copy sheet1 from bookA to bookB

If I copy a sheet with formulas from bookA to bookb, all formulas than point from bookB to bookA
How could I avoid that
Same for copy sheet1 to sheet2
Thanks Manfred
0
anonymous (74722)

Once you have copied the sheet across and the formulas
are referring to bookA...

Eg. ='[BookA]sheet1'!A1+'[BookA]sheet1'!A2

Highlight the entire new sheet, and do a replace (Ctrl H)
Find What : [BookA]
Replace With :
Leave Replace With blank and hit replace all.
Obviously you need to have a sheet called sheet1 in your
new workbook.

Check you have broken all links by going Edit / Links...
links should be greyed out. Sometime they remain if you
have copied named ranges from a previous workbook.

Hope this helps.
Paddy

0
anonymous (74722)
4/6/2004 4:47:38 AM
You are a genius, Paddy!!!!
0
anonymous (74722)

Copy from form & paste into a blank document

How to copy specific number of rows from cells to cells?
There is a given number in cell U1, which equals to 9, so I would like to copy 9 cells starting from cell V3, which should copy from V3 to V11 and paste text only into A3 to A11. If the given number in cell U1 is 6, then I would like to copy 6 cells starting from cell V3, which should copy from V3 to V11 and paste text only into A3 to A8. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to code this macro in excel 2003? Thanks in advance for any suggestions Eric Hi Eric Try.. Range("V3").Resize(Range("U1").Value).Copy Range("A3") -- Jacob (MVP -...

How can i copy a group of cells in a row to a column?
I wanna copy, for example, 8 cells in a row to column C, expanding as C1,C2,C3,C4,C5,C6,C7,C8.And i don't want to copy cells one by one..Just, select the 8 cells in the row, apply Ctrl+C,then hightlight C1,C2,C3,C4,C5,C6,C7,C8 and Ctrl+V...but it doesn't make sense.. Hi Yargila, Try: Copy | Edit | PasteSpecial | Transpose note that the copy and paste regions cannot overlap. --- Regards, Norman "yargila" <yargila@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8830D85D-8F62-4B35-8E21-3892A62711F7@microsoft.com... >I wanna copy, for example, 8 cells in a r...

How do I copy a formula with relative ref. keeping the same ref.?
How do I copy cells with relative references into other cells kepping the same references? e.g. cell A3 has the formula A1+A2. A6 has the formula A4+A5. I want to copy A3 and A4 into A15 and A16 in order to have A15 with the formula A1+A2 and A16 with the same formula as A6 (A4+A5). Hi Change the formula to =$A$1+$A$2 Look also in the Excel help -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "avjunior" <avjunior@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:38ACCFCC-04D7-4921-B45C-B49BAB29D474@microsoft.com... > How do I copy cells with relative references i...

Pub. '07, Vista, copying & retaining format
I prepare a newsletter (NL) in Publisher, change it to pdf, then post to my website one page at a time. If pdf NL is posted to website in total, download time is far too long, as there are numerous pictures and graphics. When I copy & paste a page of NL to a blank Publisher page, the formatting is changed. This didn't happen with XP & Publisher 2003. How to I copy a page to a blank page (Pub.) without the format changing? Can you print each page separately to its own pdf file? I do it in Pub07 under XP using Acrobat. bj "Sunny" <Sunny@discussions.microsoft...

How can I copy my contacts in Earthlink
....to my folder on an Exchange Server in Outlook "EarthLink" as in the web service? You'll need to export them to a format Outlook can import. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http://www.onenote-tips.net/ Vote for your favorite Outlook and Exchange utilities i...

How can I Copy "Page Setup" Settings between Workbooks
How can I copy "Page Setup" Settings from a Spreadsheet on one Workbook to a Spreadsheet in another Workbook. (I am just starting to use Excel XP. I use to be able to use CTRL+Y "Repeat" Function to accomplish this Trick). I see how the discussion groups have addressed how to copy Page Setups witihin the same workbook. But I coiuldn't apply the same technique across Open Workbooks. Right click on the worksheet tab, select move/copy, I would click the copy checkbox and copy the worksheet with the good page setup into the workbook that needs that page setup.....

