Count if 3 different conditions exist

I have 3 columns of information. Column A has a date (01-Jan-05), column
B has a name, column C has either F, Inf, or Inv. I want a formula that
will count any date in column A that is January, and column B is Adam,
and column C is F.

--
AnnaV
AnnaV's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=9619

Put the number of the month you're looking for in D1 (Jan=1, Feb=2,
etc....),
Name in D2,
And ID's in D3,

Then try this:

=SUMPRODUCT((MONTH(A1:A100)=D1)*(B1:B100=D2)*(C1:C100=D3))

--
HTH,

RD

"AnnaV" <AnnaV.20v71y_1135965601.2996@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in
message news:AnnaV.20v71y_1135965601.2996@excelforum-nospam.com...

> I have 3 columns of information. Column A has a date (01-Jan-05), column
> B has a name, column C has either F, Inf, or Inv. I want a formula that
> will count any date in column A that is January, and column B is Adam,
> and column C is F.
>

> --
> AnnaV
> AnnaV's Profile:
> http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=9619
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=496989

0
ragdyer1 (4060)
12/30/2005 6:31:00 PM
=SUMPRODUCT(--(MONTH(A2:A200=1),--(B2:B200="Adam"),--(C2:C200="F"))

--

HTH

RP

"AnnaV" <AnnaV.20v71y_1135965601.2996@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in
message news:AnnaV.20v71y_1135965601.2996@excelforum-nospam.com...

> I have 3 columns of information. Column A has a date (01-Jan-05), column
> B has a name, column C has either F, Inf, or Inv. I want a formula that
> will count any date in column A that is January, and column B is Adam,
> and column C is F.
>

> --
> AnnaV
> AnnaV's Profile:
http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=9619
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=496989

0
bob.phillips1 (6510)
12/30/2005 6:31:26 PM
Try this:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(MONTH(A1:A100)=1),--(B1:B100="Adam"),--(C1:C100="F"))

And of course, change the cell ranges to match your needs.

HTH,
Elkar

"AnnaV" wrote:

> I have 3 columns of information. Column A has a date (01-Jan-05), column
> B has a name, column C has either F, Inf, or Inv. I want a formula that
> will count any date in column A that is January, and column B is Adam,
> and column C is F.
>

> --
> AnnaV
> AnnaV's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=9619
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=496989

0
Elkar (111)
12/30/2005 6:35:02 PM
It Works! It Works! It Works!

Thank You

--
Anna
AnnaV's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=961
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=49698

#REF #3
Hi, I'm doing a projection spreadsheet. The new months in diff sheets will be added as and when the actual month passes, ie, up to now i have sheets up to Aug. But in the MAIN sheet, I'm supposed to have months for the whole year up to Dec. Since Sep to Dec don't have equivalent sheets yet, the cells show #Ref since my formula is =Oct!A1. I want to tell the cell to get the amount from "Oct" sheet if there's such a sheet and if not, get the amount from "Sep" sheet. I tried this "=if(Oct!A1="#REF", Sep!A1,Oct!A1)" but it doesn'...

Help with conditional formatting with 2000
Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am trying to group data together into increments of 10% of th numbers and then chart them based on these groups. For example, I hav 300 data points that vary from 20 to 500 in value. I want them t appear in a chart based on the number of values that fall in the lowes 10% of numbers (ie. 20-40) then the next 10% (ie. 40-60) etc. up to th top 10% of numbers, but I do not want to manually determine what thes ranges are. I want to see a distribution of how many numbers fal within each 10% of values. I am not sure if this makes sense, please let me know...

1 Chart

Word 2007: word count wrong?
Hello, I have an issue with some .doc files when opening in Word 2007. In some cases the word count in the status bar is different of the word count of the "Word Count"- window (CTRL+SHIFT+G) or the word count in Word 2003 Example file: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=79595 Word 2007 (status bar) show 61019 words Word 2007 (Word count window) show 61010 words Word 2003 also show 61010 words This issue I have not with all documents, but only with some files and it seems that I have this problem only with .doc files but not with .docx files. (installed ve...

outlook 2003sp3: applying the inbuilt junkmail filter on existing messages?
hi all, would like to apply the outlook junk mail filter, with settings set to 'high', on emails already in my inbox. is there any way of doing this? apologies if this has been posted before, I've made a couple of searches but can't find anything... many thanks! No, there's no way to apply the spam filter to already downloaded items. <spam@redo.net> wrote in message news:1137601837.257355.134230@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > hi all, > > would like to apply the outlook junk mail filter, with settings set to > 'high', on emails already in my...

