Copy formulas in Column

Hi,

I have to copy numbers from cell a1, b1,c1...........z1 to a20,a21,a22,a23...
so. for e.g--

a1 = 21
b1 = 23
c1 = 24
etc
z1 = 40

i need to copy as follows:-
a20 = a1
a21 = b1
a22 = c1

Is there an easy way to copy the numbers instead of typing one by one ....
I have many records to copy.....

Thanks for your kind help :)
Meeru

--Select the range A1:Z1 and copy
--Select cell A20. Right click>PasteSpecial>check 'Transpose' and click OK

--
Jacob

"Meeru" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have to copy numbers from cell a1, b1,c1...........z1 to a20,a21,a22,a23...
> so. for e.g--
>
> a1 = 21
> b1 = 23
> c1 = 24
> etc
> z1 = 40
>
> i need to copy as follows:-
> a20 = a1
> a21 = b1
> a22 = c1
>
> Is there an easy way to copy the numbers instead of typing one by one ....
> I have many records to copy.....
>
> Thanks for your kind help :)
> Meeru

in VBA Sheets("mysheet").Copy Before:=Sheets(1) how do i get a reference to the newly created copy of this sheet?
in VBA Sheets("mysheet").Copy Before:=Sheets(1) how do i get a reference to the newly created copy of this sheet? Hi Daniel, Try something like: Dim WB As Workbook Dim WS As Worksheet Set WB = ActiveWorkbook With WB .Sheets("Mysheet").Copy Before:=.Sheets(1) End With Set WS = ActiveSheet --- Regards, Norman "Daniel" <softwareengineer98037@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:OdVZVvmgFHA.3088@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > in VBA Sheets("mysheet").Copy Before:=Sheets(1) how do i get a reference > to > th...

Matching data in columns
I hope somebody can help me. I have a list in column C of 13000 names with a reference number against each of them in column D. The reference numbers are between 1 and 760 and each of the 13,000 names in column C has one of the 760 numbers against it in column D. In column F, I have the list of 760 numbers with text for each of these numbers in column G. I need to correctly insert the text for all these 760 names against my main list of 13,000 names. To try to explain it I want to: If number in any cell in column D equals the same number in any cell column F, then paste the text in...

How do add columns showing dob and years to work to give a retire.
I have a column showing date of birth and a column showing at what age they retire, 50, 55, 60. How do I add up the two to get a retirement date? Many thanks Claire Hi something like =DATE(YEAR(A1)+50,MONTH(A1),DAY(A1)) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Claire Le Monnier" <ClaireLeMonnier@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:8F892F61-F652-4177-A0C0-F25899C11CFA@microsoft.com... > I have a column showing date of birth and a column showing at what age they > retire, 50, 55, 60. How do I add up the two to get a retirement date? > Many than...

Locking and Hiding Columns
I have a spreadsheet that I need to share without the user being able to unhide certain columns yet still have the ability to enter data in the other fields. Any suggestions? Thanks -- JerryS Have you tried Locking all the the cells except those cells you want to allow user input, then hide the columns and protect the sheet with a password? Rob "JerryS" <JerryS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:70FA2D38-3FBB-4B39-BF30-CC294BF05B29@microsoft.com... >I have a spreadsheet that I need to share without the user being able to > unhide certain columns yet ...

Copying number to clipboard, subtracting 398 then pasting the value to overwrite the original
Hi. I am very new to this. I'd be really grateful if someone could help/guide me. I want to create a macro in Microsoft Word but I don't know visual basic. I want to be able to highlight a number then: - copy it to the clipboard - subtract 298 - paste the value to the Word document, overwriting the original text Hi John, There is no need to involve the clipboard if you are only changing the selected number. The following macro subtracts 298 from the selected number. Sub Subtract298() If IsNumeric(Selection.Text) Then Selection.Text = Val(Selecti...

check boxes
I would like to copy (hundreds) of check boxes in a spreadsheet. The checkbox must be assigned to a cell to work in a formula. When I copy the checkbox down however, all check boxes will either be checked, or unchecked. Is there a way to copy check boxes, when they are assigned to another cell, so that each check box can be used individually? I created the check boxes through the forms toolbar. Thanks for your help, this is a great forum and I only hope to give some day as much help as I am currently receiving! Hey, Mark- Things got busy yesterday, and I missed your post. You can t...

IF FORMULA 04-06-10
Hi: I am trying to write an if formula that if B2 is equal to a specific date in a range of dates then it is the end of a pay period, if B2 is equal to a date in a second range of dates then it state pay day. I have set up two tables with dates. One has pay period ending dates and the other table has pay day dates. I keep getting a Value error. Please help. -- Donna =IF(COUNTIF(A1:A10,B2),"end of pay period",IF(COUNTIF(C1:C10,B2),"pay day","")) Change ranges to suit. -- Regards Dave Hawley www.ozgrid.com "Donna" ...

