Copy worksheets and formats

Hi,

I have a worksheet (budget) set up as 31 columns representing days of a
month. I also have a worksheet designated as yearly, 12 columns for each
month. The first worksheet, Jan, totals numerous rows and sends the data to
the Jan column of the monthly WS. I need to copy the Jan worksheet in a way
it will change the Jan! to Feb!, then Mar!, etc. If I copy it as is the data
will be the same as the month of Jan. Hope you can understand this. I can't
;+)

Ken

0
kwill1050 (28)

More than one way, but an easy way if each month formulas are the same is to
copy Jan sheet, and paste them into the Feb area, then select the area
pasted | edit| replace and in the dialog box type jan to find and replace
with Feb

Dave

ya,
"Ken" <kwill1050@mindspring.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have a worksheet (budget) set up as 31 columns representing days of a
> month. I also have a worksheet designated as yearly, 12 columns for each
> month. The first worksheet, Jan, totals numerous rows and sends the data
> to the Jan column of the monthly WS. I need to copy the Jan worksheet in a
> way it will change the Jan! to Feb!, then Mar!, etc. If I copy it as is
> the data will be the same as the month of Jan. Hope you can understand
> this. I can't ;+)
>
> Ken

0
dh995 (1)

Excell Worksheet formatting
I have some how created a situation where if I type in a cell a whole number when I move out of that cell it automatically inserts decimal places, typically 52 becomes 0.52. What have I done & how do i correct it? Hi goto 'Tools - Options - Edit' and uncheck 'Fixed decimals' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Dizzy Des wrote: > I have some how created a situation where if I type in a cell a whole > number when I move out of that cell it automatically inserts decimal > places, typically 52 becomes 0.52. What have I done & how do i > correct it? ...

I have written a macro that takes me from the worksheet where I am entering information regarding an event to a worksheet that has a drawings of various table and chair layouts that I wish to copy. I would like to go to this worksheet copy a selected drawing then return to the previous worksheet to paste copied drawing. The cell formats and range in both the source and target worksheets are identical. As always, post your code for comments. It is HIGHLY likely that you need NOT goto the destination sheet at all. with sheets("destinationsheet") range("a2:a22").copy ....

How do copy text from a picture/image & make it available for edi.
I am trying to copy text from an image. And I want that text to be copied to Excel/word not as a picture or image but as a text hi, this cannot be done with excel. the text on the image is part of the image and excel only see the total image not individual parts of the image so it cannot seperate. sorry. >-----Original Message----- >I am trying to copy text from an image. And I want that text to be copied to >Excel/word not as a picture or image but as a text >. > Thanks, can it be done in Word or notepad..... "anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com" wrote: &g...

CONCATENATE involving CHAR(13) and CHAR(10): "" marks when copy/paste to text editor [???]
The result of this formula: =CONCATENATE("#1=",W4,CHAR(13),CHAR(10),"GOTO665",CHAR(13),CHAR(10),"N5",Y4) has quotation marks when copy pasted into a text editor, like so: "#1=2 GOTO665 N553" You can see that the CR/LF comes out but it adds the quotation marks. Is there any cure for this? Thanx, -plh PS: I tried using only CHAR(13) in place of CHAR(13),CHAR(10) and also CHAR(10) only, and also using cell references in place of the literal strings, that is: =CONCATENATE($Y$1,W3,CHAR(13),CHAR(10),$AA$1,CHAR(13),CHAR(10),$Z $1,Y3) but the result was the sam...

Conditional formating
I have two forms that are similar and they have the same conditional formatting set for the same controls. Form 1 shows all the records and form 2 only shows info for the current record. They both have conditional formatting set the same for the some controls. Form 2's conditional formating does not work. I'm using recordset clone as it's data source and I'm opening it with a command button and synchronizing it with the following code: If IsNull(Me![txtXCPO]) Then Exit Sub End If Dim formname As String, SyncCriteria As String Dim frm As Form, rs As DA...

Time to general format
I have a time sheet that calculates hours worked(end time - start time) , and then totals hours for the week. The problem is I need this total for the week to be a real number so that I can figure weekly salary by multiplying by hourly rate. Can you help. My time format is h:mm AM/PM Thanks Mike Hi Mike for calculating the sum just add the daily hoers and format the total cell with the custom format [hh]:mm. To calculat the weekly salary multiply this value with 24 and your hourly rate: =A9*24*B9 where A9 stores your total hours per week and B9 your hourly rate HTH Frank news.microsoft...

