copy date in a cell if within a date range

Column M is a listing of percentages

Column A is various dates, anywhere from Jan 1, 1998 to the present.

I need to copy the contents of let's say M3 into cell T3 is the date in cell
A3 is any date in the year 2010. If the date is in another year, leave cell
T3 blank

Thanks

"carrerapaolo" wrote:

> Column M is a listing of percentages
>
> Column A is various dates, anywhere from Jan 1, 1998 to the present.
>
> I need to copy the contents of let's say M3 into cell T3 is the date in cell
> A3 is any date in the year 2010. If the date is in another year, leave cell
> T3 blank
>
> Thanks

=IF(YEAR(A3)=2010,M3,"") is the formula to use in T3
--
David Biddulph

"carrerapaolo" <carrerapaolo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Column M is a listing of percentages
>
> Column A is various dates, anywhere from Jan 1, 1998 to the present.
>
> I need to copy the contents of let's say M3 into cell T3 is the date in
> cell
> A3 is any date in the year 2010. If the date is in another year, leave
> cell
> T3 blank
>
> Thanks

0
David

Wrapping text in a cell
In a single cell, suppose I want text to appear on two lines. Viz: Case One Case Two How do I do that so that I specify the wrap point? Thanks! If you are typing the data into the cell use Alt-Enter between each string to indicate where you want a line break to occur. Case One<Alt-Enter>Case Two Alt + Enter -- Lilliabeth ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Lilliabeth's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27741 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=476428 If you...

Locking Formulas to Cells
I don't know if I am using the correct terminology but this is what want to do: I have placed formulas in multiple columns that calculat my sales numbers for a bid. The problem I am running into is that change the bids for every person and when I clear a cell is clears th formula from it as well. Is there a way for me to clear cells withou deleting the formula I have placed inside it? I know that I can jus grab the first cell in the column and drag it down to re-load th formula in that column but I don't want to have to do that. I want th formulas permenant and the data I enter...

How do I add a hyperlink to an individual word in an Excel cell?
I am using Excel 2000 (not by choice) and I need to add a hyperlink to an individual word within the cell, not the whole cell itself. For example in the sentence "Click here or here to go to the appropriate web page." I want the words "here" to each have a separate hyperlink. Any ideas? I can manage some VBA too if necessary. Thanks, Rosalie Hi Rosalie, You can't do that in Excel. You would have to use HTML or Word or some other means. You could fake it, the entire cell would be a link, but you could after assigning the hyperlink select another...

how can I drag formulas with other cell references
example cell A1 contains formula "=stdev(a2:a7) cell a2 contains formula "=stdev(a8:a13) Is it possible to drag the formula down so that cell a3 contains "=stdev(a14:19) and cell a4 contains "=stdev(a20:a25) and so on for cells a5, a6, a7 etc. etc. Hi Bram, See http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/snakecol.htm#snkAddr B1: =stdev(OFFSET($A$1,6*ROW()-5,0):OFFSET($A$1,6*ROW(),0)) B2: =stdev(OFFSET($A$1,6*ROW()-5,0):OFFSET($A$1,6*ROW(),0)) It was easier to test and verify using SUM instead of stdev, but the formula is same NOTE the formulas are in a different colu...

Cell Selection?
I have a colum of numbers 198 0 0 198 2 What I need, is to be able to select 3. the 198's are not going to be used in the next part of my equation. That seems simple enough, however all the numbers could be usable (not 198) and I need to use just the first three. Any ideas? One interp / way, using non-array formulas Assuming source numbers in A1 down Put In B1: =IF(COUNT($C$1:C1)>3,"",C1) In C1: =IF(ISERROR(SMALL(D:D,ROW(A1))),"", INDEX(A:A,MATCH(SMALL(D:D,ROW(A1)),D:D,0))) In D1: =IF(A1="","",IF(A1=198,"",ROW())) Select B1:D...

Formulas don't work in certain cells #2
nope, the cells are formatted as numbers. I simply cannot figure thi out. -Jorda -- kalik24 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- kalik247's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1594 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27423 Being formatted as numbers doesn't automatically mean they are numbers. Copy an empty cell formatted to General. Select your range of numbers and Paste Special>Add>OK>Esc Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 1 Nov 2004 11:59:46 -0600, kalik247 <kalik2...

