'm looking for is read as a date? currently returns "Last Updated 40490", would like it to return "Last Updated 8-Nov-10" The Text function will do that. -- Jim Cone Portland, Oregon USA http://www.mediafire.com/PrimitiveSoftware .. .. .. "Matthew Dyer" <matthew.e.dyer@gmail.com> wrote in message news:3737667c-94dd-42bf-a69d-3db7f22c2ee0@u11g2000prn.googlegroups.com... function reads - ="Last Updated "&(MAX(MTD...

how to convert number into colors?
hello I want to convert a matrix of results in decimal or real number into a spectrum of colors (or grey scale if it's not possible) to make a "picture" it's quiet urgent so a great thanks to who will success the challenge! Here is one way Private Const xlCIBlack As Long = 1 Private Const xlCIWhite As Long = 2 Private Const xlCIRed As Long = 3 Private Const xlCIBrightGreen As Long = 4 Private Const xlCIBlue As Long = 5 Private Const xlCIYellow As Long = 6 Private Const xlCIPink As Long = 7 Private Const xlCITurquoise As Long = 8 Private Const xlCIDarkRed As Long = 9 Privat...

Appending data from multiple columns into a single column.
Hi, Need help with the following problem. In a workbook with multiple sheets,I need to take all the data in a particular column in each worksheet (e.g. all the data in column B in all worksheets) and append them into a single column. Can somebody tell me how to create a macro to do this ? Thanks. Robin What exactly are you trying to append? Are you trying to add numbers together or append text (and numbers), eg name and occupation? Can you give an example? >-----Original Message----- >Hi, > >Need help with the following problem. > >In a workbook with multiple...

Custom number format displaying thousands
If anyone has any potential solutions to the custom number format below I would be very grateful. If the two number formats below are applied to the numbers displayed in the 'Actual number' column, the output as shown in the columns 'format #1' and 'format #2' are given by Excel. The output I want to achieve is shown in the final column. Has anyone got any suggestions how i might achieve this? format #1 = [>500]#,##0,_);[<-500](#,##0,); format #2 = [>500]#,##0,_);[<-500](#,##0,);- Actual Number Format #1 Format #2 What I want -501 (1) (1) (...

row and column headings #2
I have inherited a worksheet/application made in Excel 97. The person who created this has done some interesting trick to the worksheet so that none of the worksheets in the workbook show any of the column and rwo headings. How was this done I can not find the code that causes this? I need to edit a piece of the formula but I can not find my way around the worksheet because the heading do not show. -- rdrunner ------------------------------------------------------------------------ rdrunner's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=28313 View this thre...

smallest floating numbers
Hi, Are the -DBL_MAX and -FLT_MAX the smallest floating numbers in double and float respectively? Or put the question in another way, do the following statements cause overflow problems? Thanks for your help. float f = -FLT_MAX; double d = -DBL_MAX; Tony int i = INT_MIN; int j = -i; int k = -j; ASSERT(i == k); // fails Try the same thing with double values and see what happens! joe On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 13:02:04 -0700, May Young <tony@srac.com> wrote: >Hi, > >Are the -DBL_MAX and -FLT_MAX the smallest floating numbers in double >and float respectively? Or put ...

cell to return current date?
How do I get a cell to return the current date in Excel 2000? I want a particular spreadsheet to display the current date in a field each time I open that particular file. Can this be done in Excel 2000? Thanks, John --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ "=today()" placed in the cell in question without the quotes --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ =TODAY() "jwcater" <jwcater.z9mta@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:jwcater.z9mta@excelforum-nospam.com... > How do I get a cell to return the current date in Excel 2...

