copying to another spreadsheet

I have a table in spreadsheet x of 10 columns and 1000 rows.  Afte
sorting by the entries in column a, I would like to copy row entrie
with the same column a entry to a specific location in spreadsheet Y.
E.g., the rows that have "oranges" in column a in spreadsheet x woul
be copied to a specific location in spreadsheet Y, under a heading o
"oranges".  In the same vein, column a entries in spreadsheet x o
"pears" would be copied to spreadsheet y under the heading of "pears".
And so on.  Is there any way to automate the copying of rows fro
spreadsheet x to spreadsheet y.  Thank you for your consideration

You may want to look at Debra Dalgleish's site:

There are a couple of files you may want to steal from:

Create New Sheets from Filtered List -- uses an Advanced Filter to create
separate sheet of orders for each sales rep visible in a filtered list; macro
automates the filter. AdvFilterRepFiltered.xls 35 kb

Update Sheets from Master -- uses an Advanced Filter to send data from
Master sheet to individual worksheets -- replaces old data with current.
AdvFilterCity.xls 55 kb

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

Exclude data from field, when another field equals a certain numbe
Hello, I have 2 fields. I have Job # and GL #. I need to exclude from the GL field, values that are 1234, but ONLY if the Job # = 999999. I have tried using this formula in the criteria of the GL# field in my query: IIf([Job #]=999999,<>1234,[GL #]) and instead of 999999 still showing up in the query and excluding GL# 1234, 999999 doesn't show up at all! What am I doing wrong?? Thank you!!!!!!!! MN IIf([Job #]<>999999, [GL #], IIf([GL #]=1234, Null, [GL #])) I'm assuming by exclude that you mean Null. -- Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Acce...

Newbire Question: How to Transfer Outlook Address Book To Another PC?
Hello, I'm a newbie to Outlook as I've never used it before. I'm setting up a laptop for a friend and he wants his outlook address book transferred onto his laptop from his old PC. I have no idea how to do this, so if someone could help me or maybe there is a link that has the information, it would be appreciated. jeff <Zombieboy@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:so3dl1tv64qnr8d738l0t5brk4kto2pp5m@4ax.com... > Hello, > > I'm a newbie to Outlook as I've never used it before. I'm setting up a > laptop for a friend and he wants his outlook address...

Get icon of another application
Hi, How can I load/display the icon of another application that is currently running (say, given that I know the value of it's HWND)? Thanks, - Alan >How can I load/display the icon of another application that is currently running >(say, given that I know the value of it's HWND)? Alan, Try sending WM_GETICON to the window. Dave -- MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq Wouldn't that fail because the application is not running in my address space? - Alan P.S. I tried it with one example window and it returned 0 (as I thought it might). But... even if it did return ...

Working with a copy of RMS
I have 2 single copies of RMS 1.2. The first copy is running in our store and until now I had not used my second copy. I had use the Manager and Admin to logon to our store. Today I thought it would be much faster to have a copy of our store db running on my local PC. I just wanted to use this for testing and maybe even use it for my Quickbooks interface. I setup myself as and additional cashier in the store db before I restored the db on my local PC. Well, everything is nice and fast when I logon now but I have lost my "connection" to the POS. I had thought that I would use...

Problems copying and pasting a chart
Hi, I'm hoping someone can help me with this. I'm trying to write a macro that will select an entire worksheet (in Book1), open a new workbook (Book2) and paste what I've copied. The problem is, there is a chart object on the worksheet that reads from 2 columns in the worksheet. When pasted in Book2, this chart still references the data from Book1. I really want it to read from the same range of cells but in Book2 instead of Book1. Is this possible? The copied formulas in the worksheet reference the cells in Book2 just fine. Thanks, bev Bev, rather than copy and paste, you c...

Copying calendar entries across .PST files
Windows XP Outlook 2003 Hi, I've got an old .PST file containing calendar entries. Let's call it foo.pst. I've created a new .PST file. Let's call it outlook.pst. That is the default .PST file. I've opened Outlook, then opened foo.pst as a second Outlook data file. I've clicked "Folder List" to list all the folders in both Outlook data files. I've RMBed each folder in the old PST file, select Copy, then select the new PST file. While it's a PITA that Outlook keeps creating a new folder (eg. Inbox1, Tasks1, Contacts1, etc) in the destination P...

This checkbook is being reconciled by another user
User session was terminated while selecting items for reconciliation (while going into the reconciliation window). No other users are in the company, but cannot get past this "error" message. Anyone know a fix or workaround? Tried logging in as 'sa' and the user without success. The Clear Activity button for bank management doesn't clear the CBEU1020 table. Remove the entry from this table and you'll be able to get into your recon again cpa-mcse.net wrote: This checkbook is being reconciled by another user 24-Mar-10 User session was termi...