Sharing Worksheets
Earlier in the week, I got a question asked by one of my users about a problem with a shared worksheet. The worksheet is an engineering time log worksheet. When the user opens this worksheet on a co-worker's PC, it works fine...by that I mean there are three drop down boxes that she can choose things faster from as well as the panes are frozen both horizontally and vertically. When she opens the worksheet on her own PC, these drop down boxes don't function and her panes are only frozen horizontally. Both workstations are Windows 2000 and both Excel programs are Excel 2002 S...

Outlook email
I constnatly get four copies of e-mails sent to more than one recipient. Also, they show up in folders I never wanted them to show up in. What should I do? If you have anti virus integrated with Outlook, uninstall that AV, reboot, reinstall AV without the outlook integration "mswao" <mswao@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B83B4100-CC53-451D-956C-D7749D155B22@microsoft.com... >I constnatly get four copies of e-mails sent to more than one recipient. > Also, they show up in folders I never wanted them to show up in. What > should > ...

MS Access Copy record to another table based on a form input 10-08-07
Hello. I have 6 Tables, all with identical fields. I want to copy a record from one table into another table, which table depends on what table is selected in a form. So if the table names are One, Two, Three, Four, Five, Six, and the record that I want to copy and insert into another table has been selected by a query in a form. I want the form to direct where to insert the table. So if the form has table Two selected (from the drop down list) then it should insert the record into table Two. If the form has table Four selected then it should insert it into table Four. The table the record is...

Changing default format for http references.
Microsoft Office Publisher 2003. How can I set the default for http references in a publication so that it is not a hyperlink? It is a nuisance to have every usage of http://something converted to hyperlink format and then to have to go back through the document and clear each one (and likely overlook several). Try, edit, find... replace -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "James Hahn" <JamesHahn@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OrYtBHyqEHA.708@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Microsoft Office Publi...

Export Conditional Formatting to Excel
I have a form that uses conditional formatting to turn the cell either red or green based on if the line item is ahead or behind schedule. When I go to export this to excel, the formatting is loast (i.e no red/green in the .xls). Is there a way to amke the color formatting come thru in the export? Thanks, -bob Yes, After you have exported to Excel, you can open the Excel workbook and use automation to change your formatting of that column. The way I would do this is: 1. Export your report to Excel. 2. Open Excel, and record a new macro. Once you have started recording the new ...

How do I stop a general format from being autoformatted to date
I want to stop Excel from automatically changing the format of a cell from general to time every time I enter a new row of data. I have several column headings running across the top of the page and I have set the format of 4 columns to display the time (HH:MM), the next column has been formatted to show a GENERAL entry. This was done by selecting the whole column and applying the format of General. The problem is when I enter data for a particular row I enter from left to right and put the data in the 4 TIME formatted cells first, by the time I go to the 5th cell which should just be a n...

Lost ability to print multiple copies of email
I am only able to print one copy at a time of an email. Though I tell the printer to make copies in quantity, I only get one copy. This happenned all of a sudden. For the other programs I use, Excel, Word etc., I am able to print the number of copies I direct the printer to do. Any advice? Update your printer driver? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer,...

Attach a file in a worksheet
Hello members How to paste, a word doc or a text doc inside a worksheet. For example ____________________________________________ Positive respose (A file to be attached here) ___________________________________________ Negative response (A file to be attached here) ____________________________________________ Regards and thanks in advance Vinay Hi I dont think you can attach a file but you can link to a file, so when you click the hyperlink it would open up Word with your document. Just go to Insert > Hyperlink then browse to the document you want. ...

copying the objects from a sheet
I am trying to write code to copy the objects (logos, graphics, etc) from one sheet to another, and have them come up in the same place on the destination sheet. At the moment, it's putting them somewhere near but not quite at the top of the sheet and shifting them left a bit Is there a way to get them to go in the same place? Here's the code that isn't working: Sheets("Sheet1").Select ActiveSheet.DrawingObjects.Select Selection.Copy Sheets("Sheet2").Select ActiveSheet.PasteSpecial Format:="MS Office Drawing Object&qu...

Conditional Formatting #74
I using Excel 2007 in Vista. I have two adjacent cells, say A1 and A2. I want the text in A2 to change to red if its value exceeds the value in A1. I have tried Conditional Formatting but while it looks okay it does not work. TIA for any help. Ed Hi Edward Goto Format>Conditional Formatting> "Change cell value is" to Formula and type this in =B1>A1 then set color, it should work HTH John "Edward" <edward.j.obrien@DELETEbtinternet.com> wrote in message news:B70A7D3F-0AD3-4575-80D9-ACDDD587A815@microsoft.com... >I using Excel 2007 in Vista. > &...