Calculate sequential number in a protected form.
I have a protected form that users will fill in fields and then save it under a new name. This form replaces a 7 part carbon form that is sequentially numbered. I am looking for information on how to have the form open with the next number each time it is accessed. Any help would be greatly appreciated. See http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/NumberDocs.htm. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so all may benefit. gtc@idl wrote: > I have a protected ...

custom number format 05-04-10
Can a custom number format be created to format a value such as 9,999,999.25 to format 9 999 999,25? I know the # ### ### works to add spaces but I can't figure out the decimal and don't want to change regional setting. Thanks, Jake 2007 Button>Excel Options>Advanced>Editing options>Uncheck Use System Separators. Use comma for decimal point. Same in 2003 under Tools>Options>International Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 4 May 2010 10:49:01 -0700, Jake <Jake@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Can a custom number format be created to...

Hidden Columns in Excel Become Visible
Hi, There are some hidden columns in a Excel file. When I open that excel file using below code and then perform some operations on Excel file and then save the file back and view it, all the original hidden columns are also being shown. I do not want the original hidden columns to be visible. _objExcel = CreateObject("Excel.Application") _objExcel.displayalerts = False _objBook = _objExcel.Workbooks.Open(Application.StartupPath & "\" & strDestinationFileName) _objWorksheets = _objBook.Worksheets .... Thanks, Ashish Ashish During th...

CRM to Great Plains Integration Release Date?
Anyone know when the CRM 3 to Great Plains 9 integration will be released? I heard it was pulled. ...

Counting changes in fill colors for cells
I am a fairly new user to Excel and need to know if a cell fill color can be used to count as a quanity Depending on what you mean... See XL help for conditional formatting and/or see Chip Pearson's pag on subject of color and UDF (http://www.cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm), though the latter might b a bit too much for an XL beginner ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com This would have been a reply from the newsgroup. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta, MS MVP -...

Today or Now functio
I have a cell that calculates the entry date of the row eg =IF(A163>0,$A$1,"No Data") In A1 I have =today() This formula works fine but as I add a new row to the sheet the entry for the day before changes to the current date. I want the entrys before current entry to keep the date that was already there. The =TODAY() function is linked to your computer's clock, so the formula you described will always show today's date. What you would need to do, at the end of each day, is copy the cell with the formula and paste special...values. Then, you remove the link to to...

Due Date
When I want to put in due date and time on an activity (like a phonecall) it always show 00:00 as a standard. Can I change this to 07:00 instead? It would help a lot.. Martin, This blogpost may help you. http://www.sonomapartners.com/articles/microsoft-crm-version3-example-formonload.aspx This solution is for version 3.0. But it does not make much difference. You can use the same. Regards, Venkat http://venkatbendalam.blogspot.com/ "Martin" wrote: > When I want to put in due date and time on an activity (like a phonecall) it > always show 00:00 as a standard. Can I c...

how do I set dates every 3 cell for whole year in excel
I would like to know how to put a date in this format 01/01/01 on A1 and I would like excel to to change the date on A3 to 01/02/01 and so on and so forth. how do I do it. for a whole year or two. Enter 01/01/01 Into A1 And 01/02/01 Into A3 You could custom format those 2 cells to display exactly what you wish. Then, select A1 to A4. Click on the fill handle of that 4 cell selection, and copy down as needed. -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ============================================== "...

Script to monitor messages with more than x number recipients?
I have many users that think it is a good idea to forward every piece of pyramid scheme or online petition to 95% of the company mailboxes. I need a script that will monitor all email originating or forwarded from one of the mailboxes that have more than x number of recipients, such as 10 or so. The users think they are slick and don't send out a global email and don't include the I.T. team, and I don't feel like pouring over tracking information for the offenders to try to find instances of email abuse. Anyone got a solution, short of getting someone fired for a policy infractio...

countif counting properties
Hey. I am using countif to total the number of H's in a group of cells, everytime it counts a H it counts a whole number. I need to use a formula where instead of counting a whole number it counts up in 0.5 per H. Any suggestions? Your help would be much appreciated. Thanks Darryl How about dividing the countif result with 2? -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Darryl" <Darryl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D28CCAC8-AD8E-4D7D-840C-32765F44A6F6@microsoft.com... > Hey. > I am using countif to total the number of H's in a group of cells, everytime >...