counting data from a series

I have from a suvey in a 3 column table, where COL1=survey number,
COL2=question number, and COL3=response, as such:

COL1   COL2   COL3
a         Q1         2
b         Q1         3
c         Q1         1
a         Q2         3
b         Q2         3
c         Q2         1
a         Q3         2
b         Q3         3
c         Q3         1
etc..

How can I calculate all the "3" responses for all Q2s?
For example, based on the above sample table, I would expect the formula to
return "2".

0
RickS (6)

=SUMPRODUCT(--(B1:B9="Q2"),--(C1:C9=3))

Hope this helps!

In article <A40350B3-BD35-422C-8983-A66C94BA36A6@microsoft.com>,
 "ricks" <ricks@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I have from a suvey in a 3 column table, where COL1=survey number,
> COL2=question number, and COL3=response, as such:
>
> COL1   COL2   COL3
> a         Q1         2
> b         Q1         3
> c         Q1         1
> a         Q2         3
> b         Q2         3
> c         Q2         1
> a         Q3         2
> b         Q3         3
> c         Q3         1
> etc..
>
> How can I calculate all the "3" responses for all Q2s?
> For example, based on the above sample table, I would expect the formula to
> return "2".
0
domenic22 (716)
10/7/2004 3:13:42 PM
Hi,
Try
=SUMPRODUCT(--(C1:C9=3)*(B1:B9="Q2"))

0
mmzehr (177)

Hyperlinks not moving with cells when data is sorted
I have a spreadsheet where I have included hyperlinks. When I sort the data or add new rows, the hyperlinks are NOT moving to the new destination of the cell. Big problem! How do I get Excel to keep the hyperlink moving with the cell, wherever it may go? Using Excel 2003. Thanks. -- Marina ...

Data labels: need value AND % change
I'm working on a series of column charts that show annual data for # sold, $ volume, average price, median price, etc. I want it to show the 2002 and 2003 values for each of these but I ALSO want to be able to show the % change between the 2, so we can see trends. So far, I only see that you can label the data with the value, or the percentage. I haven't seen how you can show the values AND the % change. Any ideas? I'd really appreciate it! --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Create the desired label in a separate column (the 2003 price concatenated with t...

Save data as it is enerted.
How can I get my form to store data that I enter in a field, so that next time as I start to type the same data it populate the rest of the data. For example, if I enter a company name "My Company" the first time, the next time as I start typing "My..." it should populate all company names that begins with those letters and have been entered before. Possible?? -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com Forms don't store data, tables do. If you want a way, on a form, to see a list of the company names that match what you are typing in, take a look at how th...

Need help bring over GP 7.0 data to new a GP 8.0 server.
I'm setting up a GP 8.0 Test Server with SQL 2000 SP3a installed. How do I bring my Great Plains 7.0 Data into the GP 8.0 envirnoment? Thanks in advance, The easiest way is the following: On the 7.0 server, detach DYNAMICS. Copy the DYNAMICS mdf and ldf file from the 7.0 to the 8.0 server. On the 8.0 server, attach and browse to the mdf that you copied. On the 7.0 server, attach DYNAMICS. Repeat for all databases. If you also need the sql logins from the 7.0 server, there is a TK on how to do this (uses a table called RecoveryMaster within Dynamics db). If you can go without the s...

SQL Error 'CoProcess' fail accessing to SQL data
I have two companies in my Great Plains Server, i make a backup of first company and restore that in the second. but when a attempt to access to second company whith any user, and I have this error: una obtener/cambiar primero operacion en la tabla 'coProcess' ha fallado al acceder a los datos SQL Hi Before you restored the company1 to company2, did you add the users to have acces to company2? If not you will need to add the users to company 2 within Great Plains system menu (uncheck the SQL options to apply this). Can you logon as the 'sa' user? Regards James &qu...

File error: data may have been lost.
What could be the cause for system to pop up such message when opening an Excel spreadsheet in Japanese. The spreadhseet is created using Excel 2002 in Win XP Japanese. Hi (konichiwa), if you cannot open the file, try this: open a new workbook. Insert > Object > Create From file> >browse to file then okay. This creates a picture linkt othat file. Click it and see what happens. It worked for me when file became unopenable. - Mark - mark >-----Original Message----- >What could be the cause for system to pop up such message when opening an >Excel spreadshee...

Copy data between access databases with slightly different structures
If I have 2 databases with some differences in table structure, 1 is fully populated and the other empty, how can I copy only the matching fields data from one to the other? Are there any utilities available for this? See if this is what you want. Open one database and create a link to the table in the other database. Then create an append query. You can choose the fields you want to append, leaving the other fields alone and/or use criteria to chose what records you want to append. -- Joseph E. Meehan 26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math "Partha Mandayam" <partha@partha...

