Counting in Excel #5

Got it!  Thanks to all of you for your help

--
Angel16
Angel160's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1550

glad to help

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=15503
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=275616

0
Don

Vertical Indent in Excel 2002
Please help me to create Vertical Indent in Excel 2000 or 2002 because the border line are very near to the text given in a table, it looks very congested in the gap between lines and text when we use auto fit to rows option. there is any solution for this please help me i want to know the option. No such feature as Vertical Indent. You can use Alt + Enter to provide a line feed at top and bottom of cell. Select a cell then hit Alt + Enter Type the text you need then hit Alt + Enter then Enter. This will give you a blank line at top and bottom. Gord Dibben MS Exc...

excel columns keep changing size
I have a spreadsheet that I want to print on legal sized paper. I have 5 columns that I want to be as wide as possible and fit on the paper, landscape format. Every time I try to change the font size of the text, excel automatically changes the columns size. ALso, even though it says that the font is 48 points, it shows up as very tiny on the screen and also on paper. What is going on? Check your pages set up settings. Go to sheet in page set up and check to see if the print area is empty this could have a range in it. If it does and this is too large for th paper you are using then it wi...

Excel Formatted Spreadsheet To SQL ?
Hello, Is there any reasonably straightforward way to convert an Excel spreadsheet, or part of one, to a format that SQL would accept ? Thanks, Bob Usually the method that works is to save the worksheet in CSV format. Then import the CSV format into your database. Access will import CSV and so wil a number of other databases. -- joel ------------------------------------------------------------------------ joel's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?u=229 View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/showthread.php?t=196450 http://www.the...

What does this "%5bU%5" indicate when preceding a hyperlink?
Tobias Builders mission is to provide innovative design and top-quality craftsmanship in home building, additions and remodels. Can anyone tell me why these symbols are generated before a hyperlink attached to autoshape when the page is saved in a website folder? I have assigned hyperlinks to the index, for example as "index.htm", and after saving the page the symbols "%5bU%5d" have been attached before the name in this fashion "%5bU%5dindex.htm. This seems to create problem when viewing on the internet as the pages randomly do not connect to the site. Whe...

missing excel VBA help file
I'm missing the excel 97 VBA help file "VEenUl3.hlp". I assume this file is on the software distribution pack that came with my computer. If it is do I reinstall excel or can I just copy the help file from the distribution pack? Finally I may not have the distribution pack since I've moved three times in the five years since the computer was purchased. How would I get a copy if I need it? I'm using windows 98. Thanks for your help John VBA and help files are not part of normal Office install. ie. Office 9 or Excel 97 *not* Windows disk required. Perhaps you ...

How do I read Pocket Excel files from Excel
Just got an Ipaq and trying to use ActiveSync to synchronise speadsheet files between that and my desktop. Unfortunately, when I update the file using Pocket Excel on the Ipaq, it is converted to .pxl format, which the desktop version of Excel (2000) won't read! How do I get round this one? ...

Count of cells since first purchase
Hi, Looking for a bit of help with the below. I want to calculate how many weeks have passed since a customer first purchased from me. So for example see below. I want to calculate in cell E2 how many weeks have passed since Account 1 first purchased from me. In cell E3 i want to calculate how many weeks it is since Account 2 first purchased from me. Week 3 April Week 4 April Week 1 May 10 Account 1 2 3 Account 2 1 Account 3 ...

How To Create Order Form in Excel
Hey, I am trying to create a fundraiser order form in Excel and I don't know how to slant the cells. I angled the words at a 45degree angle and I want the whole cell to transform that way. Any advice? You can't slant the cell itself. If my comments have helped please hit Yes. "MAllen" wrote: > Hey, I am trying to create a fundraiser order form in Excel and I don't know > how to slant the cells. I angled the words at a 45degree angle and I want the > whole cell to transform that way. Any advice? ...

