Copy function.

Hi,
Not sure anyone has encountered this before, but I just started to have this
problem recently. This are the steps:

1) Launch EXCEL.
2) Type in cell A1 something eg. ABC
3) Select A1, Ctrl-C to copy.
4) Press down arrow key to A2,or any destination cell.
The cursor did not move downwards. I have to use the mouse to click on the
destination cell and Ctrl-C.
This will only happen on the first Ctrl-C action on each lanuch. After the
first action, the subsequet Crtl-C and arrow key will work.

However if step 3) is replaced by right click on the mouse or by menu, the
arrow key will move.

Has anyone experience this? Though this is a small matter, but very annoying
and it never happen before.
Regards,

Hello YY san,

I can't reproduce that behaviour. Do you have any macros that are run
when Excel is launched? Personal.xls, Add-ins, files in the Startup
folder? Any of these could contain macros that mess with the shortcut
settings or override the Ctrl-C default shortcut.

cheers, teylyn

--
teylyn

Teylyn  --  'teylyn.posterous.com' (http://teylyn.posterous.com)
teylyn's Profile: 983
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/showthread.php?t=194672

http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz

0
teylyn

Copy my contacts to disc on a disc in Outlook 2003
I want to copy my e-mail contacts to a disc. I have Outlook 2003. I found out a way to copy to a xls file,but it comes out with too many columns. I would rather just copy it the way it is my contact folder, alphabetically or the way it is in my address book. Your Contacts are not separate from the rest of your Outlook data, so you would copy your entire data file. The file you need is your Personal Folders file (*.pst) It's where all the mail, calendar, contacts etc are stored. Take a look at these pages for info on Outlook data backup or transfer: http://www.slipstick.com...

Excel 2007
I am using Office 2007 Beta 2 version and I am having problems with Excel. I am unable to copy a sheet with a chart in it. Below is the procedure: 1. Create new book 2. right-click sheet 1 tab 3. Insert , then insert a chart 4. right-click chart 1 tab 5. choose move or copy... 6. copy chart 1 to the end of this work book. I cannot create a copy of the chart. Is this considered a bug in Excel 2007? If it is, do you know any links to sites that I may use as references? Thank you! Lots of bugs in Beta 2 especially with charts, I'm told If its any consolation, I cannot copy a chart ...

copying to another spreadsheet
I have a table in spreadsheet x of 10 columns and 1000 rows. Afte sorting by the entries in column a, I would like to copy row entrie with the same column a entry to a specific location in spreadsheet Y. E.g., the rows that have "oranges" in column a in spreadsheet x woul be copied to a specific location in spreadsheet Y, under a heading o "oranges". In the same vein, column a entries in spreadsheet x o "pears" would be copied to spreadsheet y under the heading of "pears". And so on. Is there any way to automate the copying of rows fro spreadsheet x ...

How do I exlude hidden cells when copying data
I have a spreadsheet with some hidden columns. I want to copy and paste only the columns that I can see. How do I achieve this. Bully, First select your range. Edit - Go to - Special - Visible Cells only. Now copy and paste. -- Earl Kiosterud "Bully Ram" <Bully Ram@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:493C4EF2-4A7A-41F3-91EE-D49EE9D17FB8@microsoft.com... >I have a spreadsheet with some hidden columns. I want to copy and paste >only > the columns that I can see. How do I achieve this. ...

Time functions #2
Hi, I have to do some time calculations and I have a formula that outputs in minutes and I have to subtract a standard time to this number of minutes. For example, I have 8:00 AM in one cell and 20.68 minutes on an other cell. The output that I am expecting is 7:39 AM. Does anybody know how to bring an output like that by subtracting the minutes? Please help. Thanks With 8:00 AM in A1 and 20.68 in B1, use this formula =A1-B1/(24*60) Why does it work? Because Excel stores time as a fraction of a day. We convert minutes to days by dividing by 24*60 (24 hr/day and 60 min/hr) You could just u...

Copying dates between Excel documents
I have noticed that when I copy a date eg/ 23/02/04 (UK format) from on Excel document to another the date becomes 22/02/00. Has anyone comes across this, its really infuriating as I have t redate everything again Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com XL has two date systems, the Windows default 1900 date system, in which the 0-base date is 31 December 1899, and the MacXL default 1904 date system, in which the 0-base date is 1 January 1904. The systems differ by 4 years and a day. To resolve your issue, make sure that both workbooks have the same date system selected...

How to copy block of cells and keep grouping?
I have about a 150 by 30 block of cells. About every 5 cells are grouped together, making it significantly smaller. when you click the "-" to have them contract. I will take me days to go through and make all the groups again if I want to make the same block on the same worksheet. Is there a way to copy a block of cells and include the grouping? Thanks -- dstock ------------------------------------------------------------------------ dstock's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24225 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthre...

