Correct formulas in cells, have to retype to work

At work we have a worksheet that was used for all of 2004.  Formulas worked
fine. At the beginning of the year we made a new worksheet from 2004 and
called it 2005.  Lately when we put numbers in  the cells are not adding up.
Example...cell reads =p64+s+64.  So the formulas is correct but for some
reason it is performing the way it should.  If I re-enter the formula then it
is fine but I do not want to have to redo all of the page.  Any suggestions
0
budsb1 (2)

Is calculation set to manual?  Try Tools / options / Calculation - change to
automatic

Does hitting F2 and then enter on any of these cells do it?  if so then just
select the whole sheet, do Edit / Replace / Replace what = '=', replace with
= '='.  Don't actually put the quotes in, and yes I am suggesting you
replace = with =.  Try it.

--
Regards
              Sys Spec - Win XP Pro /  XL 97/00/02/03

"budsb1" <budsb1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> At work we have a worksheet that was used for all of 2004.  Formulas
worked
> fine. At the beginning of the year we made a new worksheet from 2004 and
> called it 2005.  Lately when we put numbers in  the cells are not adding
up.
> Example...cell reads =p64+s+64.  So the formulas is correct but for some
> reason it is performing the way it should.  If I re-enter the formula then
it
> is fine but I do not want to have to redo all of the page.  Any
suggestions

0
ken.wright (2489)
3/5/2005 10:21:14 AM
thank you so much.  After I posted I went in to the excel training and looked
around. Now will try it first thing next week.  Thanks again

"Ken Wright" wrote:

> Is calculation set to manual?  Try Tools / options / Calculation - change to
> automatic
>
> Does hitting F2 and then enter on any of these cells do it?  if so then just
> select the whole sheet, do Edit / Replace / Replace what = '=', replace with
> = '='.  Don't actually put the quotes in, and yes I am suggesting you
> replace = with =.  Try it.
>
> --
> Regards
>            Ken.......................    Microsoft MVP - Excel
>               Sys Spec - Win XP Pro /  XL 97/00/02/03

>                   It's easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission :-)
>
> "budsb1" <budsb1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > At work we have a worksheet that was used for all of 2004.  Formulas
> worked
> > fine. At the beginning of the year we made a new worksheet from 2004 and
> > called it 2005.  Lately when we put numbers in  the cells are not adding
> up.
> > Example...cell reads =p64+s+64.  So the formulas is correct but for some
> > reason it is performing the way it should.  If I re-enter the formula then
> it
> > is fine but I do not want to have to redo all of the page.  Any
> suggestions

0
budsb1 (2)
3/5/2005 11:03:02 AM
Just post back if it doesn't work, but i would hope that one of those gets
you sorted :-)

--
Regards
              Sys Spec - Win XP Pro /  XL 97/00/02/03

<snip>

0
ken.wright (2489)

Cell borders
Hi, In Publiser 2007 it was possible to have dashed or dotted lines as cell borders. This was acheived by using a patern for the line colour, e.g. a pattern of vertical lines would give a dotted horizontal cell border. In Publisher 2010 the option to have a pattern for the line colour on a cell border is no longer there. Can anyone suggest a way to acheive dotted cell borders? Microsoft - is there a reason this functionality was removed, can we have it back please? Otherwise nice work, I'm hearing good feedback from the people testing 2010. Thanks, Tim You ca...

Excel insits that I use absolute cell references
Sometimes if you are referring to a cell in another sheet (in the same workbook) Excel decides for no apparent reason that all your references should be absolute. Specifically I was referencing cells a list on another worksheet, and when you do that you want to use relative references. However Excel had for some reason made up its mind that all references should be absolute. Of course this is easy to correct by hitting F4, but it is inefficient an extremely irritating. I don't know what kind of a geek of a programmer in Microsoft that came up with this "helpful" featu...

Hiding Formula
I have a spreadsheet that has 3 pages one is titled "Estimate" one is "Summary" and the third is a blank worksheet. For security reasons I want to have all of the formula on the 3rd worksheet but have the input and results appear on the "Estimate" sheet and the "Summary" sheet. This way I can hide sheet 3. I do not want any formula on pages 1 & 2. Can this be done without going to VB. Help!!!! ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.E...

send/receive button not working
When I open outlook it does not automatically sned/receive emails. this doesn't really bother me but my problem now is that it now doesn't even send or receive when I F9. How can I fix this? "Kirbz" <Kirbz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:296C1CD6-2DD6-4491-8650-C463368DB01D@microsoft.com... > When I open outlook it does not automatically sned/receive emails. this > doesn't really bother me but my problem now is that it now doesn't even > send > or receive when I F9. How can I fix this? In OL03, Tools, Send Receive, Send Receiv...

how to insert a linebreak in a cell?
Hi, i want to have two alinea's in the text i enter in a cell. When pushing on the key "enter", i quit the cell. How can i add a linebreak (like pushing on 'return' or 'enter' key) in a cell? Thanks Bob Hello Alt + Enter. HTH Cordially Pascal "Bob" <bo@dd.gt> a �crit dans le message de news: ePWazRtkHHA.3484@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > i want to have two alinea's in the text i enter in a cell. When pushing on > the key "enter", i quit the cell. > How can i add a linebreak (like pushing on 'return&#...

