Copying Multiple Cells to One Cells

Copying multiple cells into one cell as a summary.  Eg I
have a list of items in seperate cells in one worksheet
and wish to summarise them in another worksheet in one
cell.  Can this be done
0
anonymous (74722)

=B2&C2&D2&E2 Will concatenate the value contained in the individual cells
B2,C2,D2 and E2.

You can also use concatenate(B2,C2,D2,E2)

unlikeKansas

"Chas" wrote:

> Copying multiple cells into one cell as a summary.  Eg I
> have a list of items in seperate cells in one worksheet
> and wish to summarise them in another worksheet in one
> cell.  Can this be done

Hi
how do you want them to be summarised?
maybe something like
=A1 & "-" & B1 & "-" & C1
will do?

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Chas wrote:
> Copying multiple cells into one cell as a summary.  Eg I
> have a list of items in seperate cells in one worksheet
> and wish to summarise them in another worksheet in one
> cell.  Can this be done
0
frank.kabel (11126)
8/9/2004 5:37:27 AM
Hi Chas

if you wanted spaces or commas between the values you will need to include
them in the formula:-
e.g.
=B2 & " " & C2 & " " & D2
or
 =B2 & ", " & C2 & ", " & D2
or if using the concatenate function
=Concatenate(B2," ",C2," ",D2)

and, of course, being in another workbook you'll need to include the
workbook name & sheet name in each of the formula elements.

Which leads me to my next question .. is it necessary that the summary is
dynamically linked to the first workbook or could you concatenate them in
the first workbook somewhere and then copy / paste special - values the
RESULT only to the summary book?

If it needs to be dynamic then i would suggest concatenating them in the
first book and linking the concatenated cell to the second.

Hope this makes sense
Regards
JulieD

"unlikeKansas" <unlikeKansas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> =B2&C2&D2&E2 Will concatenate the value contained in the individual cells
> B2,C2,D2 and E2.
>
> You can also use concatenate(B2,C2,D2,E2)
>
> unlikeKansas
>
> "Chas" wrote:
>
> > Copying multiple cells into one cell as a summary.  Eg I
> > have a list of items in seperate cells in one worksheet
> > and wish to summarise them in another worksheet in one
> > cell.  Can this be done

0
JulieD1 (2295)

multiple users send from common email address
Hello, I have several users from support department (exchange 2003). Although they have each his own email address, I would like to let them send email from a common address such as support@company.com from their outlook clients. Really, they could use the "reply to" field, but is there some simpler way? On the other hand, I would like all of them to receive messages at support@company.com address. Is it possible? many thanks in advance. O. Ondrej: To get them all to receive mail at support@yourdomain.com, just create a distribution group in Active Directory Users and Co...

Device Context Copying & Bitmaps
Back again and I'm all confused! If I create a memdc like this "memdc.CreateCompatibleDC(NULL);" I can select a bitmap to it, draw on the bitmap and all is well. However, in my program I have a CPaintDC, which paints to a IDC_STATIC control and I want to be able to assign a bitmap to it as above and also draw on the bitmap, so I have a copy. Can I do this, or is there someway to copy the contents of the CPaintDC to a memdc, so I can then get it on a bmp somehow!? Thanks, Martin ...

How do I copy a chart made in Excel to Powerpoint?
I have created a number of charts in Excel that I need to export to Powerpoint for a presentation. I also want to turn each graph into a jpeg or pdf file for publication. How do I do this? For sharing charts in Office 2003 or earlier: Using Excel with Other Office Applications http://peltiertech.com/Excel/XL_PPT.html Office 2007 throws some wrenches into the gears. To export charts as image files: Enhanced Export Chart Procedurehttp://peltiertech.com/WordPress/2008/06/09/enhanced-export-chart-procedure/ Use PDF or GIF, which are optimized for line art, not JPG, which is optimized fo...

How do I copy data from one workbook to another whilst retaining formulas on original
I'm looking to run a macro from workbook SWT (sheet CLT) which will cu and paste data from a range of cells (A2,C2,E2,F2,G2,I2,K2.. A3,C3,E3,F3,G3,I3,K3... A4,C4,E4,F4,G4,I4,K4.... until end of data from workbook SWT (Sheet CS) to rows A to G in Workbook SWTS (Shee Stats). I have vlookup formulas (eg =IF(B2="","",VLOOKUP($B2,'Data Field'!$A$7:$B$12,2))) in place in columns A,C,E,F,G,I,K on sheet CS and I'm looking to keep the these formulas in place (unless someone ca think of better alternatives). When I paste the data on sheet Stats i must paste onto the...

be able to print indivually different labels on multiple label sh.
hi i want to be able to use publisher to print individual labels on a multiple label sheet, any ideas regards greg Do you mean different addresses on the labels or be able to print one label as needed and tell it which label you want to use? (I do the latter in Word.) -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Greg" <Greg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:740CB634-47E8-4EEC-BE75-768932495A30@microsoft.com... > hi > i want to be able to use publisher to print individual labels on a > multiple > label sheet, > any ideas > regards > g...

