counting a reoccuring pattern within column

This is my first post.  :)   I am trying to count the number of times
pattern of nonconsecutive numbers occurs within a column.  Each numbe
is within a separate cell.  Any suggestions

--
genericia
generician's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1466

Hi
not completely sure but check out COUNTIF

number of times a
>pattern of nonconsecutive numbers occurs within a
column.  Each number

--------------
>generician's Profile:
http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?
action=getinfo&userid=14664
>View this thread:
>
>.

0
frank.kabel (11126)

Counting number of dates in a column
Hi - Is there a way to count the number of dates in a column that contains both text and dates ? thanks, Rick Hi Rick try =SUMPRODUCT(--(ISNUMBER(A1:A1000))) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Rick wrote: > Hi - Is there a way to count the number of dates in a > column that contains both text and dates ? > > thanks, > > Rick Thanks Frank ! Quick question - what do the two dashes do in the formula? thx Rick >-----Original Message----- >Hi Rick >try >=SUMPRODUCT(--(ISNUMBER(A1:A1000))) > >-- >Regards >Frank Kabel >Frankfurt, G...

Populate a table from another table column
Is there an easy way to fill a column in one table based on what is entered in another table? For example I have a table for a list of raw materials. I want to automatically add those materials to an order guide table, so that any raw material added to the database is automatically on the order guide table. Any Suggestions? Bo Harris wrote: > Is there an easy way to fill a column in one table based on what is > entered in another table? For example I have a table for a list of > raw materials. I want to automatically add those materials to an > order guide table, so that ...

Changing column names
Can the columns be named ( changing the A B C etcto the months of the year? Cathy No. The column headings are either A,B,C or 1,2,3. You can hide them though, and use Row 1 as your column header row. Then you use whatever you want for the column headers. HTH Otto "Cathy S" <Cathy S@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C6DB1DB3-7ED9-4AAD-8395-E9754DCEBA2C@microsoft.com... > Can the columns be named ( changing the A B C etcto the months of the > year? ...

How to select one record of each from a column
Hello, I have a large worksheet with data. Here are the columns (a, b & c): Order # Employee Hrs. 1000 Mike 2 2000 Mike 1 1000 Paul 2 3000 Rose 3 8000 Mike 1 3000 Mike 2 1000 Rose 1 4000 Paul 1 7000 Jhon 3 5000 Rose 2 1000 Jhon 3 6000 Mike 1 9000 Mike 3 1000 Mike 2 Is there a formula to select only one of each record on "Order #" (column a) and put them on another column (column d)??? Once the formula is created, column d should look like this: 1000 2000 3000 4000 5000 6000 7000 8000 9000 Help ...

Add a "Length" column to Deployment Manager snap-in
In current version of CRM, the only way to see length of an attribute of type string is to double click that attribute in Deployment Manager. I would like to see that information quickly, without the need of opening (double-clicking or right-clicking and then selecting "Properties") every single attribute in the default view, in which the only available columns are "Name", "Type", "Display" and "Description". For the rest of the types, this column would be blank. Thank you! ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and M...

Counting ASP.NET sessions in a web farm
Hi, We have a ASP .NET application which will be deployed in a web farm. We would like to find the total number of sessions that have been established. If we create a counter in global.asax.cs, it will be able to count only within aspnet_wp process. In a web farm, multiple nodes will have IIS on multiple machines. If we use SQL server-based session management, can we get the total number of active session by querying the Session DB? If we later decide to use session state server to store the sessions, can we get the number of active sessions? Thanks, Yash On Oct 8, 11:44=A0am,...

Occurance Number Within a String
Hi, How can I return the occurance number of the comma just before a specific word, say for this example, before "Red" Green, Blue, Purple, Red, Yellow, Orange So I should get the result: 3 TIA. -- JohnnyBGood ------------------------------------------------------------------------ JohnnyBGood's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29783 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=494903 Try something like Dim S As String Dim T As String Dim L As Long Dim Pos As String S = "Green, Blue, Purple, Red, Yellow...