Problem with data using IF and Nested IF statements possibly???
Afternoon All I am attempting to analyse data from multiple worksheets from numerous people the incoming data all has one thing in common column A this is a certain frequency a job is done. The problem is that there are many ways of entering the data ie 12 months or 52 weeks or 365 days all essentially meaning the same thing. My idea is to collate the data in col A and then using the Helper column as the standard frequencies ie if cell A1 = 12 months, closes frequency in helper is 52 weeks therefore value in C1 = 52 weeks. By using an IF statement I can change the value of one frequen...

Export data from the same cell from multiple spreadsheets into a n
Hi, I am working with weekly timeshets in Excel and I am using the same form every week, but save it as a file named "Timesheet 20100122" for a week ending on Fri, Jan 22, 2010 (Our accounting week period). Therefore the daily hours appear every week in the same cell. I would need to export these hours to another - summarizing - spreadsheet (For example and invoice spreadsheet) somehow automatically. Any help would be welcomed. Thanks for your help, Cheers, Try http://www.rondebruin.nl/merge.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm ...

Hooks & sending data to the Pole Display
Hello, I am trying to send my own text during a transaction to the pole display. I have everything in place and outside of RMS I can send stuff to the pole display out the COM port, but when the hook is running during RMS POS I can not my dll to talk out to the pole display. Is there any tricks to this that anyone has found? thanks, Nick ClothingStore wrote: > Hello, > I am trying to send my own text during a transaction to the pole display. > I have everything in place and outside of RMS I can send stuff to the pole > display out the COM port, but when the hook is running...

Exporting and Importing data
I am replacing my bosses machine with a new dell laptop. I need to move his outlook over and he wants it exactly as it is on his old machine. Will someone explain the easiest and most efficient way to do this? If you are using exchange mailbox then the only thing you need to move over is your boss's .pst and .pab files. If he don't have those two files then you don't need to do anything. All the information is stored on the server. Just reconfigure the new Outlook with his exchange mail information. "lsoliz" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in...

How Do I Share Data Files?
I need to deploy an application which shares data among all users of a computer. I thought I could do that by putting the data file in the Common Application Data folder. However, that doesn't work because Vista is using virtualization to make a unique copy of the file for each user, so it isn't being shared. How do I deploy an application with shared data? Is there a document anywhere that describes the best practices for folder usage in Vista? -TC ...

Every fifth count
Hi I have a counter that counts 1,2,3 and onwards. How can I find when counter is at a multiple of 5 ie 5 or 10 or 15 etc? Thanks Regards Use Mod, e.g.: [MyField] Mod 5 -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. "John" <John@nospam.infovis.co.uk> wrote in message news:e2hUe41cIHA.3788@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hi > > I have a counter that counts 1,2,3 and onwards. How can I find when > counter is at a multiple of 5 ie 5 o...

look up a selection of data
Hi I would like to transfer or look up data when keying in a reference number and bring up all the data regarding the ref number Eg Cell A1 = 101, B1 = John and C1 = january Cell A2 = 102, B2 = Mark and C2 = january Cell A3 = 103, B3 = Sam and C3 = February Cell A4 = 101, B4 = John and C4 = March Cell A5 = 101, B5 = John and C5 = June When I key in Ref 101 in a chosen cell (eg.A10) then the display should have all the details Cell A11 = John, B11 = January Cell A12 = John, B12 = March Cell A13 = John, B13 = June I assume A11, A12 and A13 should also have formulas to generate data but I c...

Smart list data not in tables
I have alot of data that for some reason is in the smart list but is not veiwed in the tables....any easy way to get the data back in the tables. MR Have you used some tool like Query Analyzer to view the suspected tables? If you will tell me the SmartList you are trying to view, I'll give you the tables. There is no way SL is showing nonexistent data; it's just a report writer. "Mike R" <MikeR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:12CC49A0-FB4F-48F8-AAD8-7EBB2D973CCE@microsoft.com... >I have alot of data that for some reason is in the smart list b...

Copy data from Word macro to excel
I am working on a combined Word and Excel sheet (Both 2000 version) What I am trying to do is capture information in Word in an Userform The information that is entered in the form is then used to fill out word document that can be send to a customer. However this information also needs to be entered into an excel sheet currently that is done manually. But I would like to automate that wit a macro. The data that is being captured is in the following form: -If bolOKButtonPressed Then WordBasic.SetDocumentProperty "ProjectTitle", 0 UserForm1.ProjectTitle.Value, 2 WordBasic.SetD...

