count #8

On a worksheet i have column that contains the length of
service (in monnths ) of each of my employees.  I want to
a formulae that will segregate them into sertain groups
e.g 0-7, and count how many of each group i have.  I have
tired using the countif and sum functions, but to no
avail.  could someone please give me some direction? lots
of thanks

colin

Take a look at =frequency() in excel's help.  I think that'll do what you want.

--

Dave Peterson
0

=?Utf-8?B?QSBkaWZmaWN1bHQgdGhpbmfCocKhwqHCocKhwqE=?=
Hello everyone, I have a program that when you type a code and press a button a macro automatically discount one of the code from stock, my problem is that my boss want that when you execute the macro, in one cell appears the substraction date of the code. The problem is that if I use the =now() function the following day the registration date change, and also if I make a macro that copy the column and paste the column as values, the program doesn't going to work when I type another code, if I make a macro that retype the formulas in the cells, it will errease all the last cells. P...

Counting question #2
I have a range of cells that I want to 'count' if the number is greater than 0 but less than 6. The cell # is F33 where I want the answer. The range is: Q13:W13; Q17:W17; Q21:W17; Q25:W25; & Q29:W29. What formula would I use? I've tried several but I keep getting error answers. hi, =count(Q13:W13,Q17:W17,Q21:W17,Q25:W25,Q29:W29) >-----Original Message----- >I have a range of cells that I want to 'count' if the number is greater than >0 but less than 6. The cell # is F33 where I want the answer. The range is: >Q13:W13; Q17:W17; Q21:W17; Q25:W25...

counting blank cells
i'm trying to write a formula that looks at a range of cells to see if a date has been entered. if a date is there, then it should return "yes", if the cell is blank it should return "no". How do i keep excel from ignoring the blank cell? i tried countA but it didn't work. Does this work for you: =IF('04MQU'!D6,"Yes","NO") -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ============================================== "bdq17" <bdq17@discuss...

counting using multiple criteria
Hi, I have a problem for which I can't seem to find a working solution. On the one hand I have a vertical table with employee names, the number of years they have been with the company, and all this sorted by the employee's age (in years). This table will be updated from time to time, and as such it doesn't have a fixed length. On the other hand I have a table which shows the number of employees in a particular age category (-20, 21-25, 26-30, etc) horizontally, and the number of years they have been with the company (again in groups: 0-5 yrs, 5-10 yrs, etc) vertically. ...

OK. got frequency to report bin counts
now how can I chart in the format I described in first post? Select E1:F12 and make XY chart -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "MarkB" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message news:eMj$AhG$GHA.3352@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > now how can I chart in the format I described in first post? > ...

How do I count items based on multiple criteria from a different worksheet?
I have tried {=SUM(('10-16-2005'!F:F="Brentwood") * ('10-16-2005'!B:B="ACTV"))} (entered with F2, then cntrl/shift /return, but it is not returning what It should. What I would REALLY like to do, is if the first letter of column B (STATUS) starts with a "A", "B" or "N" .AND. Column F (City) = "Brentwood" .AND. Column J (BT) = "DE". All of these are on Worksheet 10-16-05 (or preferrably, what ever the column header is on SHEET1, row1, column()) Thanks! Mc Here is a formula =SUMPRODUCT((ISNUMBER(FIN...

Counting text within an Entire Workbook
Hi - Need help, still stuck. I have a workbook with several worksheets. Each worksheet has an inventory list with a part number and perhaps a word "missing" next to it. I am trying to summarize on a different worksheet how many parts have the word "missing". The parts list would look something like this (beginning with column A and Row 1). I am hoping for a formula rather than a macro because of circumstances, does anyone have magic up their sleeve? THX Part Nbr Status 1234 Missing 1243 4563 3434 M...

pcnetsecurity@gmail.com =?UTF-8?B?QXNzaXN0w6puY2lhIFTDqWM=?= =?UTF-8?B?bmljYSAgbWFudXRlbsOnw6M=?= =?UTF-8?B?byBkZSBjb21wdXRhZG9y?= =?UTF-8?B?ZXMgaW5mb3JtYXRpY2Eg?= =?UTF-8?B?Vml0w7NyaWEtZXMgNjY1OTE=?=
Contato: pcnetsecurity@gmail.com Contato: pcnetsecurity @ gmail.com Planos a partir de R$ 250,00 . Assist�ncia T�cnica Prestamos assist�ncia t�cnica nos computadores de sua empresa ou resid�ncia, e tamb�m possu�mos uma equipe qualificada para fazer a manuten��o no pr�prio local. - Contratos de Suporte e Manuten��o Reduza os custos de sua empresa com solicita��es de visitas t�cnicas para seus computadores, elaboramos um contrato de manuten��o integrado para sua empresa onde disponibilizamos: t�cnicos, equipamentos de suporte e substitui��o, e atendimento no hor�rio comercial ou ...

