Copy Rows found using Find All feature

I am looking for data in a spreadsheet containing a certain word.  If i do a
Find All,
I am given all of the rows that contain the word.  Is there a way to then
copy all of that data, or the specific rows that contain the keyword?

I find myself clicking each line found in find all, going back to the
spreadsheet, copying and pasting in a new spreadsheet.  I then keep repeating
this task.  there has to be a better way.

thank you,
0
ScottH (3)

Hi Scott,

> I am given all of the rows that contain the word.  Is there a way to then
> copy all of that data, or the specific rows that contain the keyword?

You can select all entries in the listbox that shows the found lines (e.g.
by holding the shift key whilst pushing the down arrow), then hit copy/
paste somewhere else.

Regards,

Jan Karel Pieterse
Excel MVP
http://www.jkp-ads.com

0
jkpieterse (271)
5/2/2005 2:36:37 PM
Thank you for the quick reply but that method is not working for me.  I have
tried that.

"Jan Karel Pieterse" wrote:

> Hi Scott,
>
> > I am given all of the rows that contain the word.  Is there a way to then
> > copy all of that data, or the specific rows that contain the keyword?
> >

> You can select all entries in the listbox that shows the found lines (e.g.
> by holding the shift key whilst pushing the down arrow), then hit copy/
> paste somewhere else.
>
> Regards,
>
> Jan Karel Pieterse
> Excel MVP
> http://www.jkp-ads.com

0
ScottH (3)
5/2/2005 3:04:10 PM
Are you looking for the string in just one column?

If yes, then maybe you could apply Data|Filter|Autofilter to that column.
Filter on that column (Custom|contains (yourstringhere))
then copy the visible rows and paste whereever you want.

--

Dave Peterson
0

Using friendly Avatars in Powerpoint simple import
I have read many posts throughout the web regarding using Avatars within learning content and Powerpoint presentations and the benefits that exist using such, and thought this could be an interesting link for your members. www.alteregos.com its a wizard driven software solution that produces video output in either AVI, SWF or Flash video, the content can be instantly imported directly into most compositions tools such as PowerPoint, Camtasia, Microsoft Video Editor etc, giving dramatic flexibility of use. It was initially designed as a generic avatar tool, but its major uptake is...

SDI with multiple views using the wizard
Hi all, I would like to build a Doc/View SDI Visual C++6 project using multiple views as (CFrameWnd) for the same document. In some documentation is mentioned just MDI support multiple views. Could someone please explain the steps for doing that, using the wizard? Thank you, Chris ...

Using PERCENTILE with *specific* cells in a column
I am trying to use the PERCENTILE function with specific cells in a column. For example, lets say the column is: A 1 5 2 6 3 7 4 8 Using PERCENTILE on say A1:A3 is easy enough, but I want to do say A1 and A4. I can achieve this by defining a named range such that it would be equal to A1 and A4, but would rather not use named ranges, as the above is a very simplistic example of what I want to do -- using named ranges would require a substantial amount of effort to achieve my end goal. I also realize I could re-order the rows such that I swap A4 with A2, therefore could use perc...

Deleting rows in Excel based on criteria
Is it possible to automate the deletion of row based on a criteria, preferably through a macro? i.e. - run the macro and delete any row who has "NO" in last column. >and delete any row who has "NO" in last column. last column IV ?? -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2) www.rondebruin.nl "SteveM" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:05ac01c3afb9$b76f96a0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Is it possible to automate the deletion of row based on a > criteria, preferably through a macro? i.e. - run the > macro an...

Use the important patch that comes from the Microsoft
--evwrdebjxmg Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="gzajfkxd"; type="multipart/alternative" --gzajfkxd Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="ihjeuwundidfxm" --ihjeuwundidfxm Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to mainta...

Using workflow to "share" a record with a "team"
Hi everyone, We were working on a project where, for one example, when someone creates a lead depending on some conditions the lead needs a "share" added to it for a particular "team". Any ideas? I can only see a way to "assign" the lead to someone. Thanks, Todd ...

Cannot copy & paste to a mailing label template
I downloaded a Christmas label template from Microsoft Office Word. After deleting "Name, Address, etc." which was on each label on the page, I then typed our address on one and tried to copy & paste so that we could have a whole page of return address labels. I just couldn't get it to work. Any suggestions? Rather than starting with a full sheet of blank labels, why not use the label wizard? Can you explain "just couldn't get it to work"? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummie...