Transposing data
Howdy All, I receive some prospecting data in a format where: Column A Odds rows contain client name: John Q. Public Even rows contain salesman name: Assigned to Alfred E. Newman Column B Odds rows contain location information: Northeast Even rows contain various data to be deleted. What I want to have as an end results would be: Column A Only client name Column B Only salesman name Column C Location information I need to: 1) Leave data in Column A odds rows 2) transpose data from Column A even rows to Column B 3) delete data in even rows in column B 4) transpose data from Column B ...

Pivot Tables as Data Source
Does anyone know how to create a Pivot Table with multiple Pivot Tables as it's source? The source Pivot Tables retrieve data from different locations and are structured in the same way as each other, with the same dimensions - I would like to produce a summary Pivot Table. Thanks Stephen ...

Backing up Money data to online location?
2003 does not allow an easy way to save a back-up to an online location, such My Yahoo briefcase. I have to take the file, and upload it manually. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Will there be an online back-up option in future releases? I'd like to see it go to MSN via my Passport, for instance. I'd upgrade for that. Given the size of a backup and the availability of sync with the web, this might not make it anytime soon. "Iron Flatline" <tiredofvirusspam@anonymousnewsgroupreader.org> wrote in message news:emn3z882DHA.3140@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > 2003 doe...

WM5/Mny2006 Account Register Data Input
I'm using Money2006 on WM5/VGA, work fine in portrait mode until a trial version of Lingvosoft Dict, was installed, the Input field width & dropdown menu boxes under ACCOUNT REGISTER was slightly enlarged and got pushed off the right screen, now the dropdown button can only be accessed by setting the ppc in landscape mode, appreciate if anyone could provide info how to correct this problem. btw, I've uninstall and trial-ware and reinstalled money2006. TIA CZX ...

Writing data back to main form
I have a form that pops up when a certain value is selected in an Option Group on my main form. The user enters free from data in an unbound box on the popup form, then submits the "comment" through a background macro. The macro should write the "comment" back to the main form via a SetValue command, however, the macro is halted because it can't find the original form, which has remained open. Is SetValue the correct command to use in the macro? ...

Extracting Data in Cells in order -- (or) eliminating empty cell space in a column
Hi I have this problem that I bet is easy to solve, but i am lost. I am an expert at the slow way to do things, but maybe there is a better way. The only way I can describe the problem is by means of an example. Lets say I have a column of numbers: >_A_|_B_| etc >> 1_1_|___| 2_3_|___| 3_2_|___| 5_5_|___| 5_3_|___| 6_4_|___| 7_7_|___| 8_3_|___| 9_1_|___| and then i write a little function in the adjoing cell, B1: =if(a1=3,a2,"") From there I fill down column B to B9. OK, pretty simple so far, right? What I am looking for is instances where I find a '3' in co...

Retreiving Data From CBM Tables
Hi, I'm facing some problem in retrieving CBM Tables in order to design a report for my customer. For my report I want to list out the Payments Posted Records from CBM and for that I have joined the two tables i.e. CB900035 & CB777001 BELOW IS MY QUERY: SELECT B.CHEKNMBR, A.CHEKBKID, B.CB_Trans_Amount, B.CB_Type_Description, A.CB_TRANS_TYPE FROM CB900035 A, CB777001 B WHERE A.DOCNUMBR=B.CHEKNMBR AND A.CBVOIDEDCANCELLED='' AND A.CB_TRANS_TYPE='P' AND A.CHEKBKID ='BatchNO' AND A.DATE1='12-31-2005' -------------------------------- In some cases the...

Legacy Data
Has anyone migrated from Lawson to GP (or another accounting product)? If so, what have you done with your legacy data? If you mean the raw data still in the old program, burn it on DVD's and put it in the firebox. Mike "Siri" <Siri@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:759D2ADF-92E9-4157-A7B2-13A259341A50@microsoft.com... > Has anyone migrated from Lawson to GP (or another accounting product)? If > so, what have you done with your legacy data? > Import - Master DAta - GL Summary transactions - Open Receivables and Payables Try and do as lit...

Get external data locks csv file
I have a scenerio where I am querying a csv file off from a network drive using excel. This file is appended with information written by another computer. When I import a text file using a database query with the microsoft text driver I intermittently experience a permission denied on the computer writing to this csv file. There is no need for excel to lock the csv file qhen querying (as I am not writing to the file). I modified the DSN file to add readonly=1 which did not work. How can I resolve this issue? Thanks for your help. Dustin ...