Date Range Formula Question
Hello, I'm having trouble with a formula and I'm hoping someone can help. :confused: Sample Data Includes the following: Pay Period Start Pay Period End Pay Period # 12/16/01 12/29/01 26 12/30/01 01/12/02 25 01/13/01 01/26/02 24 01/27/02 02/09/02 23 02/10/02 02/23/02 22 The pay periods continue until there are 26 pay periods for the entire year....

Time Zone / Incorrect Dates Displayed to User
When a user in the Central Time zone closes an opportunity and someone in the Mountain Time zone views it, the Actual Close Date is 1 day before the date the person in the Central Time zone selected. For instance... If someone in the Central Time zone closes an opportunity and selects the Actual Close Date as 6/2/2007: -- Users in the Central Time zone see: 6/2/2007 -- But users in the Mountain Time zone see: 6/1/2007 This is a big issue when running monthly reports as it makes some opportunities show in the wrong month... and will put that revenue in the wrong month. It would make mo...

if cell in other worksheet meets criteria, then leave blank.
I have data in worksheet A for each month, for each entity. Then I have a summary page which shows just the averages for each entity for each month. Then I need to create a master summary page which shows just the annual average for each entity, just one line per entity. My Summary page shows Jan-Dec in column A. I have a formula averaging the numbers from worksheet A. Jan-Mar is done. But the rest of the year hasn't happened yet, so April's formula results "#DIV/0!". I have already put in all the formulas for the year to be done with it. But I don'...

adding date/time picker to inputbox control
Hi all,is there a way to add a date/time picker control to inputbox?...

Fill cells with interpolated values
Hi What is the easiest way to fill cells with linear interpolated values ? e.g. i have value 5 in cell A1, and value 15 in cell A6. Cells A2 ... A5 should now be filles with 7, 9, 11, 13. of course, it's not a big deal to write a formula for interpolation, but maybe there is more simple way, (just by some mouse clicks....?) Biff Select the range A1:A6 with your start and stop value in their respective cells, and then do Edit / Fill / Series / Trend / Linear -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/...

Changing of range (Address) to (Cell)
Hi people I have encounter a problem with the use of range From a recorded macro, it's listed this way ActiveChart.SetSourceData Source:=Sheets("Trend").Range("A1:M2,A24:M28"), PlotBy:=xlRow And I edit it to this way ActiveChart.SetSourceData Source:=Sheets("Trend").Range("A1:M2," & Cells(StartX, StartY), Cells(LastX, LastY)), PlotBy:=xlRow And obviously VBA compiler won't let me go this easily, it happen to give an "evil-comment" on my source range, May i know how can i solve this Thank You Hi Kaiyang, Try this, assuming the...

Date & Time file was last saved
Is there away to display in a cell the date & time the file was last saved? I know you can do this in word but is it possible in Excel 2002? Here is an UDF Function DocProps(prop As String) application.volatile On Error GoTo err_value DocProps = ActiveWorkbook.BuiltinDocumentProperties(prop) Exit Function err_value: DocProps = CVErr(xlErrValue) End Function Now you can use the following formula in one of your cells: =DocProps("Last save time") Obviously, the file has to have been saved. -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to ...

Add working hours to date field
We offer computer support based on a certain response time in hours. I want to have a date field, on the case form, to automatically set x WORKING hours ahead, usually 8 hours. The actually hour value will be pulled from a contract. Does anyone know if this is possible or am I shooting way too high? ...

date macro
HI! Thanks in advance for helping. I would like to run a macro on a user form to take the date of report and see if the date is on or past the 26th and send the report to the its designated worksheet. looped. example: IF the report is anywhere created from 26th of the previous month to 25th of current month to go in to spreedsheet of that current month and continue on till project is finished. starting with the first day of contract to be awarded. the problem is i have to use thier form on excel. the thing is, the report will only have a "todays date" and the data to follow...

Caculating Columns Between Certain Dates
I have a spread sheet with for simplicity 4 columns Column 1 is a Date Column, Column 2 is a Company Name, Column 3 is a Payment amount X Column 4 is a Payment amount Y The amount due is the sum of X+Y between the relevant dates. The entries are in date order and the Company names random. The number of entries per company varies also. I want to be able to calculate the amount due for each company over a thee month period between certain varied dates. Questions 1. Is there a way to enter the dates to calculate between. 2. What is the best way to perform the calculations for each company?...

