Copy/Paste formulas

How do I keep certain cells (those I want to point to a specific 'constant')
from incrementing while the remaing cells in my formulas increment as
expected. Example: ((E65)*(COUNTIF(I7:I7,"V"))) where the cell "E65" contains
a set value that I want to be placed in the result as I step down the
incremental (I) rows when the character "V" is found in the particular (I)
row. When I do my copy and paste, the (E) row increments as the (I) rows
increment.
0
BobG (12)

$E$65

"BobG" wrote:

> How do I keep certain cells (those I want to point to a specific 'constant')
> from incrementing while the remaing cells in my formulas increment as
> expected. Example: ((E65)*(COUNTIF(I7:I7,"V"))) where the cell "E65" contains
> a set value that I want to be placed in the result as I step down the
> incremental (I) rows when the character "V" is found in the particular (I)
> row. When I do my copy and paste, the (E) row increments as the (I) rows
> increment.
You need to put the dollar sign ($) in front of the row and column reference
you wish to make an absolute reference.i.e. $E$65. This will not be
incremented when you copy and paste.

Jock W

"BobG" wrote:

> How do I keep certain cells (those I want to point to a specific 'constant')
> from incrementing while the remaing cells in my formulas increment as
> expected. Example: ((E65)*(COUNTIF(I7:I7,"V"))) where the cell "E65" contains
> a set value that I want to be placed in the result as I step down the
> incremental (I) rows when the character "V" is found in the particular (I)
> row. When I do my copy and paste, the (E) row increments as the (I) rows
> increment.
0
JockW (12)
2/18/2005 4:47:12 PM
Thanks to both Adam and Jock, for their timely response, it worked!

"BobG" wrote:

> How do I keep certain cells (those I want to point to a specific 'constant')
> from incrementing while the remaing cells in my formulas increment as
> expected. Example: ((E65)*(COUNTIF(I7:I7,"V"))) where the cell "E65" contains
> a set value that I want to be placed in the result as I step down the
> incremental (I) rows when the character "V" is found in the particular (I)
> row. When I do my copy and paste, the (E) row increments as the (I) rows
> increment.
0
BobG (12)

Click in cell w/ formula and get colors in referenced cells
Hi, When you click in a cell with a formula, Excel will then put color around the cells that are referenced. Somehow I turned that feature off. Now I do not get colors in th other cells. Where is that option to turn it back on???? I've looke and looked but I just can't find that option. Thanks for the help -- albea ----------------------------------------------------------------------- albean's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2875 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=48436 ...

monthly budget/check registry spreadsheet formula
I'm working on a monthly budget/check registry spreadsheet. What I want to do is have the check register link to the allowed balances in the monthly budget. I have two fields in my monthly budget for each item. A projected cost and actual cost. I want to link entries in the check registry to the actual cost of the fields in the monthly budget. I plan to use account numbers to link these fields to each other. For example . . . Say I buy groceries for $50. When I enter this into the check registry I enter all the necessary information along with an account number that links this tra...

copy attachment only into a folder
how do I copy an attachment sent to me thru email, and put the attachment in a folder to keep under my documents? Thank you In news:463577E5-3E70-4A7D-BA44-FF97E53B42D9@microsoft.com, clee <clee@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > how do I copy an attachment sent to me thru email, and put the > attachment in a folder to keep under my documents? > Thank you You can manually save an attachment to the location of your choice. If you want to do this automatically, you might check out http://www.mapilab.com/outlook/attachments_processor/ or search for 'housekeeping' ...

Help Creating A Formula #2
I need to make a formula for alook up. The first spreadsheet i inventory, the second one is pg 103 strapping. I want to enter the fee and inches for pg 103 on the inventory and have it look up the feet an inches on strapping chart and enter the appropriate gallons in column Attachment filename: p & g 101 strapping.zip Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=50210 -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Time duration formula
I would like to know the formula to work out my employees employment duration, from a given start date to the current day. many thanks Take a look at DATEDIF. Explained at http://www.cpearson.com/excel/datedif.htm -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Ska" <Ska@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B10818AE-1CAD-4CE5-BDED-BC0DDC96C876@microsoft.com... > I would like to know the formula to work out my employees employment > duration, from a given start date to the current day. > > many thanks Thanks Bob, I have us...

Excel formula help #4
Hello! Can somone help me with this formula 2004:21-0-1-1-11 in this cell i wan't to get out "21" 2005:2-0-0-0-1 in this cell i wan't to get out "2" My result from the formula is "-21" and ":2-" is there a formula that i can use on both and get the result "21" and "2"? I want to add the together at the end and get the result "23" but with : and - i only get error. -- johhny ------------------------------------------------------------------------ johhny's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?act...