How to make excel understand to copy a Range of cells which has data in it
I have 2 excel files regarding daily values of two equities that I download from the internet on a regular basis. Each xls file has the following columns and rows for that particular equity. For eg. EquityA.xls will have : Symbol Date Open High Close Turnover A 01-jan-09 43.5 52 46 1496.53 A 02-jan-09 47 49 42 1322.44 A 03-j...

Bluilding Blocks.dotx not copying to users profile.
I have recently rolled out office 2007 using the cusomization file to 80 XP users. All has gone well except for one critical problem. I have had reports that page numbering isn't working and on further inspection i can see that gallery styles are also not fuctioning. The building blocks.dotx file is not copying to the users profile (C:\Documents and Settings\ user_name \Application Data\Microsoft\Document Building Blocks\1003\) which it should when a user first uses (or tries to use, as it wont work unless the building blocks.dotx fle is there) one of the said features of ...

How to copy ONLY the updated data from a large file?
Hello, I copied a large file from one disk(source) to another disk(destination). After this I made (manually or programmatically) some changes in the file on the source disk. Now, these changes should reflect in the file on the destination disk also. In order to achieve this, I copied the file again from source to destination. Since the file is a large one this method is not efficient. Because, for any minute change, I have to copy the entire thing. Is there any way to copy only the updated portion from the file on the source disk to the file on the destination disk? Hoping to get a r...

Backup copy
I want to make a backup copy of file from C:\Dir_try to F:\Dir_try. The following code is not working. Please help me to correct it. Shell Environ("comspec") & " /c copy " _ & Chr(34) & "C:\Dir_try\fundacf.xls F:\Dir_try\fundacf.xl" If you just want to copy a file you can use VBA FileCopy. FileCopy source, destination where both arguments are path strings/filenames -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Thank you, Brian I tried. It worked fine for a single file for each line. In fact, I was looking for a batch execu...

Auto copy any Email to an outside email server
I am thinking of converting from ACT to Outlook after 15 years of ACT. I'm having all kinds of second thoughts, but I'm proceeding as if I'm going to do it. I need to be able to have any email from one of my email accounts (I use 5) auto copied to an external email address on an outside server. Can I set up Outlook to do this with JUST the one email address and not the others, yet have all five accounts handy to send and receive mail from? I'm currently considering converting to and using Outlook 2002. Thanks for any help, RT You can have a rule setup to forward items ...

Image in Excel File is not getting copied
In a Excel File I have inserted one Image from Insert --> Picture --> Form File ... Now when programatically I use System.IO.File.Copy(srcFile, destFile) and make a copy of this excel file, then all the data in Excel File is copied but that image which I inserted is not shown in the destination file. What is the problem here? Thanks, Ashish ...

Copying a series of "indirect" formulas
I want to copy the following formula down 600 lines: =if(INDIRECT("Sheet1!$H15")+7<INDIRECT("Sheet1!$M15"),INDIRECT("Sheet1!i15"),0) With a "normal" formula, row 15 referenced in the formula would cop down relatively, i.e. the next row's formula would refer to $h16, the $h17 etc. With the indirect formula, the 15 is absolute and does no increase relatively. Is there a way to make it do so? Thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi you may use ROW for this. Try =if(INDIRECT("Sheet1!$H" & ROW(15:15))+7<INDI...

How do you copy plain text from a Word 2007 document?
I was wondering if there is a way to copy only plain text from a Word document, without all of the formatting information? No - but you can paste without the formatting information into Word 2007. What are you trying to do? -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> "...

need to Copy or Move to active cell from specified range
I may be the last person remaining on earth who still uses the original Lotus 1-2-3 Rel 1A, which I know and love, on an antique DOS machine. I've never had a reason to upgrade to a later version of 1-2-3, and have no idea how it now behaves, but one important feature of Release 1A is that instead of rigidly assuming that Copy or Move will always refer to the contents of the active cell, /c (or /m) followed by Backspace frees the cell pointer without changing the active cell. This means that you can easily perform a "reverse" Copy or Move, by going to the cell you want copied, a...

multiple copies of contacts after sync, and only one category is showing in address book
I have a user who after synching contacts with his axim has 3 copies of each - how can I remove the unecessary ones? Also he has his contacts separated into categories and only one shows in the address book - how can I get them all to show? thanks in advance for your help. mleon he is using outlook 2003 michele.removeleon@toyoda-na.com <michele.removeleon@toyoda-na.com> wrote: > I have a user who after synching contacts with his axim has 3 copies > of each - how can I remove the unecessary ones? Select the duplicates and click Delete. > Also he has his contacts separated...

