Counting a Range of Values

Who likes a challange?

I have a workbook that has multiple worksheets.  A number of th
worksheets are identical and are used by multiple users to input thei
own data.  I need to extract a set number of rows from 2 of the column
on each of these given sheets. To make matters more interesting, I onl
want to extract the row if there is information in it.  If the field i
blank, leave it!  I want these to be extracted into another worksheet i
the same workbook.

After I perform a calculation on each of these rows that were exported
I will get a new column which will contain a time. (ie: 8:45)  I want t
be able to count the number of entries for a set range.  (ie: Befor
8:00 AM, 8:00 AM - 9:00 AM, etc...)

Below is a sample of what would appear in each worksheet.

Call Time     Wait Time
12:44 PM           8
12:56 PM           12

Is there a way for Excel to do this? I know a little more then th
average bear on how to use this program, but certain things elud
me...

Thank you in Advance,

James :)  :

--
slyverso
slyverson's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2690

Cell Values Not There ???
I'm using VBA code in Excel 2007. I am having a strange problem. The cells have content. Some of them, but not all of them, are selected from Data Validation lists (drawn from a named range). However, when I try to access their values in VBA, it says they are empty!'' For example, the simple code: Debug.Print "Cell value is: " & ActiveSheet.Cells(2, 7).Value results in the output: Cell value is: I even tried the following code, to make sure it was not a problem with the ActiveSheet reference: ThisWorkbook.Sheets("Form").Cells(2, 7)....

Displaying Counts when Filtering
Usually when using the filter function, the total records in the spreadsheet and the number of records that match the filter criteria are displayed on the lower left of the window (I guess it's the status bar). However, for certain files that I have, no counts are displayed when I filter. Does anyone know if there is a setting in the file that causes this or something else that needs to be changed? I do notice this happens frequently with files created by exporting from Access, but not always. It also happens with other files, but I can't find a common denominator. Hi To...

range of chart
If I am trying to chart information related to individual's payroll in comparison to total pay roll, how do I select the correct range to have the names show along with the value ranges? Tracey - Do you want the names ass data labels, linked to the points? If so, use one of these free utilities to add text from cells to the chart: Rob Bovey's Chart Labeler, http://appspro.com John Walkenbach's Chart Tools, http://j-walk.com - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/index.html _______ Tracey wrote: > If I am trying to chart...

How do I format a field based on the value
I have a form that is populated from a query using several tables. In the detail section I have the following fields: Category Code qty PO number ... .... ... The qty is populated in the query based on whether or not a PO number is available. If the PO number is not available then it comes from table a, if it is available then it comes from table b. On the form, I have my fields color-coded for easy reading. I would like to be able to color the border and column heading based on where this value comes from. If table A, then it is blue, if table b then it...

Linking Range
If I have a source sheet1 and this same range is linked to sheet 2, why if I insert a line on my source data no line is inserted on the link data. How can link two ranges so that if I insert a row on the one a row will also be inserted on the orter with links to the inserted rows? I'm getting dizzy with that. Don't know why you would think linking sheets together should handle inserting rows automatically. Group your sheets. Then when you insert a row on the one you see the other sheets in the group will receive the same treatment as if you had done the same keyboard instruct...

Count of Unique Items?
Hi, I have a worksheet (Sheet1) where column A consists of dates (in date order). I need to look at this column from another sheet (Sheet2) in the same workbook and return the number of unique dates in this column. For example, on Sheet1 cell A1 has the heading Date, A2 is 10/01/04, A3 is 10/01/04, A4 is 10/01/04 and A5 is 10/05/04. From cell A1 on Sheet2 I need to look at the range A2:A5 on Sheet1 and return the number 2 (the number of unique dates in the range). Any help would be greatly appreciated. Monte Sliger Try the following... =SUM(IF(Sheet1!A2:A5<>"",1/COUN...