copy of active screen without using the Print Screen button
Hi, I have a Netbook and it does not have a Print Screen button.HOW do i capture the active window to paste it into a Word document?I do that all the time on a different computer and i am travelling at the moment and i am stuck as i cannot seem to find an *alternative button. Anyone know? I have tried the Gadwin print screen software but it does not work very well for me. TIA XP user wrote: > Hi, > > I have a Netbook and it does not have a Print Screen button.HOW do i capture > the active window to paste it into a Word document?I do that all the time on >...

Cut/Copy & Past problems
I would like to copy a group of rows from one workbook to another - The second workbook has formulas along the bottom to do various sums etc on the block of dat at the top - I want to copy and paste different blocks from various sheets and the print the new sheet with the sums - The blocks are always in the same format but have different numbers of rows so when I copy and paste them I highlight the block to be copied and then highlight the block of data to be Replaced and then choose Paste - Hoping that the highlighted block on the second sheet will have it's data replaced with the ...

how do i change the color of a cell auotmatically?
I am desiging a data shee and i want to changes the color of a cell based on the valuse of anthor cell. ex. if "cell m34" is equal to 0 then "cell p21" is white, if cell m34 less than 1548, then "cell P21" is yellow Can this be done? If so, please help me out. Hi! Select cell P21 Goto Format>Conditional Formatting In the dropdown select Formula is Enter this formula in the box: =AND(M34<>"",M34=0) Click the Format button and select the style to apply then click OK. Click the Add button In Condition 2 Formula is: =AND(M34>=1,M34<=154...

Is it possible to have text and currancy in one cell and ...
Is it possible to have text and currancy in one cell and be able to use the numbers in that cell to make an equation with another? The short answer .. No -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- Please respond in thread xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot>com ---- "thegen" <thegen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1552FF10-9CAA-42AD-B401-B0D229D6A343@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to have text and currancy in one cell and be able to use the > numbers in that cell to make an equation with another? well maybe depending on how the "text & currency" was ar...

How to skip cells with text strings.
What should I add to the code below to cause it to skip a cell tha contains a text string in the cell above it? I need it to only work o numbers in the cell above it. If ActiveCell.Offset(rowoffset:=-1) <> "" Then ActiveCell = ActiveCell.Offset(rowoffset:=-1) + 1 Application.SendKeys ("{Enter}") End If Thanks so much. mikebur -- mikebur ----------------------------------------------------------------------- mikeburg's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2458 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?thread...

Diffrent cell on diffrent date?
I�m going to TRY and explain this the best I can. For work when we do our cash out at the end of the night we use a exce sheet. This sheet is to add up our change, checks, credit cards etc etc. etc. When we're done we print it out and than type the figure into another excel sheet. I pretty much know how to combine the sheets so instead of typing the numbers into SS1 and than entering i into SS2 I can have the numbers going from SS1 to SS2 automatically But my question is that how do I set it up so when I type the info i SS1 that it will go to in to SS2 but to have the cells change by dat...

Excel Formula Guidance. Formula need to determine if cell is popul
Hi, Hopefully someone will be able to provide some guidance. I have been tasked with setting up some spreadsheets at work to application coming into my department and the number of days it takes for us to deal with them. To work this out is easy enough using formula =NETWORKDAYS(B4,E4,$A$119:$A$158) with the numbers involved with the $ referencing bank holidays listed in the spreadsheet and B4 received date and E4 being the completed date. I now need to include some extra lines as I need to be able to monitor written enquiries as well so the headings would read Application ...

graph data from multiple worksheets
I have about 10 worksheets with data in them, I would like to put it all on one chart, how do I do it? I cannot fit it all in one worksheet. Produce the chart from the data from your first workshet. Go to your second worksheet, select the relevant data, copy, go to your chart, edit/ paste special, and accept the relevant option to add a new data series or add data to an existing series. Alternatively having produced your original chart, go to Source Data, and either adding data to an existing series or adding a new series will allow you to select the relevant data from whichever work...

Segrigation of different datas from one colum
Hi , I am trying to segrigate and pull data from one colum to different colums. For this I want to created a macro . Also I want this data to be pulled from a word document and to be pasted on an Excel template.Is it possible ??then How can we do it . Hi Roy- Providing a sample of the type of data you are working with (whatever you want to segregate, also called "parsing") would be helpful in order to provide you more direction. You can definitely extract data from a Word document, but how efficient it is will vary depending on how your Word document was set up...

