COPYing the content of a cell to a graph as Title

I need to copy the content of a Sheet1 cell (just a name
to a graph (in the same xls file) as its title.
Ctrl+C does not retain the info as I go back to the graph
sheet to PASTE it on the title.
When I write a macro, the code displays an error that
says the procedure can't be performed.
Help, please. Thanks.
Guillermo.

0
guillermo (5)

Click on the Current title of the chart. In the formula bar type
Once you have the = in the formula bar, switch to the sheet that contains the cell you want to link to, then press enter
If you don't currently have a title, enter it by going to Chart|Chart Options. Make sure you are on the Chart Title tab

     ----- Guillermo wrote: ----

     I need to copy the content of a Sheet1 cell (just a name
     to a graph (in the same xls file) as its title
     Ctrl+C does not retain the info as I go back to the graph
     sheet to PASTE it on the title
     When I write a macro, the code displays an error that
     says the procedure can't be performed
     Help, please. Thanks
     Guillermo

0
anonymous (74722)

Cells act as if they are linked-link does not display in entry bar
I'm having a problem. I have a workbook set up with two worksheets. The worksheets are formatted the same way- they hold the same type of data. However, one column acts as if the cells are linked between worksheets. For example, if I complete cell D6 on the first worksheet, cell D6 on the 2nd worksheet displays the same data. But the entry bar shows the data for each worksheet, not a link. Also, when I tried opening the Office menu to select "Prepare" and "Break Links" I did not see "Break Links". So I'm very confused. Please help. ...

Automatically Receiving Copies of All Messages Sent AND Received
I seem to have a problem the opposisite of most of the others on here. SBS 2003 with Exchange 2003 SP1 Every message that is sent or received is copied to the Administrator's e-mail box. If a user changes an appointment, the Admistrator mailbox gets a blank message from that user. As someone says, the result is ugly - one big messy inbox. How do I stop this? To the best of my knowledge I do NOT have journalling turned on (nor do I want it). I have been looking and haven't found it. Maybe I need a little direction as to where that is turned on and off so I can check there ...

excel file copied to cd-r is read only
I copied an excel file to a cd-r data disc, but when loaded into another computer it is read only. I can work with the file here and create new there, do I need a different disc? kzas Hi! When you transfer the file by cd-r to another computer: copy the file from the cd onto the hard drive; inspect the new file (File>Properties > General tab in Excel or us Explorer); Uncheck the Attributes box which says Read only; Resave the file. Al -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com thanks, I'll give it a try later today and get back kzas "AlfD >" wrote: > ...

can you get a backup copy of a document in Excel?
Is there a way to retreive an original version of a file in Excel, as you can in Word (Save a Backup copy option)? thanks, Peggy File>save as>tools>general options and check always create back up -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Peggy Allen" <Peggy Allen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7402BDBF-5985-4DCF-BC2C-0ADFECD94582@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to retreive an original version of a file in Excel, as you can > in Word (Save a Backup copy option)? > > thanks, Peggy ...

changing "move/copy" from Inbox to Public Folder
Hello again, Is there a way to change it from "move/copy" to "copy/move". I have a client that needs to just copy mail items from his inbox to the public folders without it moving. I tried Googling, but it appears to use the "/" as a wildcard which is rather frustrating in this instance. Thanks and Cheers, Rich What is it that you want to change? Outlook has both copy and move = commands, and they are distinct.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers ...

Error can't empty clipboard appears when trying to copy.
When I try to copy and paste a table from Excel into Word I am getting the error "can't empty clipboard" appears after hitting the copy function...This has happened a couple of times but only after extended use of the program. When I pull up the clipboard there is nothing on it at all...I opened the clipboard on every program I have running to see if its full somewhere else but it isn't. ...

counting the the result of cell in the column on 4 diferent worksheet with regards of date
Hi. I just want to know how I can count the result of cell on the different worksheet. ex. I have one files of xls. and it has 4 deifferent worksheet. each worksheet has a B column each date record at B column correspond to c column. what I want is how to count the value of C column with regards to date at B column Regards,agl Something like =SUMPRODUCT((Sheet1!B1:B100=DATE(2004,1,1))*(Sheet1!C1:C100))+SUMPRODUCT((Sh eet2!B1:B100=DATE(2004,1,1))*(Sheet2!C1:C100))+SUMPRODUCT((Sheet2!B1:B100=DA TE(2004,1,1))*(Sheet2!C1:C100))+... -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbo...