Max Value
I am trying to use Conditional Formatting to find the Max value in a Row using =Max(B6:AC6), having that cell Highlight to a different color but the =Max is highlighting them all. Help phuser wrote: >I am trying to use Conditional Formatting to find the Max value in a Row >using =Max(B6:AC6), having that cell Highlight to a different color but the >=Max is highlighting them all. > There may be other ways, but what I do is create a column, or in your case cell, (can be hidden, or way out of sight) having the formula =Max(B6:AC6). Then use the value of that cell as the co...

Xpath with multiple values..

counting seconds
=SECOND(NOW()) and holding down the F9 key starts at whatever the second hand is pointing at and counts up to 59, then starts back at 0, 1, 2, to 59, 0, 1, 2 and so on. How can I write it so it starts at 0, and counts 1, 2, 3,...,59, 60,61,...forever? Hi have a look at http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/datetime.htm (at the bottom of this site): There are some example counters / stop timer functions. This may what you're looking for -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "scott" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:143e601c3f7f9$b63ac...

How to fill cell with two combobox values?
I am looking for VB code for command button that fills two combo box values and a toggle value (Y/N) behind each other in one cell. Bart Excel 2003 ...

Count with two criteria
I am working in Excel 2003, I am trying to count with two criteria and multiple sheets. I am using this formula: =SUMPRODUCT(('Sum 1Q10'!A2:A4="BKD")*('Sum 1Q10'!F2:F4="Open")) my result is 0. It should be 1. Is there another way to do this? I really need help. Lisak- There are a couple of approaches to do this; I'll give you the one I use out of habit. The sumproduct conditions evaluate to true or false. You have to force them back to a numeric format. Some folks do that with a leading double negative on each condition. I tend to ...

How to clean 0x0E value from file when using XSL?
I have some code that cleans up an xml file before running xsl transformation on it due to what I call bad characters in the data. I have as an example: str = Replace(str, "&#x19;", ".") str = Replace(str, "&#x18;", ".") In there as filters to strip out characters XSL doesn't like and replace it with periods. I am now getting an exception of a hex value of 0x0E however can't figure out what the string replace value should be for this one. From what I can tell, it's some kind of "shift out" character whatever that is. A...

How do I assign a set of values to a selection from a drop list?
Hi. I am trying to assign a set of values, in separate fields ,to a each selection from a drop-down list in Excel (using data validation). What I am trying to do is very smilar to, say, to selecting a SKU from a list and having the product description, unit price etc. fill into their corresponding fields automatically. For example, I pick SKU "11111" from a drop-down list to fill the SKU field, then, automatically, "5-inch widget" comes up in the product description field and "$5.00" shows up in the unit price field. Please help. Mike Along with the d...

Can I remove blanks from a range without using sort?
I have a range of cells A1:a10, say, which obtain data from another source. Some of those cells a3, a6:a8, say, under certain conditions, will be blank. How do I reorder this range such that the cells containing information are listed together, removing the blanks? I want to do this using a formula, rather than filter or sort, as the data, and hence the blank cells, will change, and I want to perform analysis on the cells containing data. this is from one of the newsgroup correspondents use this code statement Range("a1:a10").SpecialCells(xlCellTypeBlanks).EntireRow.Del...

How to copy a filtered range ?
Hi, In a range of cells that i have filtered by edit>go>special>formulas>ctrl+9, therefore remained only rows with constant values, now that i need to copy these rows on a new book to upgrade their values and repaste them on the original book in the same column but without overwriting the hidden rows which contains formulas, is that possible ? Thank you very much . -- gaftalik ------------------------------------------------------------------------ gaftalik's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=6450 View this thread: http://www.excelfor...

change range for multiple charts
Hi I need to change the range for multiple charts, i.e. i have to go chart by chart and modify, either with the mouse or by typing, the new range, is there a quicker way to do this? "Yossi evenzur" wrote: > Hi > I need to change the range for multiple charts, i.e. i have to go chart by > chart and modify, either with the mouse or by typing, the new range, is there > a quicker way to do this? I've written a little Excel add-in that performs mass edits of series formulas: How to Edit Series Formulas http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/how-to-edit...