How do I concatenate two columns when one is in date format?
I am trying to combine two columns using =concatenate. One of them is a column of dates. When I execute the formula the returned value changes my date into a text number. How do i maintain the date value? Within the CONCATENATE() function, instead of referring to the date cell alone, refer to it by nesting the TEXT() function. For instance: if your date cell is A1 and you're concatenating it with cell B1, your formula would look something like this: =CONCATENATE(TEXT(A1,"mm/dd/yyyy"),B1) You may need to change the arguments of the TEXT function to fit your specific applic...

how to delete rows based on duplicate information in a column
Is there a way (beside writing a macro) to delete if you have identical entries in a column and you want to keep only one copy of that row. For e.g. A B C 1 2 3 1 4 5 Since there are Two 1's in A i only want to keep one copy of that row. Thanks in advace for help, -- albertpinto ------------------------------------------------------------------------ albertpinto's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=9370 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=546032 albertpinto wrote: > Is there a way (beside writing...

Scrolling Text Box Within Worksheet From Another
Hi! I'm creating a spreadsheet which is designed to enter updated comments against a customer account for the use by sales people - basically a poor mans CRM system! What I'd like to do is insert some sort of scrollable text screen within a worksheet that links to a raw data worksheet in the same spreadsheet. A little bit like this message box that we type in while posting a message, but pulling back information based on a specific condition like show me all the comments on customer x that have been entered previously. I'd GREATLY appreciate any advise! Nathan, I'm ...

Changing column widths in certain cells
Is there any way I can specify different column widths as I move down the spreadsheet? For instance, I need columnA to be 20 wide in rows 1-20 and 10 wide in rows 21-40. no however, you could merge cells to achieve this - but these can cause problems later if you are doing any filtering or sorting etc Cheers JulieD "arreferee" <arreferee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9BD7AE8E-F014-4A77-AFC0-D8610B495CF7@microsoft.com... > Is there any way I can specify different column widths as I move down the > spreadsheet? For instance, I need columnA to be...

How do you count the number of * in a string?
Hi all, Could anybody provide the vba code to count the number of * contained in the string of a cell. The string has leading 'spaces' TIA Regards Michale On Jan 14, 1:22=A0pm, "michael.beckinsale" <michael.beckins...@ntlworld.com> wrote: > Hi all, > > Could anybody provide the vba code to count the number of * contained > in the string of a cell. The string has leading 'spaces' > > TIA > > Regards > > Michale If the string is in C1 occursnumber =3D Len(Range("C1")) - Len(Replace(Range("...

Macros and deleting a column
I've got a "contents" sheet which has numerous buttons which take users to a cell on a separate worksheet. I'd like to delete some of the columns in the worksheet as they are no longer needed. When I do this however the macro doesn't amend to the new cell reference. There's a lot of coulmns to delete and a lot of macros that won't work. Any ideas gratefully received. Hi you may post the relevant part of your macro -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Blackcat" <Blackcat@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:F757F808...

Need to split one long column into multiple rows
I have a single column of numbers constituting about 42,000 rows. They're from a "Monte Carlo" simulation of an economic model spanning 75 years, and the results from each of 500 simulations are stacked on top of each other. Eg, for simulation 1 you get years 1 through 75, then repeated for simulation 2, etc. What I'd like to do is split the single column into multiple columns representing each simulation. So, in this case, I'd have 500 columns with 75 rows each rather than a single column with 42,000 rows. This woudl make it much easier for me to analyze the distributio...

can i restrict data entry from certain columns
Is there a way to keep data from being entered in all columns afte column B? The data is scanned by wireless barcode scanner and th scanner can only have one suffix (i.e. tab, space, enter) {can' alternate}. This will help in having to go back and cut and paste al the entered data to the correct position on the spreadsheet -- surgeando ----------------------------------------------------------------------- surgeandoj's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2503 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=38561 Select the c...

Counting non-blank cells
I need a simple formula to count non-blank cells. The cell data is numerical and I need to exclude the header row. I am doing a SUM function for 1 part of my information (total hours for category), but now need to how many entries per category. Any help would be greatly appreciated! On Wed, 5 May 2004 14:53:11 -0700, "Kathryn Bittman" <Kathryn.Bittman@state.or.us> wrote: >I need a simple formula to count non-blank cells. The >cell data is numerical and I need to exclude the header >row. > >I am doing a SUM function for 1 part of my information >...

count xml child nodes
As a newbie to PS I'm very impressed as to what it can do, but I'm having trouble understanding some of the subtleties. I'm trying to process a large XML file, roughly of the form shown in the code snippet below, but have hit an issue I don't understand. The code that explains this is... $xW = [xml]@' <W> <X xID="1"> <Y yID="20"> <Z zID="201"/> </Y> <Y yID="30"> <Z zID="301"/> <Z zID="302"/>...

