Countif using more than one criteria.

Hello

I am trying to create a function that will read a range of dates that
greater than one date and lesser than another date and return the total
number.  I have tried the countif function without success.  Any suggestions?
0
Shayne (11)

Hi
use SUMPRODUCT. see:

Regards
Frank Kabel
Frankfurt, Germany

"Shayne" <Shayne@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Hello
>
> I am trying to create a function that will read a range of dates that
> greater than one date and lesser than another date and return the
total
> number.  I have tried the countif function without success.  Any
suggestions?

0
frank.kabel (11126)
10/15/2004 9:51:21 PM
=COUNTIF(DateRange,">"&E2)-COUNTIF(DateRange,">="&F2)

where E2 houses a true date and F2 another true date with E2 <= F2.

"Shayne" <Shayne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello
>
> I am trying to create a function that will read a range of dates that
> greater than one date and lesser than another date and return the total
> number.  I have tried the countif function without success.  Any
> suggestions?

0
akyurek (248)
10/15/2004 10:32:40 PM
Thank you very much...it works great.

Shayne

"Aladin Akyurek" wrote:

> =COUNTIF(DateRange,">"&E2)-COUNTIF(DateRange,">="&F2)
>
> where E2 houses a true date and F2 another true date with E2 <= F2.
>
> "Shayne" <Shayne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hello
> >
> > I am trying to create a function that will read a range of dates that
> > greater than one date and lesser than another date and return the total
> > number.  I have tried the countif function without success.  Any
> > suggestions?

0
Shayne (11)

Need to insert a picture using a function
I would like to know if it is possible to insert a picture (.jpg) using a function. I have a simple quote sheet setup for my customers and would like to insert a picture of the product next to the quote information. Is it possible to insert a picture based on what i enter as my product number?? I know this is a vague question, sorry. Someone help please!!! Try this link for a possible solution:- http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/lookuppics.html -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 00/02/03 -------------...

receive mail from internet using exchange server 2003
I have configured Microsoft Excahnge Server 2003 standard over Windows 2003 standard Platform. I have 4 users and 4 mail accounts on same domain ( jssindia.com) now i am able to send mails from every user account to internet but unable to receive any mail. Hi Arvind, Have you created an MX record for your SMTP namespace and is it pointing to the correct server? Have you created a recipient policy for this namespace? Check the user accounts do they have email addresses? Regards -- Ben Hoffman MCP (Win2000 Pro/Server & Exchange 2003 Admin) http://www.ExchangeIS.com "Arvind M...

Using lookup function
Hi, I am trying to code a spdsht that can be used to monitor diskspace across multiple servers and logical drives per server. The data acquisition is complete and i have no problems automating the collection of the data using a wmi script and feeding it into excel and generated basic time vs diskspace charts. What i want to create is a simple dashboard style chart that will show any logical drive that is below a certain threshold to provide a clear visual warning to the operator. At the moment I have a simple min() function using if() to remove servers whose free space is great than ...

Multiple data validation criteria?
Working in 2003, but this workbook has to also work in 2007 For this project I have to avoid macros because users are remote and may not enable macros. I have a column which needs two different data validation criteria; (1) ColumnA >Column B and ColumnA <Column C (I can do this with data validation) (2) ColumnA does not contain values at more than one decimal place 4.2 is ok, 4.21 is not I can also do this with data validation (custom formula) However, Excel appears limited in that I cannot apply more than one data validation criteria. Is there any (non-VBA) w...

use Outlook for Hotmail mangement
How do I change my default email to go to Outlook instead of the msn home page for hotmail? Any help will be appreciated. "write-mine" said in news:59ba01c3e55e$db1c5720$a401280a@phx.gbl: > How do I change my default email to go to Outlook instead > of the msn home page for hotmail? Any help will be > appreciated. What default e-mail client is listed under the Programs tab for Internet Options? -- ____________________________________________________________ *** Post replies to newsgroup. E-mail is not accepted. *** _____________________________________________________...

Date Formate when using ds.WriteXml
I have a Table in a Typed Dataset which contains a Date field called EventDate. I've ensured that the field is defined as Date as opposed to DateTime in the Typed Dataset. When I generate an xml file from an instance of this typed dataset using the ds.WriteXml method, all the dates come out formatted as follows: <EventDate>2004-01-26T00:00:00.0000000-05:00</EventDate> which is the DateTime datatype of the W3C XML Schema Part 2: Datatypes I want the dates to come out as <EventDate>2004-01-26</EventDate> which is the Date datatype of the W3C XML Schema Part 2: D...

