Copying a worksheet in Excel

Why do objects, eg a logo, sometimes give stacked copies when a worksheet is
copied in excel.  You don't know it has happened until you save your document
and it is huge.  Then you have to click on the object, in this case a logo,
and click and delete up to a 100 copies that are neatly stacked one on top of
the other until you are left with the 1 nr logo you are after!  Any ideas how
to stop this from happening?

I've never seen excel do this.

Are you sure that the original worksheet didn't have 100's of logos already
there.

You may want to post back with more details (version of excel, especially) to
see if anyone else has experienced this.

--

Dave Peterson
0

Thanks for responding.  I checked the Excel Version used by my colleague, it
was 2002, but it happened on my machine too which uses 2000 so I don't think
it makes any difference.  It seems to be an intermittent problem which pops
up now and again.  I will try and replicate the process and see if it happens
again.

Ian

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

> I've never seen excel do this.
>
> Are you sure that the original worksheet didn't have 100's of logos already
> there.
>
> You may want to post back with more details (version of excel, especially) to
> see if anyone else has experienced this.
>
> GraySmithy wrote:
> >
> > Why do objects, eg a logo, sometimes give stacked copies when a worksheet is
> > copied in excel.  You don't know it has happened until you save your document
> > and it is huge.  Then you have to click on the object, in this case a logo,
> > and click and delete up to a 100 copies that are neatly stacked one on top of
> > the other until you are left with the 1 nr logo you are after!  Any ideas how
> > to stop this from happening?
>
> --
>
> Dave Peterson

Insert copied row into a list
In Excel 2003, I can insert a row into a list by inserting a row into the spreadsheet. That is, I can right-click along the row numbers along the left, then insert a row. However, if I try to insert a copied a spreadsheet row, I get the message that I am trying to shift cells down within the list. That is, I select a row by clicking the row number on the left, press ctrl- C, then right-click another row on its row number at the left, and choose insert copied row (or maybe insert pasted row -- I'm don't have access to Excel at the moment to verify). Inserting a copied/pasted row doe...

Copy Pivot Chart
Does anyone know how to copy a pivot chart and paste only its values? You can copy/paste special/value as you would any other cell values. However, you need to navigate from "edit" on the tool bar. These options are not available for a pivot table via the right click. "TK" wrote: > Does anyone know how to copy a pivot chart and paste only its values? ...

Copy Cell or Column without advancing formula reference?
I have a spreadsheet with formulas referring to another worksheet. I need to copy the columns however, each time I do, the formulas advance to another cell. Which is an incorrect reference, skewing my results. You need to modify the formulas to use absolute references. Edit each of the cell addresses in the formula and put $ (dollar signs) in front of the column letters. "sgluntz" wrote: > I have a spreadsheet with formulas referring to another worksheet. I need to > copy the columns however, each time I do, the formulas advance to another > cell. Which is an...

excel 2007 schemas
PLEASE HELP :( i am trying to link a pdf file to excel thru a schema i think what i am missing to get the correct mapping is locking or labeling the column headings anyone out there who can help will earn major karma points thanks ...

Clip art in Excel 2007
Hello, I have two clip arts in my Excel 2007 one is check mark and the another is a "X" in a particular cell I would display the text "Balance", which I like to have the check mark clip art appear. If the same cell has the text "Not Balance" then I want to show the clip art with the "X" and the clip art with the check mark disappear. Is this possible? I would appreciate any tips. Thank you in advance. If you want check to appear when text in cell a1=balance and x when text reads no balance try this in B1 =IF(A1="balance...

Arrow Keys in Excel #3
While typeing in Excel, my arrow keys suddenly changed from moving from "cell to cell" to scrolling the screen. I cannot figure out how to change the keys back so that they move from "cell to cell." Any suggestions? Hit the scroll lock key. -- Damon Longworth Don't miss out on the 2005 Excel User Conference Sept 16th and 17th Stockyards Hotel - Ft. Worth, Texas www.ExcelUserConference.com "Claude" <Claude@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:20EFD914-65E1-4B08-8522-F284276F7E2A@microsoft.com... > While typeing in Excel, my arrow...

Assign Macro to button in Excel doesnt work Any ideas?
I have followed the instructions in help but when I get to step 3 "right click to bring up shortcut menu & enter Assign Macro" the assign macro" option does not appear!! Any Ideas Hi Mike can you see assign macro - but it is greyed out? or is it not an option at all? if it is greyed out you'll notice around the button little diagonal lines, click on these and they should go furryish .. now try right mouse clicking. if the option is not there at all, please post back letting us know how you created the button. Cheers JulieD "Mike@Becketts" <Mike@B...