CONCATENATE text to create a formula to be evaluated
Hi, I am wanting to concatenate a set of text to create a formula. I have done so below. =CONCATENATE("=MAX('",O1,"'!A3:A65536)") The result is: =MAX('2009'!A3:A65536) ....but it treats this as a text string when I try to use INDIRECT Cell O1 contains the year minus 1. In this case O1 = 2009. All of my worksheets are named as a year e.g. 2007....2008....2009...2010. I am entering this on sheet 2010. Now the real question: How do I make another cell evaluate this string as an actual formula and spit out the highest number for ...

text in formula
Help!!! Is there a way to have a formula where a cell with text is in it, but it is not included in the formula. Like I have a random cell that appears sometimes within the range but because it is text and I do not want to include it in the formula. Is there a certain "symbol" that could be used? HELP!! Hi maureen, It depends on what the actual formula is, but *some* functions ignore text entries. You could use the ISNUMBER function to include only those entries that are numbers. Post your formula for a more detailed reply. Biff >-----Original Message----- >Help...

grabbing emails and paste into dist list?
Hi there, Okay, here's the scenario in Outlook 2003. I get an email from someone who has included about 50 important people in the cc field. I'd like to take all those email addresses and dump them into a distribution list in one fell swoop. So far, I hit "reply to all" and selected all of those cc email addresses, but I can not paste into a distribution list. How can I do this? Thanks, Gordon ...

need formula help
I'm trying to have a formula do 3 scenerios in one cell and have a partial formula working: IF(AND(G39>30, G39<=7),3000) which equates to if cell G39 is greater than 0 and less than or equal to 7 use 3000. I would like to continue the formula that if G39 is greater than 7 and less than 14 use 5000 and if G39 is greater than 14 use 7500. How can I do this? Hi, =IF(AND(G39>0, G39<=7),3000,IF(AND(G39>7, G39<=14),5000,if(G39>14,7500))) "tom" wrote: > I'm trying to have a formula do 3 scenerios in one cell and have a partial > form...

Copying formulas to another worksheet
Can anyone please help me, I am trying to copy a formula =(sump1:p3) from one worksheet into a new worksheet. When I go to paste the formula the only thing that comes up is =SUM(#REF!). Can I even copy and paste a formula from one worksheet into a new worksheet? and if so how? Thanks When you paste a formula it relatively changes the cell references to suit where you have pasted it to. EG. If you pasted =sum(P1:P3) from cell P4 to cell B4 it would change to =sum(B1:B3). However, if you pasted it to cell B2 it could not reasonably change the references. If you are pasting because you...

Configuring NDR copies to Public Folder
Hi Using Exchange Server 2003. I created a 'postmaster' mailbox that receives NDRs and then set it so that it forwards it to another address which is a mail enabled public folder. I get this error in the event viewer. Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeIS Public Store Event Category: Transport Delivering Event ID: 2028 Date: 08/07/04 Time: 2:36:56 PM User: N/A Computer: APOLLO Description: The delivery of a message sent by public folder NDR NOTIFICATIONS227406224D7E7D4E26D0C5A3D1DD7EA40A5CCA has failed. To: 'notavaliduser@ebop.govt.nz' Cc: The non-delivery repo...

Formula Help #66
I need help with a formula. I can't figure out how to calculate for missing number. '05 we sold x units, I know we had a X% increase over '04 so what wa the '04 sales? Column A = '05 Columb B = '04 Column C = % increas -- bab ----------------------------------------------------------------------- babz's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2781 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=49307 '04 sales = '05 sales / 1.X% increase Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "babz" wrote: >...

Matching and Copying entries
I have two worksheets, on sheet1 there are 4 columns, columnA is the customers account number. On sheet2 I have 5 columns and again columnA is the customers account number. I want to keep all records from sheet1, but I want to add two extra columns of data that is currently held on sheet2. So I think I need to compare the customers account numbers between sheet1 and sheet2 and where they match copy over columns C and E from sheet2 to two new colmns on sheet1. What would be the best eay to approach this problem. (I have approx 20,000 rows on sheet1 and nearly 50,000 on sheet2.) You say tha...

Amount in Words Complete Right Formula
give me complete formula See http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0004.html -- HTH Bob Phillips (replace xxxx in the email address with gmail if mailing direct) "Naveed" <Naveed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:29B7C0D6-1DED-4321-B1EB-CA6DDCE73852@microsoft.com... > give me complete formula > ...

Creating Formula with Embedded Variable ID
I need to create a single formula for my workbook that references cells from various tabs (over 20) in another workbook. I want to copy this formula into multiple tabs within my workbook. My workbook and the external workbook have the same number of and identically named tabs. I want to embed a variable into the formula that will take on the name of the tab that the formula is copied to. I imagine the formula would look something like this: ='K:\Sales Reports\[Ohio Team, Mar-21-2004.xls]variable_identifying_the_tab_goes_here'!D1 I know I can use the following formula to derive th...