Opening Excel Files #8
When I try to open any file, I get the message "File already open" and I am then unable to save any changes. Help! Hi see: http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#AlreadyOpen -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Ian Hudson" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:9ef701c48695$585dd510$a601280a@phx.gbl... > When I try to open any file, I get the message "File > already open" and I am then unable to save any changes. > > Help! ...

pcnetsecurity@gmail.com =?UTF-8?B?QXNzaXN0w6puY2lhIFTDqWM=?= =?UTF-8?B?bmljYSAgbWFudXRlbsOnw6M=?= =?UTF-8?B?byBkZSBjb21wdXRhZG9y?= =?UTF-8?B?ZXMgaW5mb3JtYXRpY2Eg?= =?UTF-8?B?Vml0w7NyaWEtZXMgNDIwNDA=?=
Contato: pcnetsecurity@gmail.com Contato: pcnetsecurity @ gmail.com Planos a partir de R$ 250,00 . Assist�ncia T�cnica Prestamos assist�ncia t�cnica nos computadores de sua empresa ou resid�ncia, e tamb�m possu�mos uma equipe qualificada para fazer a manuten��o no pr�prio local. - Contratos de Suporte e Manuten��o Reduza os custos de sua empresa com solicita��es de visitas t�cnicas para seus computadores, elaboramos um contrato de manuten��o integrado para sua empresa onde disponibilizamos: t�cnicos, equipamentos de suporte e substitui��o, e atendimento no hor�rio comercial ou ...

Count / Frequency #2
Hi Duane, Thank you for reply, formula works well. I just tweaked the cell referencing: =COUNTIF(C$19:$C19,C19) so that it counted 1 from my top most cell; i.e C19 (criteria), so didn't need the +1. However, How can I get this Formula to work on Filtered Rows: so tha COUNTIF sequentially counts ONLY the Filtered Visible Cells (and doe not include the non-filtered data)? Thanks Tin� duane Wrote: > > the top row gets a 1 in column B > then place this in the 2nd row in column B > > (this assumes the top row is 5) > =COUNTIF(A5:$A$5,A6)+1 > > copy down col...

pcnetsecurity@gmail.com =?UTF-8?B?QXNzaXN0w6puY2lhIFTDqWM=?= =?UTF-8?B?bmljYSAgbWFudXRlbsOnw6M=?= =?UTF-8?B?byBkZSBjb21wdXRhZG9y?= =?UTF-8?B?ZXMgaW5mb3JtYXRpY2Eg?= =?UTF-8?B?Vml0w7NyaWEtZXMgNTA3NTg=?=
Contato: pcnetsecurity@gmail.com Contato: pcnetsecurity @ gmail.com Planos a partir de R$ 250,00 . Assist�ncia T�cnica Prestamos assist�ncia t�cnica nos computadores de sua empresa ou resid�ncia, e tamb�m possu�mos uma equipe qualificada para fazer a manuten��o no pr�prio local. - Contratos de Suporte e Manuten��o Reduza os custos de sua empresa com solicita��es de visitas t�cnicas para seus computadores, elaboramos um contrato de manuten��o integrado para sua empresa onde disponibilizamos: t�cnicos, equipamentos de suporte e substitui��o, e atendimento no hor�rio comercial ou ...

Counting unique cells (with text) in a filtered list
Hi Is there a simple way to count unique text values in the 'header" of a column where the adjoining column has had the filter switched on? Example A Home B Car B Home C Home C Home D Car If filtered on Home in the second column, should show 3 (ie A,B and C). Thanks in advance Try this array formula** : =SUM(IF(FREQUENCY(IF(SUBTOTAL(3,OFFSET(A2:A7,ROW(A2:A7)-ROW(A2),0,1)),MATCH(A2:A7,A2:A7,0)),ROW(A2:A7)-ROW(A2)+1)>0,1)) ** array formulas need to be entered using the key combination of CTRL,SHIFT,ENTER (not just ENTER). Hold down both the CTRL key ...

How to fill fill a column with numbers, beginning at number X, counting up.
I simply need to add numbers, beginning with 15,347, (counting upward), to a column with empty values in a table. Is there an easy way to do this, rather than completing it in excel and importing it, then attempting to update the table? Thanks for any suggestions. While I cannot imagine a legitimate use for this, the following code will insert rows starting at 15347 and going to 22000 Dim dbCurr As DAO.Database Dim lngLoop As Long Dim strSQL As String Set dbCurr = CurrentDb For lngLoop = 15347 To 22000 strSQL = "INSERT INTO MyTable (MyField) " & _ "VALUE...

Upgrading from GP 8 to 10 vba code does not run.
Currently upgrading to V10 from V8. Successfully moved a custom .dic to V10 and runs correctly. My issue is the associated VBA code attached to the windows and select fields in the windows / forms of the application. Seem all when until I try to run the vb code attached to the button. Nothing happens. And yes, I have had sure both the form (window) and the field objects have been added to VBA. The vba file originated from the V8 version. Help to any one on this problem? First make sure that your security is set to use the modified forms with VBA (Administration>Setup>Alternate/Modif...