Copy accounts settings
Dear All, I would like to transfer my accounts settings (email address, Pop3 and Smtp servers, login and username) from one computer to another one. Is there any way to achieve this? thanks, Arnaud "Arnaud Martin" <arnault.martin3@wanadoo.fr> wrote in message news:eAZ1e117DHA.2832@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Dear All, > > I would like to transfer my accounts settings (email address, Pop3 and Smtp > servers, login and username) from one computer to another one. > Is there any way to achieve this? > > thanks, > > Arnaud > > What version of Ou...

Problem copying resources.
Hello I am unable to get the Add Member Variable Wizard to work when I copy a dialog from one *.rc file to another. I copy the dialogs outside of a project like the help says. When the wizard comes up most of the fields are grayed out like the control variable check box and the Control ID combo box. Any ideas. Thanks Craig Craig Johnston wrote: > Hello > I am unable to get the Add Member Variable Wizard to work when I copy a dialog from one *.rc file to another. I copy the dialogs outside of a project like the help says. When the wizard comes up most of the fields are grayed out like...

Outlook 2000
My client sends one email and recipients receive multiple copies.Has = anyone seen this before and can shed some light. >-----Original Message----- >My client sends one email and recipients receive multiple copies.Has anyone seen this before and can shed some light. >. >having the same trouble with 2003, are you using a remote pop3 server? >-----Original Message----- > >>-----Original Message----- >>My client sends one email and recipients receive >multiple copies.Has anyone seen this before and can shed >some light. >>. >>having the sam...

Moving or copying building blocks from one template to another
If I have a template with a building block, for example a header in a template A , and want to use it in another template B (that already exists), how should I best do this? The only way I can think of is like this: 1. Save template A as template C. 2. In C open Building Blocks Organizer and set the Properties of the header so it gets stored in the Building Blocks (template) or Normal.dotx 3. Open B and reset the properties of the Building Block header so that it gets stored in B. 4. Delete template C. ? thanks Robin Your third suggestion should work fine if you want...

Copy/paste a column?
I'd like to take all the data listed under Home Phone and move it to Primary Phone. Or maybe just rename the Home Phone column as Phone, but that doesn't appear to be possible. I don't see any way to select the entire Home Phone column and copy/paste it to the Primary Phone column. ??? -- Those who flee temptation generally leave a forwarding address. ....Lane Olinghouse you'll need to enable in-cell editing to paste into another cell. It's under Other settings in the You can rename the column in a view but not on a contact form. Right click on the row of field...

Copying information from multiple worksheets into one
Hi, I have a workbook containing 50+ worksheets in the same format, with the same information calculated for each individual client. What I need to do is copy specific information (which is always in the same cells in each worksheet) into one definitive list. Is there an easy way of doing this? For E.g. I have 4 worksheets labelled client A, B, C & D in each worksheet, cell B1 contains client name cell F29 contains fist line of address cell L10 contains the charge rate Is it possible to have one worksheet with the information in cells B1, F29 and L10 in 3 adjacent columns in a list...

Copy Signatures etc
I am moving to a new computer and have successfully moved my pst file, but I wonder how to copy all the other stuff such as signatures, etc, stuff that doesn't seem to be in the pst, or if it was, didn't get enacted. Help fast, please. In case it matters, I am going from Outlook 2003 to 2007. Thx, Dean Dean <DEANALT@AOL.COM> wrote: > I am moving to a new computer and have successfully moved my pst > file, but I wonder how to copy all the other stuff such as > signatures, etc, stuff that doesn't seem to be in the pst, or if it > was, didn't get enact...

Use shadow copy to restore a public folder???
Windows 2003 Small Business Server! with Exchange 2003. Hey Guy's do you know how to restore a public folder with shadow copy? I know how to use it to restore a file that has chganged, but what if you delete the public folder how do you "click" on it to view previous version? And in addition to that where do you go to find the files! on the exchange portion. The exchange is on the same box as the server. Thanks guys! hey kingston public folders are normally stored under "%exchangeroot%/mdb/pub1.edb" but restoring form a shadowcopy will be as useless as restoring ...