Count down to Words / Text

Hello,

Is there a way to have a cell that is counting down from "10" and when it
hits "0" spell the word FULL and in Red?

example:

cell BB10 has a formula in it:  =COUNTA(H10:AV10)
cell BB8 has a formula in it:    =SUM(10-BB10)

NOTE: there are only 10 entities max in cells H10 through AV10 and that is
why I subtract BB10 from 10.

I want cell BB8 to reflect the word ALL when there is 10 and FULL when the
countdown hits "0"

Can this be done?

Thanks,
Champ

Try this.......

=IF(SUM(10-BB10)=10,"ALL",IF(SUM(10-BB10)=0,"FULL",""))

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Champ" <Champ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> Is there a way to have a cell that is counting down from "10" and when it
> hits "0" spell the word FULL and in Red?
>
> example:
>
> cell BB10 has a formula in it:  =COUNTA(H10:AV10)
> cell BB8 has a formula in it:    =SUM(10-BB10)
>
> NOTE: there are only 10 entities max in cells H10 through AV10 and that is
> why I subtract BB10 from 10.
>
> I want cell BB8 to reflect the word ALL when there is 10 and FULL when the
> countdown hits "0"
>
> Can this be done?
>
> Thanks,
> Champ

0
clr
12/30/2009 4:12:50 PM
First, the formula in BB8 could be:  =10-bb10

The =sum() doesn't help.

Then you could use this instead:
=if(bb10=0,"Full",if(bb10=10,"ALL",bb10 & " to go"))

In fact, I'd check to see if there were too many...
=if(bb10<0,"Too many",if(bb10=0,"Full",if(bb10=10,"ALL",bb10 & " to go")))

--

Dave Peterson
0

In xl2003, you only get 3 conditional formats (plus the normal one).

--

Dave Peterson
0

Thank you a bunch - yes that does work.
Is there a way to make FULL turn Red?

In addition to that, is there a way when the number is "0" can that previous
formula also incorporate the same for empty and make that turn EMPTY turn
green?

Thanks again,
Champ

"clr" wrote:

> Try this.......
>
> =IF(SUM(10-BB10)=10,"ALL",IF(SUM(10-BB10)=0,"FULL",""))
>
> Vaya con Dios,
> Chuck, CABGx3
>

> "Champ" <Champ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hello,
> >
> > Is there a way to have a cell that is counting down from "10" and when it
> > hits "0" spell the word FULL and in Red?
> >
> > example:
> >
> > cell BB10 has a formula in it:  =COUNTA(H10:AV10)
> > cell BB8 has a formula in it:    =SUM(10-BB10)
> >
> > NOTE: there are only 10 entities max in cells H10 through AV10 and that is
> > why I subtract BB10 from 10.
> >
> > I want cell BB8 to reflect the word ALL when there is 10 and FULL when the
> > countdown hits "0"
> >
> > Can this be done?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Champ
> >

> .

Dave,

That worked perfectly and thanks for the heads up on the first part about
sum doesn't help or hurt.

You helped make this sheet sing - Thank You and Happy New Year,
Champ

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

> ps.  Then you can use Format|conditional formatting to show the nice color
> (value is FULL).
>
> In xl2003, you only get 3 conditional formats (plus the normal one).
>
> Champ wrote:
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > Is there a way to have a cell that is counting down from "10" and when it
> > hits "0" spell the word FULL and in Red?
> >
> > example:
> >
> > cell BB10 has a formula in it:  =COUNTA(H10:AV10)
> > cell BB8 has a formula in it:    =SUM(10-BB10)
> >
> > NOTE: there are only 10 entities max in cells H10 through AV10 and that is
> > why I subtract BB10 from 10.
> >
> > I want cell BB8 to reflect the word ALL when there is 10 and FULL when the
> > countdown hits "0"
> >
> > Can this be done?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Champ
>
> --
>
> Dave Peterson
> .

word art
I am trying to create text to go along the top of an oval. I am using WordArt and selecting the top row, 3rd selection - letters curving clockwise. The problem is that the curve is too much, it apparently will work better for a circle than an oval. I have tried stretching at the different corners, but cannot figure out if there is a way to change the curve. Is it possible? I have Publisher 2003. Thank you, Julia Skiles Use the first selection, do your text, okay out, in the WordArt toolbar, select change shape, select curve up (first shape, second row) it is a bit more flexible. ...