Adding functionality to MS Outlook Express
Hi, I am looking for help to integrate anti-spam open source programs with MS Outlook Express :- - SpamPal - http://www.spampal.org/ - Spamato - http://www.spamato.net/ The problem is to provide a library that will facilitate this. I have read the MSDN Messaging and Collaboration documentation which gives the ability to get notifications of new messages and to access message folders :- http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-gb/library/ms709546.aspx The next need is to add a toolbar (with buttons for SPAM/NOSPAM) and to detect what messages are selected in the message window. The MSOE...

Inserted rows, now need Counta function
Hi I've got a data dump. I've figured out how to insert a blank row after a change in name in column A and insert "Total" - so... bill.... bill.... bill Total - bob.... bob.... bob.... bob Total - What I need in column C next to total is to insert the COUNTA function for each person. Any ideas? cheers You say your code inserts a blank row after a change in name and inserts "Total", but your example doesn't show this. Can you post the code you are using to do your "insert"? It will probably be easier to handle the ...

If Function Possibilities
Is there a way to set up in a cell A1, something like... If the formula used in cell B1 is "here I would type the actual formula in," then display the words "works," else display "mistake" ? -- rheller ------------------------------------------------------------------------ rheller's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24081 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=377045 That's a pretty cryptic post. Do you mean: In A1: =IF(B1=n,"Works","Mistake") where 'n...

copy and paste
I have to copy and paste a bunch of stuff from my Excel spreadsheet to my Word....but I can't copy several lines without copying the grids too, or at least the words will be out of sequence....(I just want all the words, not the table setup) does anyone know how to fix this? help will be greatly appreciated, since this could help me save so much time. plz email me with replies thanks! --linda Copy the data in Excel, and paste it into Word In Word, select the table that contains the data Choose Table>Convert>Table to Text Select one of the separation options, click OK Linda w...

copy data from one worksheet to identical sheet in different workbook
I want to essentially sync the data between 2 identical worksheets in different workbooks. Essentially, I want to import and replace data in the second sheet with data from the first, is there a simple way to do this without deleting the worksheet and then copying the new sheet into the workbook? Thanks You can right-click on your source-sheetname tab, the shortmenu will reflect Copy/MoveSheet.... Select it and make 2 other choices: 1) Check to Create Copy box at bottom 2) From dropdown box at top of screen select an existing open workbook or select new-workbook. OK HTH "a...

Writing Access functions
I am an old FoxPro programmer (but have been out of programming for many years) and I have been through the Access basics that I have been able to find on line. So I can create tables, forms enter data the basics. I am learning VBA no problem there. Now I want to write some functions. I would like to write one function that is passed an ID and returns the last name of the person having that ID. I would like to write this function in two ways: 1. Connect to a table in my DB find the ID and return the name 2. Have the function perform a query that returns a record set from which t...

2003: Copy R-Click Option Missing!
In outlook 2003 when i right-click on an email message, only the move command/option is there (amongst others), but the copy command is missing? the only way I can copy is to drag the message to a folder with the right mouse button depressed and then the copy option shows up. Why is the copy option missing when I right click on an email message? thank you ...

Function Keys in Excel
Can someone please tell me what the F2 key does in Excel 2000? I have a column of data which has been copied from Access 2000 into an Excel 2000 sheet. It is numeric data and when I use the "Countif" function on this data, it doesn't calculate. However, if I press the "F2" function key in any of the cells, something happens to the data so that the "countif" function recoginises it. Can anyone explain what is happening here? Thank you. -- LPS F2 allows you to edit directly in the cell, do you have calculations set to automatic under tools>calcul...

copy record between tables
Hi, I have two tables with same structure. I need to copy a record from oneto other using vba codes. I'd like avoid to copy field to field.Thank you. Without knowing anything about your table structures, something similar to the following:Dim strSQL As StringstrSQL = "INSERT INTO tblCopy SELECT tblOriginal.* " _ & "FROM tblOriginal WHERE tblOriginal.KeyValue = 4"CurrentProject.Connection.Execute strSQL"Alberto" <saveas[at]iol.it> wrote in message news:uk2oUMBYHHA.3656@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...> Hi,> I have two tables with same structure....

