Copy Subtotals to another worksheet

When using excel sub total function. How do I copy the sub total to another
worksheet?
0
Webs (1)

Hi
Reduce the grouping to show just the information you want. Hit F5 and select
Visible Cells.
Ctrl+C to copy. Move to where you want the totals and click Edit / Paste
Special / Values.

--
Andy.

"Webs" <Webs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When using excel sub total function. How do I copy the sub total to
> another
> worksheet?

0
Andy

C: drive copy / backup to D:
I have installed a second hard drive (D:) which I intend to be a backup for the C: drive. All I would like to do is copy the entire C: drive to the D: drive on a weekly schedule. I've looked into the Backup utility in XP and it's close to what I want, but it makes a bkf file rather than a copy. This is not as convenient for me (I'd like to be able to manually examine the files on D:) also I read the bkf file is corrupted even with a single bit error. I've looked at some other freeware programs but its the same deal, although the compressed format differs from product ...

merging worksheets question
I have Excel2000, WindowsXP. I am new to Excel but have managed to get a worksheet with names, addresses, rsvp's sum (bride's list). Now I have received the worksheet by email from the groom's mother with her list except in slightly different format. My question is how do I merge these two worksheets so that in the end I'll have the entire wedding list alphabetical by last name? I'm afraid to start trying it by myself for fear I'll lose the whole worksheet. If this isn't clear, please advise. Will appreciate any and all help in this matter. Barbara Barbara ...

Countif in multiple worksheets
I have a workbook, with multiple (70) sheets , each with it's own name. Each sheet states in cell D2 "Yes", "No", or "Not sure". In a summary worksheet I would like to count the number of times "yes" has been stated in cell D2 of all worksheets. With COUNTF I can't get the range right. Is it possible to do this? I sure could use some help, thanx Rob You cannot use COUNTIF (or SUMIF) with a 3D arguments such as =COUNTIF(Sheet1:Sheet3!A20,"yes") So you need a user-defined function If the summary sheet is the first one on the t...

copy rows with values
Hi First step is no problem: in Sheet1 col AI this formula is inserted with VB to add age groups =OM(OCH(Age>=0;Age<7);"a. 0-6";OM(OCH(Age>6;Age<16);"b. 7-15";OM(OCH(Age>15;Age<26);"c. 16-25";OM(OCH(Age>25);"d. 26-";"")))) Col is autofilled to last used row. In next step I loop thru these rows to find certain rows and copy them to Sheet2. Problem is that formula on each row is then copied. Instead I need it to be values only! Needs to work in Excel 2003 and 2007. Sheet1 can have >20 000 rows Any s...

Merge contents of two worksheets
I am a novice writing an Excel 2002 template. I import external data from sources A and B into sheets 1 and 2. There are no duplicate rows. I have named dynamic ranges for them both to accomodate variable rows and fixed columns. How can I automatically copy the contents of sheets 1 and 2 into a consolidated sheet 3? Thanks in anticipation. Go to Sheet 3 on the column type + and move the cursor to sheet 1 or 2 an enter. if you require the entire row pull down in the cell in sheet 3 ok "Grey Old Man" wrote: > I am a novice writing an Excel 2002 te...

Recalculate a field when another field's value changes
I have the following fields I'm working with; they are all on the same Form which comes from a query. MultiClassDisc TotalTuitions TotalTuitions is calculated by the sum of (4) other Tuition fields. I have a check box to trigger the calculation of the MultiClassDisc field which works off of the following code. If MultiClass.Value = vbTrue Then MultiClassDisc.Value = TotalTuitions * 0.1 Else MultiClassDisc.Value = 0 End If It works Ok.....when I check the box it calculates MultiClassDisc to be 10% of the TotalTuitions and when I click the box off it chan...

VBA code for copying on a range were cells are blank
Hi everyone, me again!! So, you were all so helpful with my earlier prob, thought i'd keep you going with another prob i'm having. OK, so what I want to do (in VBA if poss), is to search the range B2:E2 and see if they are blank. If yes, then I want to copy the cells above and then carry on searching that range. I can't do it upwards as its likely that there are going to be more than one set of blanks, e,g. A B C D E F 1 Joe Bloggs | 309873 | Smith, John | 08:00 | 12:00 | Back Office 2 | | ...

Copy contents of a cell into a blank cell
How do I copy the contents of cell B2 into cell D2 only if D2 is empty Hi It cannot be done with a formula - only with VBA. The following code should achieve what you described Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) If Target.Address = "$D$2" Then If Range("D2") = "" Then Range("D2") = Range("B2").Value End If End Sub To Use Copy Code above Right click on sheet tab>View Code Paste code into white pane that appears Alt+F11 to return to Excel -- Regards Roger Govier "fire9...