Quote download not working
For the past week or so, I have no be able to download stock prices. I'm running MSMoney 2003 and have performed the steps listed in other posts about the deluxe portfolio manager (i.e. I can see the chart) but I am still unable to download updated prices. Anyone have any other suggestion? Mike try to update quotes separately enable the Background Banking function "Mike Pate" <mike.pate@ies-co.com> wrote in message news:r9ir10lvnr6omh7svlidosqc1b29voj9td@4ax.com... > For the past week or so, I have no be able to download stock prices. > I'm running MSMoney 20...

Outlook 2007 spell check not working
The spell check for a co-worker isn't working in outlook, it does in Word and it isn't due to the signature. Had heard/read about RegEdit, but not sure what to edit. Any guidance would be helpful. Define 'doesn't work' - does F7 bring up spell check? See http://www.slipstick.com/emo/2009/up090611.htm#3 for the registry key to remove. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.ne...

Axis dates pulled from a cell
I want to set the minumum and maximum on a chart's X axis by reading values of two cells. Is this possible? Jon Peltier has instructions on his web site: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AxisScaleLinkToSheet.html Sandra wrote: > I want to set the minumum and maximum on a chart's X axis by reading values > of two cells. Is this possible? > > -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html Min. and max. axis values can be set from cell values only with VBA support. For a readymade solution see AutoChart Manage...

End Cells
I am trying to reduce the file size of a file I am creating. It is currently at 3.6MB, with about 10 worksheets. I posted earlier and someone recommended hitting Ctrl-End on my sheets to see where it was that Excel thought the end of the data was. I did this with a few of the workbooks and the end appears to be out in the middle of nowhere. They then recommended that I delete all the columns and rows past my actual data and then save the file. I tried this but when I hit Ctrl-End on those sheets it still takes me way past my data ranges. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks i...

Cell to return null instead of 0
I have a formula that returns 0 instead of null. When I sort the column in assending order the cells with 0 show up first. I need the cells to be null so they do not show up first in the sort. You can't have it both ways if the reason your formula returns zero instead of blank is because you would get an error if you use "" instead of 0, if not just change the formula that returns zero -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please) "dford" <dford@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:09BE2C7D-65BE-4815-BC79-2420CC22C631@microsoft.com... ...

IF Formula #8
I am trying to create an IF formula. I want the column C to yield "Yes" if the value in column A is plus or minus 3 of the value in column B and yield "No" if not. Example of my data: A B C 40 37 Yes 20 22 Yes 30 34 No 50 45 No How would I achieve this? Thanks! =IF(ABS(A1-B1)<=3,"Yes","No") Try this =IF(ABS(A1-B1)<=3,"Yes","No") -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "LDanix" <LDanix@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7295BC2C-8CBA-4230-8342-4BD3E5B25B98@m...

Reminders not working #3
We recently upgraded to Outlook 2003. The reminders do not work unless i am running in "cached mode". Is this a bug or am i doing something wrong? We had a user with that problem for 2 years, then one day he logged onto another computer (where the owner was using reminders successfully) and set up the email account there for just that one session. When he went back to his own machine the reminders started working! No explanation, but whatever works! "SeanL" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1ccf901c422c8$0abbcd20$a501280a@phx.gbl... >...

what is wrong with this formula
=SUMPRODUCT((A1:A21=D1)*(B1:B21),(F1:F7))/SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A21=D1),--(B1:B21)) results in #VALUE! #WHY? "Norbert" <n.jaeger@gmx.net> wrote: > =SUMPRODUCT((A1:A21=D1)*(B1:B21),(F1:F7)) > /SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A21=D1),--(B1:B21)) > results in #VALUE! #WHY? One reason: because the ranges A1:A21, B1:B21 and F1:F7 are not all the same size. Another possible reason: If "F1:F7" is a typo and you mean F1:F21, because some cells in B1:B21 contain text, not numbers or boolean values (true, false). If B1:B21 contains boolean values (true, fa...

Requiring a cell password
I require a password to be entered if a cell value created by a formula exceeds a certain preset value. Also can I use validation rules or something else that requires users to enter a value or text into a cell? Thanks. Hi in general possible. (using either worksheet_change or worksheet_claculate events). But you may provide some more details. - the formula you are suing - what should happen if the user does not have the password? For the validation rules have a look at 'Data - Validation' >-----Original Message----- >I require a password to be entered if a cell value cr...

Cell references in formulas
Hi, Here is my problem: I have a spreadsheet that has about 14,000 rows in it, and I need th data from one cell out of every 27th row. For example, I need t collect the values from D17, D44, D71, ... to D13814. I would lik the values to be located in separate worksheet in consecutive cells: B1, B2, B3, B4, etc. Thank you for your help!! Jaso -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com One way: B1: =INDEX(Sheet1!D:D,(ROW()-1)*27+17) Copy down as far as required. In article <iowaturf.1aj2zn@excelforum-nospam.com>, iowaturf <<iowaturf.1aj2zn@excelforum-nospa...

negative positive formulas
Hi, I need help figuring out how to program a formula. I will have one cell displaying the monthly budget, another cell displaying the actual amount spent. now, when subtracted, i'd like to have one cell that only displays the value if we are under budget, and another cell that only displays the value if we are over budget. is there a formula to do this? or visual basic? please let me know if you can help! thanks Em :o) emmy128 wrote: > Hi, I need help figuring out how to program a formula. > > I will have one cell displaying the monthly budget, another cell > displ...