SQL0518
Hi, I have numerous pivot table spreadsheets all taking data directly fro our IBM AS/400 via Client Access ODBC connection. With just one of the workbooks i cannot get back into query manager t edit the query (although data will still refresh ok !) Each time i try to edit i recieve : [IBM][Client Access Express ODBC Driver (32-bit)][DB/400 SQL]SQL0518 Prepared statement 0000000064 not found. Anyone have any idea what causes this and how to get round the proble ?? Many thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Row/column grid lines
Can someone please tell me how to remove the grid lines from a single row or column Cheers Stuart. Hi Stuart, You need to use a fill color. Format>cells>pattern, pick the color closest to the background color. -- John johnf202 at hotmail dot com "Stuart" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5CD88DAF-4CDD-4D04-8E9E-A50D9A319672@microsoft.com... > Can someone please tell me how to remove the grid lines from a single row or column. > > Cheers Stuart. Stuart, You can't remove the grid lines from a single row or column. Grid lin...

Find all cells with a number and mulitply
How can I find all cells in a sheet that are a number greater than zero and multiply each one by a number? IE: the number to multiply by is 1.2 A1 Tom A2 25 A3 0 G12 Bob G13 25 I want to programatically (without using a macro) find cells a2 and g13 only and multiply them by 1.2 Thanks in advance for your help. Jim Jim, As long as you don't have any negative numbers, it doesn't matter about being > 0 (0*n=0) or being text. Try this Put 1.2 in a spare cell and then copy it Select all the cells Goto menu Edit>Pastespecial Click the Multiply option OK out Now clear the c...

Internet Explorer (Browser) Crashes when using CRM Menu Bar
Problem: A user clicks on a menu bar item within CRM and Internet Explorer crashes. The user is asked if they wish to send the error report to Microsoft and closes out the current IE window. (Obviously this is very annoying when attempting to click on "Tools" > "Advance Find..."). This behavior appears to happen on the client machines that have been tested. When trying to duplicate this issue, I have found that on the initial start-up of CRM the menu system works fine. However, after navigating around in CRM (e.g. moving from the initial start-up screen to W...

How can you tell "To" address used for spam?
I have a few exchange email addresses on my account. Spam level is to the point that I want to delete the affected account. How can I tell which address is being used? Nick You mean you have multiple addresses for the same mailbox? The easiest way to pin-point the address would be the create multiple mailboxes for these addresses. Emails will get sorted for you automatically. -- Alexander Zammit WinDeveloper Software IMF Tune - Unleash the Full Intelligent Message Filter Power http://www.windeveloper.com/imftune/ "Nick" <nickmirro@spamarrest.com> wrote in message...

formula field: don't display anything when value is zero (using ;"
hello, I read this under the topic "How to get a formula field to total an entire table column, even if some cells in the column contain text or are blank" on the MVP-site and can't get it to work. I'm interested in the final bit, using ;"" Does anyone know how to do this? <start quotation>... Then in the total cell, press Ctrl+F9, and within the field braces {}, insert the following formula: { SUM(Table1 F:F) \# "#,##0.00;- #,##0.00;''" } “Table1” in the formula refers to the name of the bookmark you've marked the ...

Copy and paste into OLE
I need help with the code to do the following..... I want to copy and paste a bmp into an OLE cell on my form. I want to do it using code which I will add to a command button. Suggestions?? ...

IE and bandwidth use
Does anybody have any knowledge of what bandwidth is used/required when using CRM via IE Thanks Ian this was asked before, check out this old thread: http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&c2coff=1&safe=off&threadm=eJJwpM2IEHA.940%40tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl&rnum=1&prev=/groups%3Fhl%3Den%26lr%3D%26ie%3DUTF-8%26safe%3Doff%26c2coff%3D1%26q%3Dbandwidth%26btnG%3DSearch%26meta%3Dgroup%253Dmicrosoft.public.crm -Gary "Ianp" <ianp@tesl.com> wrote in message news:1729601c448be$891cf920$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Does anybody have any knowledge of w...

how do i setup excel to use separate instances for each file open.
Whenever I open a document in MS Word, it 'acts' like a new program for each file open. This is relevant because I have mulitple monitors and can have two or more active documents and see them side by side. Excel however opens each file into one program and does not allow simultaneous viewing of more than one book/sheet/etc... Is there an option embedded somewhere that will allow this?..or what?... I'm open to suggestions. uhh...I figured it out... Tools|Options|General|Ignore other applications "roomi" wrote: > Whenever I open a document in MS Word, it '...

