Counting dates within groups #2

Hi

Is it at all possible to calculate or count groups of dates in a lis
when they have a gap of 2 days between them?

It's kind of hard to explain

The attachment has the data I'm trying to work from including
description of the result.

Cheers
Joe

            Attachment filename: timesheet test.xls
Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=56409

Is there anyone who could help with this or let me know if it's at al
possible

Most of the regulars won't open a workbook (too many bad things could happen).

If you post your question in plain text, you may get some responses.

"Joey <" wrote:

> Is there anyone who could help with this or let me know if it's at all
> possible?
>
> ---

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com
0
ec35720 (10082)

Tracking Dates For Future Occurrences
Can this be done? I want to track a yearly review. I would like the date, once entered - say 6/1/2009, to conditionally format to change yellow 30 days before, then red 15 days before, and then to stay red until the date is updated again for say 6/1/2010. Can this be done? I am new to all this, thanks.. In 2007 Also.. "Knee2no" wrote: > Can this be done? I want to track a yearly review. I would like the date, > once entered - say 6/1/2009, to conditionally format to change yellow 30 days > before, then red 15 days before, and then to stay red until the date is...

parsing a date and time field #2

Physical Inventory Count Service Provider
Would someone be able to recommend a service provider that would be able to come in an apparel retail store and do a physical inventory count? we've tried newestech handhelds, but we just dont have the right staff to do it. TIA -- Eddie B No suggestions? We are in Southern California. -- Eddie B "Eddie B" wrote: > Would someone be able to recommend a service provider that would be able to > come in an apparel retail store and do a physical inventory count? we've > tried newestech handhelds, but we just dont have the right staff to do it. > > TIA ...

Creating a Combined Date/Time Shortcut
I know Excel provides shortcuts for entering the date (CTRL + ;) and the = time (CTRL + SHIFT + ;), but I really need one that will enter both the = date=20 and time in the same cell at the same time. (Since Excel does provide=20 formatting for same-cell date and time, it seems kind of odd that there = isn't=20 a shortcut to facilitate entry.) Is it possible to create an entirely = new shortcut=20 that doesn't use macros? (This last point is important, since the = workbook is=20 shared on a network.) Any help anyone can offer would be much appreciated--I'm getting=20 desperate. T...

Money Central Portfolio #2

macro #2

merging 2 cells without losing data?

Statements #2

Monthly count
HI, I have a table with Product field and SaleDate field. I need to make a query that will give me a count of number of times a product was sold on a monthly basis. In other words, the number of records for each product in a month. Something like each productname as columnheading and name of the month as row heading, and the count in the tabulation. do i need to use crosstab query to do this? could someone guide me here? Thanks very much. Ramesh 1. Create a query using your table(s). 2. Change it to a Crosstab query (Crosstab on Query menu.) 3. Type this expression into the F...

selected row count of list box
A2k Is there a way to get the selected row count of a list box dynamically as the user selects rows? Delphi has an event called "OnSelectionChanged" but Access is much more limited. I don't want the user to have to exit the list box or click a button or anything manual in order to see the # of rows he's selected. How can this be done? I know about "lstCusts.ItemsSelected.Count" but not sure what event to use it in to accomplish what I need. Thanks, Keith Never mind. I did this and it handles both mouse and keyboard selections: Private Sub lstCusts_AfterUpdat...

Sumproduct with multiple date criteria
Having a tough time with this one. Sheet 1 Column A = Start Date, Column B = End Date, Column C = Quantity. Sheet 2 Row A = Start Date, Row B = End Date. I would like Row C to sum quantity from sheet 1 where ever the two date ranges intersect. The date ranges on sheet 2 represent the beginning and ending of a week (Mon-Sun). Sheet 1 Column A Column B Column C 01JAN2010 24JAN2010 1,000 Sheet 2 Row A 04JAN2010 11JAN2010 18JAN2010 25JAN2010 Row B 10JAN2010 17JAN2010 24JAN2010 31JAN2010 Row c 1,000 1,000 1,000 0 Do the Sheet 2 Star...