Why excel cell color did not change after formatting and VBA code?
I am using excel 2000 and having some problems with two particular cells (which contained formulas) in my worksheet. I have been using both conditional formatting and VBA to change the color of two cells according to some conditions: Change color in cell P18 and P21 to Green, if 0 <= P18 or P21 <= 1, else change it to Red I have tested both method seperately (VBA and Conditional Formatting) and there is nothing wrong with the result except whenever the cell P18 value is re-calculated to zero, it will ALWAYS stay as Red... I have even try to force the formatting by giving an e...

Getting a carriage return or something before a pic in a table cell so that I can show the border??
Hi All Some of you have kindly assisted me in getting 'x' number of pictures into 'x' number of table cells in a Word document using VBA, but I seem to have hit a brick wall when it comes to getting the top border line to appear on my inserted pics. Now as soon as I manually add a carriage return above the pictures my top border appears perfectly, but my code won't let me add this carriage return before the pic. When the pic gets inserted it automatically obliterates anything that was already in the cell and I get a pic with no top border. I've tri...

Coloring of cell when entering data
I have to input client's last and first names ( 2 different columns). I want to be able to type the last name and each cell in the last name column will change color automatically when I type. I know how to color the whole column but not this method. A coworker was able to do it but she left and I can't ask her. Hope I made sense, if someone could guide me I would appreciate it. Thank you. Sounds like a Conditional Formatting task Suppose the 'test name' goes in A1; and your data is in A2:B2000 (surname in A) Select A2:A2000 (or A2:B2000) Use Format | Conditional Format...

Using RichTextBox to edit Cell content
I need to use a RichTextBox to edit the content of a Cell. I think VBA is required to do this since LinkedCell cannot be a calculated value... Any help would be appreciated. More details on what I need to do: a) A range of Cells with 2 columns contain a Date in column#1, and a Note in Column#2 b) From a Combo Box, I select the date for the Note I want to View/Modify c) That specific note is picked up by VLOOKUP and displayed in the RichTextBox d) I then need to edit the content of the RichTextBox e) Once done with the edit, I need to send the content of the RichTexBox to the proper Cell in C...

RS stoped working
I have a Reporting Services server that I needed to put Integrated Services on. After the install my Reporting Services no longer works. Get the old "target machine actively refused" error. Nothing relating to that changed that I am aware of. Reporting Services Configuration still looks good. Any ideas what changed? What I need to do to get my RS working again. John Whenever you add another one of the suite of products that comes with SQL Server to a server you need to reapply service packs. Try and see if that helps. -- Bruce Loehle-Conger MVP SQL Serve...

How to direct user to enter certain cells from drop down list?
How do i direct the user to enter certain cells after a certain data from a drop down list is chosen? I want to make it such that unless the respective option in the drop down list is chosen, the user cannot enter in the corresponding cells. Thank you. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ~~Now Available: Financial Statements.xls, a step by step guide to creating financial statements this might be easier to do using VBA, via textboxes versus cells. i this...

SSRS 2008 working with word 2003 or 2007
Since I am new to sql server report service 2008, I have the following questions to ask: 1. I have alot of reports that need to have one to 10 paragraphs written prior to when the table is displayed. Thus, I was thinking there would be toolbox items like a 'word' document that you can drop onto a sql server report 2008. However the closest thing I see is a texbox. Thus, is there any feature I could use that will display the paragraphs prior to when the repiort is generated? (The closest item is looks I can use is a textbox. Does the textbox have 'word' doc...

How do I Create a formula for greater or lesserthen
How do I IF A1>C1 subtract A1 from C1 but IF A1<C1 subtract C1 from A1 A1 B1 C1 Toatal 15 30 15 A1 B1 C1 Total 30 15 30 I'm looking for the difference between one cell and another... Hope this make sense. =ABS(A1-C1) -- HTH Bob Phillips (replace somewhere in email address with gmail if mailing direct) "Put PPT to bed" <PutPPTtobed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:25FB47B2-1F5A-4D20-8889-9C394548C07D@microsoft.com... > How do I IF A1>C1 subtract A1 from C1 but IF A1<C1 subtract C1 from A1 > > A1 ...

table doesn't work in 2007
Col A Col B Col e interest rate payment 0.05 =PMT(A2/12,E3,-E2) loan amt 350000 0.0525 l oan term 360 0.055 0.0575 0.06 0.0625 0.065 if i use 2003 and clikc Data / Table and input A2 as the column input cell, the click OK, Col B fills up with the appropriate payments for each rate. however, if i use 2007, go to Insert, click on Table and insert A2, the table doesn't fill in. In both cases, i have highlighted cols A & B. any suggestions? thanks in advance for your help-- april...