use data on master worksheet for sorting #2
The data is a list of people, the projects they are working on, th completion date, who they work for, their skill set, etc. My manage wants this data sorted several different ways ie by skill set completion date and manager. Several different people will be updating the data and I don't want t rely on them to copy and paste it to the additional worksheets the sort it properly. I saw some VBA code on this site that copies from multiple sheets t one sheet. How would I copy one sheet to multiple sheets then sort th data every time it is changed -- cwjoh ----------------------------...

using a "read receipt" for emails sent through Publisher
I'm using Outlook Express to send my email newsletter. Outlook Express itself has "read receipt" functionality. However, when I attempt to send my message through Publisher, I don't see "read receipt" as an option. Ideas? Michelle "mlemblem" <mlemblem@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B015970F-4DDA-4D2B-9C4A-5215E3C84814@microsoft.com... > I'm using Outlook Express to send my email newsletter. Outlook > Express > itself has "read receipt" functionality. However, when I attempt to > se...

I use outlook at work. Can I check my outlook mail from my home ?
I would like to able to check my outlook mail from my home computer. Can this be done? If so how? "DKLI25" <DKLI25@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:983617A4-A690-4B43-8C2F-01C62FBAC672@microsoft.com... >I would like to able to check my outlook mail from my home computer. Can > this be done? If so how? If "Work" will allow, set up NetMeeting. Allows complete access to your work computer. If using Exchange at work, ask the Admin about using Outlook Web Access... much safer and more secure than using NetMeeting, which only a few compa...

ticker symbol already being used
In my continuing learning process I must have added a mutual fund incorrectly. Let's say the ticker is RYTRX and I didn't know the actual name of the fund and called it rytrx instead of its actual and full name. Now that I want to edit, Money refuses, stating that RYTRX is assigned to rytrx. I cannot insert the correct ticker for the correctly names fund and want to learn how to correct my mistake by finding where RYTRX and rytrx are paired, and fix the problem. Help. Thanks. In microsoft.public.money, thomasjsmith wrote: >In my continuing learning process I must have...

How to reply to an email in a public folder, using a general email address
Hi, I'm working on a support desk which handles incoming enquiries via a public inbox which can be viewed by the whole support team. What I want to be able to do is reply to these messages using a different email address to normal (ie. changing the from address). This is very easy in Outlook Express but I'm not sure how to do this in Outlook 2000. Thanks "Charles" <cwilson@rm.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:099d01c36bbe$041773f0$a601280a@phx.gbl > Hi, > > I'm working on a support desk which handles incoming > enquiries via a public inbox whic...

loop using <xsl:for-each> and external javascript function
Hi, I have an xsl as below. I am trying to loop using <xsl:for-each> and in the select attribute of <xsl:for-each> i am getting the nodeset from the external javascript function in the <CDATA> section. This code works fine with MSXML4.0 parser. When I try to use .Net, it gives me error saying " The expression passed to this method should result in a NodeSet." <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <xsl:stylesheet version="1.0" xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform" xmlns:fo="http://www.w3.org/1999...

How to get full address in "To" using first few letters of name
At one time, I was able to automatically get the full email address automatically entered in the "To' line after entering just the first few letters of the contact name. Now this only happens when I send another message to the same person I previously sent. How can I get this to work for all contacts? Autocompletion has never used your Contacts. It only uses a cache of previous recipients. -- Russ Valentine "bobengel" <bobengel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D279BE8E-33AE-40EC-9E28-EB614B8A292C@microsoft.com... > At one time, I...

VC++ .NET 2002: No Ellipse drawn in Window when using the MM_ANISOTROPIC mapping mode
Hi all I changed some lines of the Ex05a example of "Programming With Microsoft Visual C++ .NET Core Reference " (6th Edition) (Microsoft Press, 2003) by G. Shepherd with D. Kruglinski in the following way: Replaced the default MM_TEXT mapping mode with the variable-scale MM_ANISOTROPIC mapping mode in the OnDraw funtion of Ex05View.cpp file (see the attached file below). I did 'Build' successfully. I clicked '! Start Without Debuggin' and an "Ex05a-Untitled" window appeared, but it did not have the Ellipse figure!!?? Please help and tell me what I should d...

COUNTIF With two criteria
How can i count rows with two criteria. I can use COUNTIF with only one criteria... does it posible to count with two criteria.. For example, I need to count the A's in the column A1:A100 which satisfies the condition "O" in column D1:D100. Perhaps you can nest your if statements. =SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A100="A"),--(D1:D100="O")) -- HTH Bob Phillips (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Boran D�zg�n" <dboran@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:e6D5qTjQGHA.2496@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > How can i count rows with two...