Coping numbers to next blank cell on another worksheet
I am just learning Excel (need SIMPLE help) but any help would be greatly appreciated. My OS is XL Professional and I have MS Excel 2002 SP2. I need to copy calculated numbers (I got this much done on my own) in specific cells on worksheet # 1 to the next blank cells in existing columns of numbers used in calculations on other worksheets in the same workbook. I other words, I have a formula that calculates numbers and places the results in the same column and row each time it is used. Those calculated numbers need to be copied and used on different worksheets in the same workbook. While...

how can i copy formula?
hi, please help! my problem was i create a formula that gets the total sum from another workbook. i want to copy the formula and past to another cell but the only thing must change is the name of the workbook. example. i want to paste the formula of A1 to B1 and so on which autoamtically link to another workbook. Workbook1. sheet1 A1=sum of workbook2 B1=sum of workbook3 C1=sum of workbook4 Hi Into A1 enter the formula like ="_=SUM('C:\My Documents\[Workbook" & COLUMN()+1 & ".xls]Sheet1'!A1:A100)" Copy the formula to right. Select all formulas, copy ...

Separate file with one field
Seems like fairly simple need but cant figure it out. How do i export the contents of One field of a table into a .csv or a text file, one record per line? Thanks Ramesh Create a query that returns only one field. Use TransferText (in code or a macro) to export the query. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. "Ramesh" <ramesh2020@gmaildotcom> wrote in message news:e6cgFNDKIHA.4880@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Seems like fairly simple ...

How to save custom cell formatting?
When I goto Format - Cells - Custom and type my own format. For e.g. #,###,##0.00000 The format mentioned above is available for current file only. How do I make it available to other files (and new ones) as well? ...

Need to access selective cells from Excel file stored at Sharepoin
I need to link my PPT 2007 slide with an Excel 2003/2007 sheet data stored at Sharepoint 2007. Excel sheet is having lots of cells/rows - hundreds, but i want only selective ranges to be visible in PPT slide. Moreover, if can apply some calculations prior to rendering the date, is also required. Any suggestions please? ...

how do i copy rows to a new worksheet by a cell value
Hi, I have a worksheet with many rows of values. Where a cell in a particular column is "Yes" I wish to copy the values of that row to a different worksheet. Is this something suited to a macro? Many thanks for any assistance. Nibbs without a macro, use data>filter>autofilter>filter on yes>copy -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Nibbs" <Nibbs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:144D7242-BAFC-43B4-98EA-EC95657832B2@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I have a worksheet with many rows of values. Where a cell ...

Offline access to multiple mailboxes
I currently use O2003 to open multiple mailboxes. 1 primary and 2 secondary. I cannot figure out a way to make any of the folders in the secondary mailboxes available offline. Is it possible without creating seperate profiles? Thanks No, you need to create separate profiles & OST files. Rick wrote: > I currently use O2003 to open multiple mailboxes. 1 > primary and 2 secondary. I cannot figure out a way to > make any of the folders in the secondary mailboxes > available offline. Is it possible without creating > seperate profiles? > > Thanks Add the mailb...

loop thru cells to find matching record
I'm having difficulty with the following code. I think thre are several issues, perhaps the easier one first. When I set the following range, I noticed it didn't start at row 14 but at row 12, not sure why? Set rng = wsSheet.Range("A14:A" & Cells(65536, "A").End(xlUp).Row). I noticed that the message box shows cells I'm not interested in. The more difficult problem is per the following The active workbook, "sheet 1" has a lising of serial numbers, the serial numbers start at row 14, the exact number varies, hence the set rng as per abo...

look one cell below
Does anyone know how reference one cell below another cell. Example In cell B10 I want to return the value in the cell below cell A5, but I can't type A6 directly. I want to type in something like =A(5+1) but excel doesn't take that. Any suggestions? Thanks! ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi, try =OFFSET(A5,1,0) Gromit ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post u...

Easy one? Have vbs logon script run local executeable
Hi, I use a vbs logon script at my domain controllers. I need to run an application from the client computers' C: drive when they log on... The logon script code below tries to run MyApp for the domain controller's C: disk, I need it to be run from the clients' C: disk. Set WshShell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell") ResultCode = WshShell.Run("C:\Program Files\MyApp.exe", 1, true) How do I do that...? regards jake "Jake" <jake44@gmail.com> said this in news item news:eGVyNZKqKHA.5760@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... &g...

Manual Input of Cell Refs
I need to do a calc on sheet 1 which will use data from sheet 2. I want to point to the row on sheet 2 by manually inputting its number in sheet 1 at ,say, A1. Ex: In sheet 1 a3 I have the formula =Sum(sheet2!A?:G?) where the value of ? has been inserted manually in Sheet1 at A1 TIA Craig Hi try = =Sum(INDIRECT("'sheet2'!A" & A1 & ":G" & A1)) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Craig wrote: > I need to do a calc on sheet 1 which will use data from sheet 2. > I want to point to the row on sheet 2 by manually inputting...