Ignore table formatting when importing data using OLEDB
I am using Excel 2010. I want to write a macro in a 'consolidate' XLSM file that will query another selected XLSM file and import data from one of the range names in that file, into the 'consolidate' file. When the import occurs, it formats the imported table using the default Excel 2010 table style (see screenshot), however i don't want to format the cells - i just want to import raw data and leave the cells formatted as they are in the 'consolidate' XLSM file. The PreserveFormatting property has no impact, as the damage is already done once the query is added. ...

Number of copies when printing is 256, how can I set it back to 1?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel It's only with one Excel document. I've already trashed the prefs and that didn't fix it. high quality Soccer jerseys NBA Jersey tracksuit and jackets, GHD hairstraightener supplier from www.willpa.com Are you a Retail businessman who bother by the purchase price? China Cheapest TOP wholesale website can help you we are specialize in replica sport goods manufacturing in china, we can offer you all kinds of soccer jersey, NBA jersey,shoes and so on. they are the best brand replica goods w...

SumIf across multiple worksheets
I have 13 worksheets I want to sum quarterly. The formula I've been trying is: =SUMIF(A5:A36,"136982",'Apr 4:Jun 27'!G5:G36) but I get a #Value! error message. In column A I have contract numbers. In column G is the crew size. I want to sum all the crew size based on specific contract numbers. Any help is appreciated :) In each of the other worksheet, are the contact numbers also in column A? best wishes -- Bernard Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme "Alberta Rose" <AlbertaRose@discussions.microsoft.com>...

how do I format megabytes
I am trying to recreate a slide, but the original prints clearly, mine doesn't. I was told by the printer that the original is 569 megabytes, so I need to make my new slide the same. I don't see anywhere to reconfigure megabytes. Help! ddinbb wrote: > I am trying to recreate a slide, but the original prints clearly, mine > doesn't. I was told by the printer that the original is 569 megabytes, so I > need to make my new slide the same. I don't see anywhere to reconfigure > megabytes. Help! 569 MEGABYTES??? Good lord, that's ridiculous. A 5 meg...

fixing corrupted files in xls format
Hello, I have several files that became corrupt after moving them from 1 drive to another during a reinstall of windows. I am using windows xp pro and office 2003 pro. There are also several files that do not appear to be corrupt but insist that I download and use windows rights management to read. It is already on my computer. One other file is in access that requests a password although I never set a password for any of my files. These files are all of last seasons bicycling data that I had compiled and are not of a sensitive nature. They are however, very important to me. Is there a...

Date and time as long format in the taskbar
Operating system Windows 7 professional 64 bit the time is shown in the desktop of Windows in the taskbar down on the right. Is there the possibility in this place of showing the time and date into long format, example: Su, 29.08.2010 13:34:47? thanks Josef Josef, I don't think so, but if you "hover" your mouse cursor over the date shown, it will display "Sunday, August 29, 2010" (American format). The format displayed is controlled by the "Long Date" format chosen in "Control Panel/Regions and Languages". Will those choices sa...

Format Question 10-01-07
How do I get this text box to format $#,###.## at the moment I am getting Grand Total:1085.5 instead of Grand Total $1,085.50 = "Grand Total:" & (NZ(DLookUp("Payable","qPayableTotalForPayment","OwnerID =" & tbOwnerID.Value),"")) Thanks for any Help...............Bob Simple method - in design view format the control as currency HTH -- Wayne Manchester, England. "Bob V" wrote: > > > How do I get this text box to format $#,###.## at the moment I am getting > Grand Total:1085.5 instead of Grand Total...

Formatting information
Hello, I exporting a report to excel. The report is exported in Excel 5.0 format. When the information is displayed in Excel I need to re- format it to use in a report that I produce. Currently i do this manually but would like to automate the process using macro's. Firstly I want to re-format the date in column A, the information in this column are peoples names. This appears in the format Surname, First Name I want to change this to the format First Name Surname....eg Bloggs, Joe becomes Joe Bloggs. How can I do this? I have worked out hoe to re-format the other sections b...

Ploynomial Trendline Equation Changes After Copy Paste
In Excel 2007 if you create a XY Scatter Plot and then add a polynomial trendline to the plot, display the equation, then try and copy/paste the chart to a Word 2007 document the trendline equation in the chart drops one of the orders. If you right click and select Format Trendline, it still lists the correct order equation, but it does not show. If you delete the trendline, and then add it again in the pasted copy of the chart the problem is fixed. I have reproduced this using 2,3,4,5, and 6th order polynomial equations. I was unable to reproduce this behaviour. Can you give more ...