Copy function in OWA does not work
When users attempt to copy email from their Inbox to any other folder, OWA spits back an "The item can not be found. It may have been deleted". Yet, you can fully open the email that is trying to be copied in OWA, and it appears normal. This is for all users, including admins. Has anyone seen this issue before? Is the public store mounted? -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Gregg" <greggferrara@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1154357066.064822.164860@s13g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > When users attempt...

wanting to know width of several columns for copying
it is sometime required to copy width of several colums to the right. Is there any way to do it in one step? Thanks Sunantoro Wrote: > it is sometime required to copy width of several colums to the right. > Is > there any way to do it in one step? Thanks Hi Sunantoro Try using the Format Painter (looks like a paint brush), hifghlight the columns that you want to copy the widths from, click on the Format Painter and then highlight the columns you want to copy the width to -- Paul Sheppard ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Paul Sheppard&...

spreadsheet corrections or additions
have a main spreadsheet to pull data from.that way an update to cells there would flow changes to the other spreadsheets.Can that be done other than to manually copy and paste? Not exactly clear what you are trying to achieve. For starters, you could link the files with formulae. Say you have BookOne.xls and BookTwo.xls, and you want to link a cell in BookTwo.xls to a cell in BookOne.xls. Lets say BookOne.xls is the main sheet. In cell A6 in BookTwo.xls, you want the same result as in BookOne.xls, cell B15. In BookTwo.xls enter =BookOne!.B15 Can you work with that? -- Hth Kass...

Opening Two Spreadsheets, Side By Side ?
Hello, Using Excel 2007 and Windows 7. What's the trick for having two spreadsheets open at the same time, side by side, please ? (not two sheets from the same spreadsheet; want to open two different Spreadsheets) Driving me crazy, as as soon as I open the second one, the first seems to disappear. Not too sharp with this. The exact steps to follow, in detail, would be much appreciated. Thanks, Bob On Jun 26, 5:43=A0pm, Bob <rgs...@notme.invalid> wrote: > Hello, > > Using Excel 2007 and Windows 7. > > What's the trick for having two spreadsheets open at the...

how do I open an excel spreadsheet attachment from microsoft word?
I received an email with an attachment that is an excel spreadsheet. My computer is coming up with a message to get program from online. I go to the website and click on microsoft excel and download, but I still can not open the attachment. What am I doing wrong, and how do I open this attachment, without having to tell my customer to send it to me as a word document? There is an Excel Viewer, a free download which will enable you to open Excel files, available from here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details/aspx Also, you could think about Openoffice - I can't find a suita...

copying to the clipboard
This should be easy. I want to select a cell. then copy the comment from a cell into the clipboard. To get the comment I can Excel.Selection.Comment.Text for copying to the clipboard. Googline I see a clipboard object. people use: Clipboard.setText but clipboard is not an object for me. Do you have to add a reference in? dim it as something? thanks Hi You can not copy a comment into the clip board, but you can work with it like this: Sub test() Dim sComm As String sComm = Selection.Comment.Text With Worksheets(1).Range("B1").AddComment .Visible = False .Text...

Error Loading Outlook Client
Tired of getting CRM Outlook client errors. "An error occurred loading Microsoft CRM functionality. Try restarting Microsoft Outlook or contact your system admin if errors persist" I've had the problem at two clients since Feb and finally solved it! The symptoms are that every other time you open Outlook CRM client installed, you get the above error and the toolbar is disabled. I've read just about every posting out there and tried them all, but they just weren't the right fix for me. I would consider this a definite bug in the crmaddin.dll file. The problem is simple...

OWA
I've installed a 2nd Exchange Server in the same Administrative group as the initial server. Everything works fine on the initial server, including OWA. When I moved a user from the initial server to the new server, everything worked OK via the Outlook 2003 client. When I tried to login using OWA, I received the Windows userid/password challenge from the first server, then a Windows userid/password challenge from the second server, but it never authenticated. I got a 2nd challenge, and the an Access Denied message came up in the browser window. Both servers are in the same Windows d...

row that needs to wait till the next page break befor copying
I have a Macro that hides and copies visible cells to worksheet 3, but, I have a certain row that needs to wait till the next page break befor copying so that I don't have to manually adjust them. Moving them manually takes 25 minutes 2-3 times a day, if there is a way it would really save me. ...