Macro

Sum amount if = 2 value's

Converting date from an external source
I am having an issued with converting a date from external data source. the data has the timestamp in the general date form mm/dd/yyyy 00:00:00. I want to convert the date to mm/dd/yyyy format so when i run a query for a single day it will return the data for that date, I can currently return the data but i have to set the parameter in the mm/dd/yyyy 00:00:00 format, i want to simply return the data by setting the parameter in the mm/dd/yyyy format Don't confuse how data is stored with how it is presented. As long as you import the date into a field defined as a Date data type, you...

Excel pivot table #2

Limiting CRM application ability to aasigning user to approprite CRM security group
IT administrator that I have for client does not like the idea of CRM application assigning user group automatically. They prefer to do the security group assignment manually. Is this possible? What do I need to do to achieve that? Thanks Kyaw Hi Kyaw, I did it the following way for a customer: 1) You will need to precreate the five groups within your AD. There is no need of having a own OU (Container, Organizational Unit) for them. Follow the naming convention of your company or use the default namings from Microsoft for the five groups. There is no need for your AD Admin to assig...

Outlook Express 6 Spell Check #2
I am using Outlook Express 6 on Windows XP, and I have a problem with spell check. When you send an email, it says "spell check has been haulted, do you want to send anyway" and if I ask it to spell check, it says an error has occured in spell check. All my spelling options are correctly set, so I don't know what the problem is. Kimberly McNabb <knmcnabb@hotmail.com> wrote: > I am using Outlook Express 6 on Windows XP, and I have a > problem with spell check. Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup. -- Brian Tillman ...

Database #2
Hi I'm new to Outlook. I hear of an Outlook database in other threads. Is this synonymous with the ..pst or .ost files people mention? Does it corrupt often and if so are there tools to repair it? Regards Craig. There's a utility called ScanPST.EXE that will scan and attempt to repair the file. Yes, typically when a user says Outlook database they're referring to their PST file "Craig Roberts" <craigroberts@jkr.co.uk> wrote in message news:C4C8E141.211DE%craigroberts@jkr.co.uk... > Hi > > I'm new to Outlook. > > I hear of an Outlook d...

unique with 2 columns

host unreachable #2
hi, if i send a email with a wrong address or mispelled it, i don't get a message that the address, destination is wrong until 4 days later after being deletedj from the outgoi queue im using E5,5 sp4 thks Is that for all domains, even for Yahoo and Hotmail? Rick wrote: > hi, > > if i send a email with a wrong address or mispelled it, i > don't get a message that the address, destination is wrong > until 4 days later after being deletedj from the outgoi > queue > > im using E5,5 sp4 > > thks ...

Excel number formatting #2

How to relate an Activity to a group of contacts?
Is there a way to easily attach an Activity to multiple Contacts. For example, how can I attach the same Task to all the Contacts in New York? Selecting contact by contact is much to time consuming you would need to write an addon to do this. -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.mscrmfaq.us "NBCRM" <NBCRM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:67F28655-9091-4E98-B971-AA37508A6DCD@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to easily attach an Activity to multiple Contacts. For > example, how can I attach the same Task to all the Contacts in New Yor...

Closing Excel #2
I have inherited an App desigend by an ex employee Sometimes the program leaves Excel in the task manager The programe uses various routines and calling various functions that define Excel sheets etc (badly named) I'm finding it hard to follow (my 1st experince of .NET) is there a way to KILL any Excel instence when exiting the program. I have come across some posts about GC (garbage collection) like this System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ReleaseComObject(oXLWsheet) oXLWsheet = Nothing 'System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ReleaseComObject(oXLWs) oXLWs = Nothing oBook.Clos...

hidden transactions #2
I have a problem with account balances: the balance for checking is way off on the hiome page than in the account register view. When I tried to find out why, I got some greyed out transaction when I went from bill schedule through right click to payee. This transaction cannot be changed or deleted, but in total all such transactions made up the difference in balance. Any suggestions? Oscar -- Elvart In microsoft.public.money, elvigor wrote: >I have a problem with account balances: the balance for checking is way off >on the hiome page than in the account register view. When I ...