Counting Occurrence of a Value within Cells
I have a user who is using Excel as a database – ugh. One of their columns (fields) has contact data points. As an example, a cell might state – “05/10/2009 – Called person. 05/24/2009 – Sent letter. 06/30/2009 – Received call from person. 07/31/2009 – Closed case. 01/10/2010 – Reopened case. 01/24/2010 – Sent update letter.” The user wants to count all contacts within the spreadsheet for the month of May 2010. The first thing I am doing is having the dates changed from mm/dd/yyyy to dd MMM yyyy format so we can search for MMM yyyy. After this is done, we can do a Find all and...

IE 8
Hi, Problem (if it is a problem, well, for me it is a problem!) is that when I'm on a page in IE 8 and click on something that opens in a second window (like a news article), the second window is about 1/3 the size of the full window. I have to enlarge it to see the whole article, video, or whatever. This gets a bit repetitive & tiresome, not to mention annoying. I'd rather have the second window open to full size but can't figure out if there's a setting to control it, and if so, which one. Any help appreciated!! Cheers, AB Sometimes the web author wil...

GP 8.0 and Barcode Readers
Hi - Does anyone know whether or not I can use a barcode reader to receive inventory in GP 8.0 Standard? Thanks! Lisa Yes Lisa Barcode scanners, just type through the keyboard wedge what they scan so in theory it is possible to use a barcode scanner in any application BUT, the barcode scanner would need to be set up correctly to comply with great plains keystroke requirements in the recieveing screen "Lisa D." wrote: > Hi - > > Does anyone know whether or not I can use a barcode > reader to receive inventory in GP 8.0 Standard? > > Thanks! > > ...

count records each month ?
I have a table called TReport which have a date field called daReportDate (yyyy-mm-dd). I want to count how many times there is a record for each month in the table. I tried it this way - SELECT daReportDate, count(daReportDate) FROM TReport WHERE year(daReportDate)=(2007) group by month(daReportDate) But it does not work. I'm not sure about the count and about the Group by. SELECT Month(daReportDate), Count(daReportDate) FROM TReport WHERE Year(daReportDate)=(2007) GROUP BY Month(daReportDate) ; In a nutshell, what you select needs to also be part of the group by except for the aggre...

View - Accounts - Look For
Under View/Financial Lists/Account I can now view all the accounts. If I want to limit my search to say anything with 610 as a specific segment, what type of wilcards do I use before/after? For example our GL string is AA-BBB-CCCC-DDDDD-EEE, and I want to search for all accounts with 610 in the BBB. Thanks You could put segment values in the user defined fields on the account card and sort by those user defined fields. But, if you preceded the segment value with something that would only appear in the user defined field, you might be able to get what you want. For example, in the s...

Count items in a column
How can I count the number of different items in a column and return the different counts in another column? Peter, Select your column, then choose Data | Pivot table... and drag the button to both the row and the data areas, and you'll get a table of unique items showing how many times each appears. HTH, Bernie "Peter Nunez" <pnunezus@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:068c01c38f4c$27817d70$a001280a@phx.gbl... > How can I count the number of different items in a column > and return the different counts in another column? ...

Exchange Server Unavailable #8
We are running Outlook 2003 with Exchange 2003. I have a user who can send and receive email normally but can not use the send web page or send link functions in Internet Explorer. He receives the error message The Exchange Server is Unavailable - retry - work offline - cancel. I have deleted his profile completely and built a new one with a new name. I have checked the options in Internet Explorer to make sure Outlook is the default email program. What else should I check? -- Mark Miller Sinclair Insurance Group Wallingford, CT 203-284-3237 TAM On Line version 7.2 In news:e3...

Count records from different table
Not sure if this is even do-able or not. I have a form (lets call it FORM A) that has details information about each Case. Each case can have multiple Collection records. I want text box on FORM A that just tells me the number of Collection records with the same Case number. I tried DCount in a new unbound text box, but i just get '#Error'. Any suggestions? You can use an unbound textbox, and in the form's On Current event open a recordset of the table, then populate the textbox with the recordcount from that recordset. For example, if your other table was called TBL an...

Counting how many records have writing in two columns.
I am trying to finish a report that is to include a current calculation of: # of total employees, # of hourly employees, # of salary employees, # of employees on leave, # of current employees (not on leave), and finall (the part I am having trouble with), # of salary employees on leave and current salary employees as well as current hourly employees and hourly employees on leave. I have four columns in my table and query I am linking from (hourly, salary, LOA (means they on on leave), and schedule (means they are current). For the first few calculations I just had it count the number of...

Counting number of days within a range.
Hi, I need to count the number of occurrences of any dates that fall between a specific range of dates. For example: find all the dates in a particular range and count the occurences from date1 to date2. Please help . Thanks, Chandana ------------------------------------------------ Message posted from the Excel Tip Forum at http://www.ExcelTip.com/forum/ -- View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelTip.com -- Hundreds of free MS Excel tips, tricks and solutions ------------------------------------------------ Chandana, With Column A containing the dates, Cell C2 contai...