Copy columns into rows
Can anyone advise me how to copy columns of contiguous cells, into a much easier to read row of contiguous cells? hi, copy the column. select a cell in column a. goto edit>paste special>transpose >-----Original Message----- >Can anyone advise me how to copy columns of contiguous >cells, into a much easier to read row of contiguous cells? >. > Don't forget, only 256 columns, which means only that many rows can be moved to a *single* row. Select the column(s), Right click in the selection and choose "Copy". Right click in the first cell of the row to rece...

stop another mfc dialog appl (.exe) from an mfc application
Hi, is there some sample code to stop another mfc dialog appl (.exe) from an mfc appl (vc6.0) ? THANKS ! What do you mean by "Stop a Dialog"? ---------- Ajay Kalra ajaykalra@yahoo.com To kill or shutdown the .exe. "Ajay Kalra" wrote: > What do you mean by "Stop a Dialog"? > > ---------- > Ajay Kalra > ajaykalra@yahoo.com > > Get hold of the handle of main window using FindWindow. Then you can use ::PostMessag(handle, WM_CLOSE). ---------------- Ajay Kalra ajaykalra@yahoo.com it works ! Thank you Ajay ! "Ajay Kalra" wr...

Macro copy range
Hi, I have this data In column B: code1 code2 code3 In column C: city1 city2 city3 How can I create a macro that stores values from B and C column and pastes them in column A one under the other like: Column A code1 code2 code3 city1 city2 city3 Thanks try sub copybandctoa() for i=2 to 3 dlr=cells(rows.count,1).end(xlup).row+1 columns(i).copy cells(dlr,1) next i end sub -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "canvas" <spyele123@gmail.com> wrote in message news:b91f5ed7-fcb1-4567-afc0-1...

copy conditional formatting
1. I want to copy the conditional formatting set to cell A1 to Cell B1, C1, D1..K1.How can I do so? Ajit Hi Ajit, Use the format painter(paint brush icon). Select the cell that has the desired cond. formatting, then press the format painter(double click if copying format to 2+ cells), select the cell(s) that you want the same cond. formatting applied to. Have a great day! -- Kevin Lehrbass www.spreadsheetsolutions4u.com "ajitbmunj" wrote: > 1. I want to copy the conditional formatting set to cell A1 to Cell B1, C1, > D1..K1.How can I do so? > > Ajit You cou...

Create renamed copy of file in same directory
Hi everyone, this is my first post here and yes, I'm a powershell newbie. I could not find a solution to my problem online, and I am not getting my little command to work - perhaps someone here is kind enough to offer some advice. :) The task: say I have 3 .jpg files and one tmp-file in my folder c:\test\jpgs\ File 1: house.jpg.test.jpg File 2: roof.jpg.test.jpg File 3: bird.jpg.test.jpg TmpFile: somefile.jpg.test.tmp (please note that I am aware of .jpg showing up twice in each of the actual image files, but ideally I would want this script to only find the file extensions...

How To: copy dialogs from one project to another ?
Do you know how to copy a dialog used in one project to a new project, can I do this from outside IDE just copy files from one directory to another ? or do I need to copy manually inside IDE. Thanks in advance for your help, Eduardo Tom Serface wrote: > > don't mess up the original. I do this all the time and it works really > well. Do you do it with VS .NET 2003? If you do, great, because it just means my installation is broken in some way. If you don't, I suspect that if you migrate to .NET 2003, you'll swear at it and stamp your foot as much as I did when I fo...

How do I prevent hidden columns from being revealed by another use
If I create an estimate using confidential information ( i.e. markup %) and send the file to my client after hiding that column, how do I prevent him/her from unhiding and seeing the condifdential info? Hi archie you could protect the worksheet - this will stop the hidden columns being unhidden unless the protection is remove (or cracked) however, as it's relatively easy to crack worksheet protection i personally would make a copy of my worksheet WITHOUT the information in it that i didn't want the client to see and send that to them. Cheers julieD "archie" <arc...

Another IMF V2 question
I just reinstall SP2 on my Exchange 2003, and I still don't see the IMF option under my default SMTP virtual server. And YES I have checked the box (Apply IMF filter) in the Advanced propreties on the Default SMTP virtual server. Anyone has an idea? REgards JP The only thing on the advanced properties of the SMTP virtual server is to turn on/off the different filtering options. IMF settings are found under ESM > Global Settings > Right Click on Message Delivery > Intelligent Message Filtering tab. "JP Breton" <jpbreton@videotron.ca> wrote in message ...

SOS! Help! Loading another workbook in the current workbook
SOS! Help! Loading another workbook in the current workbook - cells not updating! Hi all, Please help me. I have spent quite a few days on this but couldn't get it work. On Excel file A.xls, I have 5 file names(Excel files) in A1 to A5 on "sheet1"... and in that A.xls file I have the following VBA code. The goal is to load the 5 Excel files one by one, and freeze all the sheets therein. i.e. copy and pastespecial as values with formatting and color etc. That's to say, the goal is to take static snapshots of the dynamically changing cells and sheets. Each sheet have cell...