How to create a line chart with two X-axes in Excel
PLEASE HELP ME!!!!! How can I create a line chart with two X-axes in Excel? select one of your data series and change axis to secondary. <chart><<chart options><Axis> Select secondary x axis. "JaVaughn" wrote: > PLEASE HELP ME!!!!! How can I create a line chart with two X-axes in Excel? Hello, thank you for replying. Which chart type would allow for 2 X-axes. The only chart type that I know that allows for 2 axes is "Line Chart with 2 Y-axes". For the above-mentioned chart, the option to designate a primary and secondary x-axis is display...

prevent Excel from EVER automatically converting numbers to dates
in Excel v. X for Mac how do I permanently prevent Excel from EVER automatically converting numbers to dates. Formatting individual cells as text will not work in my applications. I need to disable this funtion. Not possible - there's no preference option to turn this off. Instead of preformatting as text, entries can be made with an apostrophe as a prefix: '3/4 You might be able to use an event macro to change it back retroactively, but that depends on knowing what format the user entered it. For instance, 3/4, 3-4, 4Mar, mar4, etc will all be interpreted as 4 Marc...

excell documents
when i double click on excell documents on my desktop nothing happens. instead, i must open excell first click on file then open its then that my documents opens. any idea on what might be causing this. makolomakwem@ananzi.co.za -- hunter Can you single click the excel document to highlight it from the desktop. If so, can you then select "Enter" to open the document. Does the double-click issue happen with any other items on the desktop? "hunter" wrote: > when i double click on excell documents on my desktop nothing happens. > instead, i must open excell first...

Excel and Word Attachments Time Out in OWA
I am having an odd problem in OWA. Many end users are experiencing time out problems when trying to access Word or Excel attachments in OWA on Exchange 2003. It appears to be only Word or Excel as others work fine. OWA is being accessed on a front-end server. However, all attachments work fine when accessed through the back-end server. Any ideas? ...

How do I activate sort in Excel?
I have worksheets set up in Excel. I am wanting to sort 1 column of these worksheets, but my sort button seems to be grayed out & I cannot select it. How do I activate the sort function again. Any ideas? Hi marygries Unprotect your sheet -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "marygries" <marygries@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A81E1842-3CF4-4CF5-85B3-ED01BEF943C7@microsoft.com... >I have worksheets set up in Excel. I am wanting to sort 1 column of these > worksheets, but my sort button seems to be grayed out & I cannot s...

Can I make a Cladogram using microsoft Excel?
I'm using microsoft offfice 2003 and was curious is there anyway I can make a caldogram using the program? I know that it is possible to make a family tree; however this is inifficient in depicting ancestoral progression of the species- which would be better display with a cladogram. Any Help greatly appreciated! Hi, Maybe fernando cinquegrani's cluster or grafi examples may help. http://www.prodomosua.it/ppage02.html It should be possible to construct a chart using a xy-scatter and various charting tricks. But a lot depends on how you have this data stored. Cheers Andy La...

Corrupt Excel Menu Bar
Somehow my excel menu bar became corrupted. I now have 7 "Edit" menus, 2 Format menus, and 2 Tools menus in my standard excel view. As a keyboard user (rather than a mouse user), this is killing my productivity. Any ideas? Help! Try this. Right-click your menu bar, select Customize, click the Toolbars tab, click the Reset button, click OK, click Close. That should reset your menu to normal. >-----Original Message----- >Somehow my excel menu bar became corrupted. I now have >7 "Edit" menus, 2 Format menus, and 2 Tools menus in my >standard excel ...

Stop excel icon showing at the bottom when opening spreadsheets
how can i stop the excel icons showing at the bottom when i open multiple spreadsheets. this can be annoying when you have other applications open also. Hi Rajesh, I assume you mean the Excel icons in the Windows taskbar. To prevent these from appearing go to Tools -> Options and on the View tab deselect the Windows in Taskbar checkbox. Michael "Rajesh" wrote: > how can i stop the excel icons showing at the bottom when i open multiple > spreadsheets. this can be annoying when you have other applications open also. > > ...