Making a List from a worksheet database
I have a worksheet which is a database of things people have ordered. Each Row has a customer number, date ordered, item number, item description. customer name, customer address (I only have to enter the customer number, and item number - the other fields fill in automatically using vlookup). I'd like to have another worksheet for a year end type summary where I can put the customer number on it in a given field and have it search through the database and insert on the worksheet anything that particular customer may have purchased. Is this possible? How? Thanks Hi! Piece o...

Insert page from another Publisher file
I am trying to insert a page from one Publisher doc into another Publisher doc. I don't want to COPY/PASTE since that would mean I would have to reformatt the text. Help. If it is only one page, use the Painter tool. Open help and read how to use it. Copy/paste from one Publisher document to another doesn't change the formatting, have you tried? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Mark Davies" <Mark Davies@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4FB773EB-AE03-484E-8818-EED12FFAC0FB@mi...

changes to master copy of worksheet automatically updates a copy in another location
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Hoping to make copies of worksheets that will update automatically when worksheets in the master set are modified. Is that possible? Would one do it by linking the whole sheet? I had to do something similar to this, this summer when my mother was in nursing home and I had to pay here bills. I had to put information in a given cell on page of the next succeeding sheet: this is but one example: =SUM(Sheet1!F19). Note the ! is not a mistake. If not in there it won't work. you have to do that for each instance need. The...

Moving contacts from 1 computer to another
I am really struggling here, so any help would be greatly appreciated. I have put Outlook 2000 on my new computer and I want to transfer all my contacts, notes etc from my old computer to the new one. I can't seem to figure it out. Thanks Scott just export (File, Import and Export, Export to a file, PST) from the old one and then import onto your new one N "Scott" <wyrks@gto.net> wrote in message news:064001c36bdd$ed554a00$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I am really struggling here, so any help would be greatly > appreciated. I have put Outlook 2000 on my new computer &g...

How to automatically add a worksheet using macro?
Can I add adding a worksheet in a macro? How do I do that? Ex. I create a new macro. One of the steps in my macro is to insert a new worksheet. Dim NewWks as worksheet set NewWks = worksheets.add with newwks .name = "Your New Name Here" .range("A1").value = "Hi there" End with eva wrote: > > Can I add adding a worksheet in a macro? How do I do that? > Ex. I create a new macro. One of the steps in my macro is to insert a new > worksheet. -- Dave Peterson Thank you "Dave Peterson" wrote: > Dim NewWks as worksheet > set Ne...

How can I add values from several worksheets in a line chart seri.
I have an Excel document with 12 (monthly) worksheets. I want to make a line chart pulling data in one cell (same cell on each sheet) from each of the twelve sheets. In other words, Jan F2 + Feb F2 + Mar F2, etc. Can I do that on the chart's Source Data menu in the Series/VALUES field? If so, what is the proper language/formula. If not, what are my options? Do I have to make a total page and pull from it? Also, is it possible to make the Category (X) axis label be the Worksheet Name (Jan, Feb, Mar) Lastly, is there a place that gives sample formulas for someone trying to brush...

Combining Worksheet Numbers
And old problem revisited. I brought this question to this board about a year ago and got two spectacular answers from Tom Ogilvy and Ken Wright. See previous thread ---> http://tinyurl.com/2yleu I will repeat my question again just in case Anyway, I have the same problem/question, but this time instead of all of the worksheets having a static set of values (names), the players will be changing positions from "season" to "season." Thus, the Start to finish thing doesn't seem to work. I am doing a career statistical page for an online soccer simulation. I want to...

Copying File Properties of Excel Worksheet
Hello I want to know if it is possible to enter all the file properties, Title, Subject Author, Manager, Company Category, key words from the File>>Properties>>Summary menu and copy these into other Worksheets automatically. can this be done with a MACRO or script? Trying to find a way to get lazy people to fill in these blanks Serno001 Worksheets don't have Properties. Workbooks have Properties. Why would you want to copy the same properties data to each workbook? Wouldn't a lot of those custom properties be unique to its own workbook? Like Author, keywords etc....