How to reference workbook name in hyperlink formula?
In order to simplify the maintenance of workbook formulas I need to reference workbook name in hyperlink formula =[myWorkbok.xls]mySheet!$E4 in this way =[A1]mySheet!$E4 given the file name stored in cell A1 Cell A1 : myWorkbook How do I write the formula to make it work? Will it work even if the referenced workbook is closed? Regards Frank Krogh The function you'd want to use is =indirect(). But =indirect() won't work if the sending file is closed. Laurent Longre has an addin (morefunc.xll) at: http://xcell05.free.fr/ or http://xcell05.free.fr/morefunc/english/index.htm ...

Formula to reference another worksheet, locate data, then record i
Hi All, It has been over 10 years since I did my Excel studies and I've unfortunately forgotten everything I haven't used regularly. My office has recently upgraded to Office 2007 (upgrade not being the descriptor I'd have chosen!) and I'm struggling with Excel. I've found my way around most issues, but I'm REALLY stuck now and suffering Friday-itis on top of it all! Essentially I have a multi-sheet workbook for my debtors ledger. Each page has separate columns for the customer numbers, names, total debts in each age range (7 days, 14 days etc), totals and lastl...

how to change font on printed copy of outlook calendar week view
When I print out my calendar by the week the font is too small. I can't find how to increase the size of the font so it PRINTS larger. I could change it on the view of the calendar but it doesn't change on the print preview. Randi Steiger;110316 Wrote: > When I print out my calendar by the week the font is too small. I can't > find > how to increase the size of the font so it PRINTS larger. I could > change it > on the view of the calendar but it doesn't change on the print preview. Which version of Outlook? Did you check the page setup options w...

extracting numbers from a text field and applying formula
here's my question... i have a cell that has a text field of this type: '9-19' (a-b) I want to create a formula that will subtract 19-9 (b-a) and return the result as a number// can anyone help?! is this even doable? I'd really appreciate it! PS also, i'm very fairly new at excel so a detailed response with th formula would really help! ALe ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com Try: =MID(A1,FIND("-",A1)+1,99)-LEFT(A1,FIND("...

Formula Not Working Properly
I have the formula below and have tried copying it down column in macro. It will calculate the first cell "Q2" properly, but copies the same calculation from Q2 to all other cells. If I click in the formula and then the check mark to the left of formula, it calculates properly in the cell. How can I make it calculate properly from the macro? Also the range will change with each import to the worksheet the macro is applied to. How can I write the macro to apply to all cells in column Q where there is data in other columns in formula? Range("Q2").Sel...

What is the best way to Write this Formula
THank you to all that have helped and to who will help, i greatly appreciate it. Here is my question. I have four columns of data:b is OPEN, C is HIGH, D is LOW and D is CLOSE. I then wrote an =if(and)) statement with about six logical steps to come up with the words "BUY" and "SELL" in columns f and g respectfully. Then in column H I wrote a buy stop formula which is =if(f2="BUY",e2-6.00,""). Worked great got my new number now what I need to write is and this is the hard part IF at any time that the LOW(column d) from that period on until th...

formula for visible cells
Can I copy a worksheet so that the new worksheet looks exactly like the visible portion of the old worksheet. For example, if I filter and sort, I only want what is left visible to appear in my new worksheet, and I want it to do it automatically without my having to copy and paste. Automatic means VBA code. See Ron de Bruin's site for copying filtered results. http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy5.htm Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 4 May 2010 11:32:01 -0700, jpstormy <jpstormy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Can I copy a worksheet so that the new workshee...

How do I copy the wording of a cell into a tab?
I have a large workbook with the tab titles available to copy to save typing every single one, is it possible to populate the tabs by a form of copy-paste You want your sheet tab name to reflect the value of a particular cell within that sheet? You want to copy a sheet and rename the copy to the value of a cell within that sheet? Please explain in more detail. The lack of sentence structure makes it difficult to get a clear picture. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sun, 24 Jan 2010 11:18:01 -0800, Jamie <Jamie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a large wo...

Conditional formatting formula with multiple criteria
Hi all, Have been puzzling over this for a while now, and can't get it right! Using conditional formatting, I want to: If any of the cells in Column B are blank, and the cells in Column C are blank, and the date in Column D is less than todays date - 3 days, turn the cell bold and red Can someone please help? I have tried all different variations and just can't get it! Thanks, Kirstie Kirstie Your questions sound like you wish to pick up whether there is a blank ANYWHERE in column B AND (not or) ALL cells in column C are blank AND that the date in a single cell in colum...