Outlook 2007 send from one email, get undeliverable that shows ano
I create a new message and send it using one email account (POP3) in Outlook 2007. I get an undeliverable message that shows the sending address (which should be the address I sent the message from) is a totally different address - also POP3. The content of the Undeliverable email is strange as well (this is the total message): ------------------------------------------------------------------ Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: RE: Our Vacation! Sent: 1/10/2010 10:09 AM The following recipient(s) cannot be reached: ...

couting occurence using multiple dates in single cell
Hi, I need to count the no. of meeting that took place in each month. My worksheet is January Feb to Dec column A column B Column C to Column M Column C (data) 1 name no of meeting No of meeting 2 Jack 1/1/09, 1/3/09, 2/1/09, 2/5/09, 3/1/09.4/1/09 3 Peter 2/1/09, 3/1/09,3/15/09 4 Paul 3/1/09, 4/1/09, 4/2/09 is there a way to count the ...

Using macro for page break
How can we use a macro to insert page breaks every 25th line? Please help. -- Sara Sara, If your row height is consistent, you may be able to get the same result by raising the bottom margin. File - Print Preview. Turn on the Margins button. Drag the bottom margin (the upper one at the bottom -- the other is for the footer) up until it prints only 25 rows. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "Sara" <Sara@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ADF97304-65AE-47A7-A587-4EA7E78B1685@microso...

countif quary
Hi, I have one quary in excel which I would like to ask while sending excel file but how can I attach my excel file to you? Basically my quary is; I want to count the volume of different products ( in somany colmns like b,c,d,e,f etc) towards a specific name appears in colomn a in many rows and the count should be greater then 0 before each colomn in b,c,d,e,f etc while ignoring minus volume. Regards. Jaipal Let's say the first three rows have this data (I will only go to column D) cat 2 3 5 dog 1 5 3 cat 4 6 -2 You want an answer like Cat = 20 Dog = 9 This formula will give 20...

How do I set up a banner so that it saves in one piece
I've been trying to save a banner in Micro. Publish. in one piece, so that I can forward it to a professional printer, however, the document keep saving in panels, which is no good for anyone. Does your printer have a setting for creating banners? Take a look in your Printer Setup. -- Don ------- Vancouver, USA "Derek R." <Derek R. @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5023AD8F-A31E-4043-83A4-FE364382D2C3@microsoft.com... > I've been trying to save a banner in Micro. Publish. in one piece, so that > I > can forward it to a professional p...

transferring data from one calendar to another
I finally received a computer at work, after having done all my calendaring for appointments on my home computer for several months. I work in a large school district and the new e-mail system seems to utilize Outlook (the calendar looks identical). Is there a way I can transfer the data from my Outlook (2002) calendar at home to my calendar through the system's network at work? The computer is brand new so I assume that it would be the most recent version of Outlook on the work computer. If anyone can help, I'd appreciate it greatly! You can export your calendar to a PST file in...

Password not working on one machine
This is very bizarre. I have an excel document that is password protected and can be open by everyone except for this one computer. It's saying that the password is not correct. It doesn't matter who is logged in so it tells me it's computer specific. I have tried a different keyboard, with no luck...any suggestions would be great. I used to walk over to a co-worker's desk and turn off the capslock button. Could it be something that simple? M. Lord wrote: > > This is very bizarre. I have an excel document that is password protected > and can be open by e...

Passing a value from one form to another
Let me start out by saying I am a neophyte when it comes to Access. I was "volunteered" for this project, so I have to make do with the situation. I am using A2003 on a pc; the application is for data entry of a survey and the db contains one table with eight (8) forms (each being a section of the survey. On the first form is the survey ID; this is the value I need to pass from one form to the next. I navigate to each form via a control button, which I have a macro to close the form you are leaving and open the form you desire. What I need to do is to pass the survey ID from the f...

Using TAB to change pages
I have a multiple page form. Each page is a seperate tab. How do I get the tab key or enter key to go to the next page in the form. When I tried event procedures, I used on LOSTFOCUS GOTO PAGE 2. When the macro was run, it came back with an error The cammand or action "GOTO PAGE" is'nt available now. with the expination that I may be read only database or an unconverted database. I am using 2007. So you are using a Tab Control? The tab control has multiple tab pages... Just set focus to the next tab page: TabPage1.SetFocus etc. This is different to having multiple page...

Using HLookup for DV lists
Hi I'm building a reporting template in a workbook on one tab "Backend" I hold all the DV List values Customer, Sector, Region, Month etc The next tab "IT Open Issues Log" is the actual report. In IT Open Issues Log!D4 They will define the Sector using a DV list, the values of which are on =Backend!$H$2:$H$7 when they are adding line items they will select the Customer affected again using a DV list they do this in IT Open Issues Log!B7 for the first item and the Values come from =Backend!$A$2:$A$131, The Next Item would be in B8, B9, B10 etc etc What I would...