Excel macro for copying range to another worksheet
On a monthly basis, I would like to copy the completed range (varies from month to month) of a database (Sheet1) to a master list (Sheet3). Once the data has been copied I intend to manually delete the entries of Sheet1 and start anew for the new month =96 for eventual transfer to Sheet3. The idea is to copy each month=92s data at the bottom of the previous months=92 (Sheet3). I followed Excel=92s record macro command but the macro I ended up with is not capable of placing the new data at the bottom of the existing one; it simply keeps overwriting the previous entry. Unfortunately, I don=92t...

reading file name from folder function
I am using Access 97. Just wonder if there is a fuction which can read all the file name from a folder and put it to a column in a table. Please let me know. Thanks. Hi. >I am using Access 97. Just wonder if there is a fuction which can read all >the file name from a folder and put it to a column in a table. Please see the getFileInfo( ) function in the tip, "How to compare the contents of two directories," on the following Web page for an example: http://www.access.qbuilt.com/html/vba1.html HTH. Gunny See http://www.QBuilt.com for all your database needs. See http...

Software Licensing and Copy Protection
Hi, I am a CrypKey Programmer, knowledgeable in implemting software copy protection and software licensing solutions. If you are looking for such a solution, then drop me an email. Regards, David crypkeyprogrammer@yahoo.com Could you please tell me some good web resource for learning this. Manish "CrypKey Programmer" <CrypKeyProgrammer@Yahoo.com> wrote in message news:jAXEc.961632$oR5.129388@pd7tw3no... > Hi, > > I am a CrypKey Programmer, knowledgeable in implemting software copy > protection and software licensing solutions. > If you are looking for suc...

faq: type of CArray as function parameter create errors
Hi, class CMyPoint { public: long x; long y; CArray<int,int&> m_intSegmentNo; CMyPoint(); virtual ~CMyPoint(); CMyPoint(const long &xx, const long &yy); CMyPoint(const CMyPoint &cmpt); CMyPoint(const CPoint &cpt); CMyPoint& operator = (const CMyPoint &assmypt); CMyPoint& operator = (const CPoint &asspt); bool operator == (const CMyPoint &rmypt);//const CMyPoint &lmypt, bool operator != (const CMyPoint &rmypt);//const CMyPoint &lmypt, }; .... class CSegment { public: CList<CMyPoint,CMyPoint&> m_PointList; CSeg...

Report Writer Functions #2
Where can I find instructions and examples on the various report writer functions? I've installed the SDK but I don't see anything there. The Report Writer On-line manual (Help - Printable Manuals - Reporting - Report Writer) has a fairly good description of the functions in Chapter 6. Do you look there or is there a specific function that you did not find there for which you are searching? "Elaine" wrote: > Where can I find instructions and examples on the various report writer > functions? I've installed the SDK but I don't see anything there. Hi El...

Can Pivot Table layout be copied???
A few weeks ago, I ended up with the perfect Pivot Table layout by dragging fields around -- I just don't remember how I got there! I have attempted to create a similar table (with new data) but, even though the field layout buttons are in the exact same locations, the table looks different. I'm trying to get "Sum of 2004", "Sum of 2005," etc. as column headings across the top instead of having all years one below the other. Is there any way to copy the layout from the "perfect" table to the new one? I answered my own question, with help from De...

Help with copying formula
Hi I run Excel 2K I have typed the following formulas in three consecutive cells. =SUM('DRO BY SHIFT'!Z10:Z12)+BP10 =SUM('DRO BY SHIFT'!Z13:Z15)+BP11 =SUM('DRO BY SHIFT'!Z16:Z18)+BP12 You will note that the Z colum ranges take in 3 cells each time. The problem is that when I drag or copy these formulas down the column I dont get the reltive ranges that I need. That is the next one down should read =SUM('DRO BY SHIFT'!Z19:Z21)+BP13 However I get =SUM('DRO BY SHIFT'!Z17:Z19)+BP13 How can I write the formula so that when I drag it down it maintai...

Hashes appear in cell when copying from another
Hi, I have imported some .txt data into a Excel 2003 spreadsheet. In some instances, I have had to copy the data from one cell below another such that the text makes sense. However, in some instances when I do so, the cell that is being copied to gets filled completely with the hash symbol (#). Initially, I thought that the problem was only due to cell column width but when I expand the width the problem still persists. Doe anyone have any ideas? Instead of copying part of the data to the cell below, try to wrap the txt in one cell. Select the cells, Press Ctrl + 1 Select tab &q...

What files to copy
Hi all, I having some problems with my PC. (some type of virus I suspect). So I want to copy my Money files to a another HDD before I fdisk my boot drive. My backup copy is old. What files do I need to copy and where would I find them. I would go to the Microsoft FAQ's but no apps will actually start on the PC and I don't have web access here at work. Thanks. Hi Mr. InOnly Do a search for *.mny, and that should find all your money files and then you can select the ones you want. Bob "Mr. 1nOnly" <mr_1nonlyNO_SPAM@hotmail.com.remove> wrote in message news:_ixlb.3...