Excel/Word startup: 'Compile error in hidden module: AutoExec' ??
Office 2003 factory-installed by Dell. Opening a new file with Excel (or Word) yields a Visual Basic error message: 'Compile error in hidden network: AutoExec' and then the PC hourglass runs. I used the Office 2003 Installation CD provided with the new laptop to repair Office. It ran quite a while. I then updated Office from the MS website to ensure I had the latest. This did not solve the problem and Dell disavows my existence. I'm wondering if it might be an operating system interaction? I am loath to re-install the XP operating system. Any thoughts? Take a look here: ht...

sending attachments in rich text format
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_007C_01CA9538.F7528CD0 Content-Type: text/plain; format=flowed; charset="iso-8859-1"; reply-type=original Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Can anybody tell me how I send an attachment with an e-mail from within Microsoft Office 2007 in rich text format please Wendy ------=_NextPart_000_007C_01CA9538.F7528CD0 Content-Type: image/gif; name="QMARK.GIF" Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 Content-ID: <7D394D5C2EB043D9A973E27399E2B9B5@andyPC> R0lGODlhEwAfAPcAAP8ICP8PDv8VFf8dHP8kI/...

prob.with printing word doc.
greetings, My Word program crashes almost everytime I hit the print button. The last time I tried,it did not crash, but did not print. Instead, it said it was spooling, and stayed there. If it crashes again, what info from the report will be helpful in determining how to fix this problem? If it is a printer driver problem, is it always the printer that I am trying to use to print the word doc.? I have three hooked up at this time. (UPS.etc) The printer that I am trying to use for this doc is practically new. Thanks, JS Make sure that you have the latest driver for your ...

Outlook 2002 on Exchange 5.5 -- RTF to Plain Text issues
The owner of our company wants ALL email sent to him in Rich Text Format so he can use an abbreviation program he has that works with MS Word when replying. I created a document telling people how to change their settings for Outlook to ensure all messages are sent in Rich Text. My problem is that since he travels so much he wants to be a POP user on our server. If I send him a message from my PC directly connected to the Exchange server he receives it in RTF. If the President of the company (who is also a POP user) sends him a msg in RTF he receives it in Plain Text. He wants me to expla...

Attachments convert to text format
When I send a message with an attachment in Outlook XP some receivers claim that all they receive is a text mail. My default mail format is plain text. If I change it to HTML I fear some recivers would not see the content at all. How can I solve it ? Note: I change the format of a particular mail if it contains an attachment, but sometimes I miss to do that. Tork2001 wrote: > When I send a message with an attachment in Outlook XP some receivers claim > that all they receive is a text mail. > My default mail format is plain text. If I change it to HTML I fear some > recivers ...

Formula counts incorrectly
Help please. Column K contains dates and blank cells. I would like to count how many of these dates fall within a given date range. For example, in the first week in May. Column K contains these dates. 5/2/2005, 5/3/2005, 5/5/2005, 5/5/2005. I would like to count this as 4 dates within the first week of May. I created this formula but the output is 3. =SUMPRODUCT(--(ECNT!F2:F515>=DATE(2005,5,2)),--(ECNT!F2:F515<=DATE(2005,5,6)),--(ISNUMBER(ECNT!K2:K515))) I assume that it is only counting 5/5/2005 one time? I changed the dates in the formula to check a second 2nd date range (5/9 to ...

text in cell shows up as ####

Hide text box
I am trying to hide a text box on a subform if a check box is = to false. I am close in doing so, but not there yet. This is what I have In the AfterUpdate property of the check box I have the following: Private Sub RevisedGrant_AfterUpdate() If Me![RevisedGrant] = True Then If MsgBox("Are you sure you want to revise this grant?", vbYesNo) = vbNo Then Me![RevisedGrant] = False MsgBox "Grant will NOT be revised", vbOKOnly Forms![DataEntryFrm]![ItemSubFrm]![Total$ofItemsRequestedSubfrm].Form![Revised Total Approved].Visibl...