Solved!! .Net Framework 3.5 Error in WinXP
Solved!! .Net Framework 3.5 Error in WinXP the solution is just install this hotfix (its actually a hotfix for .msi installer - but it solves the problem anyhow !!!) ---> WindowsXP-KB942288-v3-x86.exe <--- Windows Installer 4.5 Redistributable which can be found here : http://www.microsoft.com/downloadS/details.aspx?familyid=5A58B56F-60B6-4412-95B9-54D056D6F9F4&displaylang=en#QuickInfoContainer i was experiencing the same trouble trying to update my Windows Xp Pro SP3 (this works for SP2 also as far as i know) which gave me all kinds of errors and didnt allow to ...

data-set too big for Excel
I am using Excel to extract data from a database, but when the extracted data is too extensive, Excel is stuck. Is there any way to expand the data-holding capacity of Excel? I am using Excel 2000. Any help would be appreciated. ...

Representing times in excel without dates
Excel experts I need your help!! I am using Office XP excel and am trying to represent time in the format: AM/PM without seconds. When I put in the time [I have the cell number format set to time/"1:30PM"/Locale is English (United States)], it comes up with the date preceding the time. I have tried varying settings of time but they all come up with the date. So if I try to put in 1:00PM it would represent this as a date and leave the rest of the time as 12am. I am doing a time sheet that subtracts the hours from between two times and then adds the differences up. I want it to ...

outlook 2003 and Exchange 5.5 (client drops to offline)
I have a number of workstations that are using outlook 2003 without any problem. However I have one workstation that continues to drop to offline mode and cannot send or recieve may. I uncheck the offline mode and then it goes in connected mode for about 10 minutes and then fails again. It then asks for username and password which it rejects, even using administrator. Anyone have any suggestions on how to troubleshoot this one? Thanks Scott Checked the physical connection already? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Properly back-up and ...

Need macro to allow me to go out into another excel file and copy and bring data back..
Hi, I'm looking to have a macro that I've started (below) to allow me to go out to a file that is always in the same location with the same name and copy information from it and bring it back into the file I was originally in. The file from which I want to get the information from is updated automatically every 24 hours from data dumped into it from our MRP system. The macro is to be stored in my "personal.xls" file. The problem is that the original file name is always different. So how can I make the macro come back to this file that has a different name each time to pas...

Excel and clear cells....
Hi.... I have this large spreadsheet showing 52 weeks, and for each week 10 areas not adjacent to each other, all of wich I need to be cleared every year. In between areas needed to be cleared there are some hidden cells, rows and columns. Is there a way to easily clear these areas, without clearing hidden and locked areas? -- --- rgs Zadig Galbaras (nick) www.tresfjording.com You can highlight disjointed areas of cells using the Ctrl key while you click and drag. For example, click cell A1 and drag to cell B2 to highlight 4 cells. Now hold down the Ctrl key and click cell A8 and...

Importing xml Data into Excel 2002
It appears that there is a bug in Excel 2002 relating to importing xml files. If the xml file is empty for example: <?xml version="1.0"?> <SUA1500> </SUA1500> Excel 2002 will crash when trying to import this using Import Data, or New Web Query. However, if the file contains something inside these tags, like: <?xml version="1.0"?> <SUA1500> Something </SUA1500> Excel 2002 will not crash. I tried various combinations of this, and it appears that Excel crashes only if there is one empty tag. If there are other populated tags such as:...

Exchange 5.0
We have an elderly exchange 5.0 box and when I drill down to the Mailbox resources section things don't look right. One particular user is showing in there as having 5800 items in his mailbox. Well when I open his email, there is nothing in his calendar, about 12 contacts, and 22 email in his inbox. All other folders are empty, including deleted items. his journal says no items to be displayed. Where on earth are these 5800 items coming from? We are trying to slim down our 1.2gig priv.edb file and things like this probably aren't helping. Regards Victoria Right click the" OU...

Excel 2008 bug