IF formula to round up values depending upon their outcome
I am using an IF formula to calculate between two cells, one is J (width) the other is K (length). Currently these formulas give an answer that then has to be rounded up based on the decimal place. I need the formula to also round up the amount to quarter increments. For example if the answer is 1.17 then the formula needs to make it 1.25, if it is 1.33 then the formula needs to make it 1.5, and finally if it is 1.63 then the formula needs to make it 1.75. So how do I add or make the formula round up to quarter increments? The formula that I am using is: =IF(J41<=3,K41/4,IF(J4...

"De-name" cell references in formulas
Hello, I'm working in Excel 2003 SP2, and I'm trying to replace all references to named ranges used within my formulas within a workbook with the underlying absolute cell references. I found a solution in the archives of this newsgroup ( http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.excel/browse_frm/thread/4ebb9d1ee0076045/a0d6406155d03ccc#a0d6406155d03ccc ) , but I can't get it to work (neither the manual version nor the macro version). My only guess is that the behavior has of TransitionFormEntry has changed in Excel 2003. If so, is anyone aware of any other solutions. I found...

Formatting lost when copied by formula!
Hi, I'm having a problem retaining format in a target cell where a formul "copies" the contents from another cell. Here's an example tha describes the problem in detail: Say I have the following text in cell A1: "Some text." Say, also, tha the word "text" is bolded. In cell B2 I have a formula, =A1, tha "copies" the content of cell A1. I can see the content of cell A1 i B2, but without the bold (or any other formatting, including backgroun color, etc.). My question, of course, is how do I retain the original formatting? Thank you -- Message ...

Copying Info Into Numerous Cells
I have just completed creating and entering data into thousands of worksheets. Now someone has decided they want to change and add columns to my worksheets. Is there any way to have data copied from 1 cell to another in several worksheets at a time, even if the data is different? If there isn't...I'm going to have a melt-down right here at work! :eek: -- calimari ------------------------------------------------------------------------ calimari's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24537 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthr...

calculation formulas
Since today I am facing some peculiar change in my excel files. When I drag a formula from one cell to another cell, result of the first cell itself are reflected in the subsequent cells. Then I have to press F9 key so that all cells give proper calculation of the formulas. E.g Product Price Qty Value A 2 10 20 B 5 15 20 C 10 20 20 D 4 2 20 E 6 5 20 I did the above table in exel. Cell D2 was the result of multiplication of B2 & C2. Thats is correct. The I dragged the formula from D2 to D6. However in this res...

Auto-adjust column width
Hi all Is there a way to set a column width so that it auto-adjusts to the widest entry in the column? And what about the widest numerical entry, excluding word-wrapped cells containing text? I realise that I can double-click on the edge of the column header to achieve most of the desired result passively, but this does not work if the worksheet is protected. Thanks -- Return email address is not as DEEP as it appears Hi depending on your Excel version you can allow formating columns in the protection dialog. (I think starting with Excel 2002). In all other cases no chance but to remo...

Formula #23
I have some data in column A : 100, 102, 105, 110 I have data in cell B1 : 103 I want to check whether value 103 comes in range 100, 102, 105, 110. Here in the given case it has come as value 105 appears which include 103. I need a formula to check when value 103 arrives or arrived in tha range. in given case it arrived at 105. Please help me. Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi not quite sure but maybe =IF(AND(B1>=MIN(A1:A10),B1<=MAX(A1:A10)),"within range","out of range") -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > I have some d...

Can I use a worksheet name in a formula?
I'm using Office 2007 I have a workbook with 20+ pages. On one of them I want to use a formula that refers to a worksheet name, but in different cells I want it to refer to different worksheets. I have a cell that currently has a name typed into it that matches a worksheet name. Can I refer to the contents of that cell (INDIRECT) and use the content to refer to the correct worksheet and then go to that worksheet for the data? eg. Sheet called Christmas. In cell H2 value = Pudding on another sheet cell B2 value = Christmas. I want the formula in cell J12 to go to Sheet C...

GUID Columns in SQL 2005
Are there additional things you need to do when backing up and/or restoring databases which have tables containing guid/uniqueidentifier columns? Thanks in advance Please, ignore this question. "RG" wrote: > Are there additional things you need to do when backing up and/or restoring > databases which have tables containing guid/uniqueidentifier columns? > > Thanks in advance ...