How do I increment or decrement values in a column?
I have a column of the numbers 1 and 0. In an adjacent column, I want to increment or decrement the value by 1. I know there's a simple way to do this, but, I can't see it! Thanks for any help, OldKenGoat Example: Col A Col B 0 0 1 1 1 2 1 3 0 2 1 3 1 4 0 3 0 2 0 1 0 0 1 1 1 2 0 1 In B2: =B1+(IF(A2=0,-1,1)) Fill down -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "OldKenGoat" <wswensonNOJUNK@cablespeed....

problem selecting rows (or columns)
When working in a large spreadsheet I often have to highlight a range of cells or rows encompassing a few hundred rows When dragging the pointer down to the bottem of the page, the sheet usually moves down in a normal manner. However, at times it speeds up so quickly I can't control where I need to stop. This is NOT the same thing as speeding it up a little by dragging the pointer a little lower, this is FAST. I know others who have this problem I've gone into Control Panel to adjust speed, doesn't work It seems to happen when I've been working on a sheet a long time. Couple ...

comparing columns in two workbooks
someone may be able to help, may not. My problem is this: I've been given two spraedsheets with employee info on. I have to lis the employees that do not appear on both sheets. How can I compare th two sheets by way of the employeeID to produce a report on who' missing from both? Any help more than gratefully recieved.. -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi see: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm#InOneNotOther for tagging these entries -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "richiemac >" <<richiemac.19la4x@excelforum-nospam.com>...

How do I fix column widths in Excel Pivot Tables?
How do I fix column widths in Excel Pivot Tables so that width does not change with each refresh? If your pivot table is already created, select a cell within the table and click on the Pivot Table Wizard Button. Select the Options button, deselect the AutoFormat option box and select the Preserve Formatting option box. If just creating your pivot table, at step 3 of 3 of the wizard click the Options button and do as above. Note: when formatting the table, if you have any categories in the "Page" section, make sure it is set to "All" and not filtered otherwise it ke...

Physical Inventory Count
Can anybody explain to me how RMS SO 2.0 handles physical inventory count while the store is open and sales are being made while the physical inventory count is in progress? I.E. If the physical inventory count takes 3 days, I have a certain item (ILC) that gets scanned in on day 1 (first floor), day 2 (second floor), and day 3 (third floor), but on day two I also sell 1 of this certain item. Does RMS correct or adjust for this sale while the PIC is in progress? Any (other) pitfalls or suggestions? ------=_NextPart_0001_1FC77147 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bi...

hr worksheet counting days missed
I currently track employee time for the purpose of tracking vacation time. Now my bosses would like to add a function that will alert if an employee is absent more than three times in 180 days. I am trying to figure out how to start. The data is in the workbook (each employee on a seperate sheet) and i currently have a summary sheet for the vacation time. I need one for the time missed within 180 days how do I start? You would need to give us more, a lot more, detail on how an employee sheet is laid out. -- HTH Bob "Tina" <Tina@discussions.microsoft....

Counting number of records based on criteria
Hello, (Try again to get the question in the google-groups. Perhaps not pushed on the send button). For counting records as expression in a report in ms.access I'm using =count(*) which shows all records. Now I also want to know how many of them has registered a specific data in a specific field. I'm trying to use =count([Field1]="999") to count how many of the selection reported has registered data 999. This option isn't work. Can somebody give me the correct solution. thanks, Johan The 999 needs to go in the criteria for the query driving the...

Pivot table "Sum of" or "Count of"
I have created a macro to create several pivot tables. Some show "Sum of XXX" and some "Count of XXX". I actually want all to be "Sum of XXX". So how to change the macro to show "Sum of" when the pivot table gives "Count of". Here are codes for one of the tables: With pt1 .PivotFields("REGION").Orientation = xlPageField .PivotFields("DIVISION").Orientation = xlColumnField .PivotFields("YEAR").Orientation = xlRowField .PivotFields("SALES")....