Counting in excel #3

I have a workbook of several sheets which have hundreds of
rows of data, and I want to make a summary sheet which
takes data from one column of each sheet. In the summary
sheet I want to see how many items are in the sheet within
a given range.  For instance the table is titled gains

The ranges are 1-500, 500-1000, 2000-5000, 5000-10000, and
10000+

I'm pulling the data from column N of sheets titled NE NW
SE MW SW and GL.  What counting formula could I use?
0
anonymous (74722)

I think I'd add a new worksheet and then copy each of those column N's into one
giant column in that new worksheet.

Then you could read a little about the =frequency() worksheet function in
Excel's help.

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com