Appointments using Workflow
I'm sure I'm not the first one to bring this up but has anyone come across a workaround for handling the autocreation of appointments using the workflow manager? Basically we need a rule that creates an appointment for a designated internal appointment book. Thanks! Hi, When built in features of Workflow dont help than workflow assemblies can be used but they do require programming skills. http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa685987.aspx You may contact me directly at my email address if you need any help on this. -- PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post was ...

Copy the sub-totals not the details
I have a worksheet (Excel 2007) that shows accounts sales data. The table has sub-totals showing the sum of the sales for each account. I need to transfer the sub-total data to another sheet to create a table that contains just the rows with sub-total values, and without the rest of the source data (so that I can import the sub-total figures into another piece of software). Anyone know how to do this?Jeff __________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4888 (20100222) __________ The message was checked by ESET Smart Security. http...

account/businesstypecode & Advanced Find
Hello folks, I have the following problem: There are attributes which are “not valid” for Advanced Find. For example, account/businesstypecode (http://{yourCRMserver}/sdk/list.aspx) is an important search criterion for accounts. For my organization (and I assume for others too) it is mandatory to be able to separate these business types for campaigns, lists, etc. For now, I told our CRM users that they have to sort the results by business type and than scroll to their desired business type… Does somebody know how to fix that? I assume that I can create a custom field and move all th...

copying numbers generated by formulas
Hello. I have a column that generated some numbers using formulas. Now that I have the numbers, I want to copy and paste the numbers elsewhere without copying and pasting the formulas. How do I do this? Thank you! Look at the Paste Option tag to the right of the cell you pasted into, click the down arrow, and select values or use paste special and select values. Ron "Rush" <Rush@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E1CC68E8-5E1A-4BCF-82E3-AFD27E7474C9@microsoft.com... > Hello. I have a column that generated some numbers using formulas. Now > that...

Move and Copy
Working with Excel 2003 - I am trying to place a previous work spreadsheet into another workbook - however, when I attempted to move and copy I can only insert one worksheet into the other workbook. Please advise -- Kellie Assuming Book1 is Active and Book2 is already open as well: Sub Macro1() Sheets(Array("s1", "s2")).Copy Before:=Workbooks("Book2").Sheets(1) End Sub -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200755 "Jessica@aol.com" wrote: > Working with Excel 2003 - I am trying to place a previous work spreadsheet > into another workbook - ho...

ISAPI cannot find the database
Hi, I'm writing an ISAPI that access a MS-Access DB. The DLL is on directory /scripts or the server and the database is on directory /data. The trouble is that the actual address on the disk doesn't follow the IIS structure. The DLL is on my VC++ project directory and the database is on another database directory. Just to explain better: According to IIS Homepage: localhost Scripts: localhost/scripts Data: localhost/data On the actual disk Homepage: C:\Inetpub\wwwroot Scripts: My Docs\VCProjs\web\Release Data: My Docs\Access\DBs What s...

Placing filtered rows into spreadsheet
Question: Once you've applied a filter to a spreadsheet, is there an easy way to save the filtered results into another workbook (so that the hidden rows are deleted in the new sheet)? I basically need to create a new file, and I don't want to jump through the hoops of linking to Access if I don't need to. Thanks, Eric How about just filtering, copying the visible rows and pasting into that secondary workbook? Eric Stephens wrote: > > Question: Once you've applied a filter to a spreadsheet, is there an easy way > to save the filtered results into another workbo...

Backup in use PST
Is it possible to back up a pst file whilst it is in use. Does anyone know of a backup utility that can do this? TIA Jon No - Outlook puts an exclusive lock on the file. Jon Svensson wrote: > Is it possible to back up a pst file whilst it is in use. Does anyone > know of a backup utility that can do this? > > TIA > > Jon ...

Shading a cell using an if statement
Hi Group, What I am trying to do is to shade a cell when an arguement is true. if(a3=10,shade cell,don't shade cell) thanks a bunch for any help!! Hi this is not possible with formulas as they can only return values but not change formats. The only way would be to use VBA and create an event procedure. e.g. something like the following (this code goes into your worksheet module): Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) If Intersect(Target, Me.Range("A1")) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub With Target If .Value = 10 Then .Interior.ColorIndex = 3 End If End With ...