Post Exp Date in Master Rcd (row) from trans record
Hi, I'm using Access 2003 via Xp Office Pro. I'm working on a annual membership database. Each member has to renew each year if they want to stay a member. I want to keep a history of their membership. I have a membership table and will have a renewal table where I create a record / row each time a member renews. Key to both tables are automatic generated numbers. When I post the renewal transactions, I would like to change the expiration date that is on the master record. I realize that I would have the same data in both records, but for simplicity of the r...

Extracting the month that a date refers to in another cell
In cell A1 I have the date 3/15/2003 (no formatting). In cell B1 I have the formula =year(A1). The year shows correctly as 2003. In cell C1 I have the formula =text(weekday(A1),"ddd"). The text shows as "Sat" which is correct. In cell D1 I have the formula =month(A1) which correctly shows '3'. I attempted to use =text(month(A1),"mmm") in cell D1, but it shows as "Jan". Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong? TIA, Alan =TEXT(A1,"mmm") for 3-letter month name and =TEXT(A1,"ddd") for 3-letter day name. where A1 houses a...

How to add a drop down menu to a cell
How to add a drop down menu to a cell? hi, you don't add it to a cell. It's a control in the toolbox and it sits on top of the sheet. Tools>customize>toolbar tab>select control toolbox. it's called a combo box. click it and drag it to the sheet. for more help on combo boxes, type combo box in help. >-----Original Message----- >How to add a drop down menu to a cell? >. > You can do it. Take a look at Data>Validation, see this site for full details http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing d...

Day names in Calendar weekly view cells.
How does one display the days of the week, as well as the dates, in the title bars of the date cells in Weekly View of Outlook 2003 Calendar? It seems that an 'alternate calendar' of weekday names would do the trick if there's no simple setting that I've missed. Thanks, -- Michael H ...

Copy & paste in multiple areas using VBA
I'm trying to select a series of ranges to 1. paste a named formula I've created and then 2. remove the formula & leave the value What I have so far is shown below, but I'm sure there must be a better way. The problem seems to be that I can't use the copy function in a multiple range. I guess I can't paste xlValues to multiple ranges either, so I'm being forced to handle each range, one at a time, which seems rather cumbersome. Sub Macro1() Range("G8:R45,G50:R59,G63:R110,G114:R121,G114:R122,G126:R134").Select Selection = "=ITNBu...

text to date..!!
if i am having a date in a cell as 30/11/2005 but formatted in text, what's the procedure to change the same to date format as "30-Mar-2005"? thks & regds! via135 -- via135 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ via135's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26725 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=495816 sorry! a small correction! if i am having a date in a cell as 30/11/2005 but formatted in text, what's the procedure to change the same to date format as &q...

Possible to have a block of cells not affected by sorts or cursor movements, etc.
I don't know what to call what I'm trying to do so will try to briefly explain. All these years, I've placed 1 static results cells in the header row so that freeze panes would always show them. So, the descriptive cell and "total" dollar or figure amounts for the sheet would be located in 2 cells in this frozen header. Needless to say, this is not ideal. It works because I'm forced to keep stats down to just showing a global total so only 2 cells affected. I lose so much valuable sheet real estate as it is for the one totals formula since the rows below these 2 ...

Finding a range
Hello and Happy New Year I have an onopen event that references a named range (called "Report" on a worksheet named "Parameters"). If the Parameters sheet is active when the workbook is open, the code runs fine, however, if the user saves the file whilst active on another worksheet, the onopen cannot find the range. Ideally, I''d like to hide the "Parameters" sheet, but still have the onopen find the "Report" range regardless of the active sheet at the time of saving. Is there a way to do this that is transparent to the user? Thanks ...

Chart formatting with dates
I made a chart that has dates on the x-axis. The dates are not in consecutive order (ie Jan 5, Feb 8, etc). Excel defaults the axis format such that the dates fall in consecutive order and thus, makes my plot uneven. How do I format so that the exact dates I've entered into the cells show up on the x axis without adding any extra dates? Thanks Paula -- paulabrozek ------------------------------------------------------------------------ paulabrozek's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30377 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread....