Copy/paste question

I would like to move the contents of one cell to another.  The cell has a
background fill.  When I do a cut/paste, the cell which was cut from, loses
its style (changes to white background and loses the border).  How can I do
a cut/paste and not lose the formatting?

0
randy6842 (15)

Copy/paste instead of cut/paste.

--
Ken Russell

"Randy Harris" <randy@nospam.com> wrote in message
| I would like to move the contents of one cell to another.  The cell has a
| background fill.  When I do a cut/paste, the cell which was cut from,
loses
| its style (changes to white background and loses the border).  How can I
do
| a cut/paste and not lose the formatting?

0
rusty1 (18)
9/26/2003 5:02:32 AM
Randy

Try using copy/paste. Cutting it does just that, it cuts it!!

Andy.

"Randy Harris" <randy@nospam.com> wrote in message
> I would like to move the contents of one cell to another.  The cell has a
> background fill.  When I do a cut/paste, the cell which was cut from,
loses
> its style (changes to white background and loses the border).  How can I
do
> a cut/paste and not lose the formatting?

0
andy2763 (218)
9/26/2003 7:37:39 AM
"Randy Harris" <randy@nospam.com> wrote in message
> I would like to move the contents of one cell to another.  The cell has a
> background fill.  When I do a cut/paste, the cell which was cut from,
loses
> its style (changes to white background and loses the border).  How can I
do
> a cut/paste and not lose the formatting?

If you want to copy the formatting to the new cell and also leave it in the
original cell, use copy/paste (rather than cut/paste) and then clear the
contents of the original cell (select it and press Delete key).

If you want to leave all cells formatted as before, but simply transfer the
contents from one cell to another, use copy/paste special, values and then
clear the contents of the original cell as above.

0
Paul

How to copy an existing entity
Hi to all of you! I would like to export an original entity from crm deployment. Then I want to modify it and at the end I want to import the "pure" entity without recplacing my modified one. Is that possible? Thank you in advance Hi: If they have the same name when you import it will replace whatever is on the server with whatever is in the import file. One way to do this would be to export the entity you wan to modify, and then change the XML to reflect a new name, and then import it. However, this could prove tricky and I doubt it would be supported if something breaks....

Formula Questions #2
Trying to calculate this in Excel I have 3 different processes for an order: Filling - 300 parts per hour Packing - 100 parts per hour Shipping - 50 parts per hour If I need to staff for 9,000 parts per day for a 7.5 hour day, how would I calculated my total production for all 3 steps combined per hour remembering that each part must pass all 3 stations? Hi Filling staff =9000/(7.5*300) Packing staff =9000/(7.5*100) Shipping staff =9000/(7.5*50) -- Arvi Laanemets (Don't use my reply address - it's spam-trap) "esi" <haha@funny.com> wrote in message news:#vfqFU...

Question!!!emergency!!!
Hello All!!! An emergency, we just updated our server from Server 2003 R2 SP1 to SP2 and applied 21 hot fixes from MICROSOFT, everything is OK except when we login to GP an error message pop up: The stored procedure smcleanupFilesBeforeLogin returned the following results: DBMS: -127, Microsoft Dynamics GP: 0 Any ideas????? Thank you so much!!!! Sincerely, ben Ben Check out this KB article, it should help you solve your proble https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KBDisplay.aspx?WTNTZSMNWUKNTMMYUTMZWVZSQTWWUNTTROOLOWRVWSMMVMMQKKSSTTTPKQWRKYRL The KB article number is: 849708 This...

Question on GAL
Which problem can i have if i delete "Global address list" totally from exchange system manager?! Ask this because I have hidden gal, but the CTRL+K don't function. I need to delete the GAL for all users, because i have other custom address lists! Thanks All I would not delete it but rather modify permissions to stop users from seeing it. Although make sure you test your other address lists thoroughly. Nue "MMC" <ryuken_26@yahoo.it> wrote in message news:usMMox1GGHA.3448@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Which problem can i have if i delete "Global addre...

programming question
Hi, I am doing a calculation on the numbers in column B (say), unless there is an X in the adjacent cell in column C, in which case I must leave those numbers out of the calculation. I can't set them to 0 because that would cause an error - I have to ignore them. It may be dificult to give a detailed explanation here, but I'd be grateful for some principles. I'm not even sure if this is a job for VBA or if it can be done on the worksheet? Thanks, Theo Hi, use an if statement to put a number from column B or zero in column and sum column D up. Ram Theodore Bartley wrote:...

Exchange + Copy email to recipient + postmaster
I haev a client where sometimes users receive an email and the postmaster gets a copy as well. Doesnt seem to matter if its from a list or just a user. Doesnt seem to be any pattern or logics. This happens to more than 1 user They are running exchnage 2000 on a windows 2000 server Thanks Are these messages sent to more than one person, perhaps one of the addressee's has been deleted and the traffic is being NDRd into the postmaster mailbox? >-----Original Message----- >I haev a client where sometimes users receive an email and the postmaster gets a copy as well. Doesnt seem to...

Put "forward copy of email" to hotmail/yahoo for exch users
Hi, We have Exchange 5.5 server. Where in Exchange administrator --> can I find under user properties --> mailbox settings, option to 'Forward a COPY of the email' (NOT forward the entire email)? I need to put a forwarding for few users to their external email ids (yahoo/hotmail etc.) not other exchange email id. Akash Abhardwaj@in.safenet-inc.com On the properties of the user there is a delivery options tab (from memory) and you want to choose the alternative recipient option AND check the box that indicates that both will receive a copy of every message. The alterna...

FileStream and XmlTextReader Question
It is my understanding that I can create an XmlTextReader from a variety of sources, including a stream object. I am developing a web application that reads some data from an Xml file. Everything works fine if I use the XmlTextReader to open the file (i.e. pass it the file name): Dim reader As XmlTextReader = New XmlTextReader("<file_name>") But I get an access error if I try to open the file using a FileStream object and then passing the FileStream object to the XmlTextReader constructor: Dim fs As FileStream = New FileStream("<file_name>", FileMode.Ope...

MS Excel 97 question
Why when opening a file is there a message that states "a document with the same name .... is already open". How do you fix/eliminate this message box? Thanks Hi one idea: Try clearing the TEMP file (close Excel prior to this). Reboot your computer and try again -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany george wrote: > Why when opening a file is there a message that states "a > document with the same name .... is already open". How do > you fix/eliminate this message box? Thanks george wrote: > Why when opening a file is there a message that states &quo...

Question: Cell formula or macro to write result of one cell to another cell
Excel-97 (SR-2) This is a long term problem that I have with Excel. I mostly write worksheet applications that have plenty of user-configurable parameters up front. This is fine for interactive work and what-if scenarios. However many of these turn into situations where I then want to scan through parameters where it would be nice to insert new values into the parameter cells under program control (either via a worksheet cell, or using a macro). There are far simpler cases over and above this that could benefit from this too. So is there an implementation of [G15] = Assign( H15, A15) ...

DST2007 patch KB926666 compatability question...
It seems that KB926666 its a cumulative patch that includes MS06-029... In MS06-029 the way the Send as permission was granted changed and I need to know if my current configuration will not work if I apply this patch. I am in the middle of a Domain migration where the Users login to the new domain and using SidHistory they access their mailboxes in the old domain. A few weeks ago I applied MS06-029 to one of my exchange servers in the old domain and noticed that some users were receiving an error stating "You do not have Send on behalf permission" when trying to send an e...

Newbie Question : How Many Tracking Logs ?
Tracking logs (*.log )are created per organizations or for every servers ? Are you talking about the log files in MDBDATA or the logs in the server.log directory? -- Mark Fugatt Microsoft Exchange MVP www.exchangetrainer.com www.msexchange.org "Mathew" <mgeorge@nomail.com> wrote in message news:%23ZBiENXyDHA.2508@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Tracking logs (*.log )are created per organizations or for every servers ? > > "Mathew" <mgeorge@nomail.com> wrote: >Tracking logs (*.log )are created per organizations or for every servers ? Per serve...

Dumb question
Anyone know the reverse VBA command to ComboBox1.DropDown. (ie to make the dropdown disappear). I tried ComboBox1.DropDown = false but that didn't work. Many thanks tp Shapes("Drop Down 1").Select Selection.Delete "teepee" wrote: > Anyone know the reverse VBA command to ComboBox1.DropDown. (ie to make the > dropdown disappear). > I tried ComboBox1.DropDown = false but that didn't work. > > Many thanks > > tp > > > "AKphidelt" <AKphidelt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:56367B43-C6BA-417...

Reference / Copy Dynamic Data
Have a worksheet listing products and prices for numerous suppliers. eg.: Supplier--Product---Price ABC-------apple-----1.00 ABC-------orange----1.20 XYZ-------brick-----3.40 XYZ-------cement----0.80 This worksheet will change often. What I would like is to reference this information on other worksheets. I would also split the info onto a worksheet for each supplier. Therefore i will have a worksheet for ABC and for XYZ, and the info in these worksheets will change as the main "index" worksheet changes. eg. Worksheet ABC contains: Product---Price apple-----1.00 orange----1.20 ...

Automatically copy input from one cell to another
After I enter a value in one cell, how can I have it automatically enter it into another cell, within the same worksheet, or into a different worksheet. Thanks, Tom picktr@wowway.co -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com If you enter the value in A1 of sheet1, put this in the other cell in sheet1: =A1 or in another worksheet: =Sheet1!A1 In article <picktr.15c6uy@excelforum-nospam.com>, picktr <<picktr.15c6uy@excelforum-nospam.com>> wrote: > After I enter a value in one cell, how can > I have it automatically enter it into another cell...

Outlook 2003 AutoArchive Delete Question
I have configured the auto archive feature for Outlook 2003 for all of my folders (Inbox, Sent, Deleted Items, etc.) so that it moves my files to my Personal Folder (.PST file) and then deletes. For all of these folders, except the "Deleted Items" folder, the auto archive works as expected by moving the files then deleting from the corresponding folder. The only way I have been able to remove old deleted items from the "Deleted Items" folder is to do so manually. Is there a way to remove old messages from the "Deleted Items" folder Auto Archive or ano...

Taskbar question.
I am using Windows XP with all updates. When I hover the cursor over the clock icon in the taskbar a little box appears with the whole date such as “Tuesday, March 2, 2010”. Recently that has stopped working in the fact that the description box still opens up but it is hidden behind the taskbar. I can just see the top edge of the box. After playing around I have found that un-checking the keep taskbar on top option, the description is now visible but, alas, the taskbar will soon get covered up and I want it always on top. Any suggestions on how to fix this? -- Thanks, Ro...

One More Public Store Question
Hello All: I want to get rid of an old public store heirarchy left over from a 5.5 migration. I need it all to go. My question is this. If I dismount and remove the public store, I will loose the Free/Busy folders for scheduling. If I mount an empty public store after the original is deleted, will these folders be recreated. Thanks "Doug" <no_email@anywhere.com> wrote: >I want to get rid of an old public store heirarchy left over from a 5.5 >migration. I need it all to go. Then delete the folders after removing all but the last replica. >My question is this. I...

calendar question
I keep an Outlook calendar with all my appointments; personal and business. My boss wants me to share my sales appointment schedule with him. Is there a way I can share a version, copy,.. of my calendar with him without the personal items on it without having to maintain two calendars? I figure because it gives you the categories tab to classify each appointment there must be an easy way to sort these out. Currently I only have a private folder set up. Thanks Doug ...

Odd Dynamic Range Question
HI, I am trying to create lookups using dynamic ranges but am having trouble doing either because of the format of my data. I have posted a copy of my data format below. I have 2 reference columns (A and B) and the data that I need to lookup is in column C. The trick is, the values in column A are not copied all the way down, they are just a header. I need to look up the Large, Mid/Small, and Cash values for each portfolio. Also, the number of rows for under each portfolio can change (see the 3rd portfolio in my dataset) Does anyone have any ideas on how to approach this? Help is mu...

Payroll Questions #2
I am setting up payroll for the first time and need some guidance. If anyone could help anwser these questions it would be greatly appreciated. 1. An employee wants to have additional federal tax withheld. GP can only accept a dollar amount but not a percent. ADP can do both. 2. the number of dependants and exemptions are different for state than for federal tax. How does GP handle this? 3. On support orders and garnishments, where do we put the address of where payment goes to? 4. Is there anywhere in GP payroll to block taxes for a week. Can see this on state but not on Federa...

Another Edit Question
I have a form where, at first glance, only 1 field in automatically editable.. What I want is a button that releases all fields to editable mode. If anyone can help I sure appreciate it. Thanks in Advance! On Wed, 19 Dec 2007 10:42:02 -0800, Chel wrote: > I have a form where, at first glance, only 1 field in automatically > editable.. What I want is a button that releases all fields to editable mode. > If anyone can help I sure appreciate it. > > Thanks in Advance! Glad to help, but first you must let us know how the form currently is not allowing the other controls t...

copy folder design
Hi! I tried to follow Outlook's help menu to copy a folder's design (view), but found that there is no command (File | Folder | Copy Folder Design) as suggested. Help anyone? K H Are you using Exchange server? That command is only there if you are. Otherwise see http://www.slipstick.com/dev/copyfolderdesign.htm -- Ken Slovak [MVP - Outlook] http://www.slovaktech.com Author: Absolute Beginners Guide to Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 Reminder Manager, Extended Reminders, Attachment Options http://www.slovaktech.com/products.htm "K H" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft....

Does CWnd::SetIcon copy an icon resource ?
Hi all! As simple and stupid as it sounds, I cannot get a clear answer to this primitive question: If in my CDialog - based classs' constructor I do as follows: HICON hIcon = LoadIcon(AfxGetResourceHandle(), MAKEINTRESOURCE(IDR_MAINFRAME)) SetIcon(m_hIcon, TRUE); // Set big icon SetIcon(m_hIcon, FALSE); // Set small icon Who is responsible for destroying this icon afterward? Do I need to destroy it manually in my class' destructor, or Windows will take care? Sometimes a very simple thing turns to be a very tricky one. Thanks, AC >As simple and stupid as it sounds, I cannot ...

Unread items in Inbox (only) very slow to open / copy
Hi, One of our users has a problem where any UNREAD item in the INBOX takes 2-4 minutes to open up, regardless of size. Once it is no longer unread, it opens in less than a second. If I right-click and "mark unread", it again takes 2+ minutes to mark it as unread, and it takes 2-4 minutes to open again. This can be repeated ad nauseum. If I move all the mail to a different folder (that itself takes ages) then, once there, the messages all open and close quickly whether read or unread. Once moved back to the inbox, the problem returns. If the Inbox is emptied, a single new mess...