Figures locked in text format
I imported data from a web page and used the feature that allows me to post the info to Excel with the destination formatting of the file I am posting it to. However, when I try to manipulate the data, as I have done in the past with other data, it will not let me reformat the text to number- no matter what I do to it. I've tried everything! I want to be able to sum the column, etc. Give us an example of the data you are working with. And what have you tried to "do to it"? Regards, Fred "Marcia" <Marcia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in ...

copying text on sheet 1 to corresponding cells on sheets 2 to 5
I want the text entered in A8 on sheet 1(named Productivity) to automatically transfer to A8 on sheets 2 thru 5. I used the simple formula =Productivity!a8 in the corresponding cells but when there is no data in Productivity A8 I get a 0 in the corresponding cells. I would like the corresponding cells to remain blank if there is not text in Productivity A8. I am really new to excel, like only used it two weeks! Is there a simple fix to this? -- newbie at large! Hi A formula will always return 0 if it's refering to an empty cell. This formula will let the cell look empty if no...

List number of permutations for text nums
I've got 4 digit text nums in A1 down In B1 down, I would like to list the corresponding number of permutations, eg: 7777 1 1777 4 0044 6 2477 12 1234 24 Game for any formula, udf or other vba solution Thanks for insights Sub permutations() Dim I As Integer, J As Integer, Rng As Integer Rng =3D Cells(Rows.Count, "B").End(xlUp).Row J =3D 1 Range("A1").Select Do Until ActiveCell.Value =3D "" For I =3D 1 To Rng Cells(J, "D").Value =3D "'" & ActiveCell & Cells(I, &qu...

problem opening word 07
When I open word, a dialog box comes up which contains. among other things, the following instructions which I follow up to step 4 then I hit a snag as noted below. >The document contains macros. Macro language support for this application is disabled. Features requiring VBA are not available, Would you like to open this document read-only? Hide Help Open in Help Window • Microsoft Office Access, Microsoft Office Excel, Microsoft Office PowerPoint, or Microsoft Office Word -¬To check your macro security settings, click the Microsoft Office Button, click <program nam...

Word/Office Integration as seen at CRM 3.0 Partner Readiness Event
Has anyone seen available resources on integration to Office 2003 applications such as Word?? I saw this demo'd at a Partner Readiness event back in Nov. 2005 and they showed a very tight integration with Word for not only mail merge and easy template building (with CRM fields available), but also a task pane that allowed update/edit of existing CRM records within Word. This was being demo'd as "CRM 3.0 tightly integrated with Office"...Ok, so where is this resource? Also, does anyone know where I can find the supposed 100+ CRM web parts for SharePoint?? thanks, A...

Simple question about text within a cell
I can't seem to find the option that prevents text from covering the adjacent cell. For example if I type the folling in cell A1: All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth. Obviously that will overflow over the cell B1 (if there is no data in B1). I don't want to resize my column, I only want the cell to show as much text in A1 as possible without covering cell B1. I believe I've seen the option to do what I'm looking for but I can't seem to find it and I can't figure out how to look it up in the HELP file. Thanks in advance. Rick My simple solution ha...

Convert Text to Number on 4,508 excel files.
Hi all. I'm faced with a rather unique problem.I have a large amount of improperly formatted excel files. They all have various cells formatted as text, yet they contain numbers and perform calculations on the cells. I now need to get these in a proper state. What I need is: Conversion of all text boxes containing numbers over to proper format of number. Do it automagically. I don't relish the thought of opening each one individually and fixing it. Any thoughts, tips or ideas on this? It could possible if you process that works by Scripting . In Scripting engine 5.6 Filesystem...

Is Auto Expansion (i.e., wrap text) of a cell possible when the cell's contents are based on another cell?
I am trying to display the results from one tab (Tab 1) in another (Tab 2). So, for example, tab 2 contains the formula "=Tab1!A2". However, when the results are too large to fit the cell in tab 2 (i.e., the cell that contains a formula that draws from a cell in tab 1), the wrap text feature does not work unless i first double click in the cell in tab 2. Is there any way around this? Can the wrap text feature work automatically somehow? Or will i need to double click in every cell that contains text that doesn't fit into the cell. Thanks for any suggestions, or VBA code, th...