Percentage difference calc that knows the largest figure
I have a calculation in cell A3 which looks at the content of Cell A1 and Cell A2 and then works out the difference between both as a percentage For instance Cell A1 = 100 Cell A2 = 10 Cell A3 returns the difference as being 90% My simple calculation in Cell A3 is as follows =(A1-A2)/A1 Cell A3 is formatted to give the answer as a percentage to 2 decimal places The above works fine as long as the number in Cell A1 is greater than the number in Cell A2 If the number in A2 is greater than the number in A1 then my calculated answer is incorrect For instance Cell A1 = 10...

Simple Access counting queries

Count # of cells b/w cells ...
Hello, I have the following data in a column: 7 0 0 0 7 0 0 0 0 0 7 0 0 7 0 0 0 0 0 0 7 etc. The number of zero's between the 7's is random. I want a formula tha would count the number of zeros between the 7's. Thanks, Ari Bar -- AriBar ----------------------------------------------------------------------- AriBari's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2504 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=38806 Assume A5:A20 is the data, try this: B5 = A5+B4 (copy formula down) Now make a table with 2 column...

Too many different cell formats #6

count if a match occurs
Hi! I have two rows - say Row 1 and Row 2. In the first row I have a answer key. In the second row I have answers from a student. I would like to write a formula where it counts how many answers student got write. Here is a example: Row 0: Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4 Q5 Q6 Row 1: 1 4 2 3 4 1 Row 2: 3 4 1 3 4 1 So student marked 4 questions correctly: Q2, Q4, Q5 and Q6. Hence, the formula should return 4. I know one way to do it but I am sure there is more efficient way to do it. The way I know: Use if statement to compare two corresponding entries and output 1 if...

Does SuspendTimer exists?
Hello NG, in my programme I use some timers. SetTimer(TIMER1, 60000, NULL); SetTimer(TIMER2, 60000, NULL); In OnTimer I catch the timers. if (nIDEvent == TIMER1) { KillTimer(TIMER1); do1(); SetTimer(TIMER1, 60000, NULL); } else if (nIDEvent == TIMER2) { KillTimer(TIMER2); do2(); SetTimer(TIMER1, 60000, NULL); } In the beginning, the timers run parallel. Some time later there is a time gap because of the function calls. Now I want to suspend TIMER1 in my TIMER2-block. The things in do2() depend on results from do1(). I don't want the results overwritten. I only s...

Count Age Grouping
I have an access 2k database in which I need to count groups of records of individuals by that age groups such as 14- 20 no of individuals 21-30 no of individuals 31-40 no of individuals 41-50 no of individuals 51-60 no of individuals 61-70 no of individuals 71-80 no of individuals 80+ no of individuals I have both DOB and Age fields in the table I have tried several queries but with no luck and ideas On 19 Mar 2007 16:51:49 -0700, "Nemesis_uk" <nemesis_uk@ntlworld.com> wrote: >I have an access 2k ...

time formats #3
I have an Excel sheet with a long list of times spent on various projects. The times should all be in minutes and seconds. The first time reads 2:29 and I know that is accurate, for 2 min, 29 seconds. In the formula bar, it reads, 2:29:00 AM. Another...the cell displays 0:40 and I know that is right, for 40 seconds. But in the formula bar, I see 12:40:00 AM I want numbers, but apparently I am looking at times. I tried changing the format. When I check the format for 2:29, it comes up Custom and says it is hh:mm, not mm:ss. I tried changing it to mm:ss, but that changes the displa...

Conditional Formatting on cells beginning with a hyphen
Is it possible to do conditional formatting on cells beginning with a hyphen? Thanks, Greg 1. Place the cursor in A1 cell and select the Range 2. From menu Format>Conditional Formatting> 3. For Condition1>Select 'Formula Is' and paste the below formula =LEFT(A1,1)="-" 4. Click Format Button>Font>Color select your desired font & Background Color pattern and then give ok Change the cell reference of A1 to your desired cell, if required. But keep in mind that when applying the conditional formatting the Active cell should be in the ce...

New Computer #3
How do I move my settings, emails, address book, etc... to my new computer. I'm mostly concerned with Outlook because it's the program I use most often. I have an older computer running WIN2K Pro. I purchased a new Dell computer with Windows XP Pro also with Office 2003. Again how do I make my new Outlook have all the information and settings that my old computer has. I do have both computers connected on my home network and they can see each other. But I'm not sure what to copy over. Any help would be very helpful. Thank You, Paul The file you need to copy and re-use up ...