Count over group
I have a view that I want to count the occurrance of a FedIDNo only once in a group of linked SSNs (using ROW_NUMBER() OVER ?). For instance, if I have the following I want to count only 1: FedIDNo SSN 123456789 987654321 123456789 998877654 Below is my SQL. SELECT dbo.ClientInfo.FedIDNo, dbo.People.SSN FROM dbo.Timesheets INNER JOIN dbo.ClientInfo ON dbo.Timesheets.ClientLinkID = dbo.ClientInfo.PeopleLinkID INNER JOIN dbo.People INNER JOIN dbo.PeopleLink ON dbo.People.PersonID = dbo....

Pivot table and counting.

How do you serialize a blank value in XML to GP using eConnect?
Hi, I'm trying to save a customer address with a blank ADDRESS2 field to our Great Plains database using eConnect 10 for GP 10. ADDRESS2 has a value in the database, but the user wants to set it to blank (delete it). I update the object, then serialize it, and pass it eConnect. The problem is that the XmlSerializer class serializes only non-empty fields in the eConnect.Serialization.taCreateCustomerAddress_ItemsTaCreateCustomerAddress object to XML. And fields not present in the XML are not overwritten in the database (explained here http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb625...

Displaying values vs formulas
I'm having another brain-dead moment and I hope someone can resuscitate! I'm putting formulas in various cells on a worksheet and some of them are displaying the results and some are just showing in the cell as the formula. How can I get them all to display results. I swear that all the cells are formatted the same but the displays are different. What am I doing wrong? Thanks for any help. Gary Vocks The cells displaying the formula itself and not the results are probably formatted as Text. A quick way to find out if this is so, is to select a cell that displays the formula, the...

Accumulating Values in a Pivot table
Hi all. Does anybody of you know, how I can show in a Pivot table accumulated values (example)in each row: Day Amount Accum. Value 1 50 50 3 75 125 8 105 230 .. .. .. .. .. .. and so on. Maybe someone give me a tip. Thanx a lot Regards Kurt Hi Kurt, That is one of the big advantages of using Pivot Tables One place to start would be Debra Dalgleish's Contextures.com/techtip.html http://www.contex...

Count number of instances
Need a formaula to look at an entire column and count the number of different times (say date of product) Thanks -- ce Do you mean a unique count..=COUNT() will give you a total count of numeric values (including date, time, numbers etc; ). Why dont you post few samples... "Curtis" wrote: > Need a formaula to look at an entire column and count the number of > different times (say date of product) > > Thanks > -- > ce Yes sorry unique count. If I have Products in column b apples apples peach grape lemon I want to count t...

Date dependant values.
Up to 10 times a year, I want to add a value of one to cell V4 starting with zero. I have come up with the following formula =IF(TODAY()<38530,(0),IF(TODAY()<38540,(1),IF(TODAY()<38550,(2),IF(TODAY()<38560,(3),4)))) etc. The problem is that I can only use the IF formula seven times. I would very much appreciate it if you could write a new formula for me as I am quite new to the whole thing and it took me weeks to work mine out! (I have been advised to use the VLOOKUP formula but cannot get my head round it.) Thanking you in anticipation. -- Big Rick Can you tell us when you wa...

VBA Make calculation on range
Hello, Is there a way i can make calculations on a range of cells without using using a for each.. next loop. I want to add 10 to the values in a range. You can do sheet1.range("A:A") = 10 but you can't do = sheet1.range("A:A") + 10. -- Talk to you later Nathan No loop is needed: Sub dural() Set r1 = Range("B1") Set r2 = Range("A1:A100") r1.Value = 10 r1.Copy r2.PasteSpecial Operation:=xlAdd End Sub -- Gary''s Student - gsnu2007L "Nathan" wrote: > Hello, > > Is there a way i can make calculations on a range of...

filter form on value from linked table
Is it possible to filter a form (based on table A) on a value in a table B where the tables are linked? Table A ID lastname firstname companyid ... Table B companyid companyname ... I would like to filter the form records (Table A) by using as input the company name (or part of it) from a textbox. Thank you -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/200704/1 Sorry for this but I forgot I would like to use like frm.Filter = as I already use it to filter the form based on values from another txtbox on the lastname -- Message poste...