Using a two-dimensional array in Excel 2002 or 2003
I am trying to improve my coding skills in Excel VBA and I just can't seem to find a good, very basic, example of how to use a 2-dimensional array. I've looked in several reference books & browsed VBA Forums but can't find an example I can understand. What I was trying to do was define a 3 x 4 Array that has a data type of Single. My sample data is located in Cells E1:H3. E F G H 1 3.4 8.1 11.6 100.3 2 5.2 7.3 45.2 632.4 3 1.7 9.6 39.7 161.5 I've been trying to use the LBound and UBound functions too, thinkin...

Dafaults for new Worksheets
I have a file that I continually add worksheets to. With each new worksheet I have to reset the page set-up with regards to margins; header and footers etc. I assumed that copying a correct worksheet to the new one would simply copy over all my requirements but it doesn't. Can this be done once in the file instead of each new worksheet Thanks Hi John you can create a teplmate for new sheets/workbooks. Have a look at the Excel help for 'Templates' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany John wrote: > I have a file that I continually add worksheets to. With each new >...

inserting blank rows in worksheet
I have several worksheets that have over 500 lines of data. I need to separate in line with a blank line. How do I do this using vb without doing it manually? chris smith pretended : > I have several worksheets that have over 500 lines of data. I need to > separate in line with a blank line. How do I do this using vb without doing > it manually? Answered in your previous post (8/18) -- Garry Free usenet access at http://www.eternal-september.org ClassicVB Users Regroup! comp.lang.basic.visual.misc also add www.aioe.org to you signature. | Garry | ...

Excel Macros #4
I am running Excel 2003 and when I start one of my worksheets I get a message about the worksheet having macros. When I go to Tools Macros there are none listed. I did attempt to create a macro years ago, under Excel 97 but I could never find it or use it. How can I get rid of any macro remnent when it does not show in the list of macros. The security message is a pain in the neck when I know that there is no macro in existance Thanks of any help DJT When you record a macro, Excel creates a module in which the code is stored. When you delete the macro, the module is not automatically de...

import fixed-length text file into excel
- 2 2299 Del Pietro M Wintervill NC 1:18:26 2:44:0 2:44:11 6:16 - 1 2045 Robert Marchinko M Salisbury NC 1:15:34 2:31:1 2:31:20 5:47 I have a text file where each field starts at same column and of th same length in each record. I tried cut&Paste, I tried opening it in excel as a tab delimited file I tried as a fixed-length file None of these worked. Data came in scrambled or into scrunched columns If the data were a table then cut&paste works great. What's the secret in loading above 2 records into Excel? I couldn' simulate the look ...

Why with Excel Xp takes too much time to open and in 2003 fast?
I have 2 computers, in one I have Excel XP (2002) and in the other I have Excel 2003, I've been receiving files wich I need to check with my Excel XP, the problem is that it takes too much time to open, and when I try to open it with Excel 2003 it open normaly (fast). What can I do? Urgent, please I will thank you to send answer : eguevara2000@hotmail.com Thanks ________________________ Tengo 2 computadoras, una con Excel Xp (2002) y la otra con 2003, he recibido archivos pero con Excel XP tarda mucho tiempo en abrir los archivos, mientras que en 2003 lo hace normal (rapido), a ...

Excel 2003 #21
When doing “Local Save As”, under Tools on the Save As dialog, there should be “Save Options” but this is not on menu?? Has this been disabled in office 2003?? There is no Local Save As for Excel--any version. You are likely using some kind of Document Management Software. If you upgraded Excel, you may have to upgrad the other program as well. tj "Ritu" wrote: > When doing “Local Save As”, under Tools on the Save As dialog, there should > be “Save Options” but this is not on menu?? Has this been disabled in office > 2003?? Ritu File>Save As>Tools>Genera...

How to copy a file from a disk to a specified sector of another di
Hi, I want to perform the following operations given below. 1. Read a file from a disk 2. Write the same file to another disk 3. In the second disk the written file should be on the same cylinder/track/sector as it is on the first disk. Hoping to get a reply soon. TIA. regards, Jahfer V P. you can't do this at a file level. Thanks Vipin "Jahfer V P" <Jahfer V P@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:846B7A49-C2FC-405C-8B96-4CF48356717A@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I want to perform the following operations given below. > > 1. Read a file fro...