Problem Copying Charts to PowerPoint
I have some Excel code that copies some Excel charts to PowerPoint. It's giving me an error message that the clipboard is empty. Something in my code must be emptying the clipboard, but I don't see what it is. The error message occurs when I try to paste the chart at the last line of the code shown below: Range("Analysis_Left").CopyPicture Appearance:=xlScreen, Format:=xlPicture 'Open PowerPoint Set myAPP = CreateObject("Powerpoint.Application") myAPP.Visible = True myAPP.WindowState = ppWindowMinimized ThisWorkbook.A...

BAr graphs
Hello everyone THis is my first post and well I have some graphs to change at work. I was wondering if I can set the bar's of the graph to "blink" certain color ( automatically) when it reachs a predetermine "critical" level, or change color again for a more acceptable ratein and change to another color when a reateing is realy really good. Coul this be done at all? if no blinking then just change in color? Thank you Koji ( kojiroosuna@hotmail.com -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Jon Peltier has instructions for conditional charts. They don'...

how to hide cells, and still print then?
i would like to hide the first 8 rows from the users view, but still have them visable when the sheets is printed, is this done using split & freeze panes some how? Many thanks, Steve I would record a macro to unhide the rows, print the sheet, and then re-hide the rows......... Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "Steven" <me@where.why> wrote in message news:6Bjgc.186$Rl1.85@newsfe1-win... > i would like to hide the first 8 rows from the users view, but still have > them visable when the sheets is printed, is this done using split & freeze > panes some how? >...

Cell input control
Hi, in Excel 2003, is there a way to set a cell, or a column, in a way that a user can only enter a limited number of character in it? For instance, I want a user cannot enter more than 10 character into any cell of column C. thanks for help Try Data Validation: Select the cells to be impacted From the Excel main menu: <data><validation> Allow: Text Length Data: Less than or equal to Maximum: 10 Click [OK] Note: You can use the Input Message tab to give the users instructions and you can use the Error Alert tab to set whether the users are forced to comply or only warned....

Viewing Text In A Cell
When viewing a spreadsheet and I click on a cell, all text in the cell shows up in the box at the top of the screen but all of the text doesn't show up on the screen if I am not in that particular cell? How can I make all text show up in all cells? hi in xl help, type the word specifications. this will list the specs and limits of your version of excel. how much text you have? a cell will hold 37767 characters but only 1024 will show in the cell. all 37767 will show in the fomula bar....the box at the top of the screen. regards FSt1 "rsenn" wrote: > When viewing a s...

Multiple copies of emails #2
I've read some of the other posts on this problem, but nothing I've tried seems to work. Here's the background. I'm using Outlook 2000 (SP-3). I have 3 different email accounts with comcast that I have forwarded to my Outlook. If some sends an email to any one of those account, I end up getting 3 copies of it in my inbox ... all to the same one of my email addresses. I know this isn't a problem with Comcast, because when I look at my messages on their server, there's only one copy of each. So I figure it must have something to do with the Rules ... but w...

Cells font colors
Does anyone know how to have a cell font change color What I am trying to figure out is if cell A1 contains a number I would like that cell font to start off in red and if cell B2 contains a number have cell A1 change to red automatically I think it is something like =IF(D4="",0[RED],100[GREEN] And/Or Should I use Condiational Formating or a double IF? Hi Robbins2U! You can't do it with cell formulas. Take a look at Format > Conditional formatting. You need the Formula is option and your formula should evaluate to TRUE or FALSE -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydn...

breaking text into multiple cells
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Lets say I type &quot;a b c d&quot; into a cell. Is there a way I can place the cursor between &quot;a&quot; and &quot;b&quot; and then cause only &quot;a&quot; to remain in the original cell while &quot;b c d&quot; move to a new cell? <br><br>Thanks! On 2010-05-27 12:53:39 -0400, Dwade01@officeformac.com said: > Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: > Intel Lets say I type "a b c d" into a cell. Is ther...

Unsolvable cell naming question: Can anyone beat this one?
I am trying to copy and paste named cells from one workbook to another without having the first workbook file name attach to the named cells. For example, I am copying a cell named XYZ from file One.xls to file Two.xls. I need to have cell XYZ NOT say One.xls!XYZ when it is entered into Two.xls. Also, how can I get that message that asks if I want to use the cell names to not pop up? I think I understand what you're running into here. If the cell you are MOVING refers to a named range in it's source workbook that doesn't exist in the destination workbook, Excel will not ide...