CRM 3.0
Folks Any way that we can assign leads / opportunities / other entities to teams rather than individuals? All the best Hany Hi Hany, Team ownership is not supported in CRM 3.0. Could you describe your scenario, and maybe we could provide some alternatives? Thanks -- Jay Grewal Microsoft Dynamics CRM This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights. "Electronic Workplace" <info@electronicworkplace.LoseThisBit.com> wrote in message news:O0cfzAT$FHA.140@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Folks > > Any way that we can assign leads /...

Importing #3
I had a previous version of Money and just got a new computer with Money 2004. I have a backup disk made with the info from the previous version. How can I import that into the new version? File|Restore?!? <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:075a01c3d169$a360b0a0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I had a previous version of Money and just got a new > computer with Money 2004. I have a backup disk made with > the info from the previous version. How can I import that > into the new version? ...

EXTRACTING UNIQUE RECORD BASED ON CONDITION
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0012_01C781BF.08FB92F0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello everyone! I would like to extract unique records based on a condition. For = example, how to extract unique record from column 'B' when column 'A' = has "AP" or any other desired condition. The data is as follows: A B =20 MI 70056542=20 MI 70056543=20 AP PATRICK CUDAHY INCORPORATED=20 AP PATRICK CUDAHY INCORPORATED=20 AP SUGAR CREEK ...

Count the text in a column
I would like to count the text in a column then for it to add a figure in another cell if it meets the text criteria Thanks! Do you mean count the characters? If so =SUM(NOT(ISNUMBER(A1:A20))*LEN(A1:A20)) as an array formula (committed with Ctrl-Shift-Enter) -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Peter Curtis" <PeterCurtis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:94C093C4-38DC-4989-846A-9352F3298B7C@microsoft.com... > I would like to count the text in a column then for it to add a figure in > another cell if it meets the t...

Users cannot login to OWA after Exchange 2K3 was moved into different OU
I created a new OU named member servers, and moved the exchange 2k3 server into it. After I moved it, only the administrator was able to login to OWA successfully. No users could login to OWA. I created a test account with a mailbox, and was able to login to OWA with the newly created test account. I then moved the exchange 2k3 server from the member servers OU into the computers OU, and the newly created account was unable to login to OWA. Any help with this would be appreciated. ...

Debt Reduction Planner #3
The debt reduction planner on my version of Money 01 does not take the minimum payment due into account. It expects me to short some accounts to make bigger payments to other accounts. Obviously that is not feasable, as the late charges for not making the minimum payment would negate any possible savings. Is there a way to fix this so at least the minimum payment is listed? ...

Moving certain data to different sheet
I need to move data that meets a certain criteria, to another sheet within a workbook. For instance, if a column of data is for a certain ZIP code area, I need it to automatically copy to a sheet for that city. Say, 40202 would go to the Louisville, KY sheet. Because Louisville has multiple ZIPs, I would need only the data that begins with 402 to go to that sheet. Lexington KY's data, which begins with ZIP code 405, would go to its own sheet. Macro? Formula? Thanks! This can definitely not be created with a formula. I suggest that you make use of the macros. Rgrds, Kris...

Volume License copy of Windows Server
Gurus, Is there anyway anymore to get a full Volume License copy of Windows Server (e.g., version 2008) which does NOT require Internet activation? -- Spin Start with Vista/Windows 2008, your options to activate are by Internet or Phone. I believe the command that kicks it off is: slui.exe 4 "Spin" <Spin@invalid.com> wrote in message news:84nk89Far1U1@mid.individual.net... > Gurus, > > Is there anyway anymore to get a full Volume License copy of Windows > Server (e.g., version 2008) which does NOT require Internet activation? > ...

Converting from Lotus 1, 2, 3 docs
I have a user who has a bunch of Lotus 1, 2, 3 spreadsheets that he is trying to convert to Excel. His version of Lotus is old (version 5), his version of Excel is 2000 sp2. The files convert but they are missing pages or headings or other unacceptable qualities. Anyone any advice? Michael If you open the files using Excel and save them to an .xls format in the current version you are losing data? A while back I needed to do this. I wrote an application in VB that loops through the files, opens them using Excel (add a reference in VB to MS Office 10) and then save them in the current ...