How do I lock a formula in a cell in an Excel worksheet?
I created a disbursement worksheet which is simple to use, just involves plugging in numbers and it figures everything out for us. However my coworker keeps erasing her formulas wehn entering info. Is there a way to lock a formula while still allowing numbers to be entered in the cell? Thanks for your help. Kathie Sure, ensure the formulas cells are locked and the other cells unlocked. When you password protect the sheet, make sure the section "Allow all users of this worksheet ti:" to not have Select locked cells checked. HTH ...

Copying values between worksheets
This seems a simple problem, but I can't find the answer: I am setting up multiple worksheets (one per month); the closing balance on Jan becomes the opening balance on Feb; if, for example, the opening balance is in cell F38 and the closing one in F42, then in cell F38 in Feb I enter =, then click on F42 in the Jan sheet. However copying across to the other sheets results in all sheets referencing Jan!F42. I understand why sheets can't be treated in a relative way, but is there an easy way of copying this without resorting to VBA? Cheers, ABriggs -- ABriggs -----------------...

Chart background color not copying along
Hi, I have a problem with charts that are placed on seperate chartsheets within my workbook. The chart-area is filled in different of yellow with a fill-effect. No problems thus far. But now when I'm copying the chart to word, the background-fill is reset to a black/white scheme instead of yellow. Strange behaviour that didn't occur up till november 2008. I've been researching this for a while. Up till now I found the following: This only happens when the chart is on a seperate sheet, not when it is positioned on a worksheet. It only happens with fill-effects. The color-swit...

Copying "To-Do List" entries to Word or Excel
I track all of my "things to do" on Outlook 2007 Tasks manager. I want to be able to print "to do lists" for specific categories and be able to transfer all of "to do" entries under a specific category, ie, Monthly Team Meeting, into a Word document to edit for agendas. How can I export my list of "things to do" from Tasks to be used hard copy or in Word? -- Tom Copy and paste... see http://www.slipstick.com/Tutorials/copyto/excel.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook &...

Combobox on a worksheet
Here's what I want to do: Offer the user the ability to quickly select a print area and print it. Here's what I've done so far: Defined [named] a number of ranges, each being a potential print area. Ranges are called Week_1, Week_2, Week_3 etc Added an unbound combobox with an input range that draws the named ranges from a separate worksheet. Added a command button to print the current print area. Here's where I'm stuck: I think I can get to grips with setting the print area in code if i could just extract the value in the combobox as a variable. I tried adding a cell lin...

Excel Worksheet Opens in Outlook Message
I have an Excel worksheet that is being copied to another computer using xcopy. When you open the copied file, it opens in an Outlook, in a new message. The file is not marked read-only, and the Ignore other Application box is not checked. This worksheet opens correctly in Excel on the computer from which this file is copied. Perry Perry Mayhaps the other computer's file associations are screwed up. Does other computer have Excel installed? Try this first Close Excel first and On the Windows Taskbar 1) Start>Run "excel.exe /unregserver"(no quotes)>OK. 2) Start...

Autofill worksheets?
Can I fill in a template on one sheet, and have it auto populate cells in other worksheets that are in the same workbook? Maybe using an excel form? Thanks, Dan Hi, If the cells on each sheet are in the same postion - group the sheets. Click the first sheet and Ctrl click each of the other sheet tabs. Remember to ungroup when you're done. Or put formulas in the other sheets that refer to the cells in the first sheet. =Sheet1!A2 -- Thanks, Shane Devenshire "Chugalug63" wrote: > Can I fill in a template on one sheet, and have it auto populate cells in > othe...

How to copy shortcuts and special folders.
Hi, I would like to ask how to copy shortcuts and special folders. I could not find too much information in the help. Is it posible to find even any samples somwhere? Thanks, Lubomir Which special folder? Try GetSpecialFolder or find your folder then use this to copy them BOOL CopyFiles(CString Filename,CString To) { SHFILEOPSTRUCT FileOpStruct; char *Temp = new char[Filename.GetLength()+2]; sprintf(Temp,"%s",Filename); char *Temp1 = new char[To.GetLength()+2]; sprintf(Temp1,"%s",To); ZeroMemory(&FileOpStruct,sizeof(SHFILEOPSTRUCT)); FileOpStr...

copy paste format problem
I am copy/paste data from emails to excel. The font in the email doesn't fit the cells. I get a clip board asking me if I want to match the destionation, I have to click on that I do everytime I input the data. Any help?? Thanks Try to Right click on the destination cell and Paste Special... then select Values. It should just paste it as Excel's default text. "Cherie" wrote: > I am copy/paste data from emails to excel. The font in the email doesn't fit > the cells. > I get a clip board asking me if I want to match the destionation, I have to > click on...