Change Columns to Letters
I want to run a CountIf statement E.g =COUNTIF(A1:A100,"General queries") However, on the columns there are no letters, only numbers. So both the rows and the colums have letters. Does anyone know how i can change the columns from numbers to letters. Thanks for helping Dave -- David494 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ David494's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24482 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=391226 If anyone still knows how to do this then can you...

inserting more than one column
What would the VBA code be to insert 6 columns to the left of Col A? I recorded a macro but I know there has to be a quick line of code that will do the same things rather than 10 lines of code from the macro recorder. Thank you. Hi Columns("A:F").Insert Shift:=xlToRight -- Regards Roger Govier "SITCFanTN" <SITCFanTN@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BD9FA6CB-C861-4BCB-93C9-E98232636594@microsoft.com... > What would the VBA code be to insert 6 columns to the left of Col A? I > recorded a macro but I know there has to be...

Using an equation to count non-duplicated items in column
I have a list of trailers in a sheet that are designated as T-####. Is there a way to count the number of non-duplicated entries in this column by using a formula? Thanks for any assistance, Please respond to hers2keep @ yahoo . com. Thanks, carla carla Try Chip Pearson's site........ http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm#CountingUnique BTW. The customary response is to the News Group, not email. That way we all learn. Gord Dibben Excel MVP XL2002 On 28 Aug 2003 14:30:58 -0700, cbr@saturnsea.com (carla) wrote: >I have a list of trailers in a sheet that are designated as...

Switching rows and columns
I am quite sure, in a long forgotten history, Lotus 1-2-3 had an option allowing one to switch column contents to rows and vice versa. I must be looking for the wrong keywords in help and google, can someone tell me how to swap rows and columns in excel? Alternatively, same question for OpenOffice Calc, which I also work with... THANKS! Sh. I don't use OO. But in Excel, you can select your range to transpose. then Edit|Copy Then select the top left cell of the new range edit|Paste special|check Transpose and then ok. You'll have to make sure that there is no overlap between the two...

Can the preset numbers in the column be changed?
I am trying to do a sign in sheet and would like horizontally at the top name, address etc, and name is in A1, address is in B1 etc. for example. Is there a way to make it so the numbering will reflect how many people sign in without adding a column with numbering? Thanks in advance. Teresa "=?Utf-8?B?c2hld2FoeWE=?=" <shewahya@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:177A3969-6C4A-4633-BA49-32449EBBCABE@microsoft.com: > I am trying to do a sign in sheet and would like horizontally at the > top name, address etc, and name is in A1, address is in B1 etc. for >...

Total a column from sheet 2 based on value in sheet 1
Col B Col C Col F Mary Team 1 $331.00 George Team 1 $222.00 Sam Team 2 $186.00 Tom Team 2 $100.00 Above is an example of my data on Sheet 2. On Sheet 1, I want to total all the total funds raised per Team shown on Sheet 2. I am trying to create a summary of what each team raised. I tried using the formula: =SUM(('sheet 2'!F2:F482=Sheet1!B2)) and I get just a dash in my total col. Can anyone provide some help? Thanks Look in HELP for the SUMIF() function -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Nee...

copy protection
Hi I'd like to find out if this is possible in Excel. When creating an Adobe Acrobat file, the security options can be set so that no content copying or extraction allowed. Meaning, you cannot highlight text and right-click to copy, etc. Can this be done in Excel (or in Word for that matter) ? Steve Steve, Not in any way that will ultimately prevent a determined user. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "Steve" <none@none.com> wrote in message news:#MYsaCmAEHA.916@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hi > > I'd like to find out if this is possible in Excel. > > When...

Reseting the last row/column
Hello all, I have a spreadsheet of data, lets say 35,000 rows long. So when I do a [Ctrl] + [End], it goes to the cell at row 35,000 (and the last column of the data). Now lets say that I run a macro that deletes 5,000 rows. So now the last row is 30,000. But if I do a [Ctrl] + [End] again, it still goes to row 35,000. Is there any way to reset the spread sheet so it knows that the last row/column of data has changed since row/column deletions? Thanks for any help anyone can provide, Conan Kelly Here is an article from Msft on the topic: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=2444...

Formula to calculate and add tax
I am creating a simple (I thought) pricing guide and I am running int the circular reference problem. Here's what I want to do. I want t enter a price in a cell and have the tax automatically calculated an the total price returned to the cell. I know I can create an entirel new set of cells just to contain the price and the tax rate then hav that result displayed in the desired cell. But, I wondered if it i possible to enter the price directly into the cell. For example: In A1 A2 A3 I want to be able to enter the price before tax an then have the tax calculated and the total displa...