How do I hide formulas in Excel cells?
I have a worksheet with lots of different formulas. I need to have the complete sheet show the formulas and not the results. I did this before a few years ago but don't remember how. I am working on Excel 2000. Any help would be greatly appreciated. TOOLS / OPTIONS / FORMULAS HTH, Gary Brown "Rita" wrote: > I have a worksheet with lots of different formulas. I need to have the > complete sheet show the formulas and not the results. I did this before a > few years ago but don't remember how. I am working on Excel 2000. Any help > would be gr...

Excel Window Menu
Hi all, I am using Excel 2000 and I am working with over 20 excel files at the same time. The window menu shows only the first 9 files and I want to know if it is possible to see all open workbooks in the window menu without clicking the "More Windows" button? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Oguz Hi Oguz. If you are using Windows XP as your operating system, you could right click on your XP toolbar and select properties, then check the 'Group similar taskbar buttons'. I just opened 24 files and it showed them all when clicking on the minimised toolbar button. R...

Excel and ebay lists
Has anyone found a way to put the contents of ebay files, including pictures, into an excel database? I am trying to keep track of prices for items sold. Thanks ...

Excel Link to another Excel file and formulas
I have a formula that I want to "fill" down through my spreadsheet ='I:\filepath\[filename.xls]worksheet!$B$5 When I fill the formula down it does not change the reference. e.g. ='I:\filepath\[filename.xls]worksheet!$B$6 ='I:\filepath\[filename.xls]worksheet!$B$7 ='I:\filepath\[filename.xls]worksheet!$B$8 Everything remains as referencing $B$5 How can I get around this issue? Thanks, RICK The problem is that your use of an absolute reference is holding the cell reference constant. Try changing the $B$5 to: $B5 if you want to keep the column set as B as you...

Excel #158
I recently completed testing at a temp office and on the test I was asked to perform a Pack and Go Wizard in Excel. What is a Pack and Go Wizard? There is a Pack and Go Wizard in PowerPoint, which allows you to package the PowerPoint presentation onto a disk or CD to be shown on another PC. That other PC does not necessarily need PowerPoint installed. Could that be what you tested on? "Cola" wrote: > I recently completed testing at a temp office and on the test I was asked to > perform a Pack and Go Wizard in Excel. What is a Pack and Go Wizard? ...

Excel spread sheet #2
Every time I open ANY excel document on this CP it displays each individual cell as a page.......how do I change this setting? Moving each page break takes too long abd does not alway work. Hi try this macro to remove them all at once: Sub remove_them() ActiveSheet.ResetAllPageBreaks End Sub -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "dlam25mmm" <dlam25mmm@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:94BDFE5F-6CB2-4717-BE90-14A4245E0023@microsoft.com... > Every time I open ANY excel document on this CP it displays each individual > cell as a page.......how d...

Excel says: "links cannot be updated"
I have two linked files. One references cells from the other. When opening the file with the references in it while the other file is closed Excel gives the error message "This workbook contains one or more links that cannot be updated". However, there's a button "Edit links..." that shows no problems with the linked file. It's status is "OK". All of the links are indeed updated, so the error message seems wrong. Anyone seen this before? The two files are normal Excel-files (version 2003), the "update remote references"-option is checked an...

Chart disappears in Excel 2000 after scale is changed
When the scale of the chart is changed, the chart disappears. The chart and its data are on the same worksheet. ...

PDF Format for Excel
Can Excel spreadsheets be save in PDF format? Thom, Excel can't save files directly to PDF files. You need a third party product like Adobe's Acrobat (full version, not just the free Reader), or something like PDF995 (www.pdf995.com) . -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Thom" <thancox@lgbcpa.com> wrote in message news:090401c3cfb4$a5eef630$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Can Excel spreadsheets be save in PDF format? Thom, Yes, but you need a program capable of doing so... A popular one is Adobe Acrob...

Why doesn't the tools/options work in Excel?
About a month ago I was not able to get to the "Options" screen under tools. I still can't even after reloading and repairing Office. I can get to the "options" under Word but not Excel. I am using Office 2003. Help me get it so that I can get to Tools/Options. Is it gone or what happens when you try to open options? If it's gone, do view>toolbars>customize. select commands, scroll to toolbar and select in the left pane, in the right pane scroll to options (at end) then drag it to its place. You could try to rename *xlb to something like *.bak res...