Conditional text field Total
Hi, In the detail section of a report I have a text box that based on a condition, it will be either a 0 or a 1. I want to total the control at the end of the report. I did this in another report a couple of years ago but it is not working now. In the previous report, the ControlSource of the total is = [TextBoxNameFromDetailSection] and it sums correctly. What am I doing wrong?? Thanks. Leah -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-reports/201001/1 Thanks but I see what was missing - "running sum over ...

Template for building personal dictionary of foreign words
I am looking for a template on which I could establish a personal dictionary for the Slovak language. The Slovak language is very complicated. All words have several grammatical forms. Many words have mulitiple uses. Best way to decipher the differences is to have ready the definitions and to see the use of the word in actual slovak sentences. So, a two field data base is grossly insufficient. I would like something more comples but not sure how to be innovative using excel creating such a template. Hello! I use Excel 2003. My understanding is that you are creating this dictionar...

Importing Unicode Text File
Hi, I have a CSV (comma seperated) text file. The text in this file is Unicode (UTF-8). I can open the file in Notepad and, if I use a Unicode font, see the characters are correct in my text file. However, when I try to open this in Excel, it gets mangled- -the Japanese characters get converted into jibberish. I've tried opening a blank file, then using "Import External Data", but the Japanese characters in the file still wind up getting corrupted. What's BETTER is to change the "File Origin" to something other than my default of Windows(ANSI) to someth...

text box outline
In my text box, I can click on the text and a square dotted blue line that surrounds the text. I can then click on some other text and the same thing happens. How can I remove the Blue line. It seems to be in the edit mode but I have even saved it and locked it (protect) mode. Still has to blue outline. Help! and Thanks The dotted blue line is to show you the Text Box boundary for when you don't have a printable formatted and View Text Boundaries are set to OFF. Does pressing the ESCAPE key hide them? But they should clear when you move the cursor elsewhere. If they...

Add Text Together for Report
I tried to search for this one but not sure how to word it. What I am trying to figure out is how to make a report that adds all the text from a query together and displays it in one field. For example: I have a table that gets me the following data. deconid logdate log 14 12/06/2007 This is just a test 14 12/07/2007 yes.. This is a log 14 12/08/2007 Yet a log number three 14 12/09/2007 This is number 4 I would like it to display this data in a report like this: With DeconID 14, "12/09/2007- This is number 4 ~ 12/08/2007- yes.. Yet a log number three ~ 12/07/2007-...

text disappears when typing into express or word
I can be typing something in word or Outlook Express and without my doing anything to cause it to happen, the text totally disappears and there's no recovering it. I have run computer scans and they come up with nothing.Also, this doesn't happen all the time, only once a day for a few hours. Any ideas? On Mon, 08 Feb 2010 15:21:33 -0800, va wrote: > I can be typing something in word or Outlook Express and without my doing anything to cause it to happen, the text totally disappears and there's no recovering it. I have run computer scans and they come up with nothing.Also, this...

counting dates <= 7 days ago based on criteria in a diff column
I have a spreadsheet that holds all tasks for a project. Column D holds a catagory and column Q holds the date closed. I need a formula (on a separate sheet) that counts all tasks of a specific category that were closed in the past 7 days. I already have a formula that calculates all tasks that were closed in the past 7 days, just need to add the additional criterion of the category. Hi, Try this =sumproduct((sheet1!D2:D30=A2)*((today()-sheet1!Q2:Q30)=7)) A2 on sheet2 has the specific category for which you want to count the closed tasks -- Regards, Ashish Mathur...

excel command that counts conditions met in 2 columns?
is there a form of countif that increments only if conditions are met in two (or more) columns? e.g., countif(colA = 1 and colB = 2) Hi You need SUMPRODUCT. Have a look here for some guidance and post back if you need some more help. http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctions01.html#SumProduct Hope this helps. Andy. "brendalw" <brendalw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F21CD5F8-8679-4A8E-90FC-AA35657C19DC@microsoft.com... > is there a form of countif that increments only if conditions are met in > two > (or more) columns? e.g., countif(colA = 1 a...