Memory Cell Could Not Be "READ."
I have Money 2K, WINXP Home, and until about a week ago I had no problems updating. Now, most of the time, when I try to update the Internet Information, I get an error message which reads: The instruction at "0x600bb01c" referenced memory at "0x00000007" The memory could not be "read." Click OK to terminate the program. When this happens, my modem lights flicker as if it is trying to get a response, but isn't getting one. After 10 seconds or so, I get the above message. Every few days it works fine. I have Fidelity as a investment, and I can always...

"Remove folder and all it's contents". If empty just delete it.
If I try to delete an empty folder in any Explorer dialog, it reports.. "Are you sure you want to delete the folder "Empty" and all it's contents?" Surely if the folder is empty it doesn't matter if you delete it, can't Explorer check to see if the folder is empty and only warn the folder has "contents" when they actually exist and I genuinely need to be warned of that fact? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click ...

copy/move sheets within workbook
When I try to copy sheets in a workbook to another sheet in the same workbook I get the following error message: A formula or sheet you want to move or copy contains the name 'aa', which already exists on the destination worksheet. This repeats many, many times until it ends with something like 'zzzzzzzzzzz'. How can I preclude this from happening? I don't have any named ranges in the sheet/workbook that this occurs in. Has anyone seen this? >>I don't have any | named ranges in the sheet/workbook that this occurs in. Yet Excel thinks you do. Grab the N...

Email Attachments on hard copy printout
Some emails I receive show the attachments as icons or the name of the file surrounded by brackets. The printed hard copies of my emails do not show anywhere the attachments I've included. Is there some way to get the icons or file names on the printed copy of an email? On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 07:37:16 -0700, "valuemgmt@aol.com" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Some emails I receive show the attachments as icons or the >name of the file surrounded by brackets. > >The printed hard copies of my emails do not show anywhere >the attachments I...

'Create a copy (of worksheet)' not working ?
Trying to create a copy of a worksheet in same book at worksheet tabs, but after check 'Create a copy' in 'Move or copy' window, nothing is created. Suggestions ? -- Thanks again for your help. akm (XPpro,SP-2,IE-7,Office2003) I'm not sure what you're doing wrong, but try ctrl-clicking the tab and dragging it to the right (or left). akm wrote: > > Trying to create a copy of a worksheet in same book at worksheet tabs, but > after check 'Create a copy' in 'Move or copy' window, nothing is created. > Suggestions ? > -- ...

Cell referencing #3
Hi, I have a sheet, which contains a metrics score card and a chart based on this metrics. this metrics is created on every modays of a month. i have created a list which shows all dates for monday in the month. I want to put the data related to all the mondays in one single sheet and based on the values selected in the list, data should be displayed in the metrics columns. Please help. Regards, Navin Sounds like VLOOKUP should work for you. Check it out in Excel help. VLOOKUP is very easy to use. As an example, if you have 01/02/2007 in A1 of your Summary sheet and the corresponding...

Multiply cells and format to currency in text format
Hi, I have 2 cells which I wish to multiply, and have the result be formatted in text with the 2 decimal places. 3 x 1.55 = 4.65 2 x 4 = 8.00 This is going to be used with a program which requires it to be numbers stored as text. Just basic cell formatting doesn't work. Can some one please help? Cheers -- Paul Wilson On Tue, 22 Dec 2009 16:43:02 -0800, Paul Wilson <PaulWilson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, > >I have 2 cells which I wish to multiply, and have the result be formatted in >text with the 2 decimal places. > >3 x...

Printing Patterns in Cells
Hell, I am trying to print a worksheet I created with colors and patterns. The colors print, but the patterns don't. They show up in print preview. Can anyone enlighten me please? Oh, and is there a limit to the width of a worksheet. Mind will only go as far as column IV. Thanks for your help Patty ...

Flagging a particular cell? #2
As numbers are added and subtracted in a column of cells over time, the sum of these cells changes. I should like to discover a formula to be used which would flag a particular cell (or point in time) when that sum fluctuates by a given amount over the last flagged cell. Example: cell|data|sum|flag 1) 3 3 2) 4 7 3) -2 5 4) 5 10 FLAG 5) 6 16 6) 9 25 FLAG 7) -3 22 8) -8 14 FLAG etc. The formula I am looking for would examine the sum column and would flag